2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Results!!)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Results!!)

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:27 am

ImageImage
Official Thread For The 2017 Viscet Winter Gifting Event

Secret Santa's don't usually work out in the end, so I thought up this type of system to take its place. It went over quite well last year, and I have gotten permission to hold it again this year!

How this is going to work

If you're interested in joining, see the second post on this thread. Those who choose to participate will be listed and when the event starts can look through the other participants and see what they want and the characters they want art/writing of. A link to their picture and a short bio will be provided to give inspiration for the art/writing. Find a character from another user and create an art piece or writing for the character, and each piece will be scaled in the following way;
Point Guidelines wrote:
1 point: Sketch - Colored sketch - 100 word story/short

3 points: Clean line headshot with color - 500 word story/short - pixel headshot

4 points: half body with color (half body is typically cut below the chest/at the stomach, showing all/most of the arms!)

5 points: Clean fullbody with color (+2 point add on for detailed shading) - Pixel fullbody/scene - 700 word story/short

7 points: Half body with detailed BG + detailed shading

10 points: Full scene + detailed character (not sketchy. usually thin lines or lineless, detailed BG with shading) OR Group picture (more than one character, clean lines+colored) - 1,200+ word story/short

New for 2017!

Art can be animated as well! They do not count as an individual score, but rather act as an add-on. An example would be clean headshot + color (3 points) + eye blink animation (+1 points) = 4 points.
+1 points for simple animation (3-10 simple frames. blink, ear flick, head bob, exc. Includes background objects.)

+3 points complex animation (12+ separate frames. tail waving, walking, exc. Includes background objects.)

All art/writing should PMd to me (SilverSamurai) with the title being "Winter of Giving Art for ___" so I can record the points and deem it worthy of the points. ex. if you do a super sketchy fullbody and call it 'clean lines' for 5 points, I will only award you 1 point for the sketch. This is to be fair with the point system so it can not be abused. The art can also be sent to the user you drew it for at this time as well! Please send the same message to both me (SilverSamurai) containing the art to be awarded the points and the user you drew it for. This is only to make sure the art is being received as a gift. Please use the proper form provided in the second post when the PM containing the art.

That number will be added and totaled next to your username on the list (which will be on the third post of this thread). The user you made the art for will also have that number of points subtracted from their gifted total (this is not the same as their point total.)
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Points Awarded wrote:These are the points awarded for each piece of art/writing you make for another user.

Gifted Total wrote:This is a set number given to each user at the beginning of the event. It is simply the number of gifts a user can receive in the event. As all the numbers reach close to 0 during the event, the round will refresh and all numbers will be set back to the initial starting number (25).

An example of this would be:
I made a sketch for Grifforik and it is worth one point. One point will be rewarded to me, and one point will be subtracted from Grifforik's gifted total. So this exchange would look like this:
SilverSamurai: Points:(+1) 1 total Gifted Total Remaining: 25
Grifforik: Points: 0 total Gifted Total Remaining: (-1 from SilverSamurai) 24

However, you do not have to gift the person back. While it would be nice if you did, you are not required to. But say Grifforik decided to gift me back a lined fullbody and is awarded 5 points. The new totals would look like this:
SilverSamurai: Points: 1 total Gifted Total Remaining: (-5 from Grifforik) 20
Grifforik: Points: (+5) 5 total Gifted Total Remaining: 24

But don't worry about that, I will be keeping track of all the points! While you should have a rough idea of how many points you accumulate, you can always check your totals in the third post on this thread, as it will be updated fairly often.

The gifted total per user is to prevent one user from being spammed with art because of an easy character/design and encourage users to gift a variety of people instead of just a certain user. You can also see which users have been gifted more or less by their Gifting Total Remaining, which we should try to keep around the same numbers for everyone. So if you see someone with a higher number remaining, they haven't been gifted a lot, maybe give them something to lower the number! Want to gift a user but they already have a pretty low number? They have been gifted a lot already, maybe choose someone who hasn't been as lucky?

Also, you can not reserve points for a certain user by 'claiming' them. "I am going to do a full body for Grifforik, so reserve those 5 points for me!" is not allowed. If Grifforik's Gifted total hits 0 before you send me the art/writing and get rewarded the points, they will not be counted. This also applies if it brings the total below 0, but this is a special case. If the gifting total remaining is 3, and you are rewarded with 5 points, then the total will be brought to 0 but you will only be recorded with the 3 remaining points.

There will be a starting round, then additional rounds to follow if all goes well.

The first round will have each user set to 10 Gifted Points. Once each participating users' numbers hit 0, a new round will be started and everyone will be given 25 Gifted Points. The first round is to make sure users who entered are actively participating and are not just in it for the gifts. Don't worry! The first round will work a bit differently. Each user can only gift an individual user once to ensure that everyone who enters has a fair chance to get art done before all the first slots fill up. If a user has not gained any points in the first round, they will be taken out of the event and will not be allowed to continue to receive art. If you are entered and are found to only be in it to receive free art, you will be taken out of the next round and banned from the rest of the event, as well as next years event. Seriously, this is a fun event that's celebrating community and the gift of giving. Don't be rude and selfish? If you do not think you will be able to participate in the event, don't sign up.

What's the point of gaining points? Why should I do this?

This is a way to give back to the community in a time of giving and joy. You can join for the sake of wanting to give to those around you in the community, however there will be prizes for first, second and third places. The users with the 3 most points at the end of the event will receive the listed prizes (see 3rd post).

Questions!

Does the art have to be my own? Or can I order art from a shop/DeviantArt?

You can order art! Just make sure the original artist is stated when sending the gift both to myself and to the user it is for. Same goes with writing if you choose to go this route.

Can I gift a viscet to a user for points?

No, please do not do this.

What if I don't get the art done in time and their points hit 0 before I can get it to them?

That's ok! There will likely be more than one round. But if there isn't it should still be given to them. It's a gift and a friendly gesture, isn't it? Points don't matter as much as the overall experience of this event, right?

Do I have to gift digital art? Can I make traditional art?

You are not limited to digital art! However, if you choose to make a traditional piece, make sure it's a high quality picture/scan. Also, if you choose to do traditional, please add shading to all your pieces. Only because sketches/drawing traditionally can be done fairly easily and might be taken advantage of.

I want to do the writing option! Does it have to be specifically about anything? Or can I just write?

If you are choosing the writing option, then it should meet the minimum word requirement for the points you are wanting to obtain from it for one. But if you are writing as a gift, it should be a short story/drabble about the character you choose. If you are doing this, you may want to go through all of the character's information to make sure that you are portraying the character as best as you can, as well as get familiar with the setting. Keep all writing PG and on topic.

The dates will be as follows:

November 15th - November 26th: Initial sign-ups. Please do not edit your form after the 27th, though if you'd like to add/change your form between the 30th and the 7th, you may do so. I will post a warning and an official closing post as the time comes.
November 27th - January 5th: This is the time that you have to make/order art and rack up those points for yourself. This is a full month, and should be enough time to get a decent amount of points. The first round will officially start on the 8th, and I will make a post explaining it. After the first round is complete (however long it takes), the next round will start and so on, up to January 5th. January 5th is the last day to send art for points.
January 6th - 8th: A cool-down period and the end of the event. The winners will be announced and remaining art pieces should be delivered if they have not already (but will not be counted for points.)
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:02 am, edited 23 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sigh-ups and Forms

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:28 am

Sign-up requirements:

If you're interested in signing up for this event, must follow the rules as follows;

Rules wrote:
1. Accumulate at least 5 points.
This can be a fullbody, 5 sketches, or a mix of any possible form for gaining points. If you're signing up for the event, you're going to be giving art/writing as well as receiving art/writing.
2. Try to gift a variety of users.
More points to earn, right? Using up all of a user's Gifted Points because they have an easy design/design that you like isn't really fair to others, so please try to only gift the same user once or twice.
3. Be honest and be fair
This is meant to be a fun community event. Please don't lie or steal (as per usual), and try your best!
4. Art should be original
If you're creating art yourself, make everything original. Gifts should not be colored-in linearts, made by you or someone else. If you color in a lineart and distribute the same lines to multiple people, the second and so on entries will not be counted for points. Yes, they can be gifts, but will not be counted for points in this event.
5. Fill in the form properly
The viscet's your listing on your form should be your own! No tryouts will be allowed.

Now that you know what's up, still want to participate? You may submit up to 5 viscets you would like art of. You can also link their bio page as well as give a personality tidbit and what everyone should know if they decide to draw/write your character. You may not change the entered viscets after the initial sign-up week, however you may adjust information if you feel the need to (i.e. they have a new mate, they changed a personality trait, exc.)

Also, if you want to, you may make a 'wishlist' of sorts. "I would really love an avatar of Albi!" or "pixels are great for my signature", or "Hitori and Delilah are mates, a couple picture would be cute!" is all right, but users by no means are required to give you what you specifically asked for. While this gives them an idea of what you'd like, it is ultimately their decision what they decide to gift.

Do get your viscet's image URL, simply go its initial adoption page and right click the image showing your viscet's reference. Click "copy image URL" or "copy image location" and paste it where the (Viscet Image URL is). Also, look in the image URL where it says "size=large". Please change this to "size=medium"! It looks confusing but it's pretty simple, I promise! Fill in the form to the best of your ability, and delete whatever doesn't apply to you (if you're only entering 3 of your viscets, delete the last 2 entries from your form, exc.)

Below is the form each user should use to enter!

Code: Select all
[center][u]I'm participating in the Viscet 2017 Winter of Giving Event![/u][/center]

[center][size=120][b]Username;;[/b] [url=Link to your profile here]your username here[/url][/size][/center]

[quote][right][url=LINK TO ORIGINAL ADOPT PAGE][img]official viscet reference sheet here[/img][/url][/right][b]Viscet 1;; viscet name // gender[/b]
[b]Hobby/interests;;[/b]
[b]What you should know about them;;[/b]
[b]Additional links;;[/b] optional, but extremely useful. Link to character bio page/story/toyhouse can go here
[b]Mutations;;[/b] list any mutations viscet has here[/quote]

[quote][right][url=LINK TO ORIGINAL ADOPT PAGE][img]official viscet reference sheet here[/img][/url][/right][b]Viscet 2;; viscet name // gender[/b]
[b]Hobby/interests;;[/b]
[b]Additional links;;[/b] optional, but extremely useful. Link to character bio page/story/toyhouse can go here

[quote][right][url=LINK TO ORIGINAL ADOPT PAGE][img]official viscet reference sheet here[/img][/url][/right][b]Viscet 3;; viscet name // gender[/b]
[b]Hobby/interests;;[/b]

[quote][right][url=LINK TO ORIGINAL ADOPT PAGE][img]official viscet reference sheet here[/img][/url][/right][b]Viscet 4;; viscet name // gender[/b]
[b]Hobby/interests;;[/b]

[quote][right][url=LINK TO ORIGINAL ADOPT PAGE][img]official viscet reference sheet here[/img][/url][/right][b]Viscet 5;; viscet name // gender[/b]
[b]Hobby/interests;;[/b]

[b][u]Wishlist;;[/u] Things you would like (but not guaranteed! you can not refuse an art medium.)[/b]

Please use the below form to send art to both me and to the user it is for!

Code: Select all
[center][b]Delivering some art from the Viscet Winter of Giving Event![/b][/center]

[b]To:[/b] [url=(link to their user page)](their username)[/url]
[b]From:[/b] [url=(link to your user page)](your username)[/url]
[b]Type of art:[/b] (sketch/headshot/fullbody/BG/writing) + (points it's worth (see chart on the first post))
[b]Gift Art:[/b] [url=(image url here)][img]image here[/img][/url] (is it made by you/commissioned)
[b]Comments:[/b] if you want to say anything to the user you're gifting, say it here
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prizes!

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 am

Prizes!

Prizes wrote:
1st place:
- 1000 c$
- T3 MYO + add-on roaming trait
- 1 commission of any type from SilverSamurai
- Headshot from BluKitty53
- full body with BG (max of 2 characters) and bouncing pixel/animated icon from Howlingtothestars
2nd place:
- 700 c$
- T2 MYO + add-on rare trait
- 1 Animated pixel/full body of any type from SilverSamurai
- Sketch from BluKitty53
- partial boy with BG and bouncing icon from Howlingtothestars
3rd place:
- 500 c$
- T1 MYO + add-on uncommon trait
- 1 Pixel from SilverSamurai
- animated icon from Howlingtothestars

4th place:
- 300 c$
- T0 MYO
- Colored sketch from SilverSamurai
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Participants and Scores

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 am

List of users participating:

Below is a list of each user that is participating in the event and their points and gifted total remaining.

Username;; SilverSamurai

Total Points Earned;; 25
Gifted Points Remaining;; 25

Username;; True Knight

Total Points Earned;; 39
Gifted Points Remaining;; 23

Username;; james.

Total Points Earned;; 43
Gifted Points Remaining;; 0

Username;; mareep

Total Points Earned;; 10
Gifted Points Remaining;; 20

Username;; humerussin

Total Points Earned;; 14
Gifted Points Remaining;; 11

Username;; Ash Wolf

Total Points Earned;; 11

Username;; Cyberdragon725

Total Points Earned;; 17
Gifted Points Remaining;; 30

Username;; kiffell

Total Points Earned;; 7

Username;; BluKitty53

Total Points Earned;; 63
Gifted Points Remaining;; 27

Username;; steampunkvale

Total Points Earned;;71
Gifted Points Remaining;; 26

Username;; WesleyHearts

Total Points Earned;; 27

Username;; Yugi

Total Points Earned;; 12

Username;; ABeardedDragon

Total Points Earned;; 16

Username;; milo.

Total Points Earned;; 7

Username;; vesinir

Total Points Earned;; 236
Gifted Points Remaining;; 23

Username;; juice box.

Total Points Earned;; 23

Username;; ~Teya~

Total Points Earned;; 25

Username;; Doctor Whooves Lover

Total Points Earned;; 39

Username;; howlingtothestars

Total Points Earned;; 10
Gifted Points Remaining;; 15

Username;; DogLife.

Total Points Earned;; 25

Username;; D-Send.

Total Points Earned;; 10
Gifted Points Remaining;; 15

Username;; G1 Sunstreaker

Total Points Earned;; 23

Username;; ArtGirl

Total Points Earned;; 240

Username;; PikachuTori25

Total Points Earned;; 25

Username;; booklover789

Total Points Earned;; 105

Username;; otis

Total Points Earned;; 23

Username;; Mint Chip

Total Points Earned;; 22
Gifted Points Remaining;; 0

Username;; tiny little box

Total Points Earned;; 36
Gifted Points Remaining;; 8

Username;; finifugal ✨

Total Points Earned;; 10
Gifted Points Remaining;; 8

Username;; skyler1515

Total Points Earned;; 20

Username;; WolfWinter

Total Points Earned;; 15
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:45 am, edited 62 times in total.
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:26 am

I'm participating in the Viscet 2017 Winter of Giving Event!

Username;; SilverSamurai

Viscet 1;; Luken // Male

Hobby/interests;; Science and research

What you should know about them;; Works in a Lab and studies mutations/DNA sequences. Very cold and unforgiving, selfish and unsympathetic. Manipulative and straightforward. Feared and hated by most, seen by few, known by all.

Additional links;; His theme song - Unfinished story

Mutations;; Smooth horns

Viscet 2;; Krosis // Female

Hobby/interests;; Wanderer, novels, rain and storms, the quietness and stillness of night. Princess-like and proud, kind and determined. Reserved and doesn't like to talk about herself or her feelings.

What you should know about them;; Daughter of the Old King and raised as a princess, she fell ill at a young age and died. Brought back to life by Aiakos, but with bones in place of her mane. Exiled by her father, she changed her name to Krosis and lives on the run, looking for answers for herself and the world around her.

Additional links;; theme song

Mutations;; Boneshell

Viscet 3;; Aiakos // Male

Hobby/interests;; spirits, skulls, magic. Straightforward and cocky.

What you should know about them;; He can manipulate magic and living beings life forces, either retying them or severing them. In his first experience with life energy, he pulled out his own life force by accident, and it swirls around him in the form of a yellow mist/wisp. While he isn't too reserved, he wears the mask/headdress and cape in attempt to hide his identity from others. He is a mystery to those around him, but is a caring guy if you manage to get close to him (he won't admit it though).

Additional links;; itemless reference - short story - theme song

Mutations;; none!

Viscet 4;; Hikaru - Female

Hobby/interests;; Stars, river banks, rain and thunderstorms, bells, time to herself.

What you should know about them;; Born into the Old Tribe that possesses the power of Sight (to briefly see into the future or past like a memory), she was 'the promised one' who did not possess Sight, but rather could detach herself from the physical world (leaving her body temporarily) to communicate with those who have Fallen (spirits that have not found a direction/safe place in death). She acts as a guide to those who need it, though she is the only remaining member of her tribe and is haunted by the fact that she could not do anything the night of the fire. Wears a white/silver silk scarf with bells that don't chime and a small lantern on her left antler to help Fallen find her (a light in the dark, so to speak).

Additional links;; Theme song - short(ish) story + items ref

Mutations;; Complex horns (antlers)

Viscet 5;; Rune // Female

Hobby/interests;; Bothering others, shadowing her mentor Abuto, sparklies, water, tearing up leaves.

What you should know about them;; 'The Viscetling gifted from the heavens', Rune was born under odd circumstances than no one really understands. She is very outgoing and blunt, and likes to play pranks on others that sometimes go too far. She is a troublemaker, getting into anything and everything she can, but is very easily distracted. She has magic that she has yet to understand. Upfront, cocky, snarky and sarcastic. But she knows her boundaries (most of the time) and respects them.

Additional links;; none!

Mutations;; dragon nose - minor mane - straight horns - feather tufts (cheek, arms and legs)

Wishlist;;
- Krosis and Aiakos can be drawn together!
- I love pixels and little scenes, as well as expressional art!
- I adore prompts of my characters and little stories of their lives
- anything is fine though, I just love art/writing of my characters in general <3
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2017 Winter of Giving // Viscet event (Sign-ups open!)

Postby Vixen Luo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 am

Username;; true knight

Viscet 1;; Yuri // Male
    Hobby/interests;; babies yuri loves to learn and can also talk ur ear off. he adores childcare and anything calm and relaxing, from dozing to making flower crowns in fields.
    What you should know about them;; Yuri has two parts of his life.
    The first is when he's alive, when he has his children and his mate, Flynn and his pack consisting of Raven, Flynn, himself, and his children (and their children / mates). This is a more smol part of his life.
    Then, there's his 'life' as an angel. When he dies, he's reborn alongside Raven as an angel in the heavenly realm of Eterna -- and he's heartbroken because he can't see his family. However, he is instated as the Protector of Lost Children, Sandalphon -- but he prefers to stick to his mortal-born name. He watches after the souls of babies and children who died either before they were born or before they became autonomous and matured, taking on his fatherly role even in death. He loves and respects his position, but he greatly longs to see Flynn and his children again. [also, Yuri died before Felix grew into an adult, just for accuracy; he only ever saw Felix as a baby and adolescent c:]
    Additional links;; link to his in-progress story for a grasp on his personality and just toyhou.se
    Mutations;; Bunny Ears (tall), Minor Mane, and Drapes (elbow/ankle/cheek).

Viscet 2;; Felix // Male

Hobby/interests;; swimming, being smol, and playing. he's a very simple little guy and he doesn't hide it. he's generally just very nosey and curious c:

What you should know about them;; Felix is a very silly little guy and I honestly just want art of him as a child; if I hadn't made his design so difficult for me to put onto oekaki he would have been a PPS TBH;;
    he's not the best at swimming but he Tries His Best and honestly he's so happy about everything he's like that kid who got excited   about getting a banana for his birthday ;;
    super loving and super cute, generally, but 100% would not survive in the world on his own

Additional links;; toyhou.se

Mutations;; Minor Mane, Unicorn Horn, Feathered Paws, Mermaid Tail

Viscet 3;; Andréas // Male
    Hobby/interests;; sleep, money, cooking (!!!!), working in business deals, and overall social interaction.
    What you should know about them;; not much is figured out about him yet, but he's a bit of an odd mix personality wise.
    Andréas is a silver-tongued guy, much like his uncle Alvin (who he admires immensely), but he adopted much of Miko's softhearted nature and eager ability to please. He also sort of gets this from how much his mother babied him when he was a viscling, but on the same card, he's definitely not a pushover; it takes a lot for him to bend over backwards for someone who isn't family. He's very firm on his morality and ways of finding a mate, therefore he doesn't flirt very much and he's not very vain; he's just very open and receptive as he is and acts more humble than he ought to. most of his smooth talk is used in a business-negotiation sense to help momma tbh;; (as a kid he used this to get things he wanted LOL)

Mutations;; Snow Leopard Tail and Minor Mane.

Viscet 4;; Sombra // Female
    Hobby/interests;; Money, success, and her son. Simple necessities in life, as she likes to think.
    What you should know about them;; Sombra is the mastermind behind the shifty little business she runs with her sister, Isidora, that deals in the redistribution of stolen goods and exports (with a little bit of petty theft on the side c;). While her son has taken on a more legal and less sticky business alongside her brother-in-law, Alvin, she continues to run hers; as long as money is coming in, really, she doesn't care what she or anyone else does. She's very self-centered and cares little about hurting feelings, but she is very centered around her family just the same (even if she can be quite selfish with them, too). She's also quite manipulative, most specifically with Miko, the adoptive father of her son -- though she would never fall for the likes of him, she certainly makes use of his pitiful need to impress her. As a side note, her son something she never thought she would love more than anticipated, and she has spoiled him since the day he's hatched -- if someone so much as chips his claw, she has her connections to chip much worse. c:

Additional links;; characterization example, toyhou.se

Mutations;; Snow Leopard Tail, Petal Tufts, Minor Mane

Viscet 5;; Velvet // Female

Hobby/interests;; pirate things not sure if these really are 'hobbies' but she's a bit of a clean freak and a surprisingly good cook. she prefers to plan out her actions and movements with the crew in order to be more prepared in case the situation get stiff as well.

What you should know about them;; she's kind of cross and cold, like a bitter old war general in the form of a mermaid. she's been alive a long time, sailing the seas on her ghost ship with her crew who are blessed (or cursed) with immortality just the same. she's crisp and merciless in battle and definitely a force to be reckoned with -- but she's also a good-humored sailor who can have a good laugh with her crew. she doesn't like being out in the open with her plans and tactics, though, instead sticking to her close confidant and close partner Eizen (who she also has a possible...interest...in.) I would love if her items could be included in anything. ^^

Mutations;; Major Mane Mutation, Mermaid Tail

Wishlist;; honestly i would love and appreciate anything at all. <3 yuri and baby felix gives me life and sombra and baby andréas would be fantastic as well! pixels or just any expressive stuff at all are wonderful and i adore writing that circulates around interaction or general inward thought. also...sorry if this is too specific but yuri when he's an angel;;;; blease;;
Last edited by Vixen Luo on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    please stop asking me to give you my viscets. thank you!
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am

this is a bit of a wip <3 I'll add more info about my boys later ;u;

Username;; james.

Viscet 1;; Tyramet // male

Hobby/interests;; vulture culture, exploration

What you should know about them;; Tyramet is the king of my viscets Underworld. He's not evil as most would think, but rather neutral. The meaning of his existence is to bring balance to the world, not evil.

Additional links;; item ref - toyhouse link soon

Mutations;; ram horns, tail tufts

Viscet 2;; Baphomet // male
Hobby/interests;; reading, studying, exploration

What you should know about them;; He's the son of the Hell-king, but doesn't use that to determine who he really is. He tries his best to be his own viscet and not fall back on his fathers achievements. Baphomet is fiercely intelligent and sometimes, it's quite the burden. He's mastered the method of Ioci, and if interrupted while using this technique, he's been known to lash out in a rather violent manner. As his own little family has grown, he's done very well to keep his temper in check although sometimes it still threatens to bubble over.

Additional links;; toyhouse link here soon

Mutations;; feathered wings, ram horns

Viscet 3;; Loki // male

Hobby/interests;; Very much unlike his mother, Loki is incredibly in tune with the magics surrounding him. He can see the very existence of magic itself and manipulates it to suit his needs. He's a prankster, but his pranks are far from innocent. Loki is a cruel viscet who finds pleasure in the misery of others.

What you should know about them;; The only other viscet he likes at this point in time is his father, Cain. He looks up to his father and treats him only with the utmost respect. Loki is also never seen without his magpie companion, Ikol. The bird is infused with all of the good that was once inside of Loki. How such a thing happened is a mystery, however.

Additional links;; Ikol's ref, toyhouse link to come!

Mutations;; ibex horns, minor mane mutation, lion mane, triple ringed eyes

Viscet 4;; Bucky // male

Hobby/interests;; sketching (even though he's not very good at it), star gazing, sleeping when he can/is allowed
What you should know about them;; Bucky suffers from a severe case of PTSD and memory loss and is working through it slowly but surely. Ex-assassin. He's been brain washed one too many times and often forgets the simplest of things but his partner and best friend helps him through it.

Additional links;; item ref, toyhouse up soon!

Mutations;; ear edit, major mane mutation, triple ringed eyes

Viscet 5;; Montague // male

Hobby/interests;; food, sweets, rain, Rumlow, memes, reading

What you should know about them;; Montague can be high-maintenance when he feels like being bratty, but he's a giver for the most part. He likes to please others by making sure they have whatever it is they need at all times. He gets tense when other yell in front of him, even if it's not at him. When he himself is yelled at, he shuts down completely so that he doesn't end up having a nervous breakdown. Despite how hard he tries to hide it, Montague suffers from depression and more often than not, it takes every bit of energy he has in order to peel himself out of bed in the mornings. The one thing that makes getting up in the mornings worth it all, is his mate whom he adores and loves unconditionally.

additional notes;;

— he is a meme lord smh

— very charming boi

— great sense of humour

Additional links;; toyhouse link up soon!

Mutations;; ear edit, lion mane, minor mane mutation, curly tail

Wishlist;; literally anything! I appreciate anything I receive! <3 (this includes writing!! come at me with all the writing!
<3)
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 am

More for a form :D

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)

╚═══════════════╝
birdbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fromage » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 am

Username;; mareep

Viscet 1;; Sigre // Male
Hobby/interests;; Sigre is currently trying to rediscover himself after being petrified for many centuries. As of now, he knows he likes reading a lot, signing lullabies, and making friends.
What you should know about them;; Sigre is a ruler of his home country, taking after his sister whom became more insane the longer she ruled. He killed her to save everyone from whatever she had planned doing, but due to a curse she placed on herself, both of them became stone statues upon piercing her chest with a sword. Many centuries later, two advanced witches resurrected him to have him rule the country instead of her.
Additional links;; optional, but extremely useful. Link to character bio page/story/toyhouse can go here
Mutations;;
-Feathered Wings(L)
-Rounded Scales(R)
-Minor Mane(UC)
-Docked Tail(R)
-Unicorn Horn(UC)

Viscet 2;; Lenore Saller// Female
Hobby/interests;; Oh boy! Lenore LOVES practicing magic, especially flora magic, anything she can do with the nature. She also loves to watch another witches work with magic, snacking on organic food much as she can, and sometimes candle making.
What you should know about them;; Lenore used to be a regular viscet in a terrible environment, always getting picked on, and expecting so highly of by her parents, until Harlow found her. After being introduced to whole new world of magic, Lenore officially became a witch, and you could always find her in her room practicing. Aside from magic, she also loves to help, to cheer viscets up, and she can be a bit of hopeless romantic.
Additional links;; optional, but extremely useful. Link to character bio page/story/toyhouse can go here
Mutations;;
-Hooves(ER)
-Antennas(Roaming)

Viscet 3;; Amélie Lacroix // Female
Hobby/interests;; Amelie.. has no interests or hobbies really, other than visiting her late husband, Gerard's grave at any chance she could get and talking to him.
What you should know about them;; Amelie is an escape artist and assassin, she has been captured and imprisoned over thousand times and she always manages to escape somehow.
Mutations;;
Minor Mane(UC)
Ear Edit(UC)
Drape set(no cheek, UC)

Viscet 4;; Ohana Tilo // Female
Hobby/interests;; Ohana loves to walk on the beach, collect seashells, and telling tales to village visclings.
What you should know about them;; Ohana is raised a city lady, whom decided to return to her home village to visit her grandmother's grave. There, she met a male viscet who she decided to stay for and start a family with. Unfortunately, it did not go well for her, and he ended up leaving on a sour note. She was left with an egg that has been thrown out in the ocean quite often, and brought back by ocean itself. She became bound to the ocean after her egg hatched, determined to raise her son next to it.
Mutations;;
Minor Mane(UC)

Viscet 5;; Bronte Ryea // Female
Hobby/interests;; Other than forging metal into anything customers or she wanted, she secretly likes going to circus for the shows.
What you should know about them;; Bronte is strongest blacksmith anyone ever knew, and very strict with her prices. Often it is thought that she's emotionless, has no family or friends, and the anvil is her only comfort. It was just rumors, she loved to split 3/4th of her income for the homeless viscets in the town, and taking care of her friend whom have a rare, unidentifiable bone disease. She actually got a huge heart, she just doesn't let it show during work, because work is work, not to make friends.
Mutations;;
Minor Mane(UC)
Ear Edit(UC)
Smooth Horns(UC)

Wishlist;; Hmm, I'd generally love anything you can do! I'm very appreciative of anything I get, but if I had to say something I'd love to get- I'd really like a pixel or two, avatar of Amelie, something for the signature, expressive art, etc :0c

As a note: I'm well aware that Ohana and Sigre is related, but it is an OOC batch. So, please don't make them familiar with eachother. Ohana knows Sigre as a ruler, and that's it. You may only draw Bronte and Ohana together, & Sigre and Lenore as well! cx
Last edited by fromage on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
      editing profile soon
fromage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 am

Currently still working on this / updating it <3

Viscet 1;; Tine // Female

Hobby/interests;; Loves baking, knitting scarves for other viscets in the cold, etc.

What you should know about them;; Tine is overall a very positive viscet, looking at things in a "glass half full" sort of way and always trying to ensure the happiness of others. Whether it means going out of her way, or making little jokes here and there, she'll do it for a smile. On rare occasions that Tine is under the weather or not around, her friends always seem to notice right away as she tends to always make her presence well-known to everyone around with her cheerful attitude.

She's driven by the memories of her depressing childhood; she doesn't want anyone to have to feel like she did, so Tine always tries her best to make everyone feel comfortable and content. She doesn't mind stepping aside to privately talk with a viscet should they be in a terrible mood and need to vent. When her childhood was starting to take a turn for a better, she met Cinnamon and they both helped each other better themselves.

Additional links;; sta.sh

Mutations;; Double Coat

Viscet 2;; Sahaquiel // Male

Hobby/interests;; He loves night flights, giving courage to others, and keeping peace.

What you should know about them;; Sahaquiel's past life as a young viscling was cut short when a traumatic experience happened for him, resulting in the permanent damage of his vocal cords and inevitably his early passing. A kind soul believed he still had a life and destiny to live for, so he was reincarnated as an "Angel."

Myths are spread amongst the viscet people that Sahaquiel's appearance is a sign of good luck and fortune, "should someone be lucky enough to spot him in the sky." He tends to keep his distance from most of the others, but when he feels he must step in, he does so with strong will and courage. His most popular title is "Angel of the skies" as that is where he spends most of his time. The night brings him comfort, and a cloudy night provides good camouflage for his feathered pelt.

Although he's forgotten how to use his vocal cords, he still manages to overcome them by using his telepathy ability to communicate with those around him.

Mutations;; Feathered Wings, Feathered Tufts, Smooth Horns

Viscet 3;; Hanzo // Male

Hobby/interests;; Archery, meditating, isolation

What you should know about them;; wip

Mutations;; None

Viscet 4;; Cinnamon // Male

Hobby/interests;; Helping Tine, doing difficult tasks for others in the Winter Village.

What you should know about them;; Cinnamon was born into a home of poverty, so he learned quickly to avoid being materialistic and only take what he needs. Even as a young viscling he hated when his parents would use money on him, as most of the time he didn't want them to. Sometimes he'd crack if they insisted they wanted to give him something once in a while, but if it was too much he'd kindly remind them that they needed to be saving their money.

His parents worked a bakery in a small town, making enough money to live with what they needed and a little over. They loved their son dearly, though, ensuring that he would have some childhood memories to be fond of.

As soon as Cinnamon was an adult, he remorsefully packed his belongings and set off into the night. His journey led him to the very Winter Village that Tine lives in, reuniting with her for the first time since childhood and becoming best friends. Cinnamon doesn't mind helping her with passing out gifts and hot cocoa to viscets, as the cheerful smiles that thank him lift his spirits and worries.

Later in his life, though, he decided he wanted to live in a warmer climate and said farewell to his friends in the village. It was a difficult goodbye that left him feeling down for a while, but it quickly changed when he met Maple. Cinnamon's strong personality complimented Maple's shyness, and the two balance each other perfectly. To this day they remain mates with their daughter, Amorette.

Mutations;; Floppy Ears, Lion Mane

Viscet 5;; Aden // Male

Hobby/interests;; Collecting seashells, helping passerby, swimming.

What you should know about them;; Aden was abandoned as a young viscling on a desolate beach, learning to live using only his instincts and the tricks he had to figure out while growing up alone. He's used to being on his lonesome, sometimes even preferring it that way; he is capable of taking care of himself, and doesn't necessarily need anyone. Yet.

During his childhood he found out that his purpose was to help others who became stranded or lost on his beach, offering them his life advice as well as a couple seashells and shelter should there be a storm. Aden built his wooden hut himself using the trees lining the sand and straw to weather a storm that passed in his adolescence; the hut still stood ever since, and he cherishes it dearly. Along the walls and outside he lines up seashells he collects while traveling up and down the beach, treasuring them but he doesn't mind giving a few as souvenirs.

Personality-wise, Aden is very laid-back and relaxed about his way of life. He's never been the kind of viscet to be impatient or snap at others, and he prefers to keep it that way.

Mutations;; None

Wishlist;; Just about anything ;u; I love pixels / avatars too <3
    Tine and Cinna are best friends, if you'd like to draw two in one picture! Otherwise, feel free to experiment~
Last edited by Lioashu on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me