Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tiny Horses - CLOSED by Merlin's Heir

Based on Click to view
Artist Merlin's Heir [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 16
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tiny Horses - CLOSED

Postby Merlin's Heir » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Tiny Fanclub -- Tiny Archives -- Tiny Personal Archives -- Tiny Breeding Thread -- Tiny Shows Thread -- Tiny Customs

CLOSED
Sorry, but we are currently closed. However, the revival of these fun little adoptables is currently being discussed and voted on in the fanclub (link above). Please feel free to join the discussion or put in your vote. (:

Welcome!
Hello, tiny people! This is where you can adopt Tiny Horses. These pocket-sized pets are adorable, sweet, and come in a variety of appearances. They fit quite nicely into your signature when you wish to display them there, and their miniscule size makes them much easier to care for, so you can have as many as you want without it being much trouble.

What is a Tiny Horse?
Tiny Horses are exactly what they sound like: very small horses. They are usually somewhere around an inch or an inch-and-a-half tall, though some very unusual individuals have been known to be smaller (three-quarters of an inch) or taller (two-and-a-half inches). Their diminished size has made it easy for them to stay under the radar for quite a number of years. They were only just discovered them this past year. Originally, they were thought to be an endangered species, but many more were discovered and now there are plenty to go around, so they are being distributed en masse throughout the world.
Tiny Horses are different from regular-sized horses in more ways than height, however. Foals are much smaller in comparison to adults, and mares usually produce 3-8 foals per "litter," though some have been known to have up to 11 in one litter (large litters seem to be a genetic thing). They also reproduce much more rapidly, somewhat like rabbits (though not quite that crazy).

Genetically Enhanced (GE) Tiny Horses
A while back, some large number of Tiny Horses was rescued from a laboratory that was testing illegal genetic enhancements on them. The original Tiny Horses that were rescued showed no signs of difference from unaltered Tiny Horses at first, but then they were bred. Firstly, they couldn't reproduce with normal Tiny Horses, only with other genetically enhanced Tiny Horses. Secondly, their offspring displayed unusual colorings and markings, ranging from patterns found in other animal species (such as felines or canines) to markings and colors not seen anywhere in the natural animal world. The first ("unusual" Tiny Horses) are much more common, but it seems that the possibility of producing the latter ("unnatural" Tiny Horses) increases with each generation.

Rules
Before you get too excited, let's go over the rules (better to get it over with now). Don't worry, this'll be short and sweet.
-- Follow all of CS' rules
-- Respect the staff, community, and rules
-- No whining, complaining, nagging, harassing, or otherwise being a nuisance
-- Don't claim idea/species as yours
-- Don't take a Tiny Horse that isn't yours
-- You can have as many Tiny Horses as you like, but don't hog them all
-- You can only adopt one Tiny Horse per litter
-- If you foe me or any of the other artists, you will not be allowed to adopt
-- I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, and to confiscate anyone's Tiny Horses if I see reason to

Adopting a Tiny Horse
Interested in adopting a Tiny Horse? It's easy! Tiny Horses are adopted out in litters (with the exception of the occasional single-horse release, though those are usually special ones). Select a litter (represented by a foal with blanket) that has some unadopted foals in it (will be marked with "Adopt Me" sign if there are foals available). Fill out the form provided and, if someone else doesn't adopt the foal you wanted first, then you'll get your very own Tiny Horse! Once all the foals are adopted (or a week after the first foal is adopted), all the foals that have been claimed will grow up.
You may be wondering why there is always a question ("what type has x color blanket?" or "how many Tiny Horses can you own?" and other such questions) on the forms to adopt. This is so that only those who read this post, the rules and info, and want a Tiny Horse enough to go and find the answer to the question will be able to adopt. I don't want people to adopt if they haven't taken the time to read the rules and info.
Note on blankets: The blankets don't represent the appearance of their respective litters. Instead, they indicate which type of Tiny Horse the litter is. Red = Standard type, green = Thoroughbred type, blue = Draft type, brown = Shetland type, cyan = Fjord type, orange = Arabian type, purple = Spanish type, magenta = Marwari type, and yellow/gold = Akhal-Teke type.

Tiny Horse Types
As mentioned above, there are several types of Tiny Horse. More may be discovered in the future, but at the present only seven are known to exist. Tiny Horses are not separated into different breeds, though some of the types are named after breeds that they resemble. Here is a list of the currently known types, in order of most common to least common.
Standard Type
Pretty much your average horse type, sort of mustang/crossbreed-like. One of the most commonly found types.
Thoroughbred Type
A lean, running type, reminiscent of the racing Thoroughbred. Long, fairly flat heads, short mane and tail.
Draft Type
The name says all. Heavy-built, sturdy type with feathering on the legs, usually on the taller side.
Shetland Type
Short, chubby, thick-haired, and adorable, this type is also named after the breed it resembles.
Fjord Type
Much like it's Norwegian namesake, this robust type has a thick, arched neck, sturdy build, and short-cut mane.
Arabian Type
Like their namesake, slender but strong type with a dished head and high tail carriage.
Spanish Type
Again, named after the breed they share appearance with. This is one of the less common types of Tiny Horse.
Marwari Type
Named for the inward-curved ears that resemble the breed of that name, this type is somewhat uncommon.
Akhal-Teke Type
Thin, shiny type with a flat or convex head and angular neck. The least common type of Tiny Horse.

Tiny Staff
Merlin's Heir - creator, artist, archivist
sergio. - artist
snowflop - artist

Banned Members
These members have broken the rules, mistreated staff/community, or otherwise been deemed unfit to own Tiny Horses. These people no longer have the right to adopt or breed Tiny Horses, to participate in shows or other events, or to be involved in the Tiny Horse community in general. Their Tiny Horses will be confiscated and put up for adoption to those more suitable of owning them. These members are not banned out of anger, spite, or any other such thing. I am always sad to ban people, but sometimes it has to be done, if we want to keep peace, order, and a nice, friendly community.
Thankfully, no one has been banned yet!
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:27 am, edited 37 times in total.
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Miscellaneous

Postby Merlin's Heir » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Holiday Types
During holiday celebrations (Easter, Christmas, etc.), special types are released called "Holiday Types." They are special types of Tiny Horses that are only available for that holiday during that year. After the celebrations are over, the type is "retired" and never released again. Each year, for each holiday, it's different. Naturally, there are some questions revolving around the holiday types and what they can/can't do.
Q: Can Holiday Types breed?
A: Yes, but they will only produce foals of the other Tiny Horse's type. Meaning that, if you bred a Holiday Type with a Marwari, you would only get Marwari type foals. However, the Holiday Type's coloring/genetics can, of course, be passed on. Naturally. This also means that Holiday Types cannot breed with other Holiday Types, no matter the season they are from, because there is no other type for the foals to be.
Q: Can Holiday Types enter shows?
A: Yes, they can. All Holiday Types, regardless of year or holiday, share the same point distribution, listed on the show thread.

Holiday Line-Edits
"Holiday Line-Edits" are the special add-ons or edits available during holidays. Like Holiday Types, they are retired after their respective holiday celebrations have ceased. The line-edits may vary, from pets to different manes/tails or possibly even things like wings, unicorn horns, or tack/accessories. Only the future can tell. And, of course, there are plenty of questions about these ones, too.
Q: When they breed, do the foals inherit the line-edits?
A: No, they do not, even if both parents have line-edits. This is to keep the line-edits rare.
Q: Can "Holiday Line-Edits" enter shows?
A: Yes. They function entirely as normal Tiny Horses of their type.
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tiny Horses

Postby Merlin's Heir » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Open for posting. Will get first litter out soon.
Last edited by Merlin's Heir on Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cavy's Girl » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Mark so hard this is officially the cutest thing EVAR!! <3
Image ImageImage
---I am married---I have a 3yr old son---I live in the US---
---I need pets and items from my wishlist only---
---I will do some art for pets on my wishlist (PM me)---
ImageImageImageImageImage
【Reading:】A Mɪᴅsᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ Nɪɢʜᴛ's Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴘɢ. ? 〖Watching:〗Aᴋᴀᴍᴇ Gᴀ Kɪʟʟ!, ᴇᴘ. 17
『Doing:』I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ! >.<
ImageImageImage
Cavy's Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:11 am

Stalk er I mean mark!
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atheon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:01 am

Marking ♥
They/he. I like video games and music. Straight edge.
carrd
Atheon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:08 am

Do they cost anything?
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:13 am

trixyr wrote:Do they cost anything?

Nope, they're completely free, so long as you follow the rules. :)
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:15 am

Merlin's Heir wrote:
trixyr wrote:Do they cost anything?

Nope, they're completely free, so long as you follow the rules. :)

Thanks for answering!
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Mark!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┏───────────────────────┓

linklinklink

Signature Credit || art above by PollyPoos || art on left by ty_tay

┖───────────────────────┚
W E L C O M E
┏───────────────────────┓
CWHR

Text text text text text text
Text text text text text text

┖───────────────────────┚
T O........C O T T O N W O O D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me