Least favorite book

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: worst book ever

Postby Feliks » Sat May 27, 2017 8:20 am

100 years of solitude

The constant repetition of the sentence "as he stood in front of the firing squad" got old the third time around
and it made me say "we got the picture already". It was overall very boring and very disturbing, the main focus
seemed to be the characters having their fantasies as well as a lot of other unwanted mush, it's not written
poorly, but it seems more like someones fanfiction rather than a story, in the first few chapters it focuses way
too much on the village of macondo and the gypsies, the main issue of the story doesn't even come till later as it
spends too much time introducing the characters and describing the changes in the village. The firing squad takes
a long time to appear in the story because of this extra mush in the first few chapters.

it's like .. "we don't need to hear more about rebeca eating earth, you told us that already"

and" great another page dedicated to Aureliano and his fantasy"

lastly "another few pages dedicated to Armaranta being angry yay!"

see what I mean? the first chapters just repeat themselves over and over about things the reader already knows about.
wip
Feliks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leerie » Sun May 28, 2017 6:37 am

This book called Dragon Rider was the worst book ever. There were too many characters that didn't have any development at all, and the story moved too fast for any relationships between any of the characters to happen. The villain hunted down the main characters just because it was fun, which isn't a very good reason.
Image....

DON'T GET COOKED!
STAY OFF THE HOOK!

🦑🐙

owl ♫ they/xe ♫ adult
free pets!
art comms
website
flight rising
leerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kököchin » Sun May 28, 2017 6:38 am

Smiles to Go

The transitions are too fast and don't make sense.
kököchin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonGamingGirl » Mon May 29, 2017 4:53 am

Hunger Games: Mockingjay. Half of everyone died, and the transition to when Katniss had kids made no sense. It felt very rushed, and the ending sucked.
You laugh at us because we're different

|-/•Dragon•She/Her•Bisexual•Taken•|-/

╔═════════════╗

Hoi! Im Dragon,
I'm obsessed with PATD and
Undertale! I also
Like twenty one pilots and I
don't bite so feel
free to PM me or send me a
trade!
Adoption Center

╚═════════════╝

We laugh at you because you're all the same

DragonGamingGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby relientcola » Mon May 29, 2017 5:18 am

Ligerteeth wrote:A hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. I started slamming my face into the wall. It seemed to make time crawl even slower each word.

Oh man, I gotta agree with you there

I'll admit, I didn't even finish it. That's something I rarely do with books. But the humor was awfully dry, the pacing was slow, and a lot of random things were thrown in there as a lazy attempt to make the reader laugh.

I was also extremely disappointed in the Hunger Games series. The idea and the world the author created were magnificent, but of course the protagonist was the stereotypical whiney teenage girl. Katniss complained the entire time. To some degree, I get it. You were forced to fight and kill random strangers by a totalitarian government. But she is constantly complaining. The love triangle was also completely unnecessary. Love in general wasn't needed. The focus of the plot shouldn't be whether or not she loves her best friend or some baker more, it should focus on the dystopian society. I'm all about having a strong female protagonist, but I hate when authors include all of this romance, and make the female character weak and helpless.
relientcola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSocks » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Honestly Hunger Games was still okay (overall i don't really like dystopian books?) I've never really liked the Divergent series but they aren't the worst book ever.

I think the worst book is

(so many people may hate me for this)

The Twilight Saga

The characters are so badly developed especially the love story between Bella and Edward. The plot is pretty much undeveloped as well and the characters have no depth or meaning in them. I feel that the books were really degrading towards women as well because Bella literally couldn't live without edward??? It was really badly written in my point of view I've read the first three books but I gave up after that

(btw this is my personal opinion so I'm sorry if I offended you in any way)
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx
    xxx

im electric, a romantic cliché
    heather • löded diper fanatic
    im an art student, hoping to do
    something that i like. talk to me
    about film books music anything.
    i listen to a ton of rock and indie
    bands, if you like declan mckenna
    wolf alice nothing but thieves
    lorde the strokes florence + the
    machine we are friends, it is the
    law. uh i wish i had some fish
    discord [#6740] insta spotify
xxxxxx
BananaSocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:35 pm

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas has just become...so problematic for me

I mean they're far from the worst books ever but I felt like mentioning them here because at one point it was one of my favorite YA series of all time, and now I don't even know if I want to read the final two books. Books one through three were great, then I read 4 and 5 and just...ugh. I hate the main character. I hate that every male character in the series is essentially the same. I hate some of the harmful tropes that are running rampant through the book. I hate how disabled, POC, and LGBTQ characters are treated. I ESPECIALLY hate that SJM thinks it's okay to not use question marks -_-

I dunno. Maybe its a mark of personal growth as a reader that I started off loving them and now I'm walking a fine line between feeling just "meh" and "these books suck". SJM has consistently put out some of my FAVORITE books of all time, and some of my LEAST FAVORITES. Idk how to feel
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zexalii » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:17 am

I wouldn't say it's the worst book series ever (in my opinion) but the writing bothers me in Warriors and yet I can't stop reading it. At least it's gotten better. I was going to try to re-read the series but I couldn't because the writing bothered me so much in the first book
Vector • he/it • adult
Zexalii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrilvamp » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:19 am

I don't read physical books as often as I did in high school. I mostly listen to Audible books now when I'm commuting. So these two are just super glaring ones I remember hating in high school. Don't really have any more recent books that I remember hating.

*Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer*
I bought this book when it first released in stores. I was in the right age group for the Twilight series when first came out, and was a SUPER fan. I was so excited to finish the series I read it that night ALL night till morning. I only got about a third into the book by the time dawn broke (haha). I absolutely hated it by the time it was morning and never finished it. It absolutely ruined everything I had previously enjoyed in the books previously. That and I was probably getting too old for the reading level and was noticing more of the logic flaws in Meyer's story telling.

*Across the Universe by Beth Revis*
This book was tedious and absolutely the weirdest most contrived piece of light science fiction ever. It's essentially a fish out of water story in space with a contrived YA romance and unsympathetic jerkish male lead. I don't remember it that well plot wise. I just remember being very underwhelmed when I finished it.
Creepy Crawlie Simpathiser

Cyrilvamp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raikki » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Oh my there's a lot of bad books out there
Due to how incredibly over rated it is, I have the say that the warrior series was a dissapointment. Characters aren't wry well designed, and it just became something the authors were in to make money it seems.
Heck lionblaze literally can't get hurt that's like the definition of a Gary Stu.
Like honestly I just can't anymore.
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me