What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby imperfectforyou » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:57 am

alleyway wrote:idk if this really counts but rarities make zero sense to me, it should just be very rare is for very rare, not all this non's, ma's and whatnot. it's so confusing, i literally do not try to trade someone because i don't understand it.

also new outcomes that don't have rarities being auctioned and people getting INSANE overtrade is so crazy to me

YES. YES, YES, YES!!
I love trading but it's so overwhelming:(

My tongue is sacred, I speak upon what I like
Protected, sexy, discerning with my time
Your energy is yours and mine is mine

What's mine is mine

My face is sitting, I don't need no disguise
Don't comment on my body, do not reply
Your business is yours and mine is mine
imperfectforyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guh-huh! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:05 am

people with the omg so rare pets are the ones who set the prices for those pets.
    and sadly, they're allowed to say that one of their pets is worth x2 the true worth, and we can't do anything about it.
    because of this, some people will just never get their dream pets.
    the few people that have rares- (usually, they have so many it doesn't even matter what happens)- will only be able
    to trade with people who have multiple omg so rare pets as well.

so new people are, well, just really left out of the system.

it also incentivizes people to ninja trade others or also mark up their pets due to the few people who think their pet is worth more. it's really hard for me to get rare pets if people are like "well, i saw x going for three nons once, so i'm only going to value it at that."

hey ya'll! i'm guh!
    i use she/her pronouns & bi.
    i'm a full-time ecology student
    i'm fan of splatoon, pokemon,
    fire emblem, tpot, and yttd!

i've been on here since forever,
    and if you need help or a friend-
    i'm here to help!!

have a wonderful day!
guh-huh!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryomen » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:07 am

teariffic wrote:hot take: sometimes ppl send swaps bc they need the outcome ! whenever i do swaps and they're cancelled bc 'i already got that pet' i get sad bc urs is a double that i need, mine is a double, its still a fair trade. i don't get why you wouldn't just accept a simple monthly for monthly swap if you've got extras and don't hoard lol

i agree with this honestly, i end up with like 10 of a single pet i needed in my swap groups because i continue accepting swaps even after i get what i need hehehe. everything goes into my free adoptions after the month ends anyway so i'm never stingy with them. folks have their reasons for what trades they cancel and i respect that, but when you send 10 trades for the same outcome and it keeps getting rejected because others were faster or offered overpay, it's frustrating.

my personal take: the overpay expectation especially for unknown rarity pets has gotten a little out of hand.

edit:
alleyway wrote:also new outcomes that don't have rarities being auctioned and people getting INSANE overtrade is so crazy to me

oh good somebody said it. like what is going on??
the disgraced one.

mostly inactive. trading for monthly outcomes only.
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby house4hippo » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:22 am

alleyway wrote:idk if this really counts but rarities make zero sense to me, it should just be very rare is for very rare, not all this non's, ma's and whatnot. it's so confusing, i literally do not try to trade someone because i don't understand it.

also new outcomes that don't have rarities being auctioned and people getting INSANE overtrade is so crazy to me

I've got mixed feelings about the new worth system/rares list myself. I actually genuinely like the quantification (?) of trading in the sense that you know exactly how much you need to offer, in terms of quantity at least. the math aspect takes a lot of the stress and guessing away. but at the same time the higher those numbers go the more unreasonable it gets, and the most highly valued pets are so exponentially greater in value its INSANE. and as a side effect it makes the gap between rare+ pets and uncommon and under pets even wider, to the point where most of the time people won't even trade between the two anymore.

and yeah the new hard-to-get outcome auctions go CRAZYY lol. if you want to overpay for them that's your decision but I've literally seen ppl hosting auctions and asking for store pet offers...like cmon now...
Hello there I am a big nerd and I am proud
I really like Subnautica, Gravity Falls, Undertale, and Pokemon
Feel free to trade with me! Have a nice day!
house4hippo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AstralCookie » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:14 pm

using any other system of value other than c$ is really confusing and i dont find it helpful to loop around to pet values based on age that also have c$ values when adding up totals ? its just confusing
a non has a c$ value
and ma has a c$ value - why do we still loop back around to using pets (with differing demands, ages, etc) AS VALUES
this makes me avoid trades hahahaha

if anything, people using c$ values would create more complexity in the market because then demand could be accounted for and LOW demand pets cannot be used to just "take up a slot" in a trade
AstralCookie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruhn Danaan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:36 pm

Strap in everyone because I have many thoughts.

I joined in 2011. I was 13. I spent way more time on here than I should have, because it was an escape, it was so much fun. But that has changed so much over the years that not only is it not much fun anymore, but the users nowadays make it almost as stressful as in real life. Trading should be fun, everyone should be helping everyone else to complete their goals. It's not. Trying to trade anything is a horrible, anxiety inducing experience. Whether it's a thesis length wall of (frankly rude) rules, or people who only want overpay for even the most basic trades, it's extremely disheartening. It's more akin to the stock market than a fun game with cute pets.

• Dates shouldn't matter. At all. If they're the same rarity, they're the same rarity. Just because something's older doesn't mean there's less of them available than newer pets. That's why we have the rarity system in the first place.

• This is a very much discussed, very hot take. But I don't think anyone should be allowed to hoard VR+ pets. If there's 250 of a certain pet, and someone has 150 of them, then there's so many people who could want that pet more than anything else but they might never get it because they refuse to part with a single one of them.

• Offering multiple rares for an unknown rarity monthly is absolutely wild and is just going to tip the cs economy even more askew and needs to be reined in effective immediately.
"Scars only show us where we've been. They do not dictate where we are going." - Sgt. Harrison Scott (Criminal Minds)
Ruhn Danaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:38 pm

LionKingdom wrote:That most old pets aren't that good and people only like them because of their worth

For me, in design wise, old pets are meh. (not trying to be rude! just my personal opinion)

I’d have to disagree, I like them because of their simplicity. It’s not really a thing modern litters do super often anymore, because most of the simple ideas have already been done. I like new litters too but many of the older designs are great for dressing pets up

Having no trade rules is easier than having them. I wish tarantulas had more clothing. I prefer TDs to re-releases and do value them higher unless it’s crazy stuff like Sunjewel territory. Usually not so strict but I think the historically accurate date just looks better.
Last edited by Wired on Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:56 pm

ChainsawConsultant wrote:People who accuse others of being scammers for not knowing pet worth. As a person who is STILL struggling to get back into the CS economy, it's one of the harder petsites to get a general worth for pets of any age if you do not frequent like 7 different threads. Newer folks who don't have over a decade of lore as to why we use certain lists, or what NONs and MAs are are at a severe disadvantage. They see a pet they like and want to trade for it, if they're under simply tell them nicely instead of claiming they're trying to scam you. We all started somewhere

THIS. I have been on this site for over a DECADE and have just started to BARELY understand higher value trading. I know I've gotten blocked a few times due to offers I've sent. I feel like people think bc I've been on here so long that I just *know*. Literally got my first couple URs by chance, users that took underpay bc they simply didn't want them and that kick-started me right before the rarity update. I managed to snag the new UR dragon on Dec 18 (which was my first ever UR pull) so I have had to do tons of research and being an adult with a busy life it's hard to keep up. 😅 I have managed to finally get some of the pets I've been after since starting this site, just in the last couple months. Trading has become so complex and intimidating, I can only imagine how newer users feel.

My hot take - TFTT determining demand.
It took me FOREVER to trade a *pet bc users would go the FTT and ask about the fairness. "this is fair, but personally I wouldn't take it bc bad demand on their side" (not a direct quote, but similar); I feel like these types of opinions are what cause people to be hesitant when trading and this causes the "demand" to go down. Ppl get in the mindset of "oh I don't want that bc it has bad demand" bc someone decided they personally didn't like it so now it has bad demand?? I don't get it. 😅
That being said, I do use the FTT for help alot: so this isn't attacking anyone. Just a super frustrating thing I see happening. 😩

*Edit to take out the specified pet name; I don't want to go against the rules- not sure if I did specifically but just to be safe 😅*
Last edited by See_Air_Ruhh_ on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TooSpooky » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:04 pm

My hot take is that trading became so hard:

I used to play so often, trading nearly every day to get the pets I love, I can no longer do that because of how much everything is worth now, nons used to be around 1000C$, you could get everything so easily, now people want 2000+, and sometimes stuff on top of that, everything has doubled in worth in the last 2-3 years and it has made me quit the game cause I'm now unable to collect all the pets id love to have.

People have also become so rude, obviously not everyone, but a lot of people have such rude rules and some are even rude when you follow their rules if you don't know worth fully, I've heard of people blocking people because of being sent a suggestion, it's awful.

The trade system needs to be changed otherwise the game will slowly lose everyone, I've seen so many older players starting to quit because of all of this, no one can play for fun, trading has become so stressful for many.
TooSpooky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:09 pm

Hey everyone,
This is a reminder that this topic is not meant for ranting. Its fine to share your hot take provided you are not ranting or vaguing about other players. Talking about how you dislike how trading is at the moment is fine, but mentioning certain trades you've done recently or specific situations where its easy to pick out who was involved is not appropriate. Some posts have been removed for this reason. Please keep this in mind otherwise this topic may be locked.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me