What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

fav marvel show

Agents of Shield (AOS)
13%
FATWS/Hawkeye
4%
WV
10%
Daredevil/Punisher/Defenders
16%
Luke Cage/Jessica Jones
3%
Moonknight
28%
Other
27%

Total votes : 101

Re: What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

Postby deadroses. » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:16 pm

deadroses. wrote:up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IHaveHooves » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:26 pm

Currently I am in school for web software development. It's only a two year degree (associate's) but I figured it would be a good starting point because I don't really know what to do with my life. :lol:
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Non-binary, they/them

Curious about the dolls?
Feel free to pm me!

IHaveHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:34 pm

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Regency » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:35 pm

I'm a lifeguard. It's a very easy job that pays minimum wage. I didn't have to save anyone for the whole summer. Recommended for competitive swimmers.
Regency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xeranz » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:13 am

dining server at an assisted living home. i love getting to talk to the old folks, they're so sweet :')

XXXImage
Even small things are magnificent and spectacular

ImageImage ImageImageImageImage Image

Image Image Image Image Image
Xeranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:42 am

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fleabag. » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:04 am

I detail cars! let me tell you I’ve cleaned some NASTY DIRTY CRUSTY cars in my time doing this and I’d say that’s probably the worst part. I’m pretty good at dealing with gross dirty things as long as they don’t smell haha that’s really the only time I get a little queasy. It can be quite satisfying after seeing the finished product and i pride myself on basically being able to turn water into wine lol. The pay is alright, it varies between dealership/detail shop. The way i get paid is basically commission (called flat-rate) and the amount of hours you get is based on what job you have to do on a car. full detail pays me 3.5 hours regardless on how long i take on the car that being said there’s pros and cons. If it takes me less than 3 hours to clean a car i still get paid for 3.5 hours regardless but if i take longer then that I’m losing money/time. That’s nice because you have the opportunity to make a lot of money but to do that it takes a little butt busting ya know? Being paid hourly you get paid for just being there but with the way i get paid i actually have to work if i wanna make some money. I guess another con would be burnout but i think that’s just more of a me thing. I would definitely recommend this job for young adults as it’s entry level and if you truly enjoy it you’re able to make a career out of it, although i don’t think i want to detail cars for the rest of my life but i would definitely recommend for a younger person trying to explore different career paths. Feel free to PM me if you wanna hear about some of the gross stuff I’ve found in cars, I’d rather not share here in fear that I’ll get smited by the chicken smoothie gods. Thanks for reading y’all and i hope everyone has a wonderful day :>

aries ♈︎ | she/her | flea
    ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage

The world is your exercise-book, the pages on which you do your sums.
    It is not reality, although you can express reality there if you wish.
    You are also free to write nonsense, or lies, or to tear the pages.

trade | | 𖤓 | 🇵🇸
Fleabag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soraxroxas » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:47 am

I have a part-time IT job where i sanitize data of discarded PC's/laptops from our clients. I also test and grade said systems for the second hand markt.

On the thursday i help whitin my organization with various IT tasks, or do research on sudden gadgets/apps/software that might be usefull for our organization.
soraxroxas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tanjiro » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:21 am

@deadroses. - ooo another economics major! :DD Do you plan on going to grad school or exploring career options with that? Economics was really fun (I also wanted to pick up a minor in anthro but didn't have the time for it), but I haven't been able to find career options for it yet. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Currently working as a data analyst! I graduated in computer science & economics, though it was a pretty bad time to graduate given the tech market. (It still is SADGEEE)
    I had some software internship experience, but I didn't take my courses as seriously as I should've (that paired with some serious imposter syndrome). This came back to kick me in the butt when I had to do technical interviews (aka interview code tests), & I failed some pretty basic ones... I would be lying if I said I didn't struggle & have some serious doubts in my capabilities during this time. I HATED cs at the time but I eventually moved to a state in the US where everyone in their mamas are techbros so I was like dang... I gotta get my act together.

I spent a whole year just doing Leetcode everyday (Pro tip to newgrads: do Leetcode every day even if it pains you), making projects, & racking up 1000+ rejections. A good thing to come from this is I made a bunch of new friends who were on the same struggle boat w/ me LOL. I somehow got REALLY lucky & got my foot in the door in a big tech company that I never thought I'd get into. Given that I'm contracted, so I still have to work hard to become a direct employee. I nearly peed myself when I first came to the campus. They have cafes & multiple "restaurants" on campus & I didn't have to pay a cent! (I mean I do pay w/ my blood sweat & tears ah ha). Coworkers are all really cool here (albeit stressed out). I have a lot more time than the software engineers so I occasionally pick up some freelance web building work. It's not work that I particularly love doing but the environment + having goals makes it more fulfilling.
#1 Kimi fan
Tanjiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:17 am

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me