BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA FANCLUB// Come join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA//Anime and Manga Fanclub// Come jo

Postby kiwikweenie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 am

iichako is so cute...I saw a comic on tumblr and I was like oh gosh why haven't I considered this hng
yaoyorozu x ashido is also cute even though I don't think they interact all that much; I just love my girl ships aha as much as my boy pairings
kiwi | she/her | trade me!
previously chargebolt !!
kiwikweenie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:12 pm

oh man i had never even conisdered momo and mina together but that’s a GOOD ONE. i really like momojirou, so i suppose i don’t consider who else they could be with that much LMAO,,, momo is so under appreciated though like. todomomo is pretty much the only other popular ship i can think of for her?? i think momo’s... not so great hero costume design makes people view her negatively, even though she’s a pretty good character overall.
ellie | adult | she/they/he | pisces
corn demon | adoption center Image
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwikweenie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm

momojirou is sooo GOOD. so good. I love them... I'm here for momo getting the love and attention she deserves ah;; not to mention I see a lack of f/f ships ahsvojdg not enough GIRLS HORIKOSHI, MORE GIRLS
todomomo seems to be a pretty popular m/f ship yeah, they are also cute together!! tbh I just all for momo getting more appreciation, and I totally agree-- a lot of people look past her...I'm really happy she had a spot to shine in exams and future arcs, like training camp.

one thing that always gets me is how she was in the sports festival (will I ever shut up about momo's sports festival fight? find out at eight lmao) she was so disappointed in herself. I can only imagine her face when she was alone after the fight in the break rooms...I wonder if her parents are strict on her about her quirk? she grew up comfy though...ahh I think about these things a lot, I have too much time on my hands pfft--
but yeah, since we don't know much about side characters backgrounds, there's always room for guessing and headcanons,,but she feels very.../real/, if that makes sense. her confidence issues can be really relatable
previously chargebolt !!
kiwikweenie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abxy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:41 pm

~ slithers in ~

man momo deserves more love. and a costume redesign

she's just... so good? she's such a genuinely sweet person and like chargebolt mentioned, very real despite being a side character. honestly though all the girls are criminally underappreciated, even our main gal urararararara. horikoshi, give these girls some development you coward!!!

and on the subject of ships, all of the 1-a girls are dating and there's nothing we can do about it. that is all.
abxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwikweenie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

uraraka is more than izuku's love interest, fools!!!!! (if she's even that? kinda I guess...seems what horikoshi is going for) lmao I feel like some people only see her for that but really. all the girls are good.
1-a girl poly ship............you had me at girl......

OKAY another good one though is kendou x yaoyorozu, responsible girlfriends (they even had a christmas card set in smash tap together that made my entire year)
hazii wrote:horikoshi, give these girls some development you coward!!!
!!!
previously chargebolt !!
kiwikweenie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Konata. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Welcome to all of the new members!!

I read the new chapter and absolutely loved it! This new villain is pretty interesting, and technically is a hero since he's basically punishing those who do bad haha! And like, never seen anyone so obsessed to tea hehe
Just the whole thing about him making videos is hilarious to me, and no one can disagree with me that it's YouTube he's posting on, because that's totally what it is xD I loved how the comments were mentioned too, in real life that's actually what people would say

Can we all get some Bakugo appreciation on this chapter too? Even if you don't like him, you have to admit he's developing. In a way, he's saying that the other hero departments are looking down on 1A due to their beliefs that they are the cause for ruining UA's reputation. (villians attack, loosing the symbol of peace) That they always get the unneeded attention. (Sports Festival)

So 1A is pretty hated right now. We only get glimpses of the other departments, and they don't seem friendly at all. The focus is the bubbly and kind class 1A, with sweethearts that we all love, and I love that realism here. How not everyone is not like 1A at all.

Bakugo knows that the other departments aren't just going to enjoy their little performance, but instead take it the wrong way. It's like, "after everything 1A has done, they think a little performance is going to fix it up?" Todoroki suggested the dance to be enjoyable to everyone, but they're only satisfying themselves with the thought that they're going to cheer every one else up. At the end of the chapter, where Bakugo decides to be their drummers, he has a totally different reason to help. He doesn't like them being looked down upon, and him being at the back drumming - giving the beat of the music (basically the drums keep the beat of the song. If they mess up, everyone else will) - is like saying that even if the other departments dread them for their performance, he'll be there to keep the class on beat, aka killing the other departments. At least, that's how I take it. He's honestly so complex and love different opinions on him, good or bad.

Golly I don't know if anyone out there is crazy enough to read this essay, but I just wanted to wrap this up with the topic of Momo and the other girls

I understand Momo - She needs enough skin exposure in order to actually use her quirk, and we have to keep in mind that she's like what, 15? 16? It's pretty embarrassing for someone so young like her to expose so much skin, but she wants to be a hero just like anyone else. Momo has the skills to do it, so I give prompts to her for not letting her hero costume or quirk get in the way of that. I even feel embarassed wearing a two piece swimsuit, and for her??? Honestly this girl is so strong, even with her self - esteem.

I'm not upset about the girls not getting development arcs, because even though there's not a huge focus on them within every arc, they're actually present in them. For example, i love how the creator didnt leave out Uraraka and Tsuyu out of the action during the internshipS. I thought that he forgot about them, and oh boy as I read the end of the chapter I was actually really happy that they weren't pushed off to the side, away from the main focus. Some development has been brushed upon them, like Momo, (having more self confidence) or Uraraka (realizing that she wants to save people instead of being a part of a disaster clean up crew). All the girls have their own unique traits, and personality. In fact, all the characters in boku no hero academia do, which is why I love this show aha

And totally, I agree - the girls do need more love. Any screen time with the girls or just character interactions is what I'm most looking forward to in a chapter
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lifelong dreams to make
webcomics, music, and merch!
PFP art by shawty kai

art shop trades link ©

░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░
███████████████
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════
███████████████
Konata.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwikweenie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:13 pm

@ Konata.

I'm pretty crazy about boku no hero academia, so of course I read all the way haha. and I always enjoy what you have to add to the conversation ;; your inputs never fail to open my mind up to a new idea

bakugou handled the situation really well considering his temper...I agree!!
also the new villain interests me, but also...he speaks french and the sparkle effects...I don't know, it feels /awfully/ familiar to a character we already know...coughs
cmon horikoshi spill the beans
++ catch me chugging a good ol cup of loving bakugou juice

regarding momo's outfit-- wow, you couldn't have worded it better,,, I agree with this a lot. the outfit controversy makes me a little anxious to get into, just because from the arguments I've seen on tumblr are pretty rough agh
but yes. compatibility is very important for a quirk like momo's, and she needs all the surface area she can get. another thing I enjoyed was the small conversation/scene between pro heroes mt lady and midnight about 'sexiness' of costumes and such, and how it's not that they're trying (if I remember the scene correctly) to make a scene. but momo is younger and perhaps in the future she'll be able to redesign her costume when she becomes pro, making adjustments as need be.
I wish her costume was different but at the same time, I understand horikoshi's concept (unfortunately, it's still a shonen...) I try not to put it down too much aha;; okay I'll shut up now

and you're absolutely right, he did give the girls some time in the arcs and didn't forget about them. seeing the small things is great!!
ah, uraraka's realization was really great to see...not that her initial reason was bad, but still hnggd[

also omg sorry for posting so much I never shut up, especially about bnha YIKES
previously chargebolt !!
kiwikweenie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NormalHero » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Yeah with Momo's outfit, I'm kind of desensitized to that kind of stuff since I've watched a lot of shonen, and as far as a lot of shonen goes My Hero is pretty mild when it comes to that kind of thing. Doesn't mean it's right of course, clearly the laws of the bnha universe could have gone an infinite number of ways since it's not real in the first place. The way Momo's quirk works could have been written differently so that she wouldn't have to wear revealing clothing. I like a lot of the redesigns that fans have come up with though. I like a lot of them much better even just from an aesthetic point, I think they just ultimately make her look cooler, and more suited for rescue and combat. I mean if Mirio can wear a costume made of fabric that was suitable for his quirk, why can't a fabric exist that allows Momo to use her quirk without needing exposed skin? I will give credit where credit is due and say that Momo at least breaks the shonen fanservice stereotypes in that she is highly skilled, intelligent, and her peers (including her male peers) look up to her, which doesn't happen as much with female characters in shonen. She's a well written character and very easy to like, she isn't a hollow shell like many other girls in shonen seem to be.
NormalHero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwikweenie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 am

@ ThunderDragonDhurke

I couldn't have said it better myself, aha!
kiwikweenie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Konata. » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 am

@chargebolt
ahaha! I'm really flattered that you've taken to read my shenanigans !

@chargebolt + ThunderDragonDhurke
I've read both of your posts, and definitely see where you guys are coming from! gentleistotallyaoyoma'sdad And I haven't thought at all about how there was fabric that worked with Mirio's quirk, I'm really expecting Momo to have that in her new hero costume, if she ever gets one

On the new chapter, I realized that Aoyoma was both in the Dance and Staging crew - and I just found that odd..? how will this poor guy dance if he's spinning round' n' round'
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾
🙾