contest. (Art is fine though.)
Name meanings and username intros are also fine.^^
Introduce yourself! I'd love to hear all about you :3
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Yang's Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

End Date: March 25th
I'll create a masterpiece of my siggy later~ For now enjoy my Sinny. (Gifted by my dear friend Bebop <3 )

Neko-the-Gunslinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rivkah » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 pm

username: Rivkah. you know me. c;
      yang's name: Altair Xang; Altair is the brightest star in the constellation Aquila.

personality: Altair is a quiet, rather feminine Yang. Like most of his kind, he's rather withdrawn and prefers to be in solitude. However, he is often thought of as rather weak because he has a very enduring attitude that allows others to bully him to no end with little chance of him ever snapping; no one has seen him get angry before. Many chastise his weak demeanor and girlish behavior, but Tair is one who very rarely cares about the opinions of others. He's labeled a simpleton because he is mute, but he in fact has a rather high intelligence despite his lack of speech or communication. In order to speak to those he actually wishes to associate with, he uses a simple sign language that is normally easy to pick up on.

He is easily embarrassed and flustered, and because of that he tends not to frequent places with a lot of people roaming about for fear of making a fool of himself. He is most content in the sacred Glowing Forests, because there he may have silent conversations with himself and whatever flora and fauna grow there. Altair is very sensitive about sacred grounds and does not take kindly to those who desecrate them. Altogether Altair is a very unique and sadly overlooked character; while he is a wonderful person to get to know and slowly earn the loyalty of, most barely even take the time to spare a glance, and he remains a wallflower, so to speak.

Despite the assumption that he would want to be related to stars, regarding his appearance, Altair does not avidly study astronomy or anything of the sort. Instead, he is fascinated by things of the mind. The stars and moon upon his clothing symbolizing the “night” side of our conflicting brains. He enjoys riddles and puzzles more than anything, and coming up with new paradoxes and boggling experiments is a great way to pass the time. He enjoys coming up with theories on alternate universes and other life out there, but due to the fact he's so withdrawn, people usually think he's some crazy just scribbling madness away in his notebook.
Last edited by Rivkah on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OYY #3

Postby WitchSoul0123 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 am

Wow... Ooh! I might acctualy be able to get to this before I leeaaaaaavavavavavvavajdnnffjmdns
WitchSoul0123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 am

I'll just pop this here.

Username:
Yang's Name:
Personality:
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:32 am

ค ฬเรђ เร ค ๔гєค๓ א๏ยг ђєคгt ๓คкєร
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
שเ๏lєt & เשא
    Hello there! I'm Violet & Ivy. I've come hoping to learn and perhaps earn an Oni Yin Yang. Granted this is the first time I've ever tried out for one. However I hope to show you my best.

ђєรקєг๏ร

Hesperos (HE′SPERUS)named after the evening-star god, is called by Hesiod a son of Astraeus and Eos. Also known as "Evening," and was the star of dusk. Reason for choosing this name was simple. He looks as if he'd enjoy Evening best rather than Dawn. And honestly I could see him with stars falling from his eyes like tears to be honest. Hesperos sounded like it fit him well and I wanted to build off of that a bit.

เภt๏ קєгร๏ภคlร
    Last edited by Wileyfangs on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wileyfangs

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Ardra » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 am

Username:
      Hello!
      I'm Ardra, Just your average ChickenSmoothian who has been stalking OYY ever since my friend, TheNightsIllusion, showed me one of hers.I have a ton of work, as well as being a full time student in college so its hard to keep up with stuff here on CS, though I try to be as active as possible with everything I'm involved in. I also have clinical depression so I can really relate to Yangs, as it is their common medical illness. I'm new at humanoid art, and I really like this guy, so I hope I can call him my first OYY, and be able to draw him constantly and work on that anatomy. ^ ^

Yang's Name:
      Azzyr
      It is a Drow name, It doesn't really have any specific meaning

Personality:
      Azzyr isn't quite like the usual Yangs, solitude is something he cannot handle, he gets depressed if he isn't in contact with another creature, and the longer the solitude lasts, the further he sinks into depression. While he does enjoy others company, and in fact relies on it, Azzyr can be very distant when it comes to his thoughts and feelings. He very much prefers to observe and listen, rather than participate. Zyr does like to listen to his friends thoughts, feelings, and problems, as he enjoys helping those around him, and is even willing to listen to a stranger's problem if he can, and help where he is needed. That being said, when it comes to Zyr's feelings he isn't always so open as he hopes his friends are with him. He finds it incredibly hard to share what it is he feels, even if he is incredibly upset about something. The only emotions he truly shows is happiness, and anger, but not much else in between.

Generally Azzyr is a happy Yang, he always has a smile on his face and a joke to share with whomever will listen. Though, when it comes to meeting new people he is extremely shy, but willing to talk with whomever it may be to try and make a friend. Fighting is not something Zry enjoys, he isn't very good fighting with fists, or swords, or knives, or feet... Or really any sort of weapon to be honest. He does enjoy a good argument, however, he views the battle of wits as something to truly be admired. Zyr considers himself intelligent, but only in certain things, such as how the world works.

A dreamer is a good way to describe Zyr, despite his pessimistic outlook in life, because he has many dreams he wishes to follow, and knows that only hard work will get you there, and to just sit around and hope that you will achieve your goals is pointless. He doesn't have a very adventurous soul, but instead prefers to stay in one place for long periods of time. Nature is something Zyr values, and respects so much. He knows that even without him there, nature, and the world, will move on, but it is up to those here and now to take care of it so others after him may be able to enjoy nature as much as he does.

Like the stereotypical yangs, Azzyr does have an extremely explosive temper, but it takes a lot to get him to reach that point. However, he is still very easily angered, even if it is just a mild form of his anger. For him to calm down, he must find a quiet corner and meditate for a little while. Even when he is angry with his friends, he is still loyal to them. He isn't afraid to stand up for any of his friends, even if he doesn't necessarily agree with them. He is brave in the face of danger, even if he is afraid, he uses that fear as a weapon, for he knows to be fearless is to be reckless. Zyr cannot handle pressure and tends to crack almost right away, thus he really is more of a follower than a leader, which is alright for him, it allows him to observe and listen.
    Last edited by Ardra on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
    Ardra

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby yuketsu » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 am

Username: Thistlestar
    Yang's Name: Rei
    Personality: He's a quiet distant fellow who loves looking at the stars.
    x盯著我幹嘛?你有什麼目的!
    bestie | senpai | valorant fanclub
    chinese, christian, registered nurse
    my shops: art | character designs
    yuketsu

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Zoe-Underland » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 am

Username: Zoe-Underland
    Yang's Name: Wip
    Personality: Wip
    Zoe-Underland

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Sand » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 am

*Art by a friend*

Username:Sand
    Yang's Name:Zakhotet - Translators are bad.
    Personality: He's a dreamer, that's for sure. He's optimistic and normally pretty happy. He always believes each day will be better than the last and tries to get others to see the way he does. Zak, as some call him, can be a little annoying sometimes, as well, with his peppy attitude. All in all, he's a good guy and even if some people find him annoying, he always finds a way to make them smile.
    Last edited by Sand on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sand

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby I-QUIT » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:00 am

Username ;;robinflight.
      Yang's Name ;;Raymond.
      Personality ;;
      Raymond is very cold to the skin but warm towards the heart. Meaning he has a tough outer layer but he's actually quiet the sweetheart- that is, if he likes you. He is very mature, many joke around, stating that he was five years old when he reached maturity. Raymond is very polite and sophisticated but has a reckless and rebellious side which its very rare that he shows it because he usually manages to keep his cool.
    I-QUIT

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me