✰ Anime Discussion ✰

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: ✰ Anime ✰

Postby scrunklies » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:39 pm

> What got you into watching anime?
    some anime kept getting recommended to me on netflix so i ended up watching haikyuu after awhile of getting it recommended to me
    > How long have you been watching anime?
    only since december 2020. tried watching tokyo ghoul in like 2017 after a friend recommended it, but i couldn't get into it so it put me off anime for a few years haha
    > What are some of your favorite anime?
    saiki k, sk8 the infinity, jujutsu kaisen, haikyuu, demon slayer
    > Do you also read Manga?
    i've tried to start but didn't have enough time, i'm hoping to read some soon!
    > Have you ever done any sort of cosplay?
    no
    > What’s your favorite genre of anime?
    tbh i don't have a favourite genre, i just watch what seems interesting
    > Do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither?
    subbed if i'm paying attention (so most of the time), dubbed if i'm using it for background noise/not paying full attention
    > What are some good recommendations for those just starting out?
    umm haikyuu i guess because it's what got me started on watching anime so

i also recently watched death note and anohana: the flower we saw that day and enjoyed them both!

eddie
adult !
he/him

Image Image
scrunklies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aroaceaspie » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Watching them on cartoon network as a kid and it evolved from there. Internet culture as well later on.

The first ones I've watched was as a kid, so awhile. More actively in the past 5 years or so though.

Man it's hard to choose xD
Atm I'd say it's jojo's bizarre adventure, mob psycho 100, golden kamuy, michiko to hatchin, hunter x hunter, dorohedoro and cowboy bebop

Yes. In some cases it's better over watching the anime if the adaptation isn't all that. Or if the anime is not caught up to the manga. Like with dorohedoro, which I'm currently reading.

No, lack of funds and opportunity to do it but I would rly like to :U

Shonen, seinen, mystery, psychological horror, comedy, slice of life;

Mostly subbed but if the dub is good I might re-watch it dubbed.

Something that isn't too long, like mob psycho 100 or toilet bound hanako. People tend to recommend the classics like dragon ball or one piece but those are pretty long and dense, so not good starter anime. An old classic that is shorter is cowboy bebop 👀 (no, it isn't a bias that makes me recommend it >.>)
Pet's name: Joseph Joestar
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

ImageImageImageImageImage
aroaceaspie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forest97 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:07 pm

having access to a computer and being autistic
about 10 years
Hunter x Hunter (2011), Made in Abyss, many slice of lifes that are funny such as Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou.
Not very much
No
Good quality
Slice of Life
There are rare exceptions where I watch English dubs, maybe like once or twice because I had to.
Anything is good to start out really! Maybe some older classic ones like Naruto, Soul Eater, Death Note, Ouran High school host club. Be mindful of skipping garbage. Or have the experience of trudging through garbage, either way. I've been there.
Forest97

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rock231 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:04 pm

having access to a computer .
about 4 years.

My most favorite anime series are pokemon, one-piece, naruto and fairy tail.

Nah! I don't have much free time for reading manga/

No

Good quality

good content

I specially watched subbed.

Anything is good to start out really! Maybe some older classic ones like Naruto, one-piece, pokemon, dragon ball z. Be mindful of skipping garbage. Or have the experience of trudging through garbage, either way. I've been there.
rock231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Himiko_Toga » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:11 am

> Some of my favorites are D. gray man, Blue Exorcist (specifically the manga), and Beastars.

> I don't really have a favorite genre, but I'm usually drawn to shows with supernatural themes.
> I do read manga, just not as frequently as I watch.
> I watch mostly sub, but there are times I watch dub. I enjoyed the Ouran High-school Host Club dub quite a bit.
> For beginners it depends on what they enjoy, but something like Horimiya or Toilet Bound Hanako-kun would be my general recommendation.
Last edited by Himiko_Toga on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

 ༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

╔════════╗

╚════════╝

༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒
Himiko_Toga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TTTTTTTTTT0 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:25 pm

I'm actually reading the demon slayer manga rn
Ill be giveing my pets to random people (in large amounts) as i dont plan on playing on this anymore. I will come back when theres updates and give out more but thats about it.
TTTTTTTTTT0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Helpless » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:30 am

I'm so sorry guys so random but it's just that every time I look at my signature I just want to watch every single moment of Jellal and Erza and it makes me cry inside because of how cute it is. T_T If you haven't seen Fairy Tail you're missing out like oh my god.
h╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
h║ ✻ ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏғɪʟᴇ! ✻ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ. ✻

h

h
ɪ'ᴍ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ & ᴀғᴛᴇʀɴᴏᴏɴ!(ᴄsᴛ)
h

h
hhhhhhhh]✻ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴇᴇ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴɪᴍᴇ! ✻
h╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
h

h

h

h

h

h

h

hhh"𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚢.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎." -𝙱𝚊𝚗

hhhhhh*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ✻ 𝙱𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✻ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Helpless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AnaknyaMama » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:24 pm

I think it was way back when I was in fourth grade when my friends started mentioning about anime. The super curious myself started to browse what's an anime? And I found out what anime is.

Uhm, it's not like I watch it everyday. I only watch animes when I feel like to but I started watching from grade 4 until now. So, 2016-2021... about 5 years I say.

Tokyo ghoul is my ult, nisekoi fav romcom, spirited away is comfort anime/movie, attack on titan.

I read some. But I'm not a manga person so I like to watch more. Although, I'll read manga when I don't understand something that's going on in the anime or some parts that doesn't occur in the anime but the manga does.

No, but I would really love to cosplay Killua black turtleneck and white bottom look? I can't find an image on the look but hope some hxh fans know what I mean.

Romcom I guess

I watch subbed 'cause I'm not used to dubbed versions (and some dubbed anime is a bit weird, no hate).

1. Tokyo Ghoul (It's a good one to start if you like some gore-ish bit, monstery stuff, great animation and manga)
2. Nisekoi (A good start to romance but the ending might disappoint you. If you finished the season 2 and felt disappointed, you might want to read the manga)
3. One Piece (just great)
> call me Kei (she/her) <
> indonesian <
> ambivert (but more extro ig), libra, & entj-t <
> a minor <

cats & dogs
animals (pretty much all except the ones that creeps me out)
anime
movie (marvel cinematic, horror, thriller, action, etc.)
chinese food (issa comfort food)
art (i like to draw when i'm bored)
listening to music
making fake scenarios
going out
dislike
corona (covid-19)
online school (i kinda like it 'cause you get to cheat yk)
AnaknyaMama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby another eternity » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 am

my sister! bleach and sailor moon babyyyy

oof uh. 14 years or so?

puts mic to mouth. sailor moon and blea-- no but besides the obvious, vanitas no carte, and i have SUCH soft spots for ouran highschool host club and kuroshitsuji despite everything. including me wanting to fight sebastian what a tool sidenote if you want kuroshitsuji's aesthetics and humor and all that but done better? vanitas no carte. perfect. mwah mwah

yes!

no orz i've wanted to tho

literally no idea but i seem to fall into that category of,,,dark or gothic

either! just really depends. i find myself going for dubbed more often now than before bc it lets me be tabbed out

oh booyyy it really depends on your type and comedy? fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is SUPER well done so that's always a first, if you like sorta campy mainly focused on cool character designs and fights, bleach is so perfect for that. i will die on the hill that sailor moon is scifi bc it literally is, but for that i'd recommend the manga bc the old anime is so full of fillers and ehhhhhhh outside of the aesthetic, and crystal is weirdly animated until season 3 but follows the manga decently. but the manga is superior. trust me. speaking of manga if you like ghibli, witch hat atelier. trust me. if you like sad things that revolve around heavier concepts? death parade. if you like sports mixed with healthy romance thats pretty cute? yuri on ice. slice of life? flying witch, lucky star (classic.). uuHH magical girl? shugo chara is super cute, if you want a sad evil version of that, puella magi madoka magica. also tokyo mew mew good but my god i havent seen magical girl stuff outside of sailor moon in so long i remember so little <3
hiii, im not around all the time,
but i try to hop on for monthly drops and events.
im chronically ill, so i may not seem all there, but i dont bite! hard.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

another eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 790z » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:56 am

Awww yis, anime time 8-)

"What got you into watching anime?" Mostly seeing friends watching anime, and watching a few with my dad years ago.

"How long have you been watching anime?" Only a year, unless you count the few episodes I watched when I was younger, then several.

"What are some of your favorite anime?" My favorites are probably Cowboy Bebop, Berserk(1997), Dorohedoro(2020), and even though I haven't watched it since season 1, One Punch Man. If anyone has any good suggestions on anime kinda like these, feel free to message me or reply to me about them!

"Do you also read manga?" Yes, especially Berserk, Blame! and Dorohedoro. I usually prefer reading the manga before watching the anime, but I'm fine if it's anime first and then manga last.

"Have you ever done any sort of cosplay?" No, but I have thought about recreating the "Dragonslayer" sword from Berserk, or (even though this isn't anime lol) Kratos' blades from God of War.

"What's your favorite genre of anime?" Dark fantasy, action fiction, science fiction, high fantasy.

"Do you watch dubbed, subbed, or neither?" Dubbed, but I don't mind having to watch subbed.

"What are some good recommendations for those just starting out?" Both manga and anime wise, I'd go with Attack on Titan, One Punch Man or even Naruto for some good action packed and fun stories. Both are very good and easy for those starting out with anime/manga.

``...𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽...``

*You can call me Sev or Seven*
*She/Her*
*Adult*
*Returning user (2016 - 2017 was my og acc's year)*
790z

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups