Based on Click to view
Artist Crocodile-God [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the Hammerhead Rune

Postby Crocodile-God » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Hammerhead Rune

Ooooh boy! Seems the newest of my family, Bane has fished this guy out of Eldemore's ocean. Good thing i snatched him before she decided to make him her new chew toy. Bad Bane! *sigh* Anyway, this is a Hammerhead rune. The swim and thrive in mainly Eldemore's Oceans but have also been known to be found in rivers and creeks. These water dwelling runes glide along the bottom, using their large eyes and snout to feel along the sand. The bulbs at the end of their nose help then sense vibrations under the sand and the slits pick up scent trails. Their skin comes in deep ocean blue to pale sky and is very sensitive to heat and sunlight. The skin is also a tool, able to sense changes in water temperature and disturbances within a 10 ft radius. These runes can't stay out of the water for very long and will require adequate living space in a water filled environment. Personality wise, Hammerheads are shy and docile, preferring to stay out of trouble in order to avoid injury. This young one is up for adoption since Bane tore his fins a little...Bade Krogan!

RULES:

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Form:

Owner Name:
(Your Username goes here)
Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Judging Dec. 4th
Crocodile-God

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the Hammerhead Rune

Postby .Survivor. » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Owner Name:
Serenaded By Angels
Name:
Maccabeus (it means hammer)
Personality:
Cute and cuddly....or as cuddly as a shark can be..lol
Why do you wish to have him/her:
Because he is different. I'm different. I've been stalkig these for quiet a while and have tried for only a few. But none really stood out to me as much as this guy. He is unique and I like that.
Where will you keep him/her:
In my siggy and Charrie thread!
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes
Any Quirks:
He has the habit of swimming upside down in swimming pools...he tends to go to movies (especially the Jaws Series) and creep through the rows of seats, scaring people as the theme song comes on. He also tends to sleep standing on his head. (Although I believe real hammerheads do not sleep...)
Other:
He doesn't like hammers for some odd reason...
Last edited by .Survivor. on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sphye » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow. Impressive.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashenjay » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:37 pm

AWESOME.
Dracos, the way you shaded and colored is just hnng beautiful <33
I envy your skills ;A;

~*~
My name is Jack Frost.

I love being on my own.

No rules.
No responsibility.
It's as good as it sounds.
~*~

Ashenjay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 am

Owner Name:
Amxen no.XV
:Amxen and Rin:
I am Amxen Falark,and this is my sister Rinkumay Falark.We are the Rune Bearer Sisters.

Name:
Aemalse
:Female?:
Yes,Im a girl.Is that a problem?'Cause I can rip you to shreds.

Personality:
:The Shy Killer:
Aemalse is...Ummmm...Strange in some ways.She dosent eat fish or meet,wich is strange 'cause...Umm yeah...She is a shark!Anyway,insteed of eating meet,she eats seaweed.She has a fear of the ocean,strange because she lives in it.She said its because of a force that causes huge waves that force her onto land.She hates sand,but she loves shells.My sister Rin made her a seashell Wayfinder,to help Aemalse on her adventures.Her favorit thing to watch is the sunset over the sea.Her favorit ice cream flavor is Sea Salt,because it reminds her of the ocean.

Why Do You Wish To Have Her:
Okay,okay....Let me calm down first...Ahem...
Are you kidding me!Its a Hammerhead Shark Rune!Thats my favorit shark in the world.Making it into a Rune dragon...Now thats awsome!Sorry about that...I just really love Hammerhead sharks.
Where Will You Keep Her:
In my sig with Neoark.
Would You Like To Breed Her In The Future:
Yes
Any Quirks:
Aemalse has the habbit of filling the bathtub with saltwater and seaweed.She enjoys doing this and she always jumps into the tub with me when I take a bath.It is not fun,but Aemalse dosent eat meet so Im okay.Still,it is very creepy to swim with a shark.I find this very weird,but she shares Neoark's love of glowsticks.She dosent eat them,she just plays with them in the water.
Other:
:An Encounter With Demyx:
It is a legand that a man by the name of Demyx had become the God of Water.It is said that he swimmes in the ocean,hidden from the humans.He picked the name Demyx for an unknown reson,and no one knows his true name.Still,it seems that is has stopped raining,and I fear Demyx may be in trobel.

Neoark flew ahead of Amxen.Amxen chased after him. "Wait Neoark!You dont know how to sail a boat!" Amxen yelled as she ran after him.As she got closer to the sail boat,she could see Neoark pushing it into the ocean.Amxen managed to get Neoark away from the boat. "Now Neoark,we cant just go sailling away into the ocean and expect to find Demyx." Neoark sighed. 'I know,but I wanna siphon his power.' Amxen sighed. "The Water God Demyx is not a Rune,Neoark." Neoark pouted. 'I wish he was a Rune.' Amxen put Neoark in the boat.She used her staff to push the boat into the water.Soon,the land looked like an island,far away in the distance.Amxen dropped so sandbags into the that to ancure the boat down.She gazed out into the blue sea. "Alright,Neoark.You need to find that Water God." Neoark nodded,but then he let out a loud sigh. 'Ummmm,how am I going to find him.I cant swim! Amxen picked up Neoark and she put him in a cage. "Who said anything about swimming?" Amxen cast a spell on the cage.Then,she tied a rope to it and threw it in the water.At first,Neoark was worried.Then,he relized that he could breath.He could also see clearly under the water.He looked around,looking for the Water God Demyx.He saw a dark shadow,and he paniced. 'Amxen,its a shark!!Get me out of her!!!' The shark swimmed closer,and it was clear to Neoark that the shark was half human.It was a man,not to old though.He stared at Neoark. "Are you from the surface?Its me!The God of Water...Demyx!" Neoark was stunned. 'You're Demyx!Your awsome man!' Demyx smiled. "Yes,Im quite famous.So,is your human up there?" Demyx pointed to the sail boat.Neoark nodded. 'Yeah.We were looking for you.Where we live,it has stoped raining.' Demyx sighed. "Oh,I am truly sorry.Something...Has happened down here." Demyx whistled,and a Hammerhead Shark came swimming up to Neoark.Neoark screamed,but then he saw it was a normal Rune Dragon. "Aemalse,be nice.Dont worry,she dosent eat meet." Neoark stared at Aemalse.Her head was so weird,so Neoark poked her nose.She just sat there,swishing her tail back and forth. 'Hello.' Aemalse finaly said.Neoark was stunned.For a shark,Aemalse had a beautiful voise. "Would you mind taking her with you?She is the reson I havent been creating rain." Neoark nodded.He grabbed Aemalse's tail. 'Amxen,pull up the cage!' Yelled Neoark.Amxen quickly pulled up the cage.Neoark threw Aemalse onto the boat.Amxen screamed. "A shark!?" Neoark climbed out of the cage. 'Yup,but dont worry.Aemalse dosent eat meet.' Amxen looked at Neoark. "Aemalse?You named this Rune yourself?" Neoark shook his head. 'No,thats what Demyx named her.' Amxen gasped. "Demyx!You met him!?" Neoark nodded. 'Yeah,but he is gone.' Amxen sighed. "Oh,okay.We should be heading back home now." Aemalse gasped for breath. 'It would be nice...If you helped me!' Amxen tied a string around Aemalse's neck.She placed her in the water behind the boat.Aemalse studdied the strange glowing objects under the boat. 'What are thoses?' She asked,pointing to the strange glowing thing.Amxen looked into the water. "Oh,those are glowstcks.They are Neoark's,so dont eat them." Aemalse stared at the glowsticks.She peeled one of the bottom of the boat,and she played with it.Soon,it started raining.Large waves made it impossibul to see where land was.Aemalse yelled. 'I have always feared the ocean!!!!!!!' Then,a large wave lifted up the boat,and crashed it into an island.
:Amxen Notes:
It turns out we crashed on an island,far away from where we live.I awoke today,not knowing what had happened...Or how I got here.My boat was destroyed,and I dont think I can make another one.My Runes,Neoark and Aemalse,remane in a deep sleep.I fear that we may remain here forever.I know this was Demyx's doing,and he will pay for his mistake.Now I know,Demyx is an evil Water God,and he is planing something.He gave me Aemalse for a reson,a reson that remains unknown.

Sorry,I think I made the story to long already.Wanna know how it ends?Well,next time I try out for a water-based Rune,you will know.

:Likes:
:Food:
Seaweed
:Song:
Under The Sea
:Game:
Hind and go BOOM
:Movie:
Spirited Away
:Person:
Neoark
:Thing:
Seashell Wayfinder
:Junk Food:
Sea-Salt Ice Cream

:Dislikes:
:Food:
Fish and meet
:Song:
None
:Game:
Sink or Swim
:Movie:
None
:Person:
Demyx
:Thing:
The ocean
:Junk Food:
None
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 am, edited 12 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ραяαησямαℓ єηтιтιєѕ » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 am

LOL this guy made me crack up. He is realy cute, and funny. :3
ραяαησямαℓ єηтιтιєѕ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azure23 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:20 am

[Awww...he's adorable. :3 Good job Dracos. ^^]
Eldemore.com! wrote:Image
Azure23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 am

I love this guy <333 I'll enter if I have time <3
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 am

Meeting: Me
Name:
Sence it fit when I decided to name him Mano.
Mano \m(a)-no\ as a boy's name is pronounced MAH-no. It is of Hawaiian origin, and the meaning of Mano is "shark". Figuratively, a passionate lover. Sence it fit him wonderfully, and where I found him the idea fit to go find a perfect name that would stay with his life, his personality, and the truth behide his beast cover. So in the end his name is Mano, and for a nickname he doesn't mind Manny.

__

Under : My: Skin
Personality:
Curious
Mano to start with is a very curious dragon. His constant disappearing, and finding odd objects along to floor are just a few of the odd ways of his mind. At times, he doesn't mind even watching the food get made, or giving in the taste when he is just too wandering in his thoughts to stop him. To myself I do enjoy it, but for his odd little shark its kind of cute even if he does tend to get the place messy in result.
Caring
Another thing Mano is, he is very caring. Even when we first met Mano was somewhat of a caring shark then the rest fo his bigger bad brothers that roamed the ocean floor. I was glad he owned this trait, and his name even did decide it, but more so I think he has that deep down heart that can't help caring for others despite himself. He has been shown days after the story to be caring even towards Crowley, and sometimes help him find fish, since it's his favorite. I like this trait, and hope it stays as he grows.
Brave
Second thing about Mano is he is very brave. Mano is very little shark when it comes to facing danger, and to me he will go up against anything for others he cares about or helps out. He doesn't seem to be growing out of it anytime soon, and is very stubborn as well so it seems he will be a brave soul.
Shy At First
Lastly, is at first he is a shy fellow. He can be protective of others, but when meeting them he is the shy shark to not really get into conversation well or want to talk at first. You have to meet him long to get him to speak, but once you break though he is very much the different shark.

_____
Quirks:
-Enjoys Painting
-Loves Christmas Movies
-Playing Shark Pranks
-Listening to Music
-Staring at Fish Tanks

_____
Likes and Dislikes:
-Enjoys Rain
-Hearing Paino Music
-With Other Runes
-Helping
-Christmas
-Books
-Music
-Art
-Thunderstorms
-Sleeping

-Doesn't like Great White Sharks
-Doesn't like Hot Summer Days
-" " Waking up
- Shoe stores
-Love Movies
-Horses
-Alligators

Adoption: Form
What Drew me to this Dragon? :
Oh, when I first seen him he drew me like I was hooked. I couldn't help myself for trying for him, because everything about him was just so interesting to me. I loved the concept from the start. Hammerheads to me are the best sharks out there, and I do love there shy but sneakily way in the water. I even had seen one and to me I like them a whole lot more than great white sharks any day. Second, was the way he was given in the story. When you wrote it I got the great idea for his meeting, and I think it came though well enough that even in his base storyline he was such a great match to my first given rune Crowley. Lastly was the different odd feel he gave off once you look at him. To me, there is so many creatures, and ideas out there that are so different its special. This dragon is one. I mean to me only a few dragons could have a fin, look the way he does, and have the description he might have. Only a few. I want to own him for his difference, the mystery, the idea, and the way he is in the rune dragon land. He is one in many runes, yet to me is special that is unlike any other.
Will he be bred? :
I think he needs a girl to love, and have other little sharks like him that will fill up the shark lovers with more cuteness. So of course, yet it will be hard for him to find the right girl for him.
Where will he live? :
Well, Crowley is thinking about giving him a pool room with a water-bed, made of water, or perhaps move our house, but he will be resting on my character thread with Crowley next door. He will not be lost in forms sence I will be giving him a collar if he does.
The Story of how you found him?:
For a somewhat as I walked against the tiny planks with my boots clicking I looked over towards the sea with slight wonder as the ship slowly pushed though the turning waves towards Hawaii. I got word a while ago by a via-email from a friend that it was said a rune that looked like a shark lived around these parts with several more dangerous kinds of them swimming around. I was told to be careful or to not go, but with my desire for a new adventure I packed my stuff in two days to grab the nearest ticket to the lovely island.
Now inside my eyes as the island came into view Crowley sighed lightly against my shoulder, that from his black feathers was warming.
Oddly, this seems like a fun trip, I mean swimming, no snow, I am all for it. At times for his silent mind talks I have to be careful not to seem crazy by talking the wind, but with most of the people at the front deck for the sights I could let a few words slip as I watched the turning waves below with wonder. "Right, but we have to go diving soon for that new rune so I hope your ready for a swim," I told with a laugh that only made Crowley grumble at the thought.
I couldn't help myself to look out towards the island for minutes on end as it came closer to the boat, but with the morning hungry driving me away I couldn't help but leave the sight to head down into the main deck halls to find the dining room with food. The smell down in the dining room was rumbling my belly as the places was barely full with only a few people down here then on the deck. Yet, to me I wanted to eat and so did Crowley who's belly rumbled against my shoulder. Yet, just as I reached down for the food the ship begins to shake. It was a strange sound like paper ripping, but much larger than that. The vibration ripples against my feet, and others can feel it to as the ship shudders in odd fear. I stand still for a moment, even the others inside do to before a large bump rattles the things inside as the ship jerks forward to send me from my feet, Crowley onto the floor, and others off their chairs. That was when I hear it though, the large wailing siren as the captain yells onboard the ship crashed into a rock bed by an unknown creature, somewhat like a big body yet it must have been watching us all along once we set off to the island. His voice cut off as I raced to get on deck, but already to ship's cut of metal made it sink almost down into the water by the attack. Crowley flying beside me looks over at the water and shakes his feather slightly before landing against my head with a shudder. Fear? People around me are yelling, screaming, trying to know what happened, but that's not till another smash in the front sends the boat tipping upwards into the air. Their was nothing for me to hold onto, but falling against the cold railing was more like it till the boat came smashing down onto the water again.
I looked back down at the water that was turning with a black skin that coiled against the waves, and no sooner had I got my balance that another rock slammed against the ship that sent me overboard into the water below. ~

I felt the water on my skin as it crashed against my with waves of blue. Looking down it was black as a body moved though the water, but I was more nervous as the boat began to turn from the island in trying to get away from the beast watching over the shores, and even Crowley who flapped above my head was nervous of this as well. I couldn't yell, scream, or call out from them to stop by many others doing so, but I felt afraid to be here alone as the boat soon turned away towards the right away from the island, and the beast seeing so left it alone form capsizing now that it had left. I was alone in the waters. As my body stayed afloat int the turning waves Crowley flew above my head with his gaze filled with the blue ocean in the reflection of his eyes. He seemed more afraid to land on me, but I didn't bug him so much as the water pulled me father out of the island's view ever so often.
An hour later I felt something rub gently against my foot with its slick body gliding against the shoe. Crowley was gone, heading back to the island I guessed, but the beats was below me now. It was black, and its fin rose up from the water as it circled me with its fin trapping me in a ring of nowhere to swim to. Even my arms where tired so it was no use trying to swim when this beast nearly crashed into the boat before, so it seemed useless. I watched as its eyes looked up towards me with a yellow golden like color, but as soon as it looked at me it turned its gaze away to see another black shadow speed up from the water with its fin sticking out before slamming straight into the sharks side. The shark came form the water in the form of a great white shark with white glittering teeth though not the big monster the boat tipped before. Oddly. The hammerhead sunk back into the water with the hark following its attacker, but me curious to the hammerhead I took in a breath before diving under to open my eyes to see the shark. The hammerhead clearly was at a disadvantage with its small body, weak head butting, and thin frame. Yet, had speed over the shark wings as well, fins even, and acting brave in the face of danger as well got me to almost think it was helping me from the great white. With a sudden twist the hammerhead missed a turn to get the tail of the great white nick his wing with a bit of pain seen on its face as he turned again from the sharks teeth. His wing once full was now cut a bit in some places from the tail, but other than the bit of pain it seemed otherwise unharmed.
The shark due lasted a few more seconds with the hammerhead turning away from teeth, and the great white missing most of the time with only its tail hitting the attacker at times to form nicks on its fin, and tail fin. With its strength of swimming decreasing the hammerhead dashed towards me before sliding under my body to let me ride him in a sort of horse-like manner with my legs wrapping against his body as he swam. I could see both fins poking out of the water as he raced towards the shore, but the worse thing was with my weight the great white shark was catching up with a desire to protect its land flaming in its eyes.
Leaning against its slick back I could feel its body pushing back the water as it swam fast though the oncoming waves. The shark behide us was breathing on our backs as the fin appeared from the water, yet I hoped with any luck the hammerhead might have a trick to get this beast of our backs. Below me his voice yelled against the waves that crashed against his mouth, "I would fly, but your weight won't allow me," he spoke as he dodged another tail bite that came from the shark. I understood his answer. His wings now that I seen them looked small, weak, and not good enough in strength if he tried to fly upward now with me as weight. In moments, the shark would be upon us both with this rune's strength giving away.
--
Just as the great white came in for his attack the water under us turned with the same beast before that attacked the ship. It moved with its slick body before grabbing the shark from under the water just as the great white's nose touched the hammerheads tail fin. I turned to look at the beast disappearing under the black water, but soon in my sight the blackness too faded away to leave only a blue sea as it swam with its lunch. The hammerhead breathed heavy as it swam to shore. Its legs I seem where shaking from the swim, and his chest was enlarging with ever breathe sence he was exhausted. Walking up onto the sand with the shark staying in low shallow water I heard a flap of feathers above my head as a red and black body dove down form the tropical trees. [color=#FF0000]You okay?
Crowley asked with his gaze filled with concern. Who's the rune? He asked in a small threat from the hard breaths I took in. Crowley might have though the shark did something to me, but I held up a hand before he could dive down to attack the poor shark.
"This shark saved me from the a great white, he is good," I said with glance down at the shark who had turned back towards the ocean with his eyes narrowed at the sea blue. "Right?" I questioned. "I help all," he responded. "Well, thanks, I mean it was very brave you came to help, um, whats your name?" I asked him softly. "I own no name, I am not owned by anyone sence all have been pushed away from this place, and I don't think I am right for many," he said softly with sadness edging his voice. "Well, for your love of the place I will call you Mano," I told him with a smile as I pet Crowley softly on my shoulder. "What?" he asked turning to face me with his gaze hard. "Mano, I will call you Mano," I told with a tilt of my head. "Naming me means you will take me as a rune, is that true? You will accept me as a shark, not hate me, or your not scared?" He asked questioned. "Nope, I think you're a sweet rune, and I am not scared," I said with a smile. Mano turned his face up to me with a smile, his face bright even after the attack. "I guess I was right to save you. Thank you," Mano told me with a smile.

Why did I create a story with something a hammerhead might not do?:
I made this to explain the story, to why it the description it was shy, and avoided fights, and here is the answer. Sharks are untold animals, and can do amazing things that are never heard off like launching its body all from the water, or even using other prey to lead back to its home. I think for an example a cheetah might not go up against a lion, but in one video I seen long ago the cheetah mom did. The cheetah stood her ground to let the lion race after her while her kittens ran away. I think that gave me the idea. Mano may have been stupid to try to go against a shark at first, but even like dolphins would do for a human, he did in this story. That is the reason for his actions, and my pick in the action.

[/color]

Any Fan art done?:
SilverWolf Made~ Thank you so much. ^^
Last edited by Vespur on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 14 times in total.

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sweetypie. » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 am

This is so cool!!