Saddest Character Deaths in everything (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Saddest Character Deaths in everything (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Postby BananaSocks » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Any DC comic fans here? Okay so the new Wonder Woman movie was AMAZING (if anyone wants to fangirl with me just PM me) why don't we have a DC fanclub (we gotta have one)?

Name of character that died: Steve Trevor

What are they from: Wonder Woman (2017)

How they died: Okay so steve was actually part of the british army in World War I and he was a spy for them so he along with Wonder Woman (or Diana) and some other soldiers went to find out where the germans had their gas and went to destroy it in order to stop the war. The germans had the gas (chemical weapon they used in the World War I) in a plane kept in bombs and they were planning on dropping those bombs everywhere so everyone on the ground where they dropped the gas would probably die (and a lot of them would die if they did) so they figured it would stop the war if they got rid of it. Diana was gonna fight the villain when Steve told her to go on and fight him or something, he said "I can save today but you can save the world" and so he gave her his watch which meant a lot to him and told her that he loves her and runs to the plane. And he takes off and while he was high up in the air, because the gas was flammable and would hence be destroyed when set aflame, Steve took out his gun and smiled to himself, destroying the gas as he died.

What made his death so sad was that at the beginning it seemed like after what he had seen from the war he had no faith in humanity. But after meeting Diana and seeing how genuine she was how she only had love for the people, he regained back his faith in the world so he died happy knowing that thousands of lives would be saved and the war would finally end because of his sacrifice, Diana would save the world and that there was still good and love in the world. It was also sad that he influenced Diana who thought that all the people on earth didn't deserve the gods to help them that it wasn't that and was instead what they believed in. And Diana killed Ares (but saving Dr Poison because she believed that love could save everything) saying "It's not about what they deserve its about what we believe... and i believe in love"

Steve is literally one of the best characters I have ever seen. He was a feminist, a humanist, he encouraged and respected Diana (they both did) he is selfless, knows how to be vulnerable. He was kind and amazing but he was never arrogant or sexist.

Overall though this death was bittersweet it wasn't necessarily sad (Although I myself cried) it gave me happiness and hope that there was love in the world and that our world wasn't necessarily filled with darkness and hatred.

Clip or quote (if applicable):

"“I can save today. You can save tomorrow. I wish we had more time. I love you"

Okay so I've ranted so much about Wonder Woman (and rather incoherently haha) go watch it I highly recommend it. It changed my perspectives and views on people, on life. People sometimes degrade superhero movies/shows/comic books but they can actually inspire you. Wonder Woman changed my life in some aspects and I now have two new idols to look up to and learn from.
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufoparty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:12 am

BananaSocks wrote:Any DC comic fans here? Okay so the new Wonder Woman movie was AMAZING (if anyone wants to fangirl with me just PM me) why don't we have a DC fanclub (we gotta have one)?

Name of character that died: Steve Trevor

What are they from: Wonder Woman (2017)

How they died: Okay so steve was actually part of the british army in World War I and he was a spy for them so he along with Wonder Woman (or Diana) and some other soldiers went to find out where the germans had their gas and went to destroy it in order to stop the war. The germans had the gas (chemical weapon they used in the World War I) in a plane kept in bombs and they were planning on dropping those bombs everywhere so everyone on the ground where they dropped the gas would probably die (and a lot of them would die if they did) so they figured it would stop the war if they got rid of it. Diana was gonna fight the villain when Steve told her to go on and fight him or something, he said "I can save today but you can save the world" and so he gave her his watch which meant a lot to him and told her that he loves her and runs to the plane. And he takes off and while he was high up in the air, because the gas was flammable and would hence be destroyed when set aflame, Steve took out his gun and smiled to himself, destroying the gas as he died.

What made his death so sad was that at the beginning it seemed like after what he had seen from the war he had no faith in humanity. But after meeting Diana and seeing how genuine she was how she only had love for the people, he regained back his faith in the world so he died happy knowing that thousands of lives would be saved and the war would finally end because of his sacrifice, Diana would save the world and that there was still good and love in the world. It was also sad that he influenced Diana who thought that all the people on earth didn't deserve the gods to help them that it wasn't that and was instead what they believed in. And Diana killed Ares (but saving Dr Poison because she believed that love could save everything) saying "It's not about what they deserve its about what we believe... and i believe in love"

Steve is literally one of the best characters I have ever seen. He was a feminist, a humanist, he encouraged and respected Diana (they both did) he is selfless, knows how to be vulnerable. He was kind and amazing but he was never arrogant or sexist.

Overall though this death was bittersweet it wasn't necessarily sad (Although I myself cried) it gave me happiness and hope that there was love in the world and that our world wasn't necessarily filled with darkness and hatred.

Clip or quote (if applicable):

"“I can save today. You can save tomorrow. I wish we had more time. I love you"

Okay so I've ranted so much about Wonder Woman (and rather incoherently haha) go watch it I highly recommend it. It changed my perspectives and views on people, on life. People sometimes degrade superhero movies/shows/comic books but they can actually inspire you. Wonder Woman changed my life in some aspects and I now have two new idols to look up to and learn from.

(*casually hovers while on hiatus*)

The way he died was cheesy, however I teared up at his death, I got pretty attatched to him so it sucked when he killed himself. I agree that it was a great movie though!
Image fox | they/them | adult | film major
ufoparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturne_990 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:24 am

Clara Oswald in doctor who! Don't tell me if she comes back, but she is the best companion!
Nocturne_990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyatt » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:13 am

Name of Character that died: Datu and Saul (separately)
Where they are from: The We're Alive: A Story of Survival podcast
How they died: Datu was an immigrant from the Philippines that worked as the handyman at the apartment building that became the Tower. He was adept in repairing and creating machines for the Tower and later the Colony (a place they all moved to after and attack). He was attacked by a 'little one' (one of the 'zombies' that were at one time very small, but at that point were large) and his whole team was killed. He barely survived and was infected, he finished the ground well he was working on and briefed others on how to work and keep up the 'Mata-gun' (his own invention) before he begged to be killed before he turned. The people with him overdosed him on painkillers so he would go peacefully.
Saul was a Soldier and one of the other 'original' cast members (Datu was as well). Saul seemed to have an immunity to the infection that had swept across the US (and possibly the world, but in the story only the western US and Hawaii were mentioned). He was infected but never turned. Saul recently lost his new wife (met and married after the outbreak) after she gave birth to his son due to complications. He becomes reckless and eventually gives his life to blow up the main den of the infected, claiming that only he could do it because he couldn't turn. He essentially goes out the biggest hero and secures the Colony's safety.

I mean the series is great and heartbreaking (in the best way) and a lot of the deaths are meaningful. These two get me every time though. It doesn't help either that they both left kids behind (Datu had his adopted daughter Hope, and Saul had his son Nicholas)
Kyatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raspbby » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:26 am

Eiknarf990 wrote:Clara Oswald in doctor who! Don't tell me if she comes back, but she is the best companion!

I love Clara too! Hence my username and everything. I really want to tell you want happens to her but I won't :)

Run. Run you clever boy and remember me.

char | she/her

listo©flight rising
raspbby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the.lazy.panda. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:48 am

Nina Tucker - Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Just read the story or watch the episode, you won't be able to stop your tears.
Her father, Shou Tucker has been voted the most Hated anime character ever.
she/him | biromantic asexual | adult
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
the.lazy.panda.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sᴛɪᴛᴄʜᴇs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Name Of Character: Thorin Oakenshield.
    What Are They From?: The Hobbit trilogy.
    How Did They Die?: Mortally wounded by Azog the Defiler.
    Clip Or Quote: Here.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Stitch | 13+ | Any Pronouns | Single
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
NAVIGATION
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Slot • Slot • Slot • Slot • Slot • Slot
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
sᴛɪᴛᴄʜᴇs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Oh, I really wish I didn't have to post here...

Character: ,,Jon,,
From? Eddsworld
How did he die? Ah, he was badly injured during The End after Tord's robot exploded...
Clip/Quote: At the end of the credits for The End, Jon was seen as a ghost. The last thing he said was "Something," because Eduardo tried to get him to say something. Nonetheless I'm pretty heartbroken.

i started crying about him last night; sleep tight sweet prince ;n;
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Johto » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:36 pm

In my opinion, Blackavar's death in Watership Down was sad, it was so quick but heartbreaking.
Anna | She/her | Nonbinary
Fictional middle aged
man Enthusiast | I love
Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic,
FFXIV, No More Heroes,
MGR, Okami and Devil May Cry

I love animals in general, I
think marine life is really cool

Fandoms on my Carrd
Carrd | Toyhouse | Click if you dare
Funny video that I change sometimes

(I go by TwilightBard on most platforms)
Johto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Name of character that died: Jest.
What are they from: Heartless.
How they died: Okay, very long and complicated, so I shall try to simplify: Jest's lover, Cath, beheaded Peter the pumpkin eater's (as I said, long story) wife, who had eaten cursed pumpkins and turned into a Jabberwock. Peter the pumpkin eater beheaded Jest with an axe. Jest's death in itself wasn't really the sad part. He was fine, but he wasn't my favorite. What was awful was the aftermath. The four of them, Raven, Jest, Cath, and Hatta, had been given a prophecy: murderer, martyr, monarch, mad. They would have left and been fine, but Cath wanted to go back to save her maid and friend, Mary Ann, who had been captured by Peter. Cath, in an effort to get revenge, traded her heart for Peter's head, but in order to make it the heart of a queen, she had to marry the king, which she spent the whole book trying not to do. She then became the Queen of Hearts and outlawed white roses because they reminded her of Jest. Okay, so that sucked big time. But the very worst part for me was Hatta. He spent his life constantly moving to escape time to avoid the madness that plagued his family. After Jest was killed, he ran out of time snd went mad, and just before this you found out that he had been in love with Jest, as well, and I started crying at that point, and ugghh. It was terrible. And then he became the Mad Hatter, and he seemed so happy in Alice in Wonderland, and just ugh. Also, it was partially his fault that Jest died, because he had accidentally grown the cursed pumpkins, so he thought it was his fault.

I said long story short, and that's what this is. The actual story is waay more convoluted and complex.
Clip or quote(if applicable): Just gonna quote Hatta---aka, the Mad Hatter---here, since he's talking about Jest. Cath: "Then why did you come after me?" Hatta: "I had to go after him!"
And "He was enough trouble for both of us."
And, finally: "If you think you have a monopoly on loving him, you should be the king's new fool instead of his wife." I don't know why, but that last one really stuck in my mind. If anyone has read this, please give me a pm---I'd love to talk about it!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

ImageImage
Hi! I'm Erin/Eren/Aaron. Um.
Not sure what else to put here...I
guess, I'm kinda an average
teen...ask my pronouns, please.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━