just a vent

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

just a vent

Postby anklebitter » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:50 am

Before I start, I am NOT, read that NOT looking for medical advice for my dog.

I had to go to the vet today with my dog, Lilly Ann, She is a Chocolate Labrador. I originally took her for a check-up, I really didn't notice anything wrong with her before. We always joked that she was unable to see well, it was little things, bumping into people, the couch, and missing her food bowl when it was time for her to eat.

The vet was concerned when she looked into her eyes.

She as Essential iris atrophy, which would make sense for a dog that is elder, but lilly is only 2. She is 2 years old and her pupils do not dilate. everything is too bright for her, and the sun one day will render her blind, or it will damage her eyes.

I am heartbroken, I know that this isn't a death sentence but the thought that we laughed at her when the sun literally hurts her eyes so much that she doesnt enjoy being a dog hurts me.

Again i am not looking for advice, im just venting my feelings.
anklebitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: just a vent

Postby hellevi » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:22 am

hi there! i'm so sorry to hear that about your dog -- it's always so heartbreaking when something happens to our pets, even if it's not considered a death sentence. unfortunately, we do not allow vent threads on CS as they can be a harbor for negativity.
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me