✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | {31/1/16} | ✿

Postby Faybell » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

What's some cool stuff you think people would want to playthrough with in USUM? I'm going to wondertrade stuff on Christmas for hopefully new players to get. So far I have winter deerling, ha piplup, and ha cubchoo.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:O_O A $100 for HG!? I know the old DS games from good Nintendo series like Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda go for a lot of money, but I've never seen a used copy of HG/SS for that much! They don't even go for half that! I gave up a bunch of my old games, including Platinum, Diamond, SS, and Explorers of Sky and used the credit to buy Ultra Moon, and later pay for part of my Switch.

Also, is it just me or do video games get increasingly easy as time goes on? I understand that Nintendo wants to appeal to the younger generation by making their games easier, but at the same time, they're losing appeal with the long-time fans. Pokemon FireRed was my first Pokemon game, and while I did get frustrated along the way, all that frustration made beating the game that much more satisfying. I occasionally would rage quit when I was faced with a powerful trainer, but I always got back on and thought up of a strategy, followed by hours of grinding against both wild Pokemon and VS Seeker. But as the series continued, particularly when Gen VI came out, the games were incredibly easy and had very little post-game content. RBY had no post-game content for a reason, they were the first games, there was no National Pokedex, no Battle challenges, so there was no need for post-game content. B//W/B2/W2 had minimal post-game content, but enough to satisfy me. XY had absolutely no post-game content other than the Battle Mansion and Friend Safari, which wasn't really something we hadn't seen in previous games. ORAS's Delta Episode was barely enough to satisfy me, and it wasn't really original. SM had absolutely nothing that impressed me after I'd beaten the game. The UB quests felt more like a chore than amusement, and an easy chore at that. It's incredibly easy to draw out the Ultra Beasts, put a Pokemon that's not a higher level than the UB in the area, but higher than all the normal Pokemon at the front of your party, use a Repel of any sort, UB is the only Pokemon that will appear. I haven't beaten USUM, since I've been focused on beating Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 ever since I got my Switch on Thanksgiving Day(It was worse than any of my Black Friday shopping experiences, my family actually held off dinner until we got back), and I haven't watched any play throughs, since I want to be surprised at things, and while I'm not normally a completionist, I'm trying to at least beat the records on the Mantine Surfing Spots, and so far I've beaten the ones on Melemele, Akala, and Ula'ula. I'm starting to ramble, but the point is, in my opinion, video games were much harder back in the early 2000's and that's what made it fun. Nintendo is focusing too much on smoke and mirrors to entice us into their games instead of the actual challenge of beating the game. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an exception for me, since it was not made by Nintendo, it's just been ported onto the Switch. What are your opinions, do you prefer a difficult game with less pizzazz, or an easier game with more pizzazz?

Cant be any worse than a soul silver for 297.00

Greed tends to drive the price up since people think their games are worth so much
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mew5522 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Reaper_Wolf93 wrote:
Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:O_O A $100 for HG!? I know the old DS games from good Nintendo series like Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda go for a lot of money, but I've never seen a used copy of HG/SS for that much! They don't even go for half that! I gave up a bunch of my old games, including Platinum, Diamond, SS, and Explorers of Sky and used the credit to buy Ultra Moon, and later pay for part of my Switch.

Also, is it just me or do video games get increasingly easy as time goes on? I understand that Nintendo wants to appeal to the younger generation by making their games easier, but at the same time, they're losing appeal with the long-time fans. Pokemon FireRed was my first Pokemon game, and while I did get frustrated along the way, all that frustration made beating the game that much more satisfying. I occasionally would rage quit when I was faced with a powerful trainer, but I always got back on and thought up of a strategy, followed by hours of grinding against both wild Pokemon and VS Seeker. But as the series continued, particularly when Gen VI came out, the games were incredibly easy and had very little post-game content. RBY had no post-game content for a reason, they were the first games, there was no National Pokedex, no Battle challenges, so there was no need for post-game content. B//W/B2/W2 had minimal post-game content, but enough to satisfy me. XY had absolutely no post-game content other than the Battle Mansion and Friend Safari, which wasn't really something we hadn't seen in previous games. ORAS's Delta Episode was barely enough to satisfy me, and it wasn't really original. SM had absolutely nothing that impressed me after I'd beaten the game. The UB quests felt more like a chore than amusement, and an easy chore at that. It's incredibly easy to draw out the Ultra Beasts, put a Pokemon that's not a higher level than the UB in the area, but higher than all the normal Pokemon at the front of your party, use a Repel of any sort, UB is the only Pokemon that will appear. I haven't beaten USUM, since I've been focused on beating Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 ever since I got my Switch on Thanksgiving Day(It was worse than any of my Black Friday shopping experiences, my family actually held off dinner until we got back), and I haven't watched any play throughs, since I want to be surprised at things, and while I'm not normally a completionist, I'm trying to at least beat the records on the Mantine Surfing Spots, and so far I've beaten the ones on Melemele, Akala, and Ula'ula. I'm starting to ramble, but the point is, in my opinion, video games were much harder back in the early 2000's and that's what made it fun. Nintendo is focusing too much on smoke and mirrors to entice us into their games instead of the actual challenge of beating the game. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is an exception for me, since it was not made by Nintendo, it's just been ported onto the Switch. What are your opinions, do you prefer a difficult game with less pizzazz, or an easier game with more pizzazz?

Greed tends to drive the price up since people think their games are worth so much

Okay i'm just a random passerby, but DANGGGGGGGGG
Mew5522

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Lycana » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Mew5522 wrote:
Reaper_Wolf93 wrote:

Okay i'm just a random passerby, but DANGGGGGGGGG

After seeing that i used gamestop to finish my ds pokemon collection. I already finished the 3ds side of it. Now all thats left are the gba and gbc games
Join my giveaways!
Lycana's Giveaways - April 2009 Very Rare
══════════════════════
Image/ Lycana / She/Her / Libra / Image

I see the gutter,
Feed on the foolish,
Outrun and kill the strong.
At daybreak, I roam,
Awake to who follows me.
I roam, I roam,
I am the hungry wolf.
(By: John Doe & Exene Cervenka)
©

Image/ Name / Pronoun / Image
══════════════════════
Lady_Lycana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Unfortunately, GBA games can rarely be found since the people who do have them almost never part with them, and you never want to buy them online, because 1: there's a good chance of it being fake, 2: even if it is real, you won't be able to transfer Pokemon onto Gen IV games

Also, does this sound like a screwup on Nintendo's part?

The RBY Virtual Console games retained all the glitches from the real games, including the most famous of them all, Missingno. People who used the Pokemon Bank with one of their Virtual Console games experienced a unique glitch. If you try transferring Pokemon from RBY to Pokemon Bank, and the box you are transferring has a Missingno. in it, the glitch Pokemon itself will not be transferred, but all legit Pokemon will have their names moved over by one.

Example: Box has Missingno. in it, Hypno placed next to a Nidoking will be renamed Nidoking, next Pokemon will be renamed Hypno, and so on.

In my opinion, this is Nintendo's fault. They had the ability to remove the glitches before releasing RBY for Virtual Console on 3DS. So, why didn't they? They could argue that the hardcore players would be disappointed if the glitches they know and love weren't there, and while I agree, it's still not enough to overlook the problems it could cause with new games. Seriously, what would you do if you had a Hypno named Nidoking, that you could not rename?
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Hey, if anyone needs really HQ rips of the models from USUM, there's website calle furretturret.com that has every pokemon model in the game in extremely high quality available for download! They only have the shiny ones right now tho

i love the HQ shiny giratina, it looks so good ;w;

Kraken VS Octo-Kun wrote:Unfortunately, GBA games can rarely be found since the people who do have them almost never part with them, and you never want to buy them online, because 1: there's a good chance of it being fake, 2: even if it is real, you won't be able to transfer Pokemon onto Gen IV games

Also, does this sound like a screwup on Nintendo's part?

The RBY Virtual Console games retained all the glitches from the real games, including the most famous of them all, Missingno. People who used the Pokemon Bank with one of their Virtual Console games experienced a unique glitch. If you try transferring Pokemon from RBY to Pokemon Bank, and the box you are transferring has a Missingno. in it, the glitch Pokemon itself will not be transferred, but all legit Pokemon will have their names moved over by one.

Example: Box has Missingno. in it, Hypno placed next to a Nidoking will be renamed Nidoking, next Pokemon will be renamed Hypno, and so on.

In my opinion, this is Nintendo's fault. They had the ability to remove the glitches before releasing RBY for Virtual Console on 3DS. So, why didn't they? They could argue that the hardcore players would be disappointed if the glitches they know and love weren't there, and while I agree, it's still not enough to overlook the problems it could cause with new games. Seriously, what would you do if you had a Hypno named Nidoking, that you could not rename?

i doubt leaving the glitches in was an accident. for starters, they'd basically have to recode the game from scratch in order to fix it :'0 Second, from what i can tell, a large chunk of the people who downloaded the GB games on VC did it to break the game. I know I did lol

I didn't know about that weird name glitch though?? That's kind of funny :')
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:20 pm

That moment when you get a pokemon you've always wanted from wondertrade only to realize that it is 100% non-legit. I'll keep it and die inside every time I see it.
Currently collecting PPS dogs.
Music makes you braver.
Syn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Syn wrote:That moment when you get a pokemon you've always wanted from wondertrade only to realize that it is 100% non-legit. I'll keep it and die inside every time I see it.

Happened to me when I got a Shiny Zekrom that was from Gen V over Wonder Trade. Although Zekrom and Reshiram lost their appeal with me when Gen VI game out, the animated sprites were great, and they don't have anything remotely similar to the recurring animations with the 3D models
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

text text text text text text text
click images for credits
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:02 am

I got a shiny nihligo after resetting one time with no shiny charm, holey cheese. I was just wondering if the star appeared before or after beast boost activated and BAM, shiny.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Korriander » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Is anybody else doing Christmas WTs? What pokemon are you hatching in bulk for it?

I've been working on female salandits (I've been naming all the males Ned Flanders since there are so many), charmanders, ralts, deinos, torchics, lapras, and honedges so far.

Togepis, chikoritas, and mimikyus are on my list, too. I thought about dittos, but I found them easier to get this time. I've been working to get some of the other older starters on the GTS, but I'm not sure what else to go for.

Which pokemon (non-legendary only) is your favorite?
Korriander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me