Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Axolotl_On_A_Plain » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:10 am

When people visit my horse Max, they insist on touching his face, even though I ask them not too before hand. He shows obvious signs that he doesn't like it, pinning his ears back and shying away. Still people continue, so he goes to bite them, but the message still doesn't get across to them! There are only so many times I can tell people no without seeming rude, and its sad because I tell people that he had been abused in the past, which is why he doesn't want his face touched, but that seems to go right past them.
Axolotl_On_A_Plain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:50 pm

I own a rough collie, and it's actually painful the amount of times we've been sitting down and little children took it upon themselves to run up and just hug him screaming 'lassie'. I can't say all children are bad, some young ones actually come up to me slowly and ask me if they can touch him which is absoloutly fine, and I respect their parents who taught them to be like that. I just don't like the little children that completely blank me and throw their arms around his neck and hug him because he's fluffy, he is very good with children despite only being a year and a half and doesn't retaliate, although I can tell he isn't really keen on it because he'll shuffle closer to me and tense up. I'm not too bothered about people stroking him when they ask politely and know how to treat a dog, but then there is always atleast one child that ruins that.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 am

I hate when people set off fireworks in our neighborhood, particularly the loud, illegal ones that scare my cats the most.

people don't really get that pets can be afraid of loud noises or bright lights. when we went to see fireworks yesterday, I was shocked by the number of dogs people were bringing with them. their hearing is much more sensitive than ours is so I can only imagine how painful the noise would be; it hurt my ears and eyes, let alone theirs! watching them pull at their leaches to try to escape the noise was heartbreaking.

one of my cats in particular has had a very bad past involving sounds of explosions. she was shot at as a kitten before being rescued and separated from her mother rather traumatically, so she is deathly afraid of guns and any sort of loud bangs. my dad has an old paintball gun that he's kept in a closet for years, and when she saw it on accident one day while we were getting something else out she immediately bolted upstairs to hide under my bed. she has been traumatized very badly by those events, yet people don't get that and continue to set fireworks off around my house.

we live right next to a school where people set fireworks off annually. every year, they tell people not to do it since it scares ptsd victims, scares pets, and is highly illegal, yet every year my cat ends up panicking and hyperventilating either under my bed or in my arms because of these bangs. my other four are okay with the noise and get used to it after a few fireworks have gone off, but not my poor little middy.

I don't blame her at all for being scared. loud bangs startle me and I don't even suffer from what she does with her forms of ptsd,,,I can't imagine how scary it must be for her. I often wonder if she relives those events from when she was a kitten, and I can hardly stand watching her eyes widen with fear when the bangs begin, her fur fluffing up as she either bolts or clings to me for safety.

it just isn't fair to her, she deserves so much better. it's annoying and I feel hopeless, but there's nothing we can do about it but wait it out.

화성 여성 레즈 감각처리장애 + 광장공포증

hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

나는 네가 자랑스럽다. 계속 최선을 다하거라 ♡

mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoldOutChair » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 am

Don't you just hate it when your trying to get some where in a hurry, and some person you don't even know just runs up to your dog and pets them without asking? It happens to me all the time whether I'm at the vet or taking my dog to her training class, and it drives me crazy.
FoldOutChair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bushy36 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:15 pm

valied wrote:Don't you just hate it when your trying to get some where in a hurry, and some person you don't even know just runs up to your dog and pets them without asking? It happens to me all the time whether I'm at the vet or taking my dog to her training class, and it drives me crazy.

I don't have a dog, but I'm sure if I did this would drive me up a wall. Dogs are living creatures and need space as well. For all you know you could be running up to a just adopted shelter dog who will nip/bite strangers. Then they think it's your fault for them running up and petting your dog without your permisson. No random stranger, its not my fault my pet nipped you because you did something you know was dumb.
Hi everyone! My name is Melodymixer, and I am a little random. I'm a little obsessed with the one form called "Annoying Things People Do With Your Pet(s)
I love dogs, especially my relatives dogs, Oscar and Foxy (he died sadly)
I owe all the pets I have to the pound.. I got all of mine from the Pound.

✞I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞
I do believe in Jesus and God <33
Bushy36

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Bushy36 wrote:
valied wrote:Don't you just hate it when your trying to get some where in a hurry, and some person you don't even know just runs up to your dog and pets them without asking? It happens to me all the time whether I'm at the vet or taking my dog to her training class, and it drives me crazy.

I don't have a dog, but I'm sure if I did this would drive me up a wall. Dogs are living creatures and need space as well. For all you know you could be running up to a just adopted shelter dog who will nip/bite strangers. Then they think it's your fault for them running up and petting your dog without your permisson. No random stranger, its not my fault my pet nipped you because you did something you know was dumb.

Yes! I've heard stories of slightly skittish dogs getting put down because they reacted when some little kid ran up and started pulling on their fur without asking. Sure, little kids don't know any better, but what's a dog supposed to do? Should they just lie there and wait for the kid to stop? No, because they think the kid is attacking, and they try to defend themselves.

The thing that annoys me is when people crowd around pets. Guys, that dog isn't someone's new American Girl Doll; that dog is a sentient being who needs their own space, so please respect that.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sky-born123 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52 pm

sniper, wrote:
    I own a rough collie, and it's actually painful the amount of times we've been sitting down and little children took it upon themselves to run up and just hug him screaming 'lassie'. I can't say all children are bad, some young ones actually come up to me slowly and ask me if they can touch him which is absoloutly fine, and I respect their parents who taught them to be like that. I just don't like the little children that completely blank me and throw their arms around his neck and hug him because he's fluffy, he is very good with children despite only being a year and a half and doesn't retaliate, although I can tell he isn't really keen on it because he'll shuffle closer to me and tense up. I'm not too bothered about people stroking him when they ask politely and know how to treat a dog, but then there is always atleast one child that ruins that.

This happens with my rough collie also! But he doesn't like to be touched on his head/ face, so he try's to move away, and if he can't, then he growls, and then people tell me to train my dog better :/

Edit:

Also when people randomly walk up to Brody (the collie) and say "where's Timothy? Did he fall down the well?" Every. Single. Time. I take him for a walk
*Looking for Summer event items!
including summer event items from the 2015 and 2016 summer events, thank you very much :D
Pet's name: Moof
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Sky-born123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grayce! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:50 pm

People accuse my dog, Korkee, of being aggressive and I have had to put up a fight against my parents to keep him. A friend of the family's son took Korkee out of the shock collar bound (( while he had the shock collar on )) and put the collar on full blast, holding him there. Korkee bit the crud out of the boy to get away because he is a SMALL dog and it HURT HIM BADLY. Everyone understood that time that it was because Korkee was hurt. Well, the boy, (we'll call him Sam) came over a few weeks ago and Korkee attacked him. Everyone got and said we needed to get rid of him. But Korkee only attacked because what Sam did was horrible and he was scared.
Image ImageImage

grayce! / pisces / she/her/ credit
pms are open! always looking for new friends. im an author, ask me about my writing commissions! currently looking for all sorts of trades, just check my profile. let's talk about cartoons and music <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
archive, comms, wishlist
grayce!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flaming Phoenix » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

i have a Dalmatian called Lilly, and it infuriates me when people cannot get the breed right! it's a DALMATIAN for crying out loud, there's a whole movie abut them! they are a very distinct breed of dog, (rehtorical question) can u not c the spots???
Flaming Phoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woospuss » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 am

I had that happen with a dog I was pet sitting! Buddy is a golden retriever (not sure of age) and we were on a walk, we went past a playground with some kids who looked about 10-11 years old, one of the kids reaches over and pats Buddy as we walked past, didn't even ask if he could do that!! Buddy wasn't paying attention to the kids, he was focused on sniffing the ground and walking. I know Buddy is a good dog, would never bite and he lives with a toddler, but I wouldn't know if he would react differently in this situation and suddenly bite this kid!
woospuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me