Thread for people with BIG story universes (help)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Thread for people with BIG story universes (help)

Postby JadeJester22 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 am

So I've come to the realization that my main story universe is hard to get down, since there is heavy background lore (despite the main plots being more adventure/wacky). The problem is, I'm having trouble getting it all down, for several reasons.
A. I'm not great at story writing.
B. The mediums are weird... half the actual plots of the series I envision fit better as a show, some as games, some as stories, etc.
C. I'm not artsy or good at coding anything.
D. The stories really aren't deep... Most of it is just wacky adventures, with arcs, terrifying villians, some slice of life, magic, science, interdimensional travel... everything but long-term character growth and themes. I mean, characters would develop some over time, but outside of supporting/secondaries, most of the main cast wouldn't dramatically change. And I can't really think of too many themes for a series that basically can be summarized as "A cat lives in a world with robots, wizards, humans, dragons, aliens, human aliens, species that look like sentient food or other weird things, etc and gets dragged into crazy adventures with his friends all while being pulled screaming through the multiverse, having to manage a fairly normal existence, and apocalypses, evil plans, and god-level beings showing up out of nowhere and nobody gives anybody any credit for this."

Anyone else with the same issues?
JadeJester22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thread for people with BIG story universes (help)

Postby JadeJester22 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:32 pm

bump

Last bumped by JadeJester22 on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:32 pm.
JadeJester22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me