Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Glacierclan // explore post 7 // word count;1117

Postby .sins. » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:21 am

The cool winter air threatened to enter the cave that the clan called home. A brown pelt sat
along the edge of the cliff drop to the beach below, the longer stands of fur catching on the small
amounts of breeze from the ocean. It had been a few moons since Blackberry Song had left the
clan in the scuffle between her and her biological family. Glacierstar was still hiding away in his
den, only visited by his other daughter who had stayed. The clan could feel the presence of their
actual leader diminished, but the deputy had taken good care of all dealings there might have
been for the leader.

“Eagle Stone!” A call pulled the cat away from the ledge and towards the center of the clan
camp. He had taken up the role of an acting deputy to help Asphodel Dawn with her duties.
Making his way towards the voice, he saw his nieces and nephews practicing their fighting and
hunting skills. Only a moon before they were all given a mentor, but one kit seemed to be
missing. Shrugging it off, he made his way to Asphodel Dawn.

“Have you given thought to who should mentor the kits?” His head spun from the thought.
“Their ceremony is today.”

“They should have another moon –”

“Respectfully, stop thinking about her. It has been much longer than you think it has, let her
go and focus on the clan now,” her words sharp, but blunt. The brown tom nodded his head and
looked around.

“Give me a few moments, Onion is missing,” He turned towards the healers den. Stopping just
outside the entrance, he could hear the playful tone of Leaf Ember and Onion as they sorted
through herbs. His mother’s scent was the strongest he could smell though. Nothing to think
about there, his brother’s youngest would be a healer under his mother or Leaf Ember. The
other three kits were a mystery to him. Walking to his brother, he touched his shoulder and
nodded for the tom to follow him, as they made their way to Asphodel Dawn

“We need to talk,” Eagle Stone commented to the deputy as they walked to a more secluded
corner of the camp. As they all sat down, the chocolate tom opened his mouth to speak only to
be cut off by his brother.

“Onion needs to be a medicine cat,” Pine Wind started, his fur starting to stand on edge.

“There’s no doubt, it will happen,” Eagle Stone reassured his brother, “The question is who do
the other three go with? Brother, I need your input. You care for them and watch them the most.”

“Cascade would make a good forest shadow,” Asphodel Dawn chimed in. “I know one when
I see it, and she has the makings of a great hunter in the forested part of the territory.” All
nodded in agreement of the deputy. “I want her to study under Orca Song. They are newer to the
clan yes, but I think this would help to bring them in more and really make them feel welcomed.”

“Kestrel is constantly staring at the beaches, and the few times I have taken her from the camp
I have to drag her back,” Pine Wind stated about his oldest kit. “Give her to Reindeer Tail. I
know she just finished training her own kit, but let her teach another.”

“That only leaves Fir,” Eagle Stone trailed off. The trio looked to the lightly colored kit almost in
unison. She pinned her sister to the ground, and proudly showed it off to those who were watching.

“Fir!” Pine Wind snapped after a moment to get her off her sibling who was struggling. The
smokey brown tom stood up instantly as a darker colored tom paced up to the kit. She puffed
out her chest to him, as her sibling attempted to not cower in fear.

“Sky Walker,” Pine Wind started, only for Asphodel Dawn to step in his way.

“Maybe that’s how we get him to feel something a bit more,” she started to a hasty growl from
the father.

“You cannot use my daughter as a test for a mad cat!” Heads started to turn by those closest.
The fur along his spine started to rise before lowering at his brother’s touch. Padding away, Pine
Wind shoved his way between the tom and his daughter who bolted to the healer’s den to get
her brother.

“It is decided then,” Asphodel Dawn mewed, ignoring the glare from Eagle Stone. She walked
away, talking to the first of the mentors she could find about the decisions made.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

The beaches were chilled under foot, as the group made their way towards the western border.
Eagle Stone and his brother were hesitant for patrols after the ceremony but had to make a
compromise. He got away from Heather Flight, unlucky for his brother, while he was set to baby-
sit Fir and Sky Walker.

The sounds of silenced birds alerted the tom to a possible catch made by Pidgeon Whisper, and
not long after, a streak of her blue and red coat alerted him that she was fine. However a strange
smell passed across his nose. He stopped the others.

“What is it?” Sky Walker padded up past him. A low grumble passed from himself to Sunset
Runner behind him. “Intruders?”

“Well I would know, if you would’ve stayed behind me and not caused me to lose the smell,”
Eagle Stone snapped at the tom. The urge to claw his ear like he was an apprentice was strong,
but he held back, slowly moving deeper into the brush. The sight of Pidgeon Whisper standing
still worried the tom as he paced forward. Her ears flicked back as he approached.

“Four cats,” She mewed in a hushed tone, as if she was still hunting. “Scent of blood lingers on
them, but not sure what it’s from.

“Thank you,” he flicked his tail to hers, “Please, go back to the camp, and send Asphodel Dawn,
and Glacierstar, if possible. Sky Walker, take Fir back to the camp now!” He shot a glance back
to the tom as he started to argue. “You have an apprentice you have to protect now,” he growled,
“Take her back, now!” The sounds of three sets of steps echoed into the forest.

“Is this really a good Idea? Just you and me?” Sunset Runner asked.

“Not a clue, and I don’t think we have a choice,” Eagle Stone sighed. “Let’s try to not provoke
them.”
words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words
╔══════════════╗

ATS ON PATROL
eagle stone| HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
↳ he/him
sunset runner| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ he/they
pidgeon whisper| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ she/her
cat name| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns
cat name| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns
cat| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
↳ pronouns

╚══════════════╝
╔═══════╤══════╗

experience;
205/300 - - - - - - -

level;
2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

╚═══════╧══════╝
╔══════════════╗
death opt-in;; yes.................
active quests;; n/a .................

╚══════════════╝
╔══════╤═══════╗

Predators;.............
red & artic fox
lynx, coyote,
fisher, mink
wolverine

╚══════╧═══════╝
╔══════════════╗

NVENTORY
fish eggs (+1 fp) x1..-..... sorrel x1
mouse (+2 fp) x1...... .... stick x1
minnow (+3 fp) x2 ...-.... fennel x1
marmot (+5 fp) x1 ........ feverfew x1
otter (+5 fp) x1 ...... ..... bindweed x1
bird eggs (+1 fp) x1... .... marigold x1
squirrel (+3 fp) x2 ...... coltsfoot x1
...... yarrow x1

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

TEMS SED
n/a

╚══════════════╝
╔══════════════╗

OTES
❈ n/a

╚══════════════╝
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0207.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:48 am

CATS OF THE HORIZON !!
    xxxxeternaloutcxst clan archive last post

Rght here, right now… it was like a new chapter of her life had unfolded. The old, gently filed away, the inked pages of scrawled script tucked to the side and smoothed over to make room for the new.

Behind her, skyscrapers faded like falling stars, glistening metropolises and growling wheeled-beasts winking out of existence as if nothing more than an extinguished flame. The noise, the turmoil, the acrid stench of the city dwindled. Until all that was left was her. Her… and her fellow companions.

And someone else.

“Oh!” She stumbled, her shoulder scuffing against the chapped bark of a spruce. A cool nose on her shoulder steadied her, their scent a familiar, steadying presence. Kestrelwing. Their gaze found hers, the ebony rimming their eyes soft with concern. Just… like that day by the river. She fumbled for a smile, cheeks rosy. “I’m fine. Just… a scratch.” (-3% health for duskshadow; she may continue patrolling without herbs or rest!)

“Good.” They huffed, the bangs cresting the top of their head lifting with the breath. “Now, the question is… who’s that?”

A stranger. And it was all the only answer that rose, kissing the tip of her tongue. A stranger of bronze and gold curls, vibrant ribbons and silver bells undulating from her sides, and a strange wooden stick grasped within her jaws. A stick with a tiny barrel of gold and scarlet at the top, rivulets of honey spiraling around in loose strands. She danced… an odd, hopping ritual. Almost like━

“Oh, goodness! I didn’t see you there!” The stranger’s steps faltered a touch, before a warm smile touched her muzzle. “I’m Furzetuft! I see we have some fellow travellers… are you hungry? I have plenty to offer ━ come, take your fill! I have more than enough to lure my bird friend back.” (+2FP small fish, +1FP scraps, +1 honey)

Her brows furrowed. “Sorry, your… bird?”

“Why, yes! My little bird went missing a few sunrises ago. I heard setting some food out could entice him to come back?” Her smile wavered. “But it’s been awhile and he still hasn’t returned.”

“What type of bird is he?” Tinysplash’s head shot up, voice soft. “Also, I-uh… don’t think most birds like honey.”

“Oh! Maybe that’s it.” The stranger paused, setting down the wooden stick. Her tail swished, wringing into knots. Almost… anxious. “I know we’ve just met, but… perhaps you’d like to help me look for my bird? He means the world to me.”

Furzetuft (an npc) is searching for her bird friend! Does the patrol aid her or choose to continue patrolling?

xx

──────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ duskshadow (10% hunger), kestrelwing (10% hunger),
        xx.xtinysplash (10% hunger)

✦ health stats (may continue patrolling!)
        xx↳ duskshadow (97% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +130XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+3XP for prey, +1XP for herbs
        ││
        ││
        ✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +2FP small fish, +1FP scraps
        xx.x+1 honey

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
        xx↳ +144XP → level 3 (298/400XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby lunar-lynx » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:56 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"...at times, the greatest courage of all is to live."
- The Sight, David-Clement Davies -

_____________________________________________________________________________________

cats on patrol
Snowstar
she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Falconstrike
he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fawnstep

level: 0
experience: 0
items in inventory used
none
active quests
---
opted into death?
no
inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
    Last Explore Post (N/A) | Last Response Received (N/A) | Territory (they begin near the low hills)

The silence of the morning was broken by crisp laughter as three cats emerged from the brush.
                  "It's a good thing this isn't a hunting patrol," Snowstar scolded, humor lighting her eyes as she looked back at Falconstrike and Fawnstep trailing behind her. The sun had barely touched the sky as the trio made their way along the borders of CedarClan territory.

Falconstrike jolted forward to catch up to his leader. He bumped his shoulder against her. "Nothing will get past us! Just you see."

Snowstar rolled her eyes at the young warrior and paused to mark the border. "Oh, yeah, nothing gets past you."

Fawnstep purred in amusement and the trio continued on, their steps a little softer and voices quieter as they got further from the safety of camp. The sun lit up the dew on the fresh leaves of the trees and bushes, making the forest glimmer. Snowstar looked at her territory with a contented sigh. She had found the perfect place to call home.

As they continued on, the forest floor started to get a little more gritty. Sand mixed in with the dirt as they came to the river's edge. They turned to walk along the water until they reached the fallen tree crossing. Here they hopped across and landed in a mix of sand and needles. This edge of the water was a forest of pine. Falconstrike ran up to the nearest tree and made his marking.

Again, they continued on until pine turned to marsh. The patrol went on quietly and without incident as they marked this area of their territory. The lake could be seen in the distance beyond the marshland. They turned back in the direction of the fallen tree crossing once more.

__

(This is my first post and I'm still a little confused about the whole dynamic of this, so please forgive me if I'm doing anything incorrectly. I think I'll leave this hanging like this for the sake of replies, I think that's how this goes? If I'm not understanding, please feel free to PM me to explain. Thanks!)
ImagexxxxxImagexxxxImagexxxxImage
Cats, Video Games, and Game of Thrones obsessed. xxxxx >>> xxxxx deviantart . tumblr . characters . cedarclan (stars)
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0208.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:32 am

GLACIERCLAN !!
    x.sins. archive last post

Four against two.

The odds were far from ideal, even if one or more bore injuries. Injuries created desperation. And desperation… an element of unpredictability ━ just enough that would make even the most level-headed among them turn rabid. It gnawed at her, a prodding sensation in her stomach as she ran.

Her pawsteps, light and leaping, never faltered from a Forest Shadow’s gait and stride. The rhythm of the ground beneath her paws grounded her. There was just… something soothing about the familiar. Something about the ocean breeze streaming through her curls, the sweet earth-bound scents of the forest and the kiss of dancing silhouettes urging her on.

Tangles of moss tickled her cheeks as she ducked underneath a swinging branch. Camp loomed, a glistening spark, cresting the horizon. Just a few more steps. A few more━

A crushed nest.

Slowing her pace, she knelt down beside it, claws brushing against the snapped twigs that once held it together, twigs lovingly knit by expecting birds. Apart from an infestation of ghostly worms and a few unrotted herbs… there was nothing left. Nothing more than a decimated mass of trampled branchlets and scions, torn apart by thieving claws. (+1FP worms, +1FP worms, +1FP worms, +1 chamomile, +1 elder leaves, +1 lovage)

No, not claws. Talons.

Eyes narrowed, she lifted her paw from a loose pellet. With a claw, she broke it apart, exposing loose feathers and bones. An owl’s, perhaps? But the slender, dark feather caught in the remnants of a shattered nest screamed otherwise. A gradient of dark, murky hues fading to a striking ivory white. A bald eagle.

Her heart skittered. These tracks led deeper into the forest cover, where Eagle Stone and Sunset Runner━

Focus.

She swallowed, lifting her gaze forward. Ashodel Dawn and Glacierstar first. Her priority. As for Eagle Stone and Sunset Runner… she prayed they’d see the signs: the tiny pellets, the gradient feathers, the forest’s unnatural silence. And heed the warning.

Signs/scents of a bald eagle (predator) abound in Glacierclan's territory!
    Does the patrol seek and confront the eagle? Or continue on their current quest?

xx

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ eagle stone (20% hunger), sunset runner (20% hunger),
        xx.xpidgeon whisper (10% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +130XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+6XP for prey, +6XP for herbs
        xx↳ +1FP worms, +1FP worms, +1FP worms
        xx.x+1 chamomile, +1 elder leaves, +1 lovage

✦ levels
        xx↳ +162XP → level 2 (367/300XP) → level 3 (67/400XP)

congrats! you've reached level three & earned an additional +2FP (your choice!), +1 herb (your choice!) and +1 nr myo!
      xxxx✦ notes; n/a! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eidolon. » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:38 am

cats on patrol wrote:

Murkstar
-currently Murksong-

| he/they
| HP 100%
| HUP 0%
| Sick: N

-
| prns
| HP -
| HUP -
| Sick: -

-
| prns
| HP -
| HUP -

-
| prns
| HP -
| HUP -

-
| prns
| HP -
| HUP -

-
| prns
| HP -
| HUP -

inventory wrote:

Bug | 1 FP | x1
Scraps | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Nightshade | x1
Dandelion | x1
Fennel | x1

-- items in inventory used
n/a

-- active quests:
n/a

threadlast explore postlast response recieved ✦ death opt - OUT ✦ lvl 0 - exp 85 ✦ Prey list

It was a surprise just how much life still survived amidst the wastelands that he called home. Despite the lingering poisons of the past, plants had still managed to overtake much of the dystopian city. Some were large enough to span up buildings, reach up into the heavens in a search of solitude. Others were small sprigs of fennel. That could serve to be useful in the future.

Many would call them stupid for picking up so many herbs and such during their travels, but with just how many times his shelter had been uprooted by one cause or another, his stocks always ran low if not empty. Having a surplus of supplies would never hurt anyway, so long as he could find a place to store everything.

The heavy, iron-like scent of blood hit his nostrils like a pang. It smelled fresh. Whatever carcass he was to stumble across had been smothered of its life recently. As it turned out, it was just a rabbit. Part of it had already been scavenged and picked off, but there was still a fair bit of meat left attached to the bones that Murksong tried their best to gather. Then it hit them.

If the kill was fresh, the killer was no doubt nearby. He felt his hackles raise at the thought. The highest possibility was that whatever had hunted the rabbit was just as likely to hunt him too. Even so… did he dare think that it might have been another cat?

[ 258 words ]
eidolon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0209.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:54 pm

CEDARCLAN !!
    xlunar-lynx archive last post

The gnarled bark beneath her paws wavered.

It bobbed up and down, but… not like it usually would. Instead of the gentle swing and sway of the river’s rhythm, the crossing rocked in crisp, cutting sweeps. And just ahead, the culprit teetered, legs bent as he bounced. Up and down. Up… down. Up━

“Hey! Take it easy, you.” Her muzzle lifted, playing into a subtle smile as she eased her way through the tangle of snarled branchlets. The wobble of the crossing paused for a breath's pause and she nudged her head into his side. “Trying to make us all fall in?”

Falconstrike grinned, the twinkle in those teal eyes, gleaming like a flare of sunlight upon water. “You really think so? I admit… it’d be quite the sight.” He winked, legs easing to a crouch. “Perhaps it’s something we like to test now━”

“A lofty goal.” Behind her, another presence hovered close. A soft chuckle bloomed from her chest as Fawnstep shook her head. “Best not to let your thoughts travel too far. That is, if you’re still trying to lure that towards you. Just wait for a bit… the current will push it here.”

And on the surface of the rushing river, a little plant bobbed. A feathered mass of verdant hues lost in ripples of aquamarine and navies, uprooted from its native home. Patches of yellow and wrinkled streaks of muddied hues freckled the sodden leaves, a testament to its journey. To the babble of the river, it floated downstream… right into the waiting clutches of the fallen tree’s crossing. (+1 burdock root)

“Well, I thought it needed some encouragement.” With a toss of his head, he unhooked the plant from the tangle of branches and twigs. “And… I was just making sure it didn’t get past us!”
    xx

✦ hunger (+0% hunger for each patroller; two free posts left!)
        xx↳ snowstar (0% hunger), falconstrike (0% hunger),
        xx.xfawnstep (0% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +20XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, 1XP for herb
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ + no prey </3
        xx.x+1 burdock root

✦ levels
        xx↳ +31XP → level 0 (31/100XP)

xxxx✦ notes; hi, welcome to explore! your coding is,, genuinely so pleasant and aesthetic, ahh! as for your writing,
      xxxxthat works perfectly! honestly, as long as you leave it open at the end for the responding writer to do their spiel
      xxxx(exactly like you did!), you’re all set! ^^

xxxxtwo tiny things (v easily missed, so don’t stress! <3);
        • make sure to sneak a word count into your next explore post(s); it really help us out!
        • fawnstep’s link may be a little mixed up; currently links to snowstar’s page
      xxxxmy pms are always open if you have any questions; feel free to reach out if there's anything i can help you with! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── ✧✧ 010 !! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:44 pm

( 1 fp ) - bugsxxxxxxx
quantity • • x1
( 1 fp ) - tarts xxxxxx
quantity • • x0
( 2 fp ) - pastryxxxxx
quantity • • x1
( 2 fp ) - "boo"berryx
quantity • • x0
( 3 fp ) - gooseberry
quantity • • x2
( 3 fp ) - turnipxxxx
quantity • • x2
( 4 fp ) - cornxxxxx
quantity • • x1
( 4 fp ) - coconutxx
quantity • • x0
( 5 fp ) - c. eggxxx
quantity • • x0
( 5 fp ) - pumpkin
quantity • • x0

──────

( type of herb )
goatweedxxxx
quantity • • • x6
( type of herb )
honeyxxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
oak leavesxxxx
quantity • • • x3
( type of herb )
nightshadexxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
sorrelxxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
stickxxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
herb of choice
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
lavenderxxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
horsetailxxx
quantity • • • x1

last explore post ✧ writer reply
────────────────────
custom explore link + archive <3
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧✧ level 4 -- (325/500)

lucah| he / himx| hp 100% | hup 20% | n. sick
lumix| she / her | hp 100% | hup 20% | n. sick
sorin | he / himx| hp 100% | hup 20% | n. sick
name| she / her | hp 100% | hup 00% | n. sick
┌─────┐
death opt !
xyes/no

└─────┘
    xxxx
      tldr: the patrol rests for the night after the first session of their journey! <3 eostre watches her crew before sinking into one of her own memories about a past lover, who supposedly passed during an encounter with the toska. she doesn't notice in the beginning but... evil vines pull her into the mountain and she is now stuck :c her crew is lost on what to do, but decide the best thing to do is to move onwards with the journey! word count: #1019

pov: eostre
      the elysian canvas of gauzy seafoam were sent by the angels, dainty kisses whisked by zephrys and hidden gales. but the aroma of sweet smoke was a curse sent by the devils and his demons. another group? the hush was a spell of enchantment wavering in the breath of a sweet smoke, looming like a silver, crescent moon. lingering? ever-so closely.

“eostre?” the faintest and most delicate of whispers carved intricate markings across the hush, eyes fathomed of dewy sequoias wandered to hers. serene.

“come… all of you.” a wilting smile bloomed across her features, as luminescent as a lilting song sung by a pearly swan. her footsteps were dainty across the ashen contours of the peak, almost uncertain… unsure. “we have a journey to complete. i don’t believe we have time of a group of strangers.”

a fermata adorned reality for just a moment, before fading. dwindling. “we’ll rest for the night, and reconvene in the morning.”

a sigh unfurled from a little ways from lucah’s lips - a dancing lily upon waters of seafoam and gold. relieved. the delicate villager never seemed to waver from his skittish nature. he was a bluebird, fragile and wavering in the obsidian darkness. and in the embrace of his beryl curls, was a shivering soul - a soul fathomed of daffodil curls. already best friends.
    ┌─────────────────────┐

✧ ✧ items in inventory used!!
    x( pastry ) used for eostre !!
    x• ( item ) used for [insert cat]
    x• ( item ) used for [insert cat]

✧ ✧ active quests !!x
    x• quest 1 - ( link )
    x• quest 2 - ( link )
    x• quest 3 - ( link )

└─────────────────────┘
      and a little ways away, lumi danced - lost in a tango with a lark whose melodious ballad was unlike one’s imagination. but, there was something different about the wandering nuance of her gaze. something different about the way those dewy sequoia eyes darted about, pausing upon beryl curls. his curls.
      a precious moment of time - piroutting ever-so beautifully to the whirl of romance and mystery.

for once upon a time, she had once been a fairytale princess with an angel prince, descending into a paradise of fever dreams and fantasies.

his name had been juliano… and he was her elven prince. her knight. he was gone, now. along with those fever dreams cast by the spell of her own heart. he was gone.
      if only, he had stayed.
      “stay, juliano.”
      “you know i can’t.”
      please.”
      “darling, i have to go. the toska-”

the blossoming sting of her paw against his features was a intangible phantom, haunting her in her nightmares. she couldn't forget. she couldn't forget the veiled hurt in those luminescent eyes. the unfathomable devastation hidden beneath a fragile layer of vacant stares. the silence had been a beast, devouring the splintered fragments of her heart. a heart she should’ve hidden.

“goodbye, eostre.” and he was gone… forever.

a letter descended into her embrace and left… crumpled.

eostre… princess of the village,
    we regret to inform you that juliano, son of the honourable elidyr, has passed during an encounter with the toska. we give our true condolences for your loss and we can tell you with full certainty that he served the land of faerie well.

he sacrificed himself for a fairy caught in the crossfire, alora. she’s alive and is beyond grateful for the sacrifice, young juliano made for her. his death will go one remembered through the generations.

he was gone… gone to the still beat of her heart, wilting to the cries of weeping angels. angels that wept but whose tears dwindled to the falling of rain.

for no longer did they weep alone. and neither did she.
    for vines of salem and sacramento writhed at her toes, lamenting for the faded moon eclipsed with plumes of silk and satin. they reached out, coiling like serpent- charming and deceptive. they lured her close, shrouding her with a gauzy haze that dimmed the ache of her own heart. in another world, they would’ve been the sirens of sea, luring sailors close with their lullabies.

but however sweet their lullabies were… their intentions - their lies were always cruel. for the vines of salem and sacramento were at her heels, enthralling her into their fangs fathomed of shards of emerald.

she was numb.

“eostre!” she could hear them now. hear their lyrical cresendos adorning the endless caverns bellowing in the ghostly zephrys. hear their delicate footsteps against the ashen cobble as they wandered.

and now, she saw stars. ballerinas bejewelled with milky way galaxies and constellations freckled with obsidian shadows. she saw twirling planets, alluring with the twinkle of starry halos.

then… nothing. utterly nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pov: lucah

oh-no.
    oh-no.
    this was bad… very bad.

“eostre? EOSTRE?”

“shhh, sorin.” the delicate villager shuddered a little, beryl curls kissed by the wind as he tottered forwards. “i-if you make too much noise... y-you’ll make them come back.”

“they took her… they took her. ” breathless a little ways away, those dewy, sequoia eyes fluttered to the heap of wilted vines, seemingly bruised and broken, before wandering to his. “where is she?”

“d-down there, i think.” glancing nervously to the coil of indigo darkness behind a gate of vines, his fragile, ivory claws tangled themselves into daylight curls. the curls of goldilocks goo for short. his new best friend. “i-i don’t think we should go down there…. it seems dangerous.”

a hushed grunt echoed from his arms - his friend seemed to agree?
    "thank you, goo." his murmur was a harmony of hushed ballads against the crown of the little critter's head. a song that seemed to illuminate a starlit lantern in those onyx-studded eyes. "you are truly the best."

and then quieter... it came. a gentle whirlwind of the sweetest of lilies against his lips. "i l-like... no, love you."

“i say we should go down there.” an awkward chuckle blossomed from nearby as sorin wandered about, seemingly… lost. “we can’t exactly leave the princess of the village with a bunch of savage vines… can we?”

“eostre would want us to continue on with the journey.” enchanted with an aura of hope, her touch was gentle against his - a soft nudge against his beryl curls as a fragile smile wavered upon her features. “she’s tough. i’m sure she’ll find a way back to us… okay?”

“okay.”and the journey… it went on.

note: hi <3 as a side note, i changed my prey + predator list and edited the post: here <3
Last edited by faelyn on Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunar-lynx » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:05 am

"...at times, the greatest courage of all is to live."
- The Sight, David-Clement Davies -

cats on patrol
Snowstar
Falconstrike
he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Fawnstep

level: 0
experience: 31/100
items in inventory used
none
active quests
---
opted into death?
no

inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

burdock root | x1
herb | x0
herb | x0
    Last Explore Post | Last Response Received | Territory | Word Count: 374

Fawnstep purred in amusement, "I'm sure Willowbreeze will appreciate that. Not leaving us for the medicine cat den, are you?" she teased, a twinkle in her eye.

Falconstrike rolled his eyes at his sister, "You wish. That's the only way you'd be the best warrior in the clan, after all!"
                He picked the herb up in his teeth and hopped off the fallen tree, Snowstar and Fawnstep following just behind. Snowstar trotted forward to resume the lead and they headed south along the shore, resuming their patrol.

As they came to the lake and the sandy beach that bordered it, they paused for a moment, feet inches from the surface. Falconstrike set the herb down beside him to take in the full effect of the view. It never got old, not for any cat of Cedar. The water stretched on as far as they could see and the sun reflected off the water with a marvelous shimmer. A glint of mischief sparked in Fawnstep's eye from the rear of the patrol. The others were completely unsuspecting as they gazed out along the horizon. What if she just...

There was a splash as she lunged forward at her brother and leader, knocking them both into the shallows. She erupted with laughter at the shock on their faces as they flailed to regain their footing. "What was that again? Nothing gets past you, right, Falcon?" Her whiskers twitched in delight.

Snowstar soon joined in on her laughter as she looked over at Falconstrike. He had gotten the worst of it, falling on his side as he landed in the water. He was soaked through and looked more fish than cat. "Look, an easy catch!" Falconstrike lashed his tail and stuck his tongue out at them both, though his own eyes showed merriment. This was certainly a day of good spirits, for Falconstrike was not the most fond of swimming like many others in CedarClan were. Good mood or not, it was certain he'd be getting back at Fawnstep for that before long.

He pulled himself out of the water and shook out his fur. Droplets sprayed through the air, much of it hitting Fawnstep of course.
                Snowstar stayed standing in the shallows for a moment more.
ImagexxxxxImagexxxxImagexxxxImage
Cats, Video Games, and Game of Thrones obsessed. xxxxx >>> xxxxx deviantart . tumblr . characters . cedarclan (stars)
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 007. [september explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:39 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxEPOCH OF THE MOON!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (085/100XP)
new level stats ➔ level 1 (020/200) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    pov: fennel - a little earlier
    fennel could picture her now. she was an angel in person, the lyrical melody in the hush of the indigo darkness.
    it was so… desolate here.
    from a paradise built upon wonders and magnificent architecture, it was nowhere near close to lovely. gnarled palisades distorted the elysium of disaster as the shadows writhed, twitching in the indigo darkness.

but she would’ve found something beautiful about this elysium.
    she would’ve embraced the shadows, kissed them goodnight and lulled them to a place of dreams. she would’ve caressed the ash and cinders from their place, and sent them to frolic with the ravens.

it was like she was here now. her laughter still radiant and full beneath the tapestry of the evenfall, brimming like the blossoming glint of moonlight.
    it was like she was here now. daffodil and rust curls billowing, tangled with flora and fauna as she wandered through cities of gold.
    (+1 honey, +1 goldenrod, +1 alder bark, +1 tormentil, +1fp [bugs] )

but she wasn’t.
    the shadows distorted once more… unveiling a wanderer adorned with a crown of dust and ash.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pov: murkstar - now

the world seemed a little darker now. a little more starless.
    “hello?” he had been right. there was someone here. “is anyone-”

“hey, fella!” a delicate drawl in the hush, star-flecked eyes bloomed before him. “sorry to startle ya!” gentle clapping him against his shoulder, the stranger grinned… but something about it was strange. strained. “i know it’s probably not ideal at the moment - but i was thinking if you could help me with finding a friend of mine… her name is furzetuft, and i’ve been missing her lately.”
    (fennel needs murkstar’s help! they are looking for a friend of his and will give murkstar something special in return! )

they winked a little. “i also have a couple gifts for you to apolgize for the trouble… wanna take a peak?”
    (fennel gave murkstar all the herbs + the bug they found! )

**you levelled up! <3 +1fp [of your choice] and +50sd!!
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 20 expxxfood exp ✧ 01 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 exp-xxherb exp ✧ 04 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no-xxtotal exp ✧ 35 exp--

fp earned ✧ +1fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [no items earned]
• [no items earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +4
• +1 tormentil ──
• +1 alder bark ──
• +1 honey ────
• +1 goldenrod ──
user ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ♠️eidolon♠️
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

Last edited by faelyn on Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 008. [september explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:57 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxCEDARCLAN!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 0 (031/100XP)
new level stats ➔ level 0 (070/100) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 0% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    crystalline with the faintest glisten of ribbons sent by the morning star, the angels of the deep beckoned to her, an aura of magic and mystery dappling their braids with sapphires and topaz. such angels were veiled with silks and wisps of azure - and bestowed a crown, enthroning them queens of the lagoons and beyond.

they were breathtaking, ever-so delicately lulling her into their melodic embrace.

“oh, fawnstep!!” laced with a mocking edge, sienna tresses froliced before her - blessed with the kiss of the lagoon as he wandered close, pearly claws glistening. “it seems like i’ve summoned a couple fish! all thanks to you, sis… eh?”
    (+3fp [minnow], +1fp [small fish], 4exp)

giving a playful roll of her eyes, a soft scoff blossomed across her lips - teasing. “ha! you sure you are not one yourself?” she gave a dramatic pause, touch gentle against his drenched curls. “i could’ve sworn i saw a fin when you were in the water… right, snowstaaa-”

snowstar?

no.. no… no. she was gone.
    devoured by the fangs of the angels… feasting as they hauled her beneath their silks and wisps of azure. beneath the water’s surface. “snowstar!?” peering down into the azure ripples that blossomed where her leader had once wandered, her eyes were wide. terrifed.

had something pulled her under?
    a ghostly bride emerged from the unfathomble depths of the deep, eyes vacant… painted shades of obsidian and ink. she was dea-

“calm down, all of you!” enthralled with an eternity of endless mornings, those obsidian eyes seemed to blossomed before her. snowstar? “it’s me! i just saw a couple herbs trapped beneath a rock or two!” a pause. “we need to help willowbreeze the best we can.. don’t you agree?.”
    (+1 burnet, +1 poppy seeds, +1 feverfew, +3exp)

it was only then when a howl of radiant laughter arose from his lips.
    “you should’ve seen fawnstep’s face!” down upon the earth adorned with flora and fauna, he cackled as if the shadows had possessed him. “she was mortified! it was like she saw a ghost!”

“yeah, yeah.. yeah,” shoulders lifting in a little shrug, the hidden gales seemed to dazzle the lagoon once more - restoring it to the paradise it once had been. “you know what, falconstrike? i bet you were just as petrified.”
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 25 expxxfood exp ✧ 01 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 exp-xxherb exp ✧ 03 exp---
event exp ✧ 00 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp ✧ yes/no-xxtotal exp ✧ 39 exp--

fp earned ✧ +1fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [no items earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• +1 burnet ────