✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby Raikki » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 am

Inigo. wrote:Ah yeah I'd assume so! I'm so curious about what the switch game will be! Do you guys think it'll release this year or no?

Maybe the dogs will be a mystery gift where you just need to have internet connection or it'll be another gamestop one?

I think they’ll take a year off. Between switching to a new console AND it being a new generation, they’ll probably take a little off?
At least, I hope they do. If they release it this year I won’t be able to play immediately;^;
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inigo. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:57 am

Raikki wrote:
Inigo. wrote:Ah yeah I'd assume so! I'm so curious about what the switch game will be! Do you guys think it'll release this year or no?

Maybe the dogs will be a mystery gift where you just need to have internet connection or it'll be another gamestop one?

I think they’ll take a year off. Between switching to a new console AND it being a new generation, they’ll probably take a little off?
At least, I hope they do. If they release it this year I won’t be able to play immediately;^;

Oh yeah that'd make sense! I hope they do take a year off too because I love pokemon but sometimes the yearly releases get sort of tiring and eventually the game quality will decrease? Like I love usum but its extremely similar to sm and I feel like if they had waited a year then it would have been a way better game?? And I'm sure switching to making games on the switch will be difficult maybe?
Thanks to the rarity change i finally got an omgsr!!! It's been a goal of mine since 2013 aaa
Inigo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:36 pm

Inigo. wrote:
Raikki wrote:

Oh yeah that'd make sense! I hope they do take a year off too because I love pokemon but sometimes the yearly releases get sort of tiring and eventually the game quality will decrease? Like I love usum but its extremely similar to sm and I feel like if they had waited a year then it would have been a way better game?? And I'm sure switching to making games on the switch will be difficult maybe?

I had put together a long-ish post re. this last night, then accidentally lost it all and just left it until this morning, but I'll give a brief note of the points...

-> USUM was mostly worked on by a younger team of GF devs (with veterans supervising/doing QC, but mostly having moved onto Switch development)
-> "Pokemon Stars" rumours could just be a reference to a test/tech demo of a Switch port of SM (getting the engine/etc moved over). This could have been started just after dev for SM wrapped up (as the programmers doing the main engine stuff wouldn't really be needed for USUM, as it uses the same engine as SM)
-> Current models used are ~pretty~ high quality, so reduce work needed for a HD game (assuming they just port the models over)
-> There was one year between B2W2 and XY, which had a similar console upgrade (though, with the main thing being sprites going to 3D models)

Based on these elements, I could totally see PokeSwitch releasing this year... But could also see them holding off to give extra time to work on it. I had been checking out a bunch of rumours/other speculation, and it seems people still think there's a Direct/other trailer coming (there was a Twitter account, for example, which said something was coming "in the next two weeks", but the account was swiftly removed, so who know whether that actually means anything... But https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/di ... index.html now has another "slot" free, and it looks like the last Pokemon Direct slot - from 2017, so it can't have just dropped off for being old - has been removed).

On another note, had considered the Legendary distribution might kinda indicate something, as the distributions end in November, so are they just leaving December empty? Is there something coming that they're keeping hidden? The last Gen 7 mythical, or something for Gen 8? (Sure, it ~could~ just be that they've run out of the version-exclusive legendaries, BUT with Shiny Zygarde essentially making up the mid-point of the distributions, what better way to end it than with something else that isn't currently/easily available?). Or it could just be nothing.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 am

Eh, I don't see them releasing it until the end of next year at the very least. They already released/announced big titles this year for the switch. If we get a Pokémon game this year it will probably be a spin off.... which honestly I hope they do. After playing Alola games for two years I'm kind of bored of the main games right now. USUM was a disappointment, I was hoping we were past typical third games after gen 5. I hope they take time to make the gen 8 games high quality by giving it a big map to explore and a good story line with cool features (Pokémon following me please). I'd really like for them to touch up some of the models to if they are reusing most of them... some of them are just horribly made and look awkward.

Edit: Oh and also fix the trading system! Gen 6 was near perfect and it went to poop in gen 7.... which is part of why I got so bored with gen 7. It made me not want to trade. >_<
Last edited by Faybell on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inigo. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 am

Yeah!!! I kinda want the models for the pokemon to have more personality to them? Because the pixel sprites had pokemon in interesting positions and the bw sprites were moving and gave them interesting actions so if they made the new models more dynamic Id love that??? And I also really want a new spinoff!! Maybe a new pokepark for the switch? Thats super unrealistic though
Thanks to the rarity change i finally got an omgsr!!! It's been a goal of mine since 2013 aaa
Inigo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:18 am

ImageImage
As you can probably guess from the neat art above, the distribution method for these two has finally been revealed!

Canada? Trainer Club Newsletter (make sure to sign up before the 9th, newsletter usually goes out the third week of the month)
US? Target (Aprill 22nd to 29th)
Europe/Aus/NZ? Nintendo Network (starting from tomorrow until the 25th)
South America? One of a number of stores (check https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/es-la/ ... ons/april/ for specifics)

On another note, a new global mission has started and it's to hatch loadsa eggs.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:16 am

Nooooo

Target is a horrible choice. I remember the charizard was days late getting to my local store and this is a shorter event.

Also sucks for Canada that it's newsletter again.... hope everyone who wants one gets a code. >_<
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:25 am

Oh target, that means I can walk over (if I'm not working)
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inigo. » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:04 am

ooh the art is so nice for this event!
Inigo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:47 am

I decided to do a questionnaire and trivia thing

Questionnaire
Code: Select all
Which villainous team would you want to join?

What's your favorite region?

If Pokemon were real, would you go on a Pokemon journey?

Who's your favorite Gym Leader?

Who's your favorite Elite 4 member?

What was your first Shiny? (excluding Gyarados)

What's your favorite type?

What's your favorite Pokemon of your favorite type?

What's your favorite Legendary?

What's your favorite Alola form?

Trivia
Code: Select all
Where was Mew supposedly located in FR/LG?

How many Pokemon must be in your Pokedex before you can obtain the National Pokedex in FR/LG?

What Pokemon was completely impossible to catch?

What event item was never released, but can still be obtained via cheats?

What game introduced female playable characters?

What Pokemon can supposedly devolve(revert back to the pre-evolved form)?

What was the heaviest Pokemon in Generation I?

What game introduced Roaming Legendary Pokemon?

What Pokemon has the most alternate forms?
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist