Briceus's Side Quest !! -> Day 3 CLOSED

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Kalon Summer Event || Briceus's Side Quest !!

Postby Trphlthdl » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:20 am

Username;; trixyr
Kalons being used;; Idris
Quest response;;
Idris raised an eyebrow at the flustered bartender, confused at his reluctance to speak to the stranger he thought attractive. Idris had never really had a problem talking to people, though she'd never met someone she'd truly liked either.

"Just go over there and talk to them? It can't be that hard." She said, while raising her drink to her lips. "It can really only go two ways, you get rejected and you come back and sit at the bar, or you get to go on a date. If the date goes well, you go on another date. If you don't ask... well you'll get to wallow in regret for the next few days wondering how it would have gone if you'd said hi."

Briceus looked at Idris, off put my her directness and began to try and explain why that simply was not an option. "But... you see-"

"Look friend, either you go over and talk to them or I do. Your choice."

Briceus Goes wrote:Briceus sighed, clearly weighing his options. He could
go talk to the salon himself, he could let Idris go.
Neither of the options seemed like good ideas though...

Idris stood up, and the sound of the barstool scraping
the floor shocked Briceus in moving.

"Okay okay, I'll go, I'll go"

Idris watched, satisfied as she watched Briceus walk
over and start a conversation.
Idris Goes wrote:
Idris waited, and as Briceus didn't make a move to go and talk to the salon sitting at the other table, she got up to go. Ignoring Briceus' protests, as he did not offer to go himself, she continued on. When she arrived at the table, she put a paw on the table to get the other salon's attention.

"Hey, so my friend over there," here she jerked her other paw at the bar where Briceus cowered, "thinks you're cute. He's too nervous to actually talk to you though, so I took matters into my own hands." Turning to walk back to the bar she added one last thing. "You coming? He makes excellent drinks."

[347]
Last edited by Trphlthdl on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chamomile. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:06 am

Username;; Chamomile.
Kalons being used;; Rueben Sparrow
Quest response;; [242 words]
Rueben rolled his eyes at the flustered kalon, intending to order a drink and leave. However the promise of goodies perked Rue's interest. Rueben fluffed his hair, then turned to Bri and fixed his hair without a word. "Much better. You have an alright eye, if you actually let others see it." Rueben grumbled, though that was a high compliment in Rueben speak.
"Now, scoot over." he said, gently pushing Bri out from behind the counter and settled himself back there. Rueben was far more of a chef than a bartender, however he did work as one for a few years in the past. He wasn't the best around, but was no amateur. Rueben spent a while staring at the visitor's drink, trying to figure out what it was. After asking Bri to confirm it, Rueben carefully made two and handed them to Bri.
"There, you now have drinks and proof I'm competent enough to hold the fort while you go flirt. I have all the necessary qualifications to serve food and drinks, so don't worry your little pastel head. Now remember, everyone's favorite topic is themselves, so ask them about where they work and their life. If you need more drinks just give me a nod. Now go, before it's too late." Rueben huffed, shooing Bri away. As the kal walked towards their crush, Rueben straightened his bowtie and padded over to take an order. Tonight would be a long night.
πŸ”₯ rowan/cham/tripp πŸ”ͺ he/him πŸ”ͺ not coming back πŸ”₯
β€’ β€’ β€’
You can transfer/resell any designs i have made up to 2/22/22
x
x

β€’
β€’
β€’
chamomile.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:13 am

Username;;
Butter Dragon
Kalons being used;;
Madison
Quest response;;
{word count;; 353}
Madison never spent much time in bars, it wasn't really her scene. But of course, she wasn't uncomfortable with it, particularly when there was a cute guy behind the counter. She skipped towards the counter, an odd gate given the brutes lounging in the corner and the strangers coming in who all seemed to be in some weird trance in which they were just sort of... down. The "trance" she saw was just what everyone would see as a normal day. But for the bright, bubbly, Madison it seemed she was the only one that was unaffected by the curse of unhappiness.
The hottie she'd seen behind the counter seemed suddenly uncomfortable and Madison, curious as to why, followed his gaze to the door. There was a stranger walking in. Mysterious, dark, but he didn't scare Madison. She sat at the counter in front of the young man behind the counter. "Hey, you're cute," she said, speaking in a rather matter of fact tone. The boy blushed, and mumbled a thank you as his looked from her to the stranger and back again. Madison grinned but bit her lip with concern as she saw his expression remain the same. "Don't be nervous, I'll protect you," she giggled and watch as he looked at her with confusion, wondering how she'd noticed what he was feeling. But her sweet smile seemed to cheer him up a little.
As the man approached the counter and offered him his money in return for a drink Madison could see the look on the cute boy's face turn from comfort to panic. He looked at her for help and Madison gave him a wink. He smiled and puffed up his chest, trying to pretend he was more confident than he really was.
It turned out that the man was a traveler, and much less scary than he looked with his cloak covering his face in shadow. Madison wasn't sure if she had helped at all, but she wasn't to think so. And weather it was her or not she was happy to see him smiling again as she left.
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zailune » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:23 am

Username: Zailune
Kalon being used: Cosona
Story:

β€œOh my” Cosona said softly to herself. She was never really good at this sort of thing, being that she practically never left the house normally. She looked around, and spotted a beautiful Kalon sitting across the room. Them? She gestured. Bri nodded.

β€œOh, she's gorgeous.” Cosona said, and sat next to Bri. Bri looked at Cosona curiously. β€œYeah, she's really something.” Cosona continued, then shook her head. Focus! She thought to herself. β€œOkay so... um... look. What's the worst that could happen? This is a tavern, we're meant to socialize a bit. I'm sure it wouldn't be a bother for you to go and say hi.” Cosona said encouragingly. Bri didn't seem convinced. Cosona stopped and thought to herself for a moment of what to say next. She wanted to help him, but wasn't quite sure how. She knew if she was in the same situation, she'd probably be acting the same way as Bri, so this was quite a challenge for her.

β€œSometimes it's best to just push yourself to do something you might be uncomfortable with, and see what happens. If you don't, you might end up regretting it. Why don't you offer her a drink? See what happens. Live a little, y'know?” Cosona lectured. She sighed, and sat down next to Bri. β€œHonestly, I can relate.... but, heck, I want to help you. Take a deep breath, and...” Cosona looked at Bri, his head flat on the table. β€œOh forget this.” Cosona said, and walked over to the other table. She stood facing the direction of both the other Kalon and Bri, and could see Bri frantically gesturing β€œNOPE. NOPE.”

β€œHey, excuse me, I was wondering if you'd like to join me over there. You shouldn't just be by yourself in a tavern like this, um...” Cosona started, but got a little flustered. She gulped, and continued. β€œI'd like to introduce you to someone, if that's okay.”

β€œOh, um... sure.” The Kalon said, sounding sort of nervous.
As she stood, Cosona asked, β€œWhat's your name?”
β€œAnna” The Kalon said.
β€œThat's a very nice name.” Cosona said. They walked over to where Bri was sitting. He was staring straight forward, as though he hoped to somehow not be noticed. Anna sat down next to him, and his head shrunk between his shoulders. Cosona sat next to Anna. Bri turned towards Anna awkwardly, his face pitch red.

β€œI....I'm Bri. What....What's your name?” He said. Cosona looked over from behind Anna and gave a grin and thumbs up.
β€œI'm Anna. It's a pleasure to meet you, Bri.” Anna said with a smile. She looked back at Cosona, who was sitting facing forward with a blank expression.
β€œIt's nice to m-meet you t-too, Anna. Could I um.... buy you a drink?” Bri said.
β€œOh, okay...” Anna said. β€œThank you very much, Bri.”

Cosona tapped Anna's shoulder, and she turned to her. β€œI have to use the ladies' room.” She said, holding back a grin. Anna nodded.
β€œOkay, um-” Anna paused, tilting her head slightly.
β€œCosona.” Cosona said.
β€œCosona, okay!” Anna responded. She then turned back to Bri, and they continued talking. Cosona walked over to the restroom and stood by the door for a few minutes, then walked back out to see the two happily talking and laughing together, seeming a bit more comfortable at this point.

Looks like my work here is done. Cosona thought to herself, sneakily exiting the tavern.
Image Image
----------------------

Heya, it's Zail - feel free to message me about anything! I'm online pretty frequently.
I may be a bit of a weirdo but I mean well Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―
Lots of love for those struggling, too. You're not alone.
Zailune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smol ken » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:45 am

Username;; Nicolas~
Kalons being used;;bromine,,silvio,reed
Quest response;;nliNK
(sorry, I only have time today to do a quick sketch)

Bromine dragging the attention to himself, and the others booping Bri in the nose, cause we all know that helps so much.
smol ken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 am

Username;; Kyar
Kalons being used;; Yushin, Kibasha, and Rita
Quest response;; Story ---- 949 words

The girls sat idly, toying with some of the fake jewels and fabric left over from their last troublesome endeavor. Yushin sat back, prodding gently at the still sore injury on his left leg, sighing as he saw blood beginning to soak through the wrappings again.

"Stop poking at it," Rita sighed, but got to work quickly redressing it, despite his protests. He leaned his head back, instead, and sighed.

"Let's keep things quiet for a while, shall we?" he decided. Rita smiled, and he cracked an eye just in time to catch it before closing them again and trying to relax. He'd thought a couple of extra willing hands would be helpful, and so far, they were. But he'd underestimated the difference a handful of years could make. The girls were young, there was no doubt about it, and they acted it. He was only 21 himself, but old enough to know a bit better, and with the experience now of someone who had indeed spent his days traveling and surviving on his own. He should've known better when he saw the cozy home, the tight-knit family… they were proving to be a challenge in more ways than he'd anticipated.

"Thank you," he finally grunted as Rita moved away, and he straightened up. "I'll get us something to eat, you two… just… wait here," he tried.

"No, wait a second," Kibasha interrupted. "I'm not going to let you go up there when you should be resting that," she insisted. "Besides… it's my fault. So I'll get the food."

Yushin eyed her carefully, but… he sighed, and nodded as he pulled out a handful of coins and passed them to her. "Don't spend more than this, please."

Kibasha grinned, agreed, and her sister tailed her up to the counter while Yushin readjusted and again, tried to relax. It occurred to him to keep an eye on the girls, but they were in plain sight. There was hardly anything that could go wrong, and at least they were safely indoors now, in a strangely decorated but at least comfortable lodging.

Time passed slowly, even more slowly as he was waiting and trying to essentially meditate the pain away. But eventually he had to crack an eye. How long had they been gone? It felt longer than just the minute or two it should've taken for them to get the… hm. He sat up again, eyes and ears tuned in to the innkeeper. He was going on about something and the girls… well, they both seemed pretty riveted. He shifted, considering getting up, but… it all looked innocent enough. So he sat back, instead, and let them work their way out of… well, probably whatever he was trying to con them into paying.

But the chatter continued, and pretty soon Kibasha had picked it up, and while Rita remained at the counter, the bolder sister pranced off to the corner of the room. Yushin had to shift to see her, but it didn't take long before he realized… ah. There was a beautiful young kalon with lustrous, golden locks braiding her hair at one of the far tables. She had soft features, but it was clear she was no pushover. Her arms were notably muscular, and she was well dressed in fine armor and her eyes had a sharpness to them Yushin knew all too well. She was dressed in exquisite jewelry as well, most of which, no surprise, depicted a familiar holy symbol. It was the same as Rita's. Yushin wasn't much for religion, but he recognized it enough. This woman was a paladin. Though what Kibasha had to do with it, well… that was yet to see.

He couldn't make out voices, but Kibasha was an animated conversationalist nonetheless. It wasn't long before she had the woman smiling, pulling out her own sword, and allowing Kibasha to give it a try. Poor kid nearly dropped it, and an unstoppable smirk crossed Yushin's face. She was cute, he had to give her that. But the conversation went on until the girl pointed up at the counter, where both her sister and this innkeeper were waiting. He watched in legitimate surprise as she got up and made her way over, greeting Rita first, where the two started a brief discussion. Now he wished he'd been closer, as he'd never seen Rita talk so much. Had to wonder what she had to say.

But before long, the innkeeper started to slip away, only to have Kibasha return and coax him into the conversation. He had no idea how, but hey, conversation was hardly his thing anyway. He tended to botch social interactions and frankly, this seemed exactly like his weak spot. The flush he could see coming out from under that mat of hair was unmistakable, and no doubt this woman saw it too. Still, it was interesting to spectate, and he started to consider again the advantages of having the girls along. Kibasha may be hotheaded in battle, but perhaps a little charisma was good for the group. And it seemed that Rita had something to say underneath all those quiet smiles - it was just a matter of getting it out.

Finally, the girls returned with a bubbly innkeeper in tow, babbling something about his gratefulness and spreading before them a rather impressive meal. He insisted it was fair for the price they paid, but Yushin had to give Kibasha a quiet wink behind his back. The girl grinned, and even Rita looked unusually delighted as they sat down to eat. He didn't have to say a word. They were gonna make a good team, of that he was certain.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fernathy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:29 am

Username;; Fernathy
Kalons being used;; Lune and Namine (2/3 party)
Quest response;;

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

Hi, I'm Fern! I mostly returned to this
website for art, so if you have an art
shop, feel free to drop me a line. β™‘

You're also welcome to look at my toy
hou.se
! I make adopts there some-
times, and I love talking about OCs.

My PMs are also always open. β™‘
β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž [ β€Ž fern | he/him | adult | your local sleepy, goth artist. | my kalons | toyhou.seβ€Ž β€Ž ] β€Ž β€Ž
β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž ❝ and i can be a pretty girl, i'll lose myself in you. ❞
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘
β•‘

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Fernathy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:37 am

Username;; Cocogerber13

Kalons being used;; Ember

Quest response;; being a bit inexperienced herself, Ember decided to give him a few horrible pickup lines to try

╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, Β°Λ–βœ§

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
β™’I write, draw, and rp!β™’

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ο‰olfie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 am

Username;; Ο‰olfie
    Kalons being used;; Kyrou, Cain, and Shelbie (lmao cain and kyrou also have a bush of hair over their eyes uvu)
    Quest response;;

Kyrou, Cain, and Shelbie's hearts lifted. They all loved and adored romance for different reasons, but nonetheless, they were absolutely willing to help out this poor soul. "That guy, over in the corner?" Shelbie asked, bucking her head towards the male kalon as a gesture. Over in the corner sat a kalon with fluffy chocolate-brown hair, and a brown, creme, and light brown pelt, and he was reading a book. "Oh wow. Yeah, he really is attractive, isn't he?" She chirped light-heartedly.

She was going to say her goodbyes and wish Bri goodluck, but just looking at how overwhelmed and flustered he was made her heart ache, and she knew her other companions sympathized with him as well. Seeing as how everyone was too hesitant and nervous to say something, Cain spoke up. "You know what, Bri? We'll help you. It's not easy going up and talking to someone, but luckily for you, we walked in at just the right time," Cain said with a grin. Shelbie nodded.

"He's right. How heartless would we be if we walked away and leave you to your problem by yourself? You're a great person, Bri. I can already tell. And honestly... I wouldn't call it 'silly.' We're all kalons. We're all equal. Just because you're an innkeeper, doesn't mean you're less of a good kalon than he is!" Shelbie told him confidently. Kyrou nodded.

"Exactly. I know how it feels, and I don't want anyone to suffer the same fate as I did. The worst possible scenario, in my book, is that you'd get more attracted to him, but always be too afraid to confront him, and eventually, he'll already have found someone else. I'm sure you don't want that.." Kyrou said quietly, a sympathetic, gentle smile on his face. Bri looked at all three of them, continuing to fan his flushed face.

"Thank you everyone for your kind words, but I don't think it's possible for me to talk to someone like... them...! I'm not even sure if he likes guys! I've seen him come here with a girl very often," Bri said nervously. The more he looked at him, the more blood went to his cheeks. Kyrou looked at Shelbie. Shelbie looked at Cain. They quickly huddled into a small group and started to whisper and murmur what sounded like jibberish to Bri. They ungrouped as quickly as they grouped in the first place. Bri tilted his head and gave them a confused look. "Hey, Bri. Do you have skills in improv? Because you're going to need it!" Shelbie said, a slightly mischevious glint in her eyes. She grabbed the inn keeper's hand and brought him away from the counter.

"Oh! So we're doing this... right now?" asked Bri, a hint of uncertainty and curiosity in his voice. Shelbie winked. "You got it! We'll get you that guy no matter what! Alright?" Bri's eyes flicked towards her to the mysterious guy in the corner. "Alright, first things first, confidence is key! Nothing will go wrong as long as we're here with you. Keep your eyes on the prize. Be determined. You won't get to know what kind of person he is unless you have courage. Be strong. I know you can do it, Bri!" Cain told him, his eyes shining like stars.

While Cain and Shelbie were giving him pep talks and fixing him up, Kyrou went to the kalon Bri was to talk to. "Hello. Mind if I sit here?" Kyrou asked him. The kalon looked up from his book and smiled. "Ah, not at all! Please do," he said. His voice was sweet as honey, smooth as silk. "So, do you come here often?" Kyrou asked. He shook his head. "I used to come here often with my girlfriend, but we broke up two months ago." Kyrou nodded slowly, being careful to choose his words wisely. "Ah. Are you single now, then?" "Yeah. I'm looking for males now though, actually," he told Kyrou, smiling softly. Then there was a 'ding!' coming from the kalon's bag. "Oh, excuse me for a second." The brown-haired kalon stood up to take a quick call. Kyrou looked back at the counter.

"I think I'm ready now! Thank you so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it!" Bri said, smiling happily. "No pro-" Cain begun, but stopped mid-sentence. He squinted, and could see Kyrou mouthing something to them. "Whats he saying?" asked Shelbie. Then Kyrou began waving to them. "Er, I think he's saying... bye? I'm not sure?" Shelbie tilted her head. "Bye? Why would he say bye? Bye... bi? Bi! Guys, I think he's trying to say that the guy is bisexual! Bri, you're all good!" Kyrou nodded and gave a thumbs-up. "It's time. Bri, pretend I'm your... sister! Let's go!"

Shelbie and Bri began talking to each other and walking towards Bri's crush at the same time. And then, Shelbie (purposely) bumped into their table. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I should've watched where I was going," Shelbie apologized, smiling at him. "I'm Shelbie, and this is my brother, Bri!" She said, introducing herself. "Haha, it's all good! Nice to meet you Shelbie, and Bri!" he said, smiling sweetly at Bri. The innkeeper felt the blood rush to his cheeks. Suddenly, his eyes lit up. "Oh, what book is that?" Bri asked. Shelbie looked at Kyrou, and gestured to him to leave. The two slowly walked away from the ongoing conversation and back to Cain.

The three of them stared happily as Bri gave him a free drink. Bri looked genuinely happy. There time here was done.

932 words
Last edited by Ο‰olfie on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

β–ˆβ–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ο‰olfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WanSham » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

Username;;WanSham
    Kalons being used;; Steinpow
    Quest response;;
    Steinpow still continues to fantasize over what he'll say to the person he loves to the point that it rubs off on his love pep-talks.
WanSham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me