Film Review & Discussion

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Film Review & Discussion

Postby MunchiiMoon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm

Rewatching an old favorite of mine (Two Brothers) and this scene struck me as familiar. Turns out dreamworks straight up pulled this scene from Two Brothers :T

A feline parent chasing down a truck carrying a crate that contains their cub. They jump on the back of the truck and start tearing on the crate before the driver spots them throught the side view mirror and shakes them off the truck. The parent sits in despair as they watch the truck drive off with their cub.

MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 am

Geowlett wrote:Rewatching an old favorite of mine (Two Brothers) and this scene struck me as familiar. Turns out dreamworks straight up pulled this scene from Two Brothers :T

A feline parent chasing down a truck carrying a crate that contains their cub. They jump on the back of the truck and start tearing on the crate before the driver spots them throught the side view mirror and shakes them off the truck. The parent sits in despair as they watch the truck drive off with their cub.

That's crazy! Two Brothers was one of my childhood favorites as well, but I'm not as familiar with the Madagascar series. Two Brothers broke my heart every time, yet I would watch it over and over again. Probably is part of the reason I'm so against poaching and animal abuse.

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

in space no one can hear
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 am

So many movies coming up lately
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:06 pm

A Very Anxious Spork wrote:So many movies coming up lately

Seen any interesting ones?

I haven't been able to go out to the cinema much lately. I did watch The Meg at home yesterday. Not much to talk about there, just your standard mind-numbing action movie, this time with a giant shark. The amount of cliches and tropes they managed to squeeze into one film was pretty impressive, I guess. :lol:
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 pm

So far, I'm excited for Creed II and Ralph Breaks the Internet. I absolutely loved the firsts and hope they don't ruin too much. I typically don't have much hope for sequels but from what I've seen, they seem like they'll be decent.

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

in space no one can hear
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polerberr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Hey Birb, welcome to the thread. c:

The Lion King has been close to me ever since I was young. I was really skeptical about the remake when it was first announced, but so far, everything that's been revealed about the film has been surprisingly positive. I'm feeling hopeful about it, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it. My only complaint is that I was hoping Lupita Nyong'o would be cast as Nala. I liked her voice in The Jungle Book, and would have loved it for Nala. Oh well.

Super hero movies aren't exactly works of art, but they're definitely fun and worth getting into. Most of the fun comes from the hype that surrounds them when new films release, and in the Avengers movies when you see all the characters interact with each other. Honestly interactions between the Guardians of the Galaxy characters and the original Avengers crew were pretty great. This only goes for Marvel though. I wouldn't recommend DC to you. The good DC movies are really dark (Nolan's Batman movies), and the rest are just garbage IMHO.

How's everyone feeling about Toy Story 4? I feel like 3 was a perfect note to end on, soooo I'm not digging it.
polerberr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:13 am

All movies are works of art, and considering the factvthat most superhero movies take you through heavey, tear jerking themes with very real, life like, down to earth characters while also putting in tons of well used fantasy, I'd say superhero movies are some of the greatest works of art out there.

I've been pumped for Toy Story 4 since the first teaser trailer came out. My avatar and username are themed after it in fact, but apparently my avatar isn't showing up now?
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Peregrin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:35 pm

It's been so long since I've posted! I've seen so many movies in the interim, I'll just give you the good ones.

Won't You Be My Neighbor?: If you ever watched Mr. Rogers as a kid (or even if you didn't), this is a fantastic story. Mr Rogers was a man of conviction and integrity who never forgot what it's like to be a kid. If you want to hear a story about a quiet person finding his voice, give this a shot!
The Breadwinner: I read this book when I was in middle school and didn't find it terribly memorable, but this movie is beautiful. It's from the studio that made The Secret of Kells, and they just breathe life into the story. It feels like some post-apocalyptic dystopia, except that it's based on actual history (it's set in Afghanistan).
Kubo and the Two Strings: I know this one's from a couple years ago, but I was really leery of Studio Laika after Boxtrolls. It seemed that all their films got critical acclaim, but they just didn't work for me. Until Kubo. This is simply gorgeous - the creepiness isn't as in-your-face, and the story is really emotional and compelling. I'm a sucker for stories about family and stories about the power of story, so this just hit the spot. It's a masterpiece.

That's all for now xD I'm planning on seeing Wreck-It Ralph 2 sometime soon, so hopefully I'll be back with that.
Captain Peregrin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avalon! » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Favorite Movie(s) and Why

- Goosebumps (Just An All Around Awesome Movie And I Have A Really Fun Memory Of Seeing It In The Theater)
- Oliver & Company (An Underrated Classic That Has Great Animation, Songs, and Story)
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron (Introduced My 2 Favorite MCU Characters & Definitely One Of The Super Rewatchable Marvel Movies)
- When Marnie Was There (Absolutely Beautiful, Amazing Song, Message, Story, And Will Literally Make You Bawl, A Masterpiece)
- Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (The Best Harry Potter Film)

Least Favorite Movie(s) and Why

- The Lorax (Terrible, Just Terrible Animation, Story, Characters, Songs, Villain, Everything, I Wish I Just Could Erase This Movie)
- Ponyo (PONYO WANT HAM. Beautiful Animation, But Really Unlikable Characters And The Story Was Just Really Weird)
- Ralph Breaks The Internet (So Bad. Every Likable Character Was Made Unlikable And The Plot Was Just Garbage)
- Incredibles 2 (Should Be Called The Elastigirl Movie Cause She Was Pretty Much THE ONLY INCREDIBLE DOING ANYTHING)
- The Good Dinosaur (Cave Boy Rips Head Off Giant Bug With Teeth, Dinosaurs Are Farmers Now, Creepy Villains, Just Awful Movie)

Best Movies Ever Seen

- Goosebumps
- Oliver & Company
- The Lion King II Simba's Pride
- The Lion King
- Mulan
- Mulan II
- The Little Mermaid II: Return To The Sea
- Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- When Marnie Was There
- Whisper Of The Heart
- From Up On Poppy Hill
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Castle In The Sky
- Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
- Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them
- The Jungle Book Live Action
- Aladdin Live Action
- Ratatouille
- UP
- Toy Story 3
- Monsters University
- Finding Dory
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End
- Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales)
- Narnia: Prince Caspian
- Tangled
- Zootopia
- Moana
- Big Hero 6
- Wreck It Ralph
- Super 8
- Sixteen Candles
- Napoleon Dynamite

Worst Movies Ever Seen

- The Lorax
- Arthur Christmas
- Ponyo
- Ralph Breaks The Internet
- Incredibles 2
- Fletch
- Toy Story 4
- The Good Dinosaur

Favorite Director

Don't Have One.

Favorite Actor

Finn Wolfhard Or Tom Holland.

Favorite Actress

Keira Knightley Or Sophia Lillis.

Any Film Critics you follow?

Nope.
Avalon!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wormooze » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Favorite Movie(s) and Why
    Nightmare before Christmas: I think that it is a beautiful movie and the stop motion is just phenomenal for it's time, a very interesting story and i'm always a sucker for Danny Elfman's music

Blade Runner: Story, wonderful. Actors, amazing. Cinematography, breathtaking. Soundtrack, just beautiful.

Hereditary and Midsommar: I put these two as the same because they are done by the same director and are similar in the ways I like them. They really go back to what original horror movies did by really scaring people and making them uncomfortable but also have new horror elements and I really like that.

Least Favorite Movie(s) and Why
    Yesterday: It's just a nostalgia fest for older people. The characters were flat and the story was very cut and paste romance

Annabelle: There was almost no actual story for this movie and completely relied on cheep jump scares that weren't scary

Best Movies Ever Seen
    Nightmare before Christmas

Worst Movies Ever Seen
    Yesterday

Favorite Director(s)
    Ari Aster

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
wormooze

My pets
My items