Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby leeheeseung » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am

SOMI MY CHILD got a few pets that needs new homes to go to...

im for down this comp c:
grew up. to my old bestest friends on here, i'll never forget you <3
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
leeheeseung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cainhurst » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 am

i wouldn't necessarily want to take part in it myself, but i'd happily contribute a couple of my double pets for prizes c:
- cyril/sylver ✦ they/he ✦ adult ✦ infj-t ✦ 4w5 so/sp (451 tritype) -
"my boyfriend said he'd still love me if i was a brain-eating amoeba, i win!"
writer, gamer, roleplayer, parent to six guinea pigs, and local kabru enjoyer.
my interests include TES, V:TM, D&D, cosmic horror, reading, & philosophy.
───────── avatar art credit to @DearHeartsWish on twitter ─────────

Image Image Image Image Image
cainhurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yinsum » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:20 am

RENN heLLO also i think it❜ll be nice to like
      do signature swaps?? i did one with paul. sometime back {i think they❜re ishida or izuki now id k} but it was pretty fun - basically you and another coder pairs up, we swap themes, and you code a signature based on the theme

idk
      i just got back and idk what❜s happening really

also lmao my muse is still
      flying out there somewhere
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leeheeseung » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

HELLO ILY oh yeS I REALLY LIKE THAT IDEA omg in a way its like
      secret santa but not christmas dammit we totally should of done that last year but theres always
      thos year

ill find ur muse and protect it and give it to you but also protect you with my life
leeheeseung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .chariot » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:37 am

I'd happily contribute to the comp ;w;
    Especially learning new techniques and methods for codings.

I never really use transparent letters/symbols to position something ;w;
─────────────────────────
she/her | sag | flexible writer
aest | bub | iso sux | mood: sick of it
─────────────────────────
.chariot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yaku » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:17 pm

tfw stayed away from club activities a little while for a couple of reasons :'^)

@ discussion about the lack of discussion ; as mentioned previously, the problem with signature respect is that it's full of people that don't know how to respect, usually due to lack of writing experience (a byproduct of the site's younger demographic ai emm oh but this ain't the time or place to talk about that) or general idea of what exactly goes into a signature. They've read the rules but don't understand how to follow them. They've typed and published their post but don't know what they did wrong, thinking their "critique" pulled out of their posterior and bland generalizations about the layout are perfectly fine without any regard for the golden rule. It's very irritating to type up a massive paragraph to get a 10 word response that breaks every single rule in the OP, yeah? That's where the club comes in; people gravitate/d toward this thread because the populace here is a little bit more, uh... intelligent? I don't want to generalize like that or put anyone down, but I can't word it delicately. Even if SO is a mix of talents and experience levels we know exactly how the above feels and will generally give much higher quality responses (mostly) without fail. It's sorta like trying your luck at the claw game vs. getting a guaranteed prize from the gumball machine. There's other things killing conversation here too but in the interest of not going FULL PETTY™ I'll save that elaboration for a different time

@ discussion about the contest ; I'm a little stingy about my pets with actual rarities but I'd certainly participate in the contest itself if it had set themes and whatnot. Zey's "free-for-all" was wonderful but introducing a more centralized challenge would be really nice~.
┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┤

ImageImagex xImage
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

( HEY SENSEI
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
lesbian / scorpio / intp
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
popstar / 1 / 2 / 3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
pms on
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━ ━
Image ⎬⎬

OUR
VOIC
EVER
├┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Imagex
x
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
i
yaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loves, » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:22 pm

@ Arlo - welcome!! :>

@ iinsomnia - welcome back!!

@ mucrospirifer - that sounds really cool, tbh I'd probably be up to do something like that! I think it would be a good practice for everyone and it would be cool to see everyone's interpretation of a certain style of coding ;00
You must be homesick.
loves: infp, lawful neutral
loves,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 pm

Note: Been dealing with Personal IRL shenanigans and is blunter than charcoal in my reply... For the most part. Please don't take this to heart or however, I really just couldn't be ass'd to explain in detail what I mean.

@Insomnia
Yeah, there is a lot of that going on in regards to people's shyness, but there is a lot of other stuff as well. I still only appear here to rant and rave like the old cow that I am, which is something I loathe entirely. But I definitely agree. There are other threads available for signature opinions if you want them. It's probably better if people do ask for opinions in these threads, criticism for criticism and Respect for respect. So you get a dish of how to improve and praise from anyone within CS, aka not the security bubble sort of thing.

@Arlo
Holy crap I definitely agree with that, thank the heavens today was a bit more of a chill factor. 8)

@Big post conversation
This was a problem before when there was a rule to have people reply to you in your post. I hated this rule a ton and eventually got rid of it. But now it's semi re-instated though community effort because "thou must reply to everyone" / "thou must actually get a reply" philosophy. My answer to this right now is if you really want comments on your signature, go to the Criticism or Respect fanclub. I kind of want to get this club back to where it was when Wenom wrote this out:
Welcome to 'Signing Off', this fanclub is designed to fill a void in the Clubs and Armies board where coding can be discussed. Everyone, of any and all skill levels are welcome to join in and ask for advice on their BBCode from more experienced folk, show off their signatures and just generally chat about BBCode. Amongst other things you can get to meet with like minded people; and gather tips and tricks from well seasoned signature makers, or get to know others who are in the early stages and just getting to grips with signature making, either way everyone you meet along our little journey will have something to learn from you and you them.

• There ain't much discussion about BBC at all.
  • Showing off signatures is pretty much the only thing happening here.
  • People don't really hang around for long.
  • Not much advice is shared (unless it's asked in the way of "comments on my signature?"

There's a ton more but man... It's been a while since I've seen a new face here who stays around like a sore thumb which is hella welcomed. I mean, we kind of need to factorise it in a way.

New person -> Join club -> Develop skills with aid from club -> Run successful business -> Become veteran coder -> Able to share advice to new person.

That's the cycle that should happen. Thing is... New people aren't really appearing.

@Competition
My only worry about these is that people feel "entitled" to be included, win etc and can't suck things up if there is the smallest hint of unbiasness. When I hosted my last one I got a ton of messages about how 'x' are getting all their friends to vote for their signature and so they won from that and a lot of whining over pixels and graphics and what essentially is a hobby. It irritated me for so many reasons. Ultimately, public voting is the best way of getting things to be as unbias as possible because of kliq's, but at the same time it is also the most bias thing if voting takes place anonymously.

Also, that comp sent me broke aha. I had a ton of other users donate just to host because so many gifts needed to be given holy balls. It as great overall though.

But, that was in regards to the one I hosted. If you want to make one, go for it. I am more than happy to lend a hand in helping you get off the ground. I have PM'd the other thread mods about this taking off, along with other need to know discussions. Please note this isn't a thread mod decision at all but from my own personal pov.

In regards to doing a signature event, having people go in pairs to make each other's styles would be awesome, as long as everyone remains civil. I did this before with a user where we traded signature designs and techniques and tried to re-create each other's and it turned out awesome and at the same time hilarious because I failed so badly at trying to recreate it. What we can do is make a list and randomly assign people to pairs to create a signature of someone else's 'style'. Give them 'x' length to make the signature, winner wins a butt load of pets and a medal or something idk.

@Pettiness
Yeah, the golden rule here is this. This is the kids site, most of the adults forgot to leave. There's going to be pettiness here because of this distinction. No one is going to change that unfortunately. I see things very black and white, though understand grey area's exist as well. On some cases, people's bars on coding (again it's a hobby not a lifestyle unless you do stuff out of CS and get coin for it) need to really be lowered. On the other hand, the general bar can be raised for respect and this is seen with the Rate Sig thread, the pettiness in that thread is somewhat gone now and it's great to see. Also cheers for the feedback for that ladies, gent's and mx's.
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qeu9nveq7vn » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:19 pm

I think it would be really cool to have a comp in which everyone makes a signature based on one quote and an image pool - I'd happily host one with some of my unwanted listies.
qeu9nveq7vn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appi » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:26 am

sedition wrote:
    I think it would be really cool to have a comp in which everyone makes a signature based on one quote and an image pool - I'd happily host one with some of my unwanted listies.

i would love to participate in that!
do you like omelettes?
appi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me