Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby MapleManokit » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:17 am

My corgi has an extremely low tolerance to people doing things she doesn’t like and it annoys me and people try to touch her or do things to her without my permission. I don’t want her to bite anyone because they tried to hug her or pick her up.
She also wasn’t exposed to allot of dogs when she was a puppy so she doesn’t know how to deal with them because she was so skittish and nervous when she was a puppy so we couldn’t take her to parks or anything because we didn’t want to traumatize her by forcing her out of her safe space. So for example if a dog gets in her space and sniffs at her butt she will growl and bark at them, then the owner gives me a disapproving “get away from my dog” if you didn’t want this to happen you should have asked if she was friendly to other dogs not let it waltz around how it pleases.
~* Image *~

Image Image Image
MapleManokit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violet_Hill » Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 am

I have chickens. I love my chickens very much. If you jokingly call my chickens 'dinner' or 'chicken tenders' then we're going to have some problems.
Do not throw my chickens. Yes, they can fly. No, they don't appreciate being thrown through the air.
Do not wander into my yard and feed my chickens. Yes, they like it, but some things are not good for them and if you're the reason they get sick, I am going to get very angry at you.
Do not tell me how to take care of my chickens. I have done a lot of research and I know what I'm doing. Yes, their run should be that big. These are pets, not commercial chickens (and commercial chickens should have more space, anyways, so don't compare them). Just because 'you grew up on a farm' does not mean that you know my chickens better than I do. Husbandry has changed.
Do not pick my younger chickens up by the wings/body. They don't like having their feet dangling. They are small, and you can very easily hurt them.
Do not make loud noises or swipe your hand over their head to scare them. How would you like it if someone did that to you?
Don't make fun of me or call me 'gross' because I plan on getting a pet snake. It's not your choice, and I didn't ask for your opinion.
Don't tell me that a ball python will 'poison' or 'eat' me. Maybe before you make accusations, you should do some research on the animal you're bashing, because a bp can only get about as long as my arm and is non-venomous.
My pets, not yours.
This has been a PSA.
S P A C E D A D
I took my love down to violet hill
There we sat in snow
All that time she was silent still
so if you l o v e me
won't you let me
know

Mako/Violet~she/her~DrMako on Sylestia
Violet_Hill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Fri May 04, 2018 12:47 pm

this is gonna sound so over-protective/defensive but you gotta understand this cat has been through me through everything,,

yall know when that one friend comes over and is lowkey/subtle-y like "i think she likes me better than you! i seem to be her favorite haha" and u just wanna stab them,, like she's new to you okay get off your high horse she's my cat and she sleeps with me, i've raised her since she was a baby and she is not your best friend.
i don't care if the cat likes you more at the moment, if it's true just don't say it, you're going to hurt someone's feelings!! it's only temporary, anyways; most animals are amazingly loyal. it's rude and disrespectful to the owner that's been raising them all their life. especially when they were hanging out with you and now they only come to your house to pet your animal. like, get out tbh
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Treece » Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 pm

They see Phantom and go "Ohhh he looks the Taco Bell Dog!" I don't like that for some reason. Just bothers me.

He's also pretty fearful which we are working on, and apparently a dog backing away from an outstretched hand just isn't a good enough hint that he isn't interested in being pet.
Treece

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Fri May 11, 2018 10:49 am

HipsterCanine wrote:I have this really annoying friend, and is a bit cat obsessed so every time she sees my poor kitty she picks him up and THROWS him! Seriously, I get a bit rough with my kitty when he's being playful or being a bugger, but you don't throw a cat a metre into the air for your own enjoyment! It enrages me. And then she'll constantly handle him whenever he gets a moment to get his balance back and shes at him again! Sometimes I wish I could scream "LEAVE MY CAT ALONE".

I wouldn’t even try not to scream I would throw her in the air and see how she likes it
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yohane<3 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

about seven years ago, my best friend would chase my poor cat around my house until she hid. my friend made the poor cat so nervous when she came and the cat would hide every time she came to my house

»»————- ★ ————-««
he/him. irish-canadian. leo.
‎‎‏‏‎ ‎j-pop. evangelion. love live.
»»————- ★ ————-««
yohane<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SandSpider » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

Ugh I’ve got a Betta named Leo and I did so much research and stuff yet people still tell me his cage is too big and he should be in a bowl (it’s ten gallons) or tap the glass or they’ll feed him even though Berta’s die from overeating and I’m getting him some mollies soon as rank mates because I did tons of research and they get along yet people still tell me Bettas will eat other fish even though they’re not big enough. My dad also is always telling me how to take care of my other pets even though he’s just assuming and I’ve done weeks worth of research before getting them and google it before doing anything new with them.
SandSpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirkas- » Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

This didn't happen with my pet, yet at a shelter. When I was volunteering at my SPCA, I became very close with an american bully mix named Miso. When I moved around the shelter to clean the place, I would always stop by and say hi to Miso through the door. One day, this woman and her children came in and noticed me looking at Miso. She immediately muttered under her breath "You're not old enough to have a dog like that" (yes it was aimed at me because she was right behind me and her kids were looking at other dogs on the other side of the room). Me being an awkward teen, didn't say anything and moved on to start cleaning. That has always annoyed me because she didn't know who I even was? Anyways, Miso did get adopted after summer ended.
┌─────────────────┐

Imagexx

└─────────────────┘
.░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
┏────x𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐔𝐘 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 .────┐
.xxscrEE
.xx
.xx

.xx- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC R E D I T
┖──────────────────────────────────┚
..─── 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓 ───
.░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ .(). ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
.────────────────────────────────────
┏─ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 ─┐

┖──────────────────────────────────┚
┌──────┐

Imagex

└──────┘
Kirkas-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violet_Hill » Fri May 11, 2018 11:42 am

Kirkas- wrote:This didn't happen with my pet, yet at a shelter. When I was volunteering at my SPCA, I became very close with an american bully mix named Miso. When I moved around the shelter to clean the place, I would always stop by and say hi to Miso through the door. One day, this woman and her children came in and noticed me looking at Miso. She immediately muttered under her breath "You're not old enough to have a dog like that" (yes it was aimed at me because she was right behind me and her kids were looking at other dogs on the other side of the room). Me being an awkward teen, didn't say anything and moved on to start cleaning. That has always annoyed me because she didn't know who I even was? Anyways, Miso did get adopted after summer ended.

That is so mean!
S P A C E D A D
I took my love down to violet hill
There we sat in snow
All that time she was silent still
so if you l o v e me
won't you let me
know

Mako/Violet~she/her~DrMako on Sylestia
Violet_Hill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Sat May 19, 2018 7:29 am

Someone, inevitably, usually when I'm swiping through pictures of my chickens on my phone and going on about them like they were my children "[INSERT SIMPLY HILARIOUS COMMENT ABOUT KILLING AND EATING MY BELOVED PETS HERE]"

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me