(Announcement Pg 76) Demand Data Cloud

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Demand Values

Postby Seasonal » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:05 am

I like this. If certain pets go for a high price, I think everyone has the right to be aware of that. ^^ Thanks for taking the time to write this!

I think the Skelebun has spiked in rarity because everyone realized that it will someday (if not already) be the rarest pet on-site. So everyone rushed to trade for it while they still could, which drove the price up really high. I am guilty of this, heh. The same idea goes for the rest of the older Store pets.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:13 am

Seasonal wrote:I like this. If certain pets go for a high price, I think everyone has the right to be aware of that. ^^ Thanks for taking the time to write this!

I think the Skelebun has spiked in rarity because everyone realized that it will someday (if not already) be the rarest pet on-site. So everyone rushed to trade for it while they still could, which drove the price up really high. I am guilty of this, heh. The same idea goes for the rest of the older Store pets.

Yes, lol. I never got the hype of the skelebun, just because buns aren't a species that I like that much so meh. But my Punk store pet won't ever be going anywhere. When I get my Dragoncat PPS, neither will that one haha.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:20 am

Seasonal wrote:I like this. If certain pets go for a high price, I think everyone has the right to be aware of that. ^^ Thanks for taking the time to write this!

I’m glad you think so! ^^ absolutely~<3
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Recent High Demand Values

Postby Loelya » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37 am

I never received a direct answer to my question about whether or not to add a poll concerning the Seal PPS values, but I went ahead and did so, just in case. ^^ if anyone thinks the poll needs to be tweaked or anything please let me know!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ironic Equation » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:08 pm

Loelya wrote:I never received a direct answer to my question about whether or not to add a poll concerning the Seal PPS values, but I went ahead and did so, just in case. ^^ if anyone thinks the poll needs to be tweaked or anything please let me know!

The seals are tricky in my opinion because while they are quoted at sorbet value like the punks and androids, I actually see precious few trades of them trading for sorbs. I think what is happening is that as the earliest '10 store set everyone is holding onto them in hopes of a rarity change, so not a lot are actually being traded [plus they're not super common to start with]. When I do see trades it's usually for a whole set. Personally if I were to place them on this I would put them in the sorb to non category, even though I don't see them get a non, since I think they will begin to reach over sorbet value.
If anyone else has any thoughts on this it could be an interesting discussion :)
Send me TRADES!
PM me if you would like your pet identified or any advice on trade fairness/pet worth (:
My store pet collection was completed on the 16th of November 2019.
ImageImage
Ironic Equation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:25 am

Ironic Equation wrote:
Loelya wrote:I never received a direct answer to my question about whether or not to add a poll concerning the Seal PPS values, but I went ahead and did so, just in case. ^^ if anyone thinks the poll needs to be tweaked or anything please let me know!

The seals are tricky in my opinion because while they are quoted at sorbet value like the punks and androids, I actually see precious few trades of them trading for sorbs. I think what is happening is that as the earliest '10 store set everyone is holding onto them in hopes of a rarity change, so not a lot are actually being traded [plus they're not super common to start with]. When I do see trades it's usually for a whole set. Personally if I were to place them on this I would put them in the sorb to non category, even though I don't see them get a non, since I think they will begin to reach over sorbet value.
If anyone else has any thoughts on this it could be an interesting discussion :)

I think I would definitely hope to see several people agree on where (or even if) it would be helpful to add the seal PPS pets to the first post before I added them!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:46 am

The following is to be taken as constructive criticism!

Can I ask why you got your information from the thread that is six months old? Seems a bit too far back to use for how often demand changes. ^^
And also how often you plan to keep this updated? I’m not sure how quickly or often demand changes anymore, though as always I’m concerned with having a ‘list’ in writing of demand values.

I also want to add in something I think would be absolutely necessary for a thread like this.
I think it would highly benefit you to link to where you found why each pet is going for what it is. You say the Skelebun is going for 10+ nons? I think it would be necessary if there were some links underneath to the posts and/or trades to why you came to that conclusion.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:51 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:Can I ask why you got your information from the thread that is six months old? Seems a bit too far back to use for how often demand changes. ^^
And also how often you plan to keep this updated? I’m not sure how quickly or often demand changes anymore, though as always I’m concerned with having a ‘list’ in writing of demand values.

I only checked the last few of pages on that thread from right before it switched over to the new one! just to double check that someone didn’t say on the last page or something one value and someone else say on the first page of the new one a completely different value. Because I’ve seen that happen before and it cause confusion. I didn’t really put a picture for anything that didn’t have good consensus from further back than a month or so.

I was thinking maybe once a week would be a good interval to check for updates? Also I’m not at all trying to write a “list.” I’ve really tried to avoid putting that word anywhere on here. it’s just meant to be a visual guide to things that have already been stated/agreed upon by others.

also constructive criticism is absolutely welcome!! I will take any and all that others have to offer.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:00 am

Ah alright! That helps my view on that a lot knowing that about the thread, thank you!

I’m not sure what a reasonable amount of time for checking would be, just wanted to get your idea on how often you’ll be trying to update.

Also, while I understand you’re trying to avoid this being a list of any kind it just sort of happens with any guide like this. I super appreciate the fact that you’re avoiding anything saying guide or list, however! As an oldie that’s always a big problem, so your wording and title is appreciated by me. ^^

I also don’t know if you saw my edit in my last post and would highly like your thoughts on that. ^^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:03 am

bookmarked. thank you so much for this!

i was on hiatus for over a year, what happened that made the skelebun spike in rarity so much?

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me