Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby olivionary » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:51 am

I am currently in the process of stocking my two aquaria, but I am seeking some ideas and bouncing them with some other people.

My 4ft, approximately 340 litres, is reasonably well planted, but they are still growing in. It currently houses 6 Drapefin Barbs and an unknown number of Wild Cherry Shrimp.
    My plan for it is to have approximately 18 Drapefin Barbs, 18 either Cherry Barb or Golden Pencil Fish, 12 Pygmy Corydoras and 6 Ottocinclus. I'm currently stumped on what to consider as a feature fish, whether to leave it as is or to add another shoal. Some thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My 60l is also freshly set up and is gradually being planted up, including some Pothos that I'm going to grow up the wall of the shelving unit it is sat inside of. I am considering 3 Ottocinclus, 6 Albino Pygmy Corydoras, a shoal of nano fish and some form of feature fish. Though I am also thinking about Brown Spiketail Paradise Fish and Sparkling Gourami. Vietnamese Cardinals or White Cloud Mountain Minnows are my top shoaling pick for this tank.
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:50 am

I currently own 3 goldfish and one male veiltail beta!

Make that 5 goldfish, 1 beta and one snail!
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucrecia0311 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm

Username: Lucrecia0311
How many fish tanks do you have:
6! A 75g, a 10hg, and four 5g’s!

Types of fish that you have: I have a rainbow shark, an Asian bumblebee catfish, and 5 betta fish!

Your fishs' names:

Rainbow Shark: Lenny
Bumblebee Catfish: Raider
Beta fish: Clifford, Grimm, Maui, Pearl & Primrose

How long have you had fish: (do not share your age!) I have owned and raised betta fish for 5 years.

Also if you have pictures of you fish we would love to see them! If you have a tank with a lot of fish you are welcome to just put a picture of your tank. If the images are large or you have a lot please post links.
Lucrecia0311

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me