CaV - Fanclub - V.1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CaV - Fanclub - V.1

Postby Simonpet » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:31 pm

DangerSnek wrote:
    greetings, folks!! I've been seeing this thread pop up a lot in Forum Games and am finally qualified to check it out, so I might be joining y'all in the next few days if I can come up with a good village concept.

Hey hey hey! I'm Simonpet, owner of the game, and I'd like to give you a warm welcome to our litter corner of the world. If you'd like to be a bit more active in the community, we have a Discord server so just PM me and I'll send you the link. Now, there are many names and faces, so I'd like to present you a list of the more notable ones.

My first village is Black Rock Weyrhold, the only peaceful empire around here and one of the few survivors of V1. My second village is Gold and Iron, which is one of the few villages trying to live in the modern age. And by that, I mean they use guns and swords in equal amounts. Because swords are cool. Spookypuff is a fellow mod and her village, Zaffari, is a simple beanbag-and-minidragon-loving village. Hazil is another mod and her village, Mekhanikos, is composed of sad metal and rock people; they're sad because they haven't been touched in two years and totally not for any other reasons.

We can now move on to our players' villages! Arya is one of our longest players and her first village, Cyrrane, is one of the OGs and claims to be a feel-good LOTR-style village with very wholesome people. We'll see how long this lasts. Her second village, Skýja Eyjum, is much younger and more chaotic; it's a sky village where 90% of the population is female and the rest is gay. Cham is another of our oldest members, currently writing for Kanaka Helu, where she embraces her compulsion to make entire stories for every post...and then needing to make said posts in real time, and is writing for the Thestral Society, which is like Harry Potter except actually willing to explore the implications of the setting.

Our middle children from V2 are also wonderful for having stuck around despite everything. w0ah's village, Fenguard, is a loyal and protective herd of centaur-folk in the fen. Don't mess with the centaurs, peeps! Likewise, beware jazz's Carmina Abyssi, a notoriously violent group of underwater folk who hate everyone and each other.

The baby players from V3 are no less dear to us. Kaitō has two villages: Maple Cove, which lives on a cliff (not a cove) and is the world's home to Treesharking, and Black Crystal, a collection of idiots trapped in a magical underground cavern system. Lumos12 also has two villages but her pair couldn't be more different from each other: Serendipity is a 1920s supernatural town while Glenana is, and I quote, the "worldbuilding project from hell". Like many of our newer players, broken also has two villages. Her first, The Unseen (not named after the number of times I forgot to reply to her village), are the biggest human-haters you'll ever see. Anyone else is welcome, though! Her second, Rlung Temple, is a more light-hearted ATLA-inspired floating sky temple. We end the list with sharpie, one of our saner members who has only Ataraxy, composed of strange humans who live on a ringworld. (Go read Larry Niven to understand!)

I hope that this gives you a little insight into our wonderfully crazy community and that you have a fantastic time here.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerSnek » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:39 pm

whoa, thank you for the very insightful welcome!! ^^ I posted my starter, hopefully I can get some crazy worldbuilding in as well <3
Icon by Relicarn!
DangerSnek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Wonderful wonderful!! I’ll be doing replies tomorrow technically today ignore the fact that it’s midnight for me and I look forward to seeing where you go with your village. Worldbuilding is definitely a fun part of the writing. For BRW, I literally have a section dedicated to imports/exports and for G&I, I’ve got lists of the powers that people have. Along with so many other notes. If you ask around, I bet a lot of people would love to tell you more about their worlds.
Status wrote:The end is coming. I can see the
light at the end of the tunnel. It's
almost here!
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:52 am

Hah definitely
I hardly have any written posts for my sky village but I have tons of worldbuilding for it

Ooh remind me to post for Skýja Eyjum before you do replies Simon :eyes:
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DangerSnek » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:59 am

finally gonna get around to making the first post for ForgottenLand!! so excited to be able to work on this <3
Icon by Relicarn!
DangerSnek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:04 am

Arya22 wrote:Hah definitely
I hardly have any written posts for my sky village but I have tons of worldbuilding for it

Ooh remind me to post for Skýja Eyjum before you do replies Simon 👀

You could probably start working on your post today ‘cause I plan on doing CS replies, at the very least.
DangerSnek wrote:
    finally gonna get around to making the first post for ForgottenLand!! so excited to be able to work on this <3

Heck yeah. I’ll read it once I’m done with my math final! And. I’ll read Cyrrane too. Still haven’t read the most recent post whoops.
almost here!

Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:50 am

Since I am absolutely not sure I'll post in time to claim the advent calendar stuff:

I am claiming a sheep, a vial of medicine and 11 days worth of random materials from the advent calendar for Cyrrane!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:54 am

Gonna make a note of what my advent claims are since I post so slowly. DX

BRW
Days 1-6: x12 randomized materials
Days 15-20: x30 servings of food (x2 carrots, x2 large fish, x2 moonflower fruits, x1 small fish, x1 redfruit, x1 wherry)

G&I
Day 7: x1 steel spear
Days 8-13: x12 randomized materials
Day 14: custom villager (Cassandra Lewis, traits pending)
Days 22-24: x6 randomized materials
Day 21: custom villager (Patrick Stark, traits pending)
Day 25: a dog (Mila, black lab)
almost here!

Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookypuff » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:48 pm

okay wack i should probably claim the advent calendar before time runs out soooo:

Zaffari:
Days 1-6: x12 materials
Day 7: Custom Villager
Days 15-20: x12 materials
Day 21: custom villager
days 22-24: x15 servings (five trouts, ten passionfruits)
day 25: minidragon!!
───────✘✘✘
Spooky | She/They
I like rhythm games!

link - link - song──--
spookypuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CAV Mod Search 2022

Postby Simonpet » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:25 am

Heya everyone! In light of Wolfypoof's recent retirement, we've decided that it's time for another mod trial. This one's being done a little differently from last time, to make sure that the prospective mods know what they're getting into. We're also asking for trial villages--people who wouldn't mind being responded to by the trial mods. Once we receive the applications, there will be a couple days of downtime to partner trial mods with trial villages. The trial period will last for two weeks (exact dates to be determined) and will involve the trial mod responding to their trial village and answering a few questions about modding. Please look below for the rules.

RULES
  1. You must have been part of CAV since before November 2021 and must not currently own an active CA-game to apply.
  2. Please only apply if you're serious about completing the trial event and possibly becoming a mod. Similarly, only apply to be a trial village if you're capable of posting often for two weeks.
  3. Signups will start today on January 30 and end at 12:00 pm CST on February 1.
  4. The trial event will consist of village replies and staff scenarios that will be messaged to you.
  5. You must be a member of the Discord server. Please PM me for an invite if you aren't already on it.
FORM FOR TRIAL MODS
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]First CAV Post:[/b]
[b]Discord ID:[/b]

FORM FOR TRIAL VILLAGES
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name of current village:[/b]
Last edited by Simonpet on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me