Ace Attorney!

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: Ace Attorney!

Postby coelagirl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:02 pm

If I may add my HOT TAKE...I can't condone people just charging into non-shipping spaces and getting their greasy little hands all over everything, that's just like. Real obnoxious. But I think with a ship like EdgeWright that is clearly Never Going To Happen, shippers like to take what they can get, even if it's just two characters next to each other. You might want to stand close to the people you're romantically interested in too, after all I am reliably informed that that's a thing! Ya know there will never canonically be anything more explicit, so they have to try and ferret out the undertones. And that comes off in a really pushy manner.
Like. Pretty much any interaction can be taken as romantic if you have your shipping goggles on and you're looking for it. You see it for almost every ship out there.

I like the ship because of the mutual respect and trust Pheonix and Edgeworh have for each other! I mean, yeah, it's totally meant in a friendship manner, but that's a perfect basis for a romantic relationship too! They clearly care a lot about each other, somehow or another, I just like to see it in a romantic way. Plus the character development from enemies to friends (To boyfriends) is like. Love that stuff.
The "out of context" lines are just icing on the cake lmao I don't see a need to use them as 'evidence.'
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NormalHero » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:26 pm

In most cases it's never the pairing itself that ruins it,mat least for me, but the fanbase. Fans can get waaaay to into their ships to the point where you just can't take seeing the ship anymore. Especially with widely popular ships, more people = higher chance of coming across obnoxious shippers. And sometimes the fans get all high and mighty simply because the ship is really popular
NormalHero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollo Justice » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:38 am

I can agree with that. The less popular a ship is, the more likely I'll see a piece of shippy media, laugh at the thought of the pairing, and go on my merry way. The more popular and often I see a ship, the more likely it is for me to see a piece of shippy media and groan, because that's the fifth example I've seen today without trying to look for them.

To be honest, I have "shipping goggles" of my own, but my lack of any interest in love etc. just makes me go "I can totally see someone shipping these two, but I don't care for that kind of stuff".
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
~ Hello there ~
------------------------------------
My name's Apollo Justice, yo!
I like Ace Attorney (duh),
retro gaming, Gravity Falls,
drawing, and some other stuff.

I'm still upset over Romein Le'touse's name pun.

Come and check out my AA trash blog!

Apollo Justice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:36 am

ThunderDragonDhurke pretty much summed everything up--it's not the ship itself that people have problems with, but the obnoxious shippers in the fanbase, and there are a lot of them. Or at least, it's a vocal minority, emphasis on "vocal". Of course there are reasonable shippers and I don't have any problems with them and I don't think anyone on this thread has issue with them either, since no one had a knee-jerk reaction to someone saying that they like Narumitsu. There are definitely plenty of anti-shippers who get pretty nasty too.

Either way, the Shipping Goggles are the main problem, at least for me. Since there are so many Narumitsu shippers, a lot of them have to wear them to have context for the ship because, as you said, there's nothing explicitly supporting it. Having them turn Phoenix and Edgeworth just breathing in the other's direction as more evidence for the ship gets old fast, especially since a lot of the things that the shippers use can just be explained away by canon.
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:43 pm

I can agree with that considering how much Narumitsu I see almost everyday. I like to read fanfictions, look at art and whatnot, but the problem I see is that there is so much Narumitsu that I cannot even bother looking for an interesting thing to read without seeing that ship. However, I do see some people around who ship Narumitsu without going overboard about it, and I feel as though others should follow.

Speaking of ships, I do like some pairings as well, but sometimes I might be cut down due to some people not accepting my interests or reasoning to go along with it.
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:15 pm

That's one of the most unfortunate aspect of shipping and that sucks for everyone that it's happened to. We all know that Shipping Is Serious Business but people shouldn't attack someone else for their shipping preferences.

I think we've run this topic into the ground though so I have a question for everyone! If you were a character in AA and one of the WAA attorneys presented both their attorney's badge and an unnecessary piece of evidence to you, what would you say in response to them?
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puzzles101 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:28 pm

My answer:

..............I have nothing else to say besides...............
Let it go and move on.
(I immediately thought of Nahyuta when I read that for some reason :D).
Puzzles101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Maybe mine would be something like…

"What do you think about this piece of evidence?"
"It looks great."
"You didn't even look at it."
"Mm-hmm…"
(She's not even paying attention to anything I say.)

"Look at this!"
"A…pin?"
"It's my attorney's badge."
"Oh. I guess what they say is true…"
"What do they say?"
"You attorneys just go around presenting your badges to everyone when you don't know what to do just to see how they'll react."
"………" (They're onto me.)
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollo Justice » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:03 am

Mine would probably be like:

"What do you th-"
"Whoa, is that a real murder weapon?"
"Yeah, but-"
"Can I hold it? Or draw it?"
"No- *sigh* never mind..."

*points to badge*
"Yeah, yeah, I know you're an attorney. What is it with you guys and your badges?"
"Well... I don't actually know."
"Oh."
"..."
"..."
~ Hello there ~
My name's Apollo Justice, yo!
I like Ace Attorney (duh),
retro gaming, Gravity Falls,
drawing, and some other stuff.

I'm still upset over Romein Le'touse's name pun.

Come and check out my AA trash blog!

Apollo Justice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnal. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:51 am

Haha...draw the weapon? Pun intended? Or no?
autumnal.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me