music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc.

Postby talkshow boy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:16 am

acaycia wrote:
    couldn't really wait and just listened to it anyway haha
    i wasn't disappointed!! 2d didn't sing much but that's finee, the album was really long though wow but i guess it's been six years
    which song was your favourite?? mine was probs ascension (the most popular out of the album rn im pre sure lmao) and i liked strobelite and momentz (charger was pretty cool too)

i really liked submission, strobelite, and out of body.
busted and blue nice too. the whole... vibe{?} of the album is just rlly cool
dont message me.
talkshow boy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laura palmer. » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:48 am

nnoy . wrote:

hello, everyone. i would just like to ask a question -- is it fine if one could discuss without being an official member? and discuss of something related to music, but not in relation to any artists, bands, pieces, or songs?
    cheers.

yes!! of course!!

also,, the new gorillaz album guys. i havent
    been able to hear the full thing yet, but im
    super excited about the songs i have heard.
    my dad is in love with it, hahah. phoenix re-
    leased new music too, i might go insane with
    the amount of new music coming out right n-
    ow.
laura palmer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .bails. » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 am

In the words of Bill Nye.... I need a minute (tell them how you really feel Bill.)

I feel like Fall Out Boy's new song (Young and Menace) is getting a crap load of hate just because it's different from their normal sound. Just let them experiment with their sound, who are you to criticize them? Pete said that that song is probably going to be the "most far left" song on the new album (meaning it's going to be the most different), and Patrick said on a different interview that the song is just layered bass, drums, guitar, and vocals. It's still their sound, but just layered up. It just sounds different because there's so many of them.
gay pirates, vampires and predestined half dragons, anything by casey mcquiston or neil gaiman, tea, and a healthy dose of hbo max. chronically tired but caffeinated. occasional studying

they/she
psych major, gender and women's studies minor
local book and library enthusiast

.bails.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 am

Just went to a great concert this weekend, so I think this is a great opportunity to rate some music LIVE. I'll start with day one. Out of order because I forgot the exact order and I'm going off the inaccurate order on the site. Will post it later.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Tue May 02, 2017 12:33 pm

.bails. wrote:In the words of Bill Nye.... I need a minute (tell them how you really feel Bill.)

I feel like Fall Out Boy's new song (Young and Menace) is getting a crap load of hate just because it's different from their normal sound. Just let them experiment with their sound, who are you to criticize them? Pete said that that song is probably going to be the "most far left" song on the new album (meaning it's going to be the most different), and Patrick said on a different interview that the song is just layered bass, drums, guitar, and vocals. It's still their sound, but just layered up. It just sounds different because there's so many of them.

i can't lie and say that i liked the song, because i really didn't, but i think it's pretty dumb to get mad at an artist for changing their sound or using the same sound a different way. i still have high hopes for the rest of the album regardless of my feelings towards this specific song, and i'm sure it's gonna be a great one!
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 pm

.bails. wrote:I feel like Fall Out Boy's new song (Young and Menace) is getting a crap load of hate just because it's different from their normal sound. Just let them experiment with their sound, who are you to criticize them?

The same thing is going on with Linkin Park right now. I like their new stuff and I think it sounds great but apparently not many people do. I've seen a few comparisons between them, the new Fall Out Boy song and Paramore dotted around social media too.
I think that, at the end of the day, if you don't like it nobody's really forcing you to listen to it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 am

Dama wrote:
.bails. wrote:I feel like Fall Out Boy's new song (Young and Menace) is getting a crap load of hate just because it's different from their normal sound. Just let them experiment with their sound, who are you to criticize them?

The same thing is going on with Linkin Park right now. I like their new stuff and I think it sounds great but apparently not many people do. I've seen a few comparisons between them, the new Fall Out Boy song and Paramore dotted around social media too.
I think that, at the end of the day, if you don't like it nobody's really forcing you to listen to it.

Mmmm yeah, people are always crapping on Linkin Park whenever they release a record.
I used to be a big fan (not really anymore) and in my travels on the internet I'd always see people saying some pretty nasty things about anything that they made after Meteora. I actually didn't mind a few songs from A Thousand Suns and Living Things; I bought Burn It Down, New Divide, Blackout and The Catalyst on my tablet, and The Hunting Party was my favourite album for a while. But loads of people were really loud and stinky because they wanted Hybrid Theory part 3 or some crap (Meteora would be HT pt 2). I heard Heavy but I didn't like it, but if that's what they wanna do then why the hell not let them do it? I don't really like the way Pearl Jam's going now but I just choose not to listen to any of it. There's other music I like better, and it's not like PJ's ever on the radio anymore xD
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nope. » Wed May 03, 2017 8:00 am

has anyone heard all time low's new stuff?
i really like life of the party and dirty laundry.
this years a good year for pop punk.

i liked young and menace and hard times (by paramore).
don't get people hating on a band for changing their sound.

Image☰☰☰☰☰☰
"I will pelt you with filth, I will treat you with contempt and make you a spectacle."
Image☰☰☰☰☰☰

current hyperfixations : nope, dead by daylight

Image Image
» palmer | oj
» kinnie / system
» he/him

flight risingtrade thread
nope.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Finally got around to the review. On vacation so the schedule is even more out of order.

Felicity
        N/A
        Skipped

Cover Your Tracks
        N/A
        Accidentally got there early. Sounded good but can't make an accurate judgement because I heard only two songs.

Beartooth
        8/10
        Awesome, energetic, but I totally wish they'd played I Have A Problem. They played Hated though, so I can't really complain.

Nothing More
        3.5/10
        Could just be me being me, but his voice grates on my nerves. I actually had to hold my ears at a few points in the set because it just was too much for me.

Motionless in White
        9.5/10
        This was my second time seeing them and they were just as awesome as they were the first time I saw them. They totally get the crowd going and they always play the songs they should.

In This Moment
        3/10
        Maria's too inactive on stage and treats the concert more like a theater than a rock festival....and is definitely too 'out there' when it comes to attire. It could just be me, BUT she sounds and looks like a blonde Bellatrix Lestrange. (If you don't know who Bellatrix is, look up 'Harry Potter') My mother, fellow Harry Potter fan, agrees.

Of Mice and Men
        8.5/10
        Played all the songs they should and Aaron has a really good voice. The only thing I say they need is a touring bassist. And Aaron needs to cut that hair. Why? Because, as he said after one of the songs, "I choked on my hair. That was embarrassing." They also totally are not used to heat, considering Alan Ashby tried getting the hose guy to spray them before he considered the electronics.

Alter Bridge
        9/10
        According to the logic used to rate all the other band, they should have a lower rating because Myles wasn't particularly active due to playing his guitar half the time. But he looks great, has an amazing voice, and well......he's MYLES KENNEDY. Honestly, who can go wrong with him on stage? I even got their autograph! And he also took the hose from the hose guy and sprayed the crowd and himself. Completely off topic, the hose guy at this festival is the best hose guy. He hose-bangs to the music.

Three Days Grace
        9.5/10
        No one told me Matt's hot. Sorry, had to say that. Stared at him the whole time. They played all my favorite songs, they sounded so amazing, and they were super active on stage. I got their autographs too. Heard half their set from the main area, and half in the Alter Bridge autograph line.

Seether
        9.5/10
        I heard the entire set from the autograph line. They sounded awesome and Shaun Morgan is probably the funniest frontman I've seen. Half the between song talk was sarcasm. The funniest thing was when he started Let You Down. Five seconds in he stopped it because the guitar tech gave him the wrong guitar. Here's what he basically said : "We're suddenly accepting applications for a guitar tech. Must enjoy long walks on the beach..." I forgot the rest of what he said but the guitar tech walked back red-faced with the correct guitar.

Papa Roach
        10/10
        This is the second time I've seen them, and they're just so amazing in concert. Jacoby Shaddix is the most personable frontman alive today. He said good bye to the sun, he interacted with his fans, he jumped around like he was still a teenager. And he enjoyed his duet with Maria WAY too much. Ended up covering Song 2 by Blur. They came out playing one of their high energy songs, ended with Between Angels and Insects. All was good with that set. My rating last time would've been a ten as well. On a side note, all the bands got on extra early. Thought the headliner would get extra time. Papa Roach stole the extra time. Jacoby gets off stage when he's good and ready.

Chevelle
        7/10
        They played almost every song I wanted to hear, except my favorite. They sounded great. It just wasn't as exciting as some of the other sets that day. Still great though. And I've gotta give the drummer applause for performing with a flu and not passing out on stage.

Def Leppard
        N/A
        Skipped but I was shocked with the amount of people there. For an 80s hair band, it caught me off guard. It was 50% more people than Disturbed who rocked another festival I went to. I honestly expected a massive amount of people exiting after Chevelle but it didn't happen. Not complaining, fastest I've ever gotten out of a concert parking lot.

And now....the Sunday.

Dinosaur Pile-Up, I Prevail, & Goodbye June
        N/A
        Skipped

Starset
        9.5/10
        They were really good. Frontman more personable than expected. Only vocalist I've seen to carry two mics. The guitarist, bassist, and drummer wore astronaut suits ; the drum enclosure was really neat. Actually their whole stage looked cool. They had a violinist and cellist onstage too. Now I know why the guitar in the song Monster sounds so interesting. It's not guitar.

All That Remains
        6/10
        They were okay. Didn't play the one song I knew though, and didn't engage the crowd enough. Although that was partially the fault of technical difficulties.

Eagles of Death Metal
        1/10
        I do not mean to offend any fans, but I must agree with my mother here. They're a band you should find in a mall or something and not at a rock festival. Too far out of genre for my liking and his mustache was too sixties.

In Flames
        7/10
        They actually did pretty good compared to most of the Sunday bands. Witty and sarcastic, sounded great, and played all the songs I wanted to hear : Take This Life, The Truth, and Deliver Us.

Highly Suspect
        1/10
        They did one major thing wrong ; they didn't engage the crowd. At all, if my memory is correct here. The music was slow too so I'm pretty sure they were a snoozer to me rather than what older folks call a 'sleeper'.

Mastodon
        4/10
        They were disappointing. Expected more energy and more interaction, and wished they'd played High Road. Honestly let me down there, considering the songs blurred together because they're similar to each other.

The Pretty Reckless
        5/10
        Disappointment number two here. The first time I saw them, I'd have rated it at least seven or eight out of ten. Taylor's voice sounded blown out, quite possibly because of the previous night's concert. Too much soloing from a mediocre guitarist (aka, he's totally not Mark Tremonti). And they just...didn't seem into it. At least I heard the songs I liked.

The Offspring
        2/10
        Honestly expected a lot more because of their fun music videos, so disappointment three. They were inactive on stage, singer spent the whole time playing guitar when two guitarists is plenty for a pop punk band. And they came off as really rude to me. Thought of some real unpleasant non-CS-suitable names mid-set too. They really never engaged the crowd, actually complained about the crowd, threatened to go off early, AND never mentioned any of the other bands. Like, you know, A Perfect Circle. Maynard's god of rock after all, although that's off topic for now. Or SOUNDGARDEN, grunge icons. I'll spare you guys more ranting. There was one good thing about the set. They played Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

A Perfect Circle
        11/10
        I'd suffer through the worst band in the whole world to see them again. This set defies logic. I like active singers. I love people who engage the crowd. Maynard did neither, being an introverted man of very few words. He wins out rating wise, because he's got the best voice. He sounded remarkable over acceptable quality festival speakers. He sounded BETTER than the recordings. That's never happened before live! He paid respect to the next band too, so he isn't a bad person either. With the lights, the phenomenal musicians, and the quality of his voice, the set really drew me in. I implore everyone to consider catching them on tour somewhere. You will not regret it. At all.

Side note;; Bands did not get early starts today. A Perfect Circle played so long over time that Soundgarden started only 30 seconds after they had stopped playing.

Soundgarden
        N/A
        Skipped, still surprised at attendance. Not as shocking as the amount of people who DID NOT leave for Def Leppard, but still a shock. Pondered staying, but his voice in Spoonman didn't sound so good. Got lucky again with the parking lot.

-------------------------

Best Overall Performance- Papa Roach
        Best Vocals- Maynard James Keenan of A Perfect Circle
        Biggest Surprise- Starset
Last edited by MeltiTheDragon on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm

This doesn't feel real. I've found four different sites, FOUR, that said the same thing. This can't be real. Can't be...
2016 didn't affect me much at all, but 2017's come round to bite me in the ass. Thanks, man, I'm almost crying and my hands are shaking. s:

I mean, it was inevitable, as it is for everyone, but why now?
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me