Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

: where are you, my love? by Kisiel

Artist Kisiel [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

: where are you, my love?

Postby Kisiel » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 am

This is what happens when Kass is alone in the house and has nobody to talk to. Because SOMEONE *coughcough* couldn't get on Skype. Grrr. This is how a fail mouse drawing of a bird comes to life.

So, Valentine's day is coming up. It makes me remember when, back in 2008, my male Zebra Finch was in love. He was only about a year old at the time, and I decided that he needs some company. So I bought him a female. She was a cute little thing; almost pure white with an orange beak. And my boy fell in love. He was crazy about her; he even fed her, which I found really amusing c: A few months later, they started building a nest-- Or rather, he was the one who came with all the building materials: she just sat there and bossed him around. When the nest was finished, it was time to lay the first egg. But, the little female clearly struggled, and after a whole evening of unsuccesfully trying to push out the egg, she was so weak she ended up having to rest on the floor of the cage. I didn't know how to help her. He didn't know either. All we could do was watch and wait for something to happen. He sat beside her on that floor all the time, whispering quietly in their own language and supporting her. He didn't leave for a second.
    She died that night.
    If there's something such as bird depression, then that's what got into my boy after her death. He didn't eat, he didn't sing. All he did was sat in the empty nest. It made me sad too, seeing him like this. So I decided to try again, and got another female. She looked similar to the first one, so I thought he'd love her too. And he did, but not as much as the one before. Sadly, she died too a couple months later, and my boy was lonely once again. I didn't want him to be alone, but I didn't want to take a risk by buying another female either. So I bought a male. He was a chestnut flanked white Zebra Finch, so I guess that in some way he resembled the two white females :) At the beginning they didn't really get along, but now, a few years later, they're best friends.
    I know that if anyone actually bothered to read the story behind this picture, you'll probably think that I'm weird thinking that a little bird could have fallen in love. But I swear it's true. <3

Oh, and the timer is a liiiaaar! That did not take four and a half hours .-. maybe about about two hours; I've spent the rest of that time chasing my birds across the room because they were fighting over a piece of lettuce.
Last edited by Kisiel on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: : where are you, my love?

Postby badkitten » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 am

super awesome!!
badkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:38 am

badkitten wrote:super awesome!!
    Thank you! c:
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Telescope » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:21 pm

This is gorgeous. ^-^
enfj/♊/♀
Tumblr
hey i'm tele and i'm super cool
しょうがない
Telescope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whirl budgie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Well, I think its a great picture, and I really like the pose >w<
I have 4 budgies at home, and believe me, I believe you, birds (even small birds) have a massive amount of personality. They look sad, look happy, grumpy, and fall in love like we do :3.
They also attack your ponytail if its within beak reach >.> *thank you very much Bubbles*

Anyway, keep up the great work!
-whirl budgie

(can you guess why I'm called that!? :lol: )
Look at the smexy Ed Sheeran gif! Love him! LOVVEE HIMMM!!!
Image ImageImage Image
(Mirrabella and I are friends and trade unfairly together! WE NO BOTS! >.<)
whirl budgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:40 am

Telescope wrote:This is gorgeous. ^-^
    Thanks! :')
whirl budgie wrote:(...)
I have 4 budgies at home, and believe me, I believe you, birds (even small birds) have a massive amount of personality. They look sad, look happy, grumpy, and fall in love like we do :3.
(...)
    I completly agree with this ^^
    Personally, I've never had any of the bigger birds or any parrots, but these little things are simply incredible :3
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitten; » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 am

This is so freaking beautiful. :'3 I'm so sorry I couldn't get on Skype but you made good use of your time, no? <33333
    The story just broke my heart ;3; You always know how to make me like this, don't you? :3
    And how did I find this a week later, I don't know ._. I guess I've been busy with my math and everything. But really, you are an amazing artist...actually, you're my favorite artist I've seen. Don't let that go to waste <3
kitten;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm

kitten; wrote:
    This is so freaking beautiful. :'3 I'm so sorry I couldn't get on Skype but you made good use of your time, no? <33333
    The story just broke my heart ;3; You always know how to make me like this, don't you? :3
    And how did I find this a week later, I don't know ._. I guess I've been busy with my math and everything. But really, you are an amazing artist...actually, you're my favorite artist I've seen. Don't let that go to waste <3

Awh, thank chuuu! <33333 And yes, I did :D
    Nuu, don't say that :( Because if you'll be sad then I'll be sad too, and when we're both sad then it's not fun. <--- that doesn't make any sense, but whatever c:

Last bumped by Kisiel on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm.
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me