What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

fav marvel show

Agents of Shield (AOS)
13%
FATWS/Hawkeye
4%
WV
10%
Daredevil/Punisher/Defenders
16%
Luke Cage/Jessica Jones
3%
Moonknight
28%
Other
27%

Total votes : 101

Re: What is Your Current Job? (Or volunteer position)

Postby huskyhiccups » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 pm

I work at an outpatient/residential mental health rehabilitation facility. It's difficult to explain exactly what we are. It's sort of like a halfway house but for mental health? We have 15 beds, and people can stay for 10 days (crisis) or 90 days (long-term, intensive care). I'm a full-time overnight rehab worker currently, but I am interested in possibly working my way up to mental health practitioner. I've been at this job for a year now, and I am extremely passionate about it. I absolutely love what I do! ❤️

Before this job, I was a security guard for four years. I loved it, but I did not like the company, my coworkers, and my leader/manager. It was a very toxic environment.
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:02 am

I am a cashier

before that i worked in food service for eight years
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:35 pm

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladydarkwolf » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:23 pm

Right now I'm unable to work because I can't stand up or walk much at all currently because I have a destroyed left knee that in 3 weeks will be getting a total knee replacement and a deteriorating right hip that will need replacing in 7 months, then in a year I'll be having my right shoulder worked on to see if I can get range of motion back in it. But I've worked in a factory that made extension cords, and I've worked in the food service industry. I used to volunteer at a local animal shelter working with the dogs to help them get adopted quicker.
Ladydarkwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deadroses. » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:12 am

up
FREE PALESTINE

intj Image
F1, noah kahan, camus, hozier, AM, grishaverse, marvel AOS, young royals, p!@td, palaye royale
Image Image
deadroses.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:50 pm

I'm a professional dog groomer. Started off as a bather and receptionist in 2019 and worked up to full body haircuts in late 2020. Went through schooling at work (uploading photos of my work to be graded and etc) and became certified. Have attended multiple grooming seminars from world known master groomers and was lucky(?) enough to get stuck crammed in a basement with famous groomers at PetQuest two years ago when a tornado touched down outside of the convention center. ':)

It's a great career. I started off thinking it would be an easy job with low pay that I would leave fairly quickly, but ended up being my dream job. It's definitely not easy, but the pay is nice and I genuinely enjoy what I'm doing so much so that I left both the rescue and veterinary fields for it. I get paid more than a vet tech without some of the... not so great things they have to deal with. Physically though, grooming is extremely hard on the body and I have to be careful if I want to do this for the lifelong run. I have a plethora of joint and muscle issues and arthritis in my fingers. That being said, I'm a power groomer so I do 10 or more dogs a day of all sizes and temperaments. As I get older I want to limit my clientele and cut back on hours. I'd like to retire from a cute lil shop of my own when I'm old. c:
ImageImageStandard Poodle Mom Image Pro Dog Groomer Image Engaged Image Image
arcticwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anya-chan » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:23 am

I have a master's degree in Text Editing.
I'm currently working full-time as a freelance proofreader for some publishing houses in my country.
Reading was always my main hobbie, so I studied to turn it into my career. Now I just spend all my days correcting books to ensure they become the best possible :D
Anya-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby p-dog » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:42 am

i work part-time at a petrol station which is fine for now; decent money for what it is and hours work well with my uni timetable! currently studying animal and environmental bio and i have no idea what i want to do once i (hopefully) get my degree. i hear about more and more possible careers i could get into but none especially appeal to me. hoping something is gonna catch my eye sooner or later but for now i'm just enjoying the financial benefits of being a student lol
p-dog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moontower » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:10 am

Moontower wrote:I work in a library! entering my last year of college as a history major, and then I intend on going to a public college in the state for my master's in Library Science.

I STILL work in a library lol. When this post was made I worked part-time, now I work fulltime (same system, different branch.) It's a great job. Rarely boring and surprisingly unrepetitive. I graduated last summer (actually to the exact day the original post was made. Aug 5.) Have not started my master's yet, but considering starting it next fall. So it's been a crazy year and a half (also almost to the day!)
♕ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♕
music
misty mountains
backyard
you're smilin (but i
don't believe you)

movies/shows ♡
the hobbit/lotr
criminal minds!
the good place
i don't feel at home
in this world anymore
𝘍𝘰𝘭𝘬 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵
𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 [𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴], 𝘶𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺
𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘺.
𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴, 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘴, 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯’𝘵.
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘥, 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯’𝘵
𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺’𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦
𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯."
-Samwise Gamgee

Moontower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JustifiedAngel » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:12 am

Federal officer
JustifiedAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me