Ancient Rune Of Time And Space by Benathorn

Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ancient Rune Of Time And Space

Postby Benathorn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 pm

This Ancient is to never be sold once it is owned. No one is allowed to try and offer any sort of payment for it, if they do offer please refer them to the rules and give them a warning! Once an Ancient belongs to someone it is their's alone, and while comments are appreciated, offering payment is not. Believe me, no one else could offer what these people pay for their Ancients so try to be considerate of one of our main rules!

"Ƭнɛ Ƨтσяʏ σғ тнɛ Ƨʋммσиɛя Ɯнσ Ƨтσρρɛ∂ Ƭιмɛ"

"The Ancients are now starting to become known. I have given quite a few stones to individuals that I believed could call upon these creatures and have now come across a stone myself. For some reason I feel it calling to me, biding me to search out it's origin and whisper it's name. The Rune Stone has an unforgiving aura about it but also an allure that I can not resist. I must leave my cottage now in the care of my apprentices 'till I return, but also fear what I am about to do. I have traveled for days to a rather far off place to the north, away from the cities and civilization. Large forests spread out before me as tall trees reach for the sky in an effort to touch the heavens above. It is late afternoon, and the sun is setting as it casts it's last rays of light, creating far reaching shadows that follow in my wake. My own rune Gadzooks, sits atop my shoulder with unease. I can sense he does not approve of what I am about to do since the Rune Stone I have carries a very dangerous and unpredictable Ancient. This stone holds the ability to call forth the being of time and space, and this power alone makes it formidable as I clutch the stone closely and come to a stop. "I know what I must do Zooks, and I am sorry to have brought you here with me." The partly mechanical rune simply looks at me through it's mask, his expression unreadable but his feelings hold both determination and love. I smile as the fading sun drifts down and cast the forest into long shadows of darkness. I am afraid, but can not stop now as I clutch the stone closely and whisper the Ancient's true name softly. "Numair, I summon you oh Ancient of time and space..."

The forest grew quite now as if time itself had stopped; no sound could be heard except for the beating of my heart. I soon held my breath as my eyes widened at the sight before me. The long shadows of the trees soon began to move on their own and lift from the ground as if attached to strings. They swirled seamlessly together to create a very large and imposing form that stared down at me with harsh golden eyes and a mask of death. It's shadowy figure soon solidified into the body of an Ancient, as its skin glistened with the moon's glow. "So you have finally answered my call, Thorn...I do not like to be kept waiting..." I narrowed my eyes at the creature but kept still as I stared up at Numair "I had business to attend to as I am sure you already know. A new government is rising in Alabaster city, and has threatened many Rune Bearers. They have fled to my cottage in the forest and we now build a resistance but-" A sudden whoosh of air made me stop as Numair went from imposing dragon, to the form of a lean man with long silver hair and dark skin. "I am the Ancient of Time, I do not need you to explain what is going on. You are here because you know you can not win with just your small group. You need strength, power, and most of all, time. What ever would your little resistance think if they knew you did not believe in them? They would be devastated, would they not? Yet here you are, alone and asking for my help..." I gritted my teeth in anger but held my tongue as I stared at the man with an icy glare "I am here because it would be a massacre if I sent those people to fight in vain. They deserve to live their lives in peace, and I will do anything to make sure they earn their freedom...at any cost." This earned a raised brow from the Ancient. He eyed me with devious understanding, "So, you will make the pact? You understand what this means, no? By accepting my bond you relinquish your mortality. You will live a cursed life, never aging and watching those you love grow old and die." A smile creased his fair features as he circled and came to stand before me. "You will be mine and mine alone. I will own you, and you, in return shall keep me company, sharing in this lonely existence of mine. Forever traversing time itself, never allowed to be a part of any of it. In return, you will have the power you seek and I will stop time itself to make sure your precious Rune Bearers win this war...'

I grimaced at his words, Ancients long to be bonded to a summoner but the Ancient of time had yet to bond with any due to the extreme cost of creating a pact with such a creature. I pause as I look to Zooks, whom I feel such despair coming from. Even he knows what will come of this, the great price if I accept. Looking back to Numair, I gave him a defeated look "I accept your pact Numair, as long as you promise that my apprentices, the Rune Bearers, are all kept safe and you help us win back our freedom." The man smiles as his form suddenly changes to that of the dark showery dragon from before "I knew you would, you never disappoint Thorn. Make the pact and let us show our enemies what true fear is! I will devour time itself, and make them wish they were never born." I lift my hand shakily as I outstretch it to touch the Ancient's skull masked face. Upon touching the smooth surface, I nearly blacked out from the sudden pain. The mark of his rune burned into my hand, the intense agony that swept through my body was immense as I reeled on the ground trying to catch my breath. Our souls touched, and the Ancient of Time now bonded with me. Finally, the pain stopped as quickly as it had come, and I laid there, wondering if all Ancient bonds were this painful. "Your freedom has now been forfeit so that many may gain freedom in return..." It sounded as if Numair was pitying me as he helped me up. His eyes held both happiness at no longer being alone, but also regret, for dragging me into his cursed existence. "I promise that I will do my best to keep you happy. After all, you have an eternity to think about it." I felt cold and empty as tears filled my eyes and I began to weep at my lost freedom. I do not want this, but it had to be done so that the others would not die. I could not bare to see them ripped apart from their runes, but I also felt so much regret for what I had given up. Numair simply looked at me with confusion, he was not used to feeling such emotions that he had long since forgotten, and simply stood silently near me as I sobbed into the night. His presence would now be the only thing to comfort me as I watched the world grow old around me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:Summoner's Name:.
Benathorn
.:Ancient's 'True' Name:.
Numair
.:Gender:.
Male
Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ancient Rune Of Time

Postby Jendalie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:06 am

That's...heartbreaking. ;_;

The ancient is beautiful though, amazing job sis!
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks, it needed to be written that way and I put up a warning that it would be sad. I am also not finished with it yet but I'm glad it is coming along nicely.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:21 am

Yes, I saw the warning. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version and following the RP once everything get's set up and going.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 am

I love this story ; u;
I've always wondered about this aspect of immortality, and you came up with it perfectly.
Numair is such an interesting rune, I love his golden wings and general anatomy, plus the balance between uniqueness and the beauty of simplicity is well matched. And his white mask is surely captivating.
Great job Bena, can't wait for Commander's RP to properly open <333 It's really gonna be interesting with Numair in ^w^~

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:02 am

Ashenjay wrote:
I love this story ; u;
I've always wondered about this aspect of immortality, and you came up with it perfectly.
Numair is such an interesting rune, I love his golden wings and general anatomy, plus the balance between uniqueness and the beauty of simplicity is well matched. And his white mask is surely captivating.
Great job Bena, can't wait for Commander's RP to properly open <333 It's really gonna be interesting with Numair in ^w^~

Thank you so much Ash, I am glad you saw the true meaning within the story rather then the depressing bits. He will be an interesting character within the RP but will mostly be the key to keeping it on tract and revealing what is truly going on in the story. I think this RP will be truly fascinating with everyone pretty much playing as themselves and there runes, so it is sure to be a joy to read. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby momoply45 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 am

Amazing. Just amazing 0.0

Momoply45
Rune Dragons
▐ Theme song▐
Wake Me Up When September Ends.
▐ Mood:▐
It's a secret. ^^
▐ Getting art from me - One slot▐
You can PM me and give me link to what you want me to draw and I'll get back to you. But be aware that if it is really detailed don't expect me to get it right.
▐ Livestream▐
Online/Offline
momoply45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 am

momoply45 wrote:Amazing. Just amazing 0.0

Thank you, I'm glad you like it ^_^
Last edited by Benathorn on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crocodile-God » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 am

Bena! What have you done?! **Stares wide eyed at her and the ancient, her Toxic Rune, "Riki" lowering his head and slithering into her back pack**
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:29 am

DracosCanine wrote:Bena! What have you done?! **Stares wide eyed at her and the ancient, her Toxic Rune, "Riki" lowering his head and slithering into her back pack**

Don't worry, it is just a story for the Rune Dragon RP and not all Ancient Pacts are a blessing. Some may be a curse and I will try and release those in the near future. ^^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me