The Eurovision Fanclub!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Eurovision Fanclub!

Postby Thalassic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am

I definitely find that I value more / pay more attention to the live performances after already knowing the songs well. Though because of this I find that my opinions often dont line up with the opinions of the voting majority. As the majority have probably only heard the songs once or twice and thats all they have to go on to form their opinion.

Anyway, now that all of the songs seem to have been released, I'll soon be typing out my feelings regarding each and every one of them, and making my own little top 10, and I hope that yall will gladly disagree and argue with me lmao.

On another note, my countries national selection had some really pretty songs this year. Unfortunately my top1 didn't make it. So hey, give it a listen anyway. It's absolutely gorgeous and I feel that it represents my country as well, I wish we would have sent her instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkkGlu15fl8

I like our winner as well, though. ^^
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spookypuff » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:54 am

Oof, I had other plans for my country, but the song is good, like one of the best i've heard.

I'm talking about Ieva Zasimauskaite - When we're old. This song was the winner, I'm super glad because it was good.

Also, hewwo fanclub members
───────✘✘✘
Spooky | She/They
I like rhythm games!

link - link - song──--
spookypuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 am

peridotite. wrote:Oof, I had other plans for my country, but the song is good, like one of the best i've heard.

I'm talking about Ieva Zasimauskaite - When we're old. This song was the winner, I'm super glad because it was good.

Also, hewwo fanclub members

Hello, neighbor! :'D
Sad that Latvia got sorted into a different day (again). No neighborly love this year either.
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby City_Lights » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:10 pm

woo popping on here for the first time for the 2018 contest

bulgaria is amazing
fyr macedonia is amazing
israel is amazing
belgium is amazing

semi final 1 is a bloodbath
semi final 2 is a :snore:

45 days till the eurovision final

the hype is mad

ok bye
Current Collecting Goal: All the Hammies and Guinea Pigs! :D

My Trade Thread

~Dragon Cave Clickables!~ (feel free to pm me for clickbacks)

City_Lights

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inspector_Javert » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:01 pm

I'm so behind on Eurovision hype this year
I told myself I'd follow it all the way like before, but I'm so out of the loop already -.-

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Inspector_Javert | She/They | Artist
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Furry | Gremlin
I've been on this site for too long, help

╚═════════════════════════╝

SIGNATURE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
(plz excuse the mess)
Inspector_Javert

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Hello everyone and welcome to the club! I'm really excited for this year, so far there are many songs that I love. :D
Yes semi final 2 as well, Ukraine, Denmark, Norway, I'm really excited about all of it. ˆˆ
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IsaTheBelle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Bilaz wrote:Hello everyone and welcome to the club! I'm really excited for this year, so far there are many songs that I love. :D
Yes semi final 2 as well, Ukraine, Denmark, Norway, I'm really excited about all of it. ˆˆ

I'm not so excited about it at all it's not what it used to be, unfortunately...who will win and who not it's all about politics at the end!
I never heard that won actually who was good..! Voting is all false!!

ImageImageImage

I'm doing all kinds of banners if you want one please let me know!!
IsaTheBelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bilaz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:20 am

While I agree that there is jury bias that needs to be taken care of, Sergey Lazarev was robbed IMO for politics outside of his control. However I wouldn't say it's all bias and none of the winners are good... Euphoria is still iconic all over Europe. Personally I really love Believe, Fairytale and Only Teardrops...
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:09 am

the grand ol' opinion of Zan (yall should do yours as well, or at least your top10)
feel free to argue with me ; ) and sorry in advance for the miles long post lmao
in order of performance in the semi's, first semi:

Aisel - X My Heart | Azerbaijan
I don't mind the song but I'm also not super excited by it. I also find the lyrics a bit strange. "I'm stronger than cannonballs" and "I tear down the firewalls" specifically. Would not change the station if this played on the radio.
5/10

Ari Ólafsson - Our Choice | Iceland
He has a very nice voice, but the song overall doesn't feel like it fits into the eurovision "genre" I guess. The song itself also feels like something out of the early 2000s/late 90s to me, which I'm not a huge fan of. Also his swaying in the "official video" is super distracting to me?? Would not change the station if this played on the radio but I'd be bored listening to it.
4/10

Eugent Bushpepa - Mall | Albania
Now this song I find interesting. I enjoy the fact that its not in english, and I like the beat and music behind it. And even though I dont know what he's saying and can't sing along, it feels very catchy to me. Would not change the channel.
6/10

Sennek - A Matter Of Time | Belgium
This song also sounds interesting to me, more because of the way her vocals go up and down. It's just very easy to listen to. Would not change the channel, might even sing along to.
6/10

Mikolas Josef - Lie To Me | Czech Republic
See, here's the thing. The song is catchy. It's catchy and I hate it. I would not change the channel if it played on the radio, would probably even sing along, but I hate his face. He looks like a douchebag and I hate the theme of the song. I also saw a video of him live and he just... looked really awkward on a stage? The song itself is fun but also doesn't seem like it fits well into the eurovision genre.
Song: 7/10, person performing: 2/10, overall score: 4.5/10

Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old | Lithuania
Her voice is so soothing and the song itself is so cute. Would not change the station, would sing along and favorite the song on youtube. It does feel like songs like this would work better on a small stage in an acoustic version, and not so much on a massive eurovision stage, but I guess we will see how that goes.
7/10

Netta - TOY | Israel
Oh boy I have so many good feelings about this song. it's fun, edgy, very opinionated, easy to listen to while not being boring at any point. Her image is very cool as well, bright, dominating and fun, and I'm always excited to see more plus sized women being confident and loud. Really the only downside I can think of for this song is that I've been unable to find a live version of it, and I'm unsure if 100% of the vocals used in the music video can be repeated on stage without voice-altering software. But I did watch her perform something else live and she had the same voice and same energy, so I'm excited to see how she will carry herself and the song on stage!
10/10

ALEKSEEV - FOREVER | Belarus
I gotta say this is one of those songs that have won me over the more I've listened to it. I think the thing that most draws me to this song is how it sounds both happy and sad at the same time. The performer is also very cute and I enjoy his face very much. Would not change the station and would definitely sing along. I also listened to the russion version of the song and I didn't hate it! Which isn't often something I can say about songs in russian. Something about the song makes it very hard for me to even listen to the lyrics. I just really enjoy the melody, I guess?
8/10

Elina Nechayeva - La Forza | Estonia
First of all the visuals for this song are sooooo cooool. Definitely never seen 3D projections on a dress. My only concern with that is how well a similar concept would work on a much larger stage. The song is also not a common eurovision genre, but I personally enjoy listening to it every time I hear it. Would not change the station and might even try to scream along. Her voice is so amazing, though, and I really appreciate those high notes. Definitely feel like the visual effects make up about 60% of the song itself, which might not be a great thing in the end. Appreciating the non-english in this one as well.
7/10

EQUINOX - Bones | Bulgaria
This song is pretty similar to the kind of music I regularly listen to, so I enjoy it right off the bat. I really like the lyrics and the theme of the song itself. I'm actually less impressed by the actual vocals of the people performing it. I don't know, I feel like the song could have an even bigger kick, and the version in its "official video" feels kind of overly soft to me. Would not change the station and definitely enjoy the song, but I can see ways in which it could be better.
6/10

Eye Cue - Lost And Found | F.Y.R. Macedonia
This song sounds half heard before, and half in a style I just don't like. I can't quite put a name to that style right now, but it doesn't really do it for me. Would not change the station but would probably not pay attention to the song. Basically I was already tired of the song when it was just halfway done playing.
5/10

Franka - Crazy | Croatia
This song also feels very heard before, and not in a good way. I like her voice, its really nice and deep, but I dont like the theme of the song. At least I enjoy the bass in this song. :') I can make it about 2/3s of the way trough this song before getting bored. Would not change the station but would not sing along either.
5/10

Cesár Sampson - Nobody But You | Austria
At this point I'm getting tired of all the english songs. This song is catchy, I'd probably sing along to it but it also feels like I'd get bored of it pretty quickly. I'm also not a fan of the gospel-type music, and this reminds me of that sort of thing at times. The music video is interesting, but since its just him in there, I have doubts about what kind of performance that could translate into on the stage. Would not change the station if this song was on the radio.
6/10

Yianna Terzi - Oniro Mou | Greece
mmmm getting a break from all the english. I really like this song. I love the melodic vocals with very little instrumental melody behind them, and the strong drums. It gives me a very.. folk-ish? feel, that I greatly enjoy. It's also very catchy in the kind of "I can't sing along because I dont speak the language but I sure will try!!" way and I love that. It's also such a pretty language imho. I like this song very much.
8/10

Saara Aalto - Monsters | Finland
I have very mixed feelings about this song. To me it feels like about 5 songs stitched together. All the beats feel heard before but I also don't hate them all together. Can I just say that I hope we get some of those "monsters" on stage...... The song itself is fun and interesting, and it could have many cool visuals on the stage, but at some points the song itself doesn't entirely convince me. It doesn't feel very... flowing? Would not change the station and might sing along.
6/10

Sevak Khanagyan - Qami | Armenia
From just the start of the song I'd say that I dont like it, but when it starts picking up it just sounds really nice to me. I also enjoy the language, and after translating the song I really like the theme as well!! I just love how it gets stronger and stronger, just like wind would, but I have concerns about being able to show that same effect on stage. Excited to see what they come up with, though!
7/10

ZiBBZ - Stones | Switzerland
I like the style of the song, and her voice is very nice. It feels a bit edgy for eurovision, but not in a way that bothers me. Wouldn't mind hearing it on the radio, but don't know if I'd actually sing along to it.
6/10

Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Together | Ireland
A cute song,but one of those that I'd prefer to hear on the radio instead of live on stage. I somehow feel like it would lose its cuteness because of it. His voice is really nice, though, and I love those high notes. The video is adorable, and I hope they stay with the gay theme and bring on some lovey male dancers on stage. Definitely looking forwards to that.
7/10

Eleni Foureira - Fuego | Cyprus
This song also sounds very heard before. In the kind of "every pop song ever" kind of way, which I don't enjoy. If I heard it on the radio, I wouldn't think much of it, but for eurovision it just feels too generic.
4/10

So from these ratings, the ones I really want to make it to the final are these, in ascending order:
7. Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old | Lithuania
6. Elina Nechayeva - La Forza | Estonia
5. Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Together | Ireland
4. Sevak Khanagyan - Qami | Armenia
3. Yianna Terzi - Oniro Mou | Greece
2. ALEKSEEV - FOREVER | Belarus
1. Netta - TOY | Israel

Now I'm going to take a break and then compile the second semi list :' )
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:19 am

I hope yall dont mind if I make a separate post even if nobody posts inbetween as the posts will be massive and it just feels wrong to squish them into one
It is I, once again, returning with my second semi opinions. This time possibly less thought out and more emotionally driven because thinking of 43 thought out reviews is hard and I'm tired

Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song | Norway
Honestly this feels like a joke. I can't take the song seriously at all, I mean he won once, and this song doesn't even compare to Fairytale. Would change the station if this came on.
3/10

The Humans - Goodbye | Romania
The song is a bit boring until the very chorus. I think it would have been better if the entire thing had been done in the kind of rock-style without the slow parts, as they are enough to completely lose my attention.
5/10

Sanja Ilić & Balkanika - Nova Deca | Serbia
mmmmmm more beautiful vocals. I really love the melody in this one. Very pleasant to listen to, would definitely attempt to sing along. I also like the meaning of the song, and the language sounds really nice, and they look and sound good on stage. Overall great entry imho.
8/10

Jessika (feat. Jenifer Brening) | Who We Are - San Marino
She sounds kind of like Britney. Don't like the song, though. The chorus sounds like another eurovision song from a while ago. Would have been better without the rap.
3/10

Rasmussen - Higher Ground | Denmark
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES GIVE ME MORE VIKING MUSIC YES YES YES
9/10

Julia Samoylova - I Won't Break | Russia
While I do prefer this over her previous "entry", and I like the theme, I still don't really like her voice. And it kind of feels like a stubborn move on russias part to send her again. Least this time she's allowed into the country lmao. Would not change the station if this song came on, but would not sing along.
5/10

DoReDos - My Lucky Day | Moldova
I don't like it. Sounds like its in the wrong decade.
2/10

Waylon - Outlaw In 'Em | The Netherlands
Someone is going to push me off a cliff for this but theres nothing about this song that I could like. I don't like the genre, I dont like the song, or his voice, or the lack of performance. I would turn off the radio if this came on. Yeah, it's a no from me.
1/10

Jessica Mauboy - We Got Love | Australia
This song also sounds like something I've already heard on the eurovision stage. And the song itself reminds me a lot like something by Leona Lewis or something. I don't hate it, but it doesn't strike me as very original. She is pretty cute, though.
6/10

Ethno-Jazz Band Iriao - For You | Georgia
I find this song boring. Their vocals are nice, but I don't like the song itself.
3/10

Gromee feat. Lukas Meijer | Light Me Up - Poland
A very club/festival song. Catchy and easy to listen to, I'm curious to see what they do for the live performance, as the only image in my mind is a DJ set sort of setup.
6/10

Christabelle - Taboo | Malta
This song feels incredibly similar to the one about monsters. Like intensely similar. I'm glad they arent in the same semi or I'd be extremely confused. I like it, though, pretty catchy. Curious to see what they do for the performance as well.
6/10

AWS - Viszlát Nyár | Hungary
mmmmmm oh yes, such a nice break from the lovey soft and mushy songs. I actually like this one a lot. I'd definitely "sing" along if I knew the language. But it sure does hype me up and make me want to shake my head a ton at any rate. oof I like it a LOT.
9/10

Laura Rizzotto - Funny Girl | Latvia
I'm gonna be biased on this one since it's my home country, but I really do like the song and her voice a whole lot. And it's a cool spin on the generic love song. I also did like her performance on the small stage, so I'm curious to see how it will end up looking on the big stage. Would be cool if she dressed up like the "funny girl" character.
8/10

Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off | Sweden
I really like the old-EDM feel of this. He sounds kind of like Justin Bieber but I don't mind it, as the song doesn't feel like something JB would do, although it is a bit generic-feeling. I also really like the "old" effects in the video, I hope he can somehow translate those into his stage performance.
7/10

Vanja Radovanovic - Inje | Montenegro
meeh don't like the song style and it feels boring to me.
4/10

Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne | Slovenia
k-pop? aight. not my thing, though. Wouldn't mind listening to it, but wouldn't actively seek it out to listen to it.
5/10

MELOVIN - Under The Ladder | Ukraine
Right from the bat I can tell that I love the melody and his vocals. The song overall does begin to feel a bit repetitive, but I do still like it.
6/10

So from the second semi I want these songs to get to the final:

5. Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off | Sweden
4. Laura Rizzotto - Funny Girl | Latvia
3. Sanja Ilić & Balkanika - Nova Deca | Serbia
2. Rasmussen - Higher Ground | Denmark
1. AWS - Viszlát Nyár | Hungary

As for the big 5:

Madame Monsieur - Mercy | France
Her voice is really pleasant. The theme of the song is very interesting as well.
7/10

Ermal Meta e Fabrizio Moro | Non Mi Avete Fatto Niente - Italy
This song is catchy and with a good meaning. Might sing along. I do notice that a good couple of the songs this year seem to have a very similar theme.
7/10

Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone | Germany
Oh boy, when I first heard this song I c r i e d. I still cry if I try to sing along. It's just so strong in such a pretty package. His vocals are beautiful and the song sounds so nice, I just love it overall.
10/10

Cláudia Pascoal - O Jardim | Portugal
ok first of all I might or might not be lowkey in love with the first singer. This song also hits me right in the feels and its just so pleasant to listen to. It feels so raw with nothing extra or too much.
8/10

SuRie - Storm | United Kingdom
this one sounds like I've heard it somewhere, too. Very generic sounding overall, though I don't hate the song itself.
6/10

And with that I am finally done. Eager to see everyone else's top songs this year c:
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx