Re: Readoption: Batch #89

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:02 am

username; Knickknacks
name; Minthe
gender; female
gender for breeding purposes: female
Extra- /500 words wrote:wip- personality+character info

My happiest moment? Oh, that’s an easy one: the first day someone stopped to talk to me.

Life can get pretty lonely when you’re the only dryad in the area. These lands are funny like that, choosing to bestow magic upon certain places and certain viscets, and leaving others completely ‘ordinary’ and magic-less. In my case? My home tree is the only magic-infused one around, as far as I know, so I don’t have any neighbors. No other dryads in the neighboring trees, no naiads in the nearby stream... even passing air spirits rarely stop to talk. Not that those airheads are much for decent conversation anyways. I suppose there might be others out there somewhere, in a forest this big… but I can only travel so far from my tree, you know? Since my life source is connected to it and all that.

I mean, it’s not like I’m invisible or anything. I’ve seen plenty of hunters and travelers pass through here over the years- there’s a road not too far from my grove. I’ve revealed myself to a fair number of them, but most of the time they seem scared or nervous or just weirded out by my presence. Which is totally unnecessary- like, I’m not going to curse you for stopping to eat lunch near my trees. And it’s not as though it’s that weird to see a dryad, right? I mean, we live in a universe with magic, right? There are going to be nature spirits here and there. Specifically ones like me with neighboring bushes that are entirely uninterested in conversation.
So yeah. My existence is frankly pretty boring. No neighbors to talk to, and few passers-by who’ll stop by long enough for me to introduce myself. I try to stay pretty positive, but… That’s why the memory of the first one who was willing to stick around is so special to me.

--

The day started out pretty ordinarily. And by that, I mean it started off with me being mind-numbingly bored. I was hanging out in my grove- which, by the way, is a really pretty place. Like, if I had to pick a spot for me to live in solitude, I’d probably pick that grove anyway. So yeah, I was hanging out there, looking at the sky and wondering if there could possibly be any obnoxious cloud spirits passing overhead- ooh, that one storm cloud certainly had a smug look to it. Yeah, that was probably a cloud spirit on his way to ruin someone’s day. I allowed myself a small giggle at the thought of a maniacally laughing cloud, and had just finished my fit of laughter when I heard something that I’d pretty much never heard in my clearing before- a voice besides my own.

“Uh- hello?”

I whirled around. There was an actual viscet in my clearing. She was tall and brown-spotted, eyeing me with a politely curious expression. Scrambling to my feet, I hurried up to her, a probably too-large grin on my face that I couldn’t seem to squash.

“Hi! My name’s Minthe! What’s yours?”

I didn’t have much experience with conversation, you know, but if my enthusiasm was a little weird this viscet was pretty polite about it. She smiled back, a bit hesitantly, before replying.

“Persephone. My name is Persephone.”

--

Persephone was pretty cool- she initially just wanted to ask for directions to the nearest town, which I told her I wouldn’t know about, being bound to the forest and all. But when she asked why and I explained that I was a dryad, she seemed really interested. And when I mentioned how my existence was kind of sort of really boring, she seemed actually sympathetic. We ended up having a good long talk- I learned that she was by herself now, too, looking for a place to settle down. I volunteered my own grove as a sort-of joke, and though she laughed and said that no, she didn’t think that would work, she did say that she’d let the next town she came to know about me, and how not-prone to cursing I was. Maybe then, she said, I’d get a few more visitors. And she gave me a gift- a shiny thing made of stuff she called ‘gold.’ Something to remember her by, she said. I hung it over one of my tree’s branches after she left. I have gotten a few more visitors since then, but I’ll always remember the first.
--
750/750 words

Maybe not my best piece of writing work, but I did have fun writing from this goof's stream-of-consciousness sort of view. Poor company-deprived gal. :>
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samsherwoodc » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Good luck y’all

Whoever wins if I find any art of them I will send it over. ((I left for two years and gave up away of my old viscets. I am back so yeah I want to win but if I don’t oh well.))
link | link | Toyhouse(credit of art) | cred.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Don't Cry!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
★▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪★
I am a transgender male.
I love BNHA,
Pokemon SWSH,
my Species,
and story of
spirit crest demons!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
L A M B
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Samsherwoodc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samsherwoodc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Friendly bump.
link | link | Toyhouse(credit of art) | cred.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Don't Cry!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
I am a transgender male.
I love BNHA,
Pokemon SWSH,
my Species,
and story of
spirit crest demons!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
L A M B
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Samsherwoodc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:47 pm

This was a pretty close competition, honestly I went back and forth on this one for a while (and got a few opinions on this comp) before finally making this decision. I really loved all the forms you guys did, they were all really great but two forms specifically stuck out to me. Both were really neck and neck for me based on effort and concept, so it really was hard to figure out the winner. In the end I decided to give a sort of "RU" prize in the form of a T1 MYO along with announcing the winner.

So I'd like to give the "RU" of a T1 MYO to juice box. for their really stellar form.

And the win to Knickknacks for the also really stellar form!

Both of you did a wonderful job and really made it hard on me to make this decision. Huge congrats to you both!
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 am

Aah, thank you so much Mint! ;w; I’m thrilled to call this gal my own. She’ll be well-loved~

And congrats to you, too, Juice! I really loved your form, that RU is well deserved <3
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes