Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Prompts

Postby mars » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 am

(( this one is short today, my apologies !! I'm writing during dinner again ;v; ))

Chapter VIII:
    Tʜᴇ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ!

The three children made their way to the edge of the forest, relieved that they had made it out alive! Out of the corner of their eye, they noticed a shimmering object resting in a tall patch of shrubbery right on the edge of the clearing before them.
    "There it is!" Minji cried out, running to it and quickly picking it up. "We've found the second crystal!"

Sadie looked rather suspicious, glancing around the party unnervingly.
    "No...it can't be this easy. Where's the catch?" Her voice was hesitant and uncertain, and Minji turned to look at the group's leader, lowering the crystal to gaze off into the distance.
    "Oh...but I...I don't see anything?"

The children stood there for a few minutes as if they were waiting for the trouble to catch up with them before coming to the realization that there was nothing dangerous there.
    "You've got to be kidding me," Sadie huffed under her breath. "Where's the monsters? The trouble? This can't be getting easier...what the heck is wrong?" The twins simply shrugged; they were grateful that it had been so simple for once, meanwhile Sadie was sure that something bad was going to happen soon. It had to, otherwise she'd go crazy of paranoia.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝Tʜᴇ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ!❞

Postby amaoretto » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:36 am

archibald took up that one wish by asking for the siren to show him where the crystal is
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ama | adult | art shop | th
commissions: ✔ PMs: ✔
looking to trade for ALL
pets adopted 7/24
art by tsu-bear

amaoretto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apprentice_ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am

[ login : rainichi ] day eight
    characters;
        onion || lvl 3 alchemist || lawful good || 19 y/o
      a farmer who used to travel a lot ! he's pretty useless in general, but he tries really hard! when he does manage to do something right, it's a big help. he likes to talk about his chickens.

lis || lvl 173 knight || neutral good || 23 y/o
      lis is a knight without a permanent home! she's the most useful member of the party when if comes to fighting, but she can be both airheaded and hotheaded. she just has a big head all around. she's p cute tho

reuben || lvl 48 archer || true neutral || 21 y/o
      kind of a jerk |'D reuben is always just looking for some fun, regardless of what he has to do to get it. he's kind of shady actually.
      best not leave him alone for too long.

for more information on these characters, you can click their names !!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      [ Current Stats (out of 150 hp, 100 energy, 100 hunger, 75 sanity) ]
      Onion 』|| 137 hp || 97 energy || 77 hunger || 72 sanity
      Lisbeth 』|| 139 hp || 84 energy || 72 hunger || 72 sanity
      Reuben 』|| 150 hp || 99 energy || 82 hunger || 74 sanity
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

[ Our heroes have been walking the forest for some time. They’ve had minor encounters, and they’ve found strange things, but nothing significant so far. Currently, the sky is painted in fiery hues as the sun sets- too bad our heroes can’t see it through the trees’ foliage. ]
    [ Onion ] “Hey, guys...? Is that... supposed to be there?”

The three kalons slow their walk to a halt as Onion jabs his finger into the air. Slowly, Lis and Reuben follow his pointing, their gazes each landing on a round, white object lying in the grass. It was hard to see in the forest’s darkness, but as their eyes adjusted, it became blatantly clear what the thing was: a skull.

[ Lisbeth ] Lis nervously laughs. “Probably just a prop. Like, where’s the body? Did it die away from the head?” Lis blinks a number of times before mumbling, “Well, I guess technically that’s possible, since, you know, de- decapitation is a thing... oh my god, are there decapitating monsters around here...?!”

Reuben violently shushes Lis. When she tries to ask why she’s been shushed, Reuben places his hand over her mouth. In her confused state, she does as told and keeps quiet. Onion is immediately put on edge as Reuben peers around the area. He’s looking for something. Realization hits Lis, and understanding the situation, she pushes Reuben’s hand away.

[ Okay... It’s been a couple minutes, and the kalons are just standing there. ]
        There’s nothing there
        ▷ Better stay cautious for a while longer
    [ Lisbeth ] “Reuben, there’s nothing there...”

Just then, something spirals out from the darkness. When it stands tall, it towers over the kalons. Its eyes glow in the dim lighting- it’s... twelve eyes? Four red ones that sparkle like the brightest flames, four violet ones reminiscent of nightshade, and lastly, four orbs that shine a toxic green.

Our heroes begin stepping away. Reuben curses Lis for her big mouth.

The creature hisses, the noise piercing to the ears. It’s then that the three kalons finally make out what they’re looking at: a snake. A gigantic, three headed snake, that looks ready for its next meal.

[ A level 250 boss has appeared! 700hp remaining. ]
        ▷ rUN, this is a job for another day!
        Engage in battle!
    [ Reuben ] “Ah, wonderful, there’s a head for each of us.” Reuben seems to be backing out of the fight, but it turns out he’s only trying to put some distance between him and the monster; Better for taking a shot.

But he can’t sneak away and find a good place to camp unless someone stalls the monster! Lisbeth’s sword makes a satisfying sound as its pulled from its sheathe. She’s pretty sure they’re all gonna die here, considering how high a level the monster looks, but she grins anyway.

[ Lisbeth ] “Finally, some action! We started this journey ages ago, it’s about time!”

[ The monster stands its ground, yet to move. ]
        ▷ Let it make the first move
        Be the first to attack
    Lis is too excited to consider the risk! She darts at the serpent, and glides the sword across its body. The monster makes a terrifying screech and promptly retreats, only to return from the side. Like lightning its come and gone, and leaves Lis on the ground and seeing stars.
      [ Boss lost 30 health! New total: 670 ]
      [ Lisbeth lost 15 health! New total: 124 ]
    Brushing it off, Lis stands and takes a defensive position. The monster’s fast, but she’ll be prepared next time. Meanwhile, Reuben’s found high ground in a tree. He carefully balances himself on a branch, and already holds his bow steady and ready to fire.

[ Lisbeth ] Lis glances at Onion, who’s going to get himself killed if he only stands around. “Onion! Whip up some health potions or something! Make yourself useful!”

Onion tenses up. He recalls that battle in the tavern, before they’d left the village. He’d somehow pulled himself together that time and had done a decent job at helping the team, but now...? This boss is something different. Not to mention there’s no convenient supplies laying around, like they had been at the bar in the tavern.

[ Onion ] “I can’t just make potions out of thin air!”
    [ Lisbeth ] “Do it anyway!”

‘Do it anyway’? Is Lis crazy?! Onion has no idea what she wants from him, but he doesn’t have time to ask. The snake encircles Lis, but an arrow punctures its scales, and while it taken back by this, Lis swings. The serpent leaves Lis alone and goes for Reuben. Lis chases it and attacks, but not before it knocks Reuben out of the tree.
      [ Boss lost 55 health! New total: 615 ]
      [ Reuben lost 10 health! New total: 140 ]

[ They two aren’t doing so bad on their own, but this is a party of three for a reason. They won’t last if Onion isn’t helping out. ]
        ▷ There’s no potion making to be done in this forest! Use his dagger and help attack
        Maybe Onion can whip something up after all??
    Onion surveys the area. Ugh, the trees make it so dark!

Lis yells in the background, and when Onion whips his head around, he sees fire erupt from one of the monster’s mouths. Lis barely dodged! That wasn’t exactly what Onion had hoped for, but it did provide a moment’s light. He’s seen some berries and thinks he can use those.
      [ Lis dodged but she hit a tree. This is the second time she’s run into a tree on this journey! ]
      [ Lisbeth lost 5 health. New total: 119 ]

[ Since Reuben’s been knocked to the ground, he hasn’t been all that helpful. ]
        Stay on the ground. This way, he can't get knocked down again + he’s more mobile
        ▷ Climb another tree, the height is a huge advantage
    Reuben chooses to stay to the ground. He scurries away, trying to at least get some feet between him and the monster. He positions himself behind a tree and shoots. He misses once, but not again.
      [ Boss lost 20 health! New total: 605 ]
    The boss has lost over 100 health! It’s a good sign, especially because our heroes aren’t yet too tired. The serpent is either distracted with Lis and Reuben, or views Onion as no threat, and so Onion’s made it to the berry bush. Are these right? The berries are small and black- probably black, or it could just be that the colors are washed out by the lack of lighting. They’re either extremely poisonous, or highly nutritious.

Well, if this doesn’t work out, at least the “health” potion will kill everyone before the serpent does.

Onion collects what else he can, and hopes it’ll be enough. He holds the ingredients in a few vials, which he carries around for these sort of moments. All he needs now is some pure water, some that hasn’t been tainted by the kingdom’s curse. He knows exactly where to find some, but doesn’t know if the lake’s resident mermaid will be happy to see him... The potion almost certainly won’t work without water though, so Onion disappears into the trees to gather some.

Lis doesn’t even notice he’s left, but Reuben takes note and does his best to up his game until Onion returns. The current game plan appears to be that Reuben attacks the heads since Lis can’t reach them, and so she attacks the body. It’s going well, since the snake doesn’t know how to prioritize who to attack.

Uh-oh, it’s slithered away! Lis and Reuben exchange confused glances. They nearly lower their weapons, but when the boss reappears, the kalons are blinded by a mixture of white, purple, and green.

[ They don’t have time to process the situation. It’s do or die. ]
      [ One or two choices may be chosen for each, for both Lis and Reuben ! ]
      Stay there; They’ll be hit by purple
      ▷ Dive to the left; They’ll be hit by white
      Roll to the right; They’ll be hit by green
      [ and ]
      ► Blindly attack!
      ▷ Stand your ground

Reuben doesn’t move, taking his chances with the purple mist. He begins choking, and barely manages to stop and hold his breath. His chest burns and his eyes water. It’s hard to see through the fog, but she shoots.

At the same time, Lis has jumped into the green as a result of her panic. She cries out in pain as a nasty liquid melts through bits of her clothes, and burns her skin. It doesn’t make it all the way through her armor, but she’ll definitely be needing to buy a new set. Despite the pain, she gets up and runs madly at the serpent.

Reuben’s arrow hits, and takes out an eye?! Even half blinded by smoke, his shot is dead on! Lisbeth’s sword is stabbed into the monster’s chest, and she has to roughly tug it out. At this point, the monster oozes quite some amount of black liquid.
      [ Boss lost 120 health! New total: 475 ]
      [ Lisbeth lost 45 health! New total: 74 ]
      [ Reuben lost 35 health! New total: 105 ]
      [ Reuben gains poison effect! Health gradually decreases ]
    With Lis teetering at half health, and Reuben having lost 1/3rd of his, Onion returns. He carries four vials, but his grip isn’t that great and it looks like he could drop them at any point.
      [ Lesser Potion of Healing gained! Quantity: 3 ]
      [ Poison Potion gained! Quantity: 1 ]
    [ Onion calls out. ] “Are you guys okay??” He didn’t see anything other than a flash of light, but he’d heard Reuben hacking and Lis yelling. Things sounded bad, but he’d gotten the health potions- and fortunately, the berries were correct! Or at least, they made a good enough substitute for the real thing. The mermaid had helped him more than he’d expected, and she’d even directed him to actual poisonous berries, which Onion had used to make a potion he hoped would stun the serpent, at least.

[ Lisbeth ] Through her huffing, Lis shouts back, “Could be doing better!” Her sword swipes at the monster once more before the creature momentarily moves away. “Did you make the potions??” Lis is beyond out of breath, and her stance is weak.

[ Onion ] “Yeah, but they’re only lesser healing potions, if that! A lot of ingredients were either missing or substituted!” Onion jogs over to Lis, and Reuben meets with the two. Onion hands a potion to the each of them. “It probably won’t taste very good but--”

[ Lisbeth ] “Good enough.” Lis pops the cork to the vial and tilts her head back. Her face contorts in discomfort; She tries not to let the liquid touch her tongue, but its hard to do so. When she’s done, she shoves the vial back into Onion’s hand, and he nearly drops the others.
      [ Lesser Potion of Healing consumed! ]
      [ Lisbeth gains 30 health! New total: 104 ]
      [ Some of her burns don’t look as bad anymore! ]
    Reuben wordlessly chugs his own potion. Outwardly, he’s in better shape than Lis; He doesn’t sport the same burns and bruises. However, he can barely breathe and his head is spinning, even after he’s finished downing the liquid.
      [ Reuben lost 20 health from poison damage, but gains 30 back! New total: 115 ]
    [ Onion ] “I have one extra health potion, and also this poi-” Onion tilts his head, caught off guard by a sudden coughing fit from Reuben. “Reuben, are you alright...?”

[ Reuben ] “Oii, of course I’m-” he chokes in between words, “alright...! Who do you think I am, some- some low level noob?”

Onion presses on, and as he does, Lis begins to worry as well. Reuben speaks of having inhaled a purple mist, and Onion is left speechless. He hesitates when explaining that Reuben’s been poisoned, and a simple healing potion won’t rid him of the toxin. Regardless of the crystal, they’ll need to get to town as soon as possible and receive medical attention, or else it could be fatal.

Reuben insists they at least defeat this boss first. Neither Lis nor Onion want to agree, but this could be their chance to snag the second crystal. They decide to end this battle before escaping the forest.

Actually, where’d the serpent even go...? While they search, Onion gives Lis the poison potion. He instructs her to only use it when she’s close, and only when they really need it. She hooks it onto her belt.

[ The boss reappears! It wraps its tail around Onion and holds him hostage! ]
      [ Onion drops the third healing potion into the grass! Inventory item:Lesser Potion of Healing lost ]
        Make a joke about Onion being a damsel in distress
        ▷ Cease fire! It’s the serpent’s move
        ▷ Attack!
    [ Lisbeth snorts. ] “Hey, I’m the only chick here, why aren’t I the damsel in distress?”
    Reuben shakes his head, and Onion is too preoccupied to even catch the comment.

[ Well, that accomplished nothing! ]
        ▷ Cease fire! It’s the serpent’s move
        Attack!
    The snake could very well slither off with Onion. Lis isn’t interested in seeing this happen, and she’s quick to throw herself into battle! Reuben does so as well, but he’s weakened by the poison. His shots are still accurate, but not as strong. Lis, on the other hand, hasn’t lost her energy! The boss doesn’t have time to react before its hit with a wave of attacks!
      [ Boss lost 75 health! New total: 400 ]
    The boss lunges at Lis and one of its heads sinks its fangs her side, breaking right passed her armor! She gasps for air, her eyes wide with shock. Her skin feels warm where its bit her, and white invades her vision. Vaguely, she hears yelling, but its drowned out by incessant ringing.
      [ Lisbeth loses 60 health! New total: 44 ]
      [ Lisbeth loses 58 energy! New total: 26 || That really drained her! ]
    Somewhere in the distance, Lis hears something about ”the vial, the vial...!” She reaches to the poison potion on her belt. Weakly, she takes it into her hand. The snake hasn’t let go of her; She uses this to her advantage. Taking in a large breath, Lis sums up her remaining energy and jams her arm into the creature’s mouth. She yanks it out as fast as possible, having thrown the vial down its throat.
      [ Poison Potion used! ]
    The monster lets go of her, and she crashes to the ground. The head hisses, screams, and the entire body writhes. Onion is dropped, and he runs to Lis and drags her further back. As the serpent calms, its one head goes motionless. Four red eyes lose their fire and gradually dim.
      [ Boss lost it’s left head, the fire head! ]
      [ Boss lost 130 health! New total: 270 ]

[ Reuben takes 40 damage from poison! New total: 75 ]
    Lisbeth’s clothes are soaked in red and Reuben is near wheezing. The boss is close to dead, but the kalons are closer. Onion fears for both their lives. (But meanwhile, he’s very impressed his potion did so much damage!)

[ Neither of them should keep going or else they’ll risk further injury! ]
        Just a little longer!
        ▷ It’s time to back down
    Lis and Reuben both are stubborn! Lis wants to be a hero, and Reuben wants revenge! (For him or Lis?! He keeps glancing at her with such worried eyes, but he’d deny it if asked!) Onion can’t stop them from fighting. He helps Lis stand. Reuben leans against a tree for support. Onion can feel tears welling up in his eyes- His inability to fight is costing the team.

[ Lis and Reuben aren’t ready, but monsters don’t wait! The snake drives itself towards them. ]
        ▷ Swing the sword!
        Shoot an arrow!
    This is Reuben’s hit. He pulls the arrow back, and when he lets go, its added to the growing collection of arrows that protrude from the monster. The boss changes path, no longer heading toward him and Lis.
      [ Boss lost 20 health! New total: 250 ]
      [ Boss is bleeding a lot! Boss loses 20 more health! New total: 230 ]

[ Onion is just idling! ]
        ▷ Hit the snake with a log or somethin’???
        ▷ Onion, you have a dagger!
        Don’t do anything
    Onion is helpless! But better to be helpless than in the way. He makes a mental note: Next time they’re in town, seriously consider buying a large stock of potion ingredients.

[ Oops, the serpent u-turns! It aims for Onion, but somehow Onion sidesteps it?? ]
        Welp, now’s the time! Stab it!
        ▷ Dude, rUn
    And now that dagger comes in useful! He thrusts his arm out, and as the snake speeds passed, the blade of the knife runs against its scales. This would have been more effective if it’d been a longer blade, but it did something at least.
      [ Boss lost 10 health! New total: 220 ]
      [ Oh, the Boss crashed into a tree because Onion sidestepped. Wow, the tree’s trunk snaps and the whole thing falls! The forest echoes with its landing. ]
      [ Boss loses 10 more health! New total: 210 ]
      [ Boss is stunned! ]
    It’s now or never! Lis is too frail at this point to be in real combat, but the monster is just laying there. Reuben nearly stops her from doing so, but instead he only watches as Lis approaches the creature. She climbs atop- what seems like a terrible idea- and she drives her sword into the rightmost head’s neck.

Lis is tossed off the monster as the pain brings it back to consciousness! Similarly to before, it flails for a minute before its eyes, formerly an unnatural green, lose their light.
      [ Boss lost it’s right head, the acid head! ]
      [ Boss lost 130 health! New total: 80 ]

[ Lisbeth lost 5 health! New total: 39 ]
      [ Lisbeth’s bite wound hurts a lot! Lisbeth loses another 5 health! New total: 34 ]
      [ Lisbeth loses 15 energy! New total: 11 ]
      [ Lisbeth loses 27 hunger! New total: 45 ]
    Lis is out for the count! Her vision blurs as her body falls limp. Onion rushes over; She's stable, for now. She’ll be waking up with a horrid headache later and a whole lot of pain.

The snake stands with only one head left, only four eyes remaining. With a few more arrows, it’ll fall, but Reuben on his own is an easy target to hit, and not only that, but he’s being slowed by the poison as well.

[ Onion has a dumb idea. ]
        Act as a distraction
        ▷ Reuben can handle it himself
    Onion climbs on the creature before it’s entirely regained its composure. He holds on for dear life as the serpent rapidly begins moving, and very erratically at that. It’s trying to hurl Onion off, but Onion has a surprising grip on the thing. He only hopes Reuben doesn’t accidentally shoot him.

Reuben fires six arrows at the boss while Onion has it preoccupied! Four of them land the hit! The boss is moving faster than usual!
      [ Boss loses 65 health! New total: 15 ]
    The monster chooses a new target. Instead of focusing on Onion, it heads for the real threat! It barrels towards Reuben, and Reuben can only fumble with his bow as he coughs. He’s not gonna make it in time!

[ This is it for Reuben if he can’t shoot this last arrow! ]
        ▷ Game Over
        Onion’s got this!
    Onion swallows his anxiety and climbs further up the snake, until he practically rests on its head. Bringing out his dagger, he slams the blade down, and suddenly he finds his hand splattered in black liquid. The serpent loses control and its remaining head strikes the ground. Onion is unable to hold on any longer, and he’s thrown off. The monster’s violet eyes turn dark.
      [ Boss lost it’s middle head, the poison head! ]
      [ Boss lost 20 health! That’s more than it even had left, it’s hella dead! ]
      [ Onion lost 14 health! New total: 123 || That fall hurt! ]

[ Onion leveled up! Level 3 >> 12 ]
      [ Lisbeth leveled up! Level 173 >> 175 ]
      [ Reuben leveled up! Level 48 >> 53 ]

[ Onion lost 23 energy! New total: 74 ]
      [ Onion lost 5 hunger! New total: 72 ]
      [ Reuben lost 58 energy! New total: 41 ]
      [ Reuben lost 16 hunger! New total: 66 ]

[ Reuben takes 60 damage from poison! New total: 15 ]
    The kalons are victorious over the serpent, but Lis and Reuben are both close to death. But in the distance, Onion sees the health potion he lost! He makes a dash for it and returns.
      [ Lesser Potion of Healing gained! ]

[ Lis and Reuben are both in need of healing! ]
        ▷ Give the potion to Lis
        Give the potion to Reuben
    Reuben’s health is lower and he’s still being highly affected by the poison. Onion makes Reuben drink the potion; Reuben’s head lying in Onion’s lap as he’s made to drink the gross potion is a weird experience for the both of them.
      [ Reuben gains 30 health! New total: 45 ]
    Reuben passes out! On the bright side, Lis awakes. She’s dazed, but her unholy ability to continue forth without any energy (or health) whatsoever helps her back onto her feet. Onion is shocked to see this, but he’s busy tending to Reuben. Though wobbly, Lis wanders over to the deceased serpent. The monster’s body begins to fade, and goes up in streaks of black fog. All that’s left in it’s place is a small gem.

Even slowly dying, Lis pulls off a smirk. She takes the crystal into her hand, and whispers,

”Crystal number two, acquired.”

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
      Scene: End
      [ Final Stats ]
      Onion 』|| 123 hp || 74 energy || 72 hunger || 72 sanity
      Lisbeth 』|| 34 hp || 11 energy || 45 hunger || 72 sanity
      Reuben 』|| 45 hp || 41 energy || 66 hunger || 74 sanity
        + everyone leveled up !
        stay tUn Ed to see WhAT hAPpens nExt on:
        “Onion, Lis, and Reuben MirACulOUsly Survive Despite All Odds: A Series”!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 am

Prompt 8
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [RPG] Kalon Summer Event // Promptsn

Postby lysander » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:42 am

—  e i g h t   —
      s u m m a r y

been out all day, no time aaa

this will be the tale of how the trio locates the missing crystal; it is said to have been embedded in an artifact of ancient lore— a mirror of the ancients, belonging to a powerful mage of the khimeran empire. aided by the boneseer malistra, the trio use their combined skills to wrestle the crystal from the mirror's gem socket. however, the mirror is not any ordinary mirror— it is sentient, and embued with powerful illusory magic. the trio become trapped in a fantasy created by the mirror, with no memory of the reality they left behind. the mirror presents itself in the form of loved ones, past friends, family— those left behind. the trio must choose to abandon their separate dreams and work together to weed out the mirror's sentience and face it head on in order to shatter its illusion. kale pulls the other two through their pasts; having no regrets and living in the moment gives them an advantage over cadence, who lives in the past, and mephis, who is transfixed on the future.

once the mirror has been defeated, the trio aquire the second crystal and plot their next move on their journey— towards the sand dunes of sarkan.

┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ix .

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:43 am

prompt seven: with shiloh auber & valley

shiloh & valley looked up to the open sky, untouched grounds growing purely, a bunny hopped across a patch of dandelions, blowing their seeds into the wind. a few solemn trees loomed against the clouds, in a peaceful way. all around there was the scent of morning dew, in the distance, fire. a fire & smoke from the mountains that took up a vast amount of the enfolding sky. they'd gotten far, far from their village, & their journey was just picking up like a road sicknesses you'd get from a car trip that was a few hours too long. the peace here was overwhelming in a way. they couldn't remember when they'd felt something like this last.

the fish they had been traveling with started their own way, shiloh & valley were alone to travel all by themselves again. together now, it was like they were the only two other kalons existing. a strange, irrational feeling, but one that couldn't be shook.

" so . . . " valley spoke words that suddenly got caught up on the tip of his tongue, he hadn't spoken for a while, not after he & shiloh woke up to begin traveling again, when they noticed a darkness coming into shape above their camp. he cleared his throat. " remember that crystal we found in the village ? "

valley had been keeping a white crystal, one that was cold like wind to the touch, in his coat's pocket. he'd noticed it getting colder & colder as they traveled on, almost to a point of pain where he couldn't keep it in the coat's pocket anymore. this he had all explained to shiloh, & then he pitched the idea that they were supposed to find another one. it was a good idea, shiloh agreed. but the thing was, they had almost left the forest, there wasn't much time while they watched the sky get darker, not because it was getting late, but because of the power of the creatures attacking kalokairi had begun to take over it's general state. they couldn't spend so much time in the forest & risk getting caught in that storm of darkness. so they kept traveling, despite the fact valley was still oddly anxious that there was a crystal they'd skipped over the past few days.

they'd reached the border of the forest. although it wasn't really a forest anymore, more so dust & hot rocks. but in the center of the wasteland, there was a willow tree, roots tangled around it, dark leaves & a quaint glow. a glow ? the coldness of the crystal in valley's pocket faded. they found it.

the tree started to grow though, taller than any other tree the pair had ever seen, over across the sky into the foggy distance. valley didn't hesitate, running off to the willow. he quickly grabbed onto one of the branches that was still lowered against the ground, barely seconds from being lifted into the sky. shiloh wasn't so eager. he had a fear of heights, even looking up to the seemingly endless top of the tree made him sick to his stomach. valley grabbed onto his cape, as usual, pulling him onto the branch with him that as planned, took them closer to the top of the tree. although, the branch was fragile. valley pulled shiloh, still in a shocked state, into the center of the tree. the branch they were standing on moments ago snapped, falling into the midst & below of clouds.

" i can't see the ground. " shiloh had to stop his heart from stopping while he spoke the words, his tone was monotone but still a sense of dread lived on it. " don't look at the ground ! oldest trick in the book, i thought you'd know that one . . . " valley responded back, accidentally quite snarky. his paws slipped while he reached for the branch above, almost sliding down the tree's trunk, although he was saved by shiloh, who smiled at him, though nervous & beginning to guide valley to the top so they wouldn't have to keep on reaching on with their life.

the glow grew bigger, almost blinding. a dark green that tainted the colour of the clouds & sky. it would almost be beautiful, if they weren't so close to falling off the tree. " are those, " shiloh spoke after what felt like hours, eyes tilted towards a strange bright flock in the sky.

" birds ? "

they were birds with white & yellow feathers, long flowing wings, a look of serenity. & then shiloh remembered, this must have been the flock the bird staying in the pond & moonlight & voice never heard like others late the other night was looking for. it wasn't long until the birds came to shiloh & valley's side, motioning for them to trust them, to let them help them.
      flying in the clouds, it was hard to see, especially so close to the lavalands where the smoke started to collide with their views. the birds seemed to know where they were going though, dropping shiloh & valley off into the center point of the tree, where the branches of the willow cradled the crystal in leaves. after jumping off the bird's backs, they coughed from the smoke & clouds caught up in their lungs, perhaps being so high in the sky took a toll on their lack of air, too.

valley reached out his paw for the crystal, glowing in all colours that a forest, if it hadn't been taken over by evil like the one in kalokairi, would look like. it refreshed his mind like someone's first intake of nature they could never remember. everything was green, everything was peaceful once again, just for a moment.

soon, the pair was on the ground again, the flock of birds flew ahead them, into the smoke & warmth of the lavalands. the tree subsided into a small sapling, innocent, as so to begin life again, & then sunk into the ground.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lonk » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 am

prompt 7 | 907 words | roster post | palmer, venita, & rudy

as the party continued to trek through the forest, palmer began to get worried. what if he couldn't find the second crystal? there was obviously nothing on his map about it, and he wasn't familiar with this area of the woods. the light fog covering the path made it hard to see, and while the rain wasn't too bad, it certainly was a distraction.
      rudy and venita continued to battle on the threatening creatures they encountered. they tended to avoid what they could, but some monsters seemed to want to pick a fight. for palmer, this was good. he needed as much time as he could to explore in an attempt of finding the earth crystal.
      "hey, doesn't that thing remind you guys of what we saw on the coast?" rudy pointed in the distance. a small, altarlike structure sat within the trees, almost hidden alongside the path.
      palmer almost fainted. there it was. so close, yet so far... and if the other two got to it first, there'd be trouble. but as the trio of kalons neared the strange place, palmer knew that they wouldn't get to the small, green box without a fight.
      the ground shook violently, birds flying from their trees. the group stood their ground, waiting for whatever was coming for them. "watch out!" venita yelled. "rudy, stay behind me, and palmer, go take cover." and then, it emerged from the earth itself.
      the 'guardian' of the earth crystal was unlike the one of the wind. sure, it was huge, black, and seemed like it could disappear as if it were a trick of the light, but the monster was covered in dark vines and thorns. it roared as it noticed the party, crawling to its feet.
      in the process, the box had flown far from its spot, just like last time. perfect, palmer thought to himself. but first, he'd give his companions a little help.
      rudy held marigold under his arm. "alright little buddy, it's time to go!" the gremlin leapt down and ran toward the giant beast, crawling up the length of its back. rudy always let the small monster do his own thing, so this time was no different.
      vines whipped towards the two kalons in the front, knocking them off their feet. venita pulled herself up, and lunged towards the guardian. with a swing of her sword, she sliced one of the vines, the monster letting out a howl of pain.
      "the vines grow from it," she called back in palmer's direction. "if i can take them all out, this'll be a lot easier. i just need a little help here!"
      palmer was too busy to listen. he rummaged through the tall grass and rocks, feeling around for the box. "yeah, yeah, in a second!" he rolled his eyes. the box had to be here somewhere, right?
      venita was growing impatient as she continued to cut off the monster's numerous whiplike vines. it was hitting her pretty hard, though, and there was only so much rudy could do. as he played one of his dinky songs on his lute, venita's blood boiled. the two boys knew how to get on her nerves, that's for sure. but how long did it take for palmer to cast a simple spell?
      he spotted the box from a few feet away, its shining green sides brighter than the grass. as he carefully opened the lid, it was in there- the earth crystal. it wasn't as magnificent as the wind crystal, in his eyes, but its warmth was a beauty to behold. palmer slid it into the same pouch as the other one, shoved the box into his bag. it contained a few other pretty treasures, so his companions would be fine.
      rudy let out a groan, and palmer raced back to the scene. "c'mon, dude, we need you!" the monster was now vineless, as venita had sliced them all off, but now, it was furious. it kicked and swung at the two kalons, rudy attempting to heal as marigold scratched and bit at the monster. "venita did all she could- she can't get too close!"
      palmer sighed. he was a powerful mage, and could end the fight quickly, but how much info did he want them to have...? he figured he'd start things off slow. with concentration and a quick flick of the wrist, a small ball of fire was sent flaming past the monster.
      it turned around, looking to see it pass. thankfully, most creatures of the shadows weren't too smart. venita gave palmer a dirty look. "nice aim," she yelled back at him, running up to the monster and slashing at its back. as soon as it began to turn, she bolted.
      however, it seemed the guardian didn't anticipate being hit with a ball of fire twice the size as the distraction. it screamed as the fire hit it, almost melting the beast into the ground. the dark mass that once stood now evaporated from sight, leaving nothing behind.
      well, except for the box, which palmer pulled from his bag. "i snagged this. looks like we'll be finding some of this after every toughie we fight, huh?" he smiled, handing the box to rudy, whose eyes glittered as he got a peek of the contents inside. venita let out a huff, but seemed pleased of her reward.
      palmer smiled the widest of the three, though. two crystals down, two to go.
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[prompt 8]

Postby Mima » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:47 am

It was another altar.

Neither had been searching for it, but they sure had found it. Wandering aimlessly seemed to be working out great for them, which Furin immediately pointed out upon catching sight of the glimmering crystal in the distance. The possum, which was formerly asleep on his back, clicked out some reply in whatever language possums spoke. Probably just because it didn't want to be awake.

Nameless's slow pace towards it was certainly warranted, but that didn't mean Furin was enjoying it. He had been assigned to sit at the edge of the clearing, keeping guard of his wildlife and the first crystal in case things went wrong. He had taken to picking at his claws, just to keep himself busy.

Approaching the altar, it was clearly decorated in some sort of runes- the speech on it was antiquated, but still legible despite the age. Some sort of magic again. Nameless traced his eyes over each of the sentences, assuring it wasn't some sort of curse to be placed on the one who grabbed the crystal. Not that Furin hadn't, y'know, done the exact same thing earlier and caused chaos.

"to those who enter the forest,
      in search of glory or gold,
      in search of gems or grandeur,
      you will see no rest.
      the shadows of this land,
      they do not comfort the weary.
      leave as quickly as you came."

Ugh. He hated ancient curses. Ancient curses that messed with his brain and gave him nightmares were even worse.

Sure, he'd leave. But not empty handed.

Nameless snatched the crystal in one fluid movement, bounding off seconds before the thorny shadows grasped him as they consumed the altar. Thank god, Furin was at least conscious enough to leap up when this happened and do his best at following the black and neon Kalon into the thicker underbrush. Couldn't he have, like, given a signal? Shouted, maybe? This was just not very helpful.

The possum growled angrily and clicked as it was roused once again by the bumpy ride it was treated to on Furin's back.

[347 words]

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me