Where do you draw the line?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Where do you draw the line?

Postby GAIRENTH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:15 am

I usually just limit myself to bird meat. Very rarely do I eat meat from a cow, pig, etc. Meat from birds just taste better and seems cleaner.
I think it's okay for people to eat meat, and it's okay for others to not.
My grandparents raise their own cows for milk and meat, and I think that's quite okay. They take really good care of them so at least they have a good life before their time comes.
I personally just don't eat a lot of meat because it just does appeal to me much. I like a little bit of chicken on my salad or a few cuts of Turkey on my sandwich every so often and that's about it.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maplefire309 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 am

My family has a couple chickens, about 20 or so, including roosters. We've both incubated, hatched, and butchered them, and I've definitely eaten them! Honestly, it doesn't bug me they were once the tiny fluffballs in my basement.

I will eat almost anything except pets and endangered species. I would never think of eating my dog or my cats.
Maplefire309

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:36 am

I don't think I would be comfortable eating a dog or a cat or a horse in any nonemergency situation since I've grown up around these animals and can just feel their personalities even though I might not know the animals. Even if it was an emergency I'd feel really upset eating a cat or dog.
Also I'd probably never want to eat raccoon or fox or jackrabbit or coyote, mainly because they're disease carriers and haven't been vaccinated for human safety.
Mainly anything raised to be eaten like pigs, cattle, fowls, I enjoy eating.

I know that this varies widly from country and religion and I think that's perfectly alright, as long as no one is trying to force anyone else to eat something they're not comfortable with.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stag » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:47 pm

i think some things are okay to eat, like chicken, cow, pigs, things raised on farms to eat. but things like dogs, or rodents, i don't see as 'right.' but then again, that's just how i was raised, and it depends on country / diversity. i think people can do what they want, just so long as they never /hurt/ the animal they choose to eat.
xxxx S T A Gx/ L U X

xxrat and bone lover •ᴗ• he/they, nblw
xxcs rat collection complete 12.26.22 ♡
xxImage Image Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx

xxx3.9.21 ♡ | pixel | vermin#7777 | ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXxx
stag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhodalite » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 am

I would not eat dolphins, octopi, humans, and monkeys.
Rhodalite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 am

Never humans. Gross.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Never humans. Gross.

I don't think any decent person would be able to cannibalize. But, if it's a life-or-death situation, would you?
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriaHayes » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:51 am

I don't eat meat of any kind, and am trying to cut out dairy and eggs as well.
AriaHayes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siskiy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 pm

I’m a vegetarian so I don’t think eating any animals is morally good unless they were already dead (or soon to be) from natural causes. I wouldn’t say no to cannibalism either in this case because from my point of view meat is just meat no matter where it comes from (as long as the person would be ok with it of course).

I don’t shame people who do eat meat though, I understand that it can be really hard or even impossible for some people due to health issues, money, or just because it’s plain hard to change your diet. Not eating meat is just my personal choice.
Siskiy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:04 pm

MedicatedBerry wrote:
I usually just limit myself to bird meat. Very rarely do I eat meat from a cow, pig, etc. Meat from birds just taste better and seems cleaner.
I think it's okay for people to eat meat, and it's okay for others to not.
My grandparents raise their own cows for milk and meat, and I think that's quite okay. They take really good care of them so at least they have a good life before their time comes.
I personally just don't eat a lot of meat because it just does appeal to me much. I like a little bit of chicken on my salad or a few cuts of Turkey on my sandwich every so often and that's about it.

unless you eat the wrong kind of bird, like vultures
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me