April Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April Discussion Thread

Postby Saikiyo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Hocaro Kitsune wrote:Saikiyo please confirm what levels/characters the others are based on ;0;
Also what was the inspiration for the newborn?

Yes, the inspiration for this litter was indeed Spyro, specifically Spyro 2. The Spyro trilogy is a very near and dear game to me and Ripto's rage was the first video game I ever played.

Each of the outcomes were based off my favorite level from each home world. I focused on certain details and tried not to make it too close to the inspiration (changing colors and details).

Image This guy was based off 'Glimmer'. I focused on the intricate designs on the buildings. I made the base of the deer a bit dark and more of an earth tone to help bring out the grass, which if you look on cliff-sides it hangs off like moss. The building walls have dark blue and purple diamonds on them, I chose to use brighter colors such as the ones found on the large gems in the ground.

Image You guys already figured out this guy is 'Crystal Glaciers'. The bones along his neck were originally going to be a cream color but it blended in too much with the rest of the design so I made it black. The underbelly is the river of goo and the back has snow on it as well as some gems which show up on the walls.

Image This last one is a little odd as it's more based off an enemy than the level. It's based off the level 'Cloudy Temple' and the warlock enemy. The the face is pink like the Warlock's as well it's body is black like the cloak the enemy wears. The body has similar crest(?) to what the buildings have though I did it in gold to stand out from the back and that the Warlocks liked gold (gold wands and gold barriers). The blue/teal stripes are based off the tiles in buildings and the purple stripe on the back/tail is the wizard's purple head feather(?).

I would have given more hints/commentary but you guys are way too good at guess and if you figured out the theme and the last outcome wouldn't have been a surprise. I mean I saw some of you correctly guess what the last outcome would be.

As for the newborn, I chose something that was the same in every level, the home portal.

I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby odin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 pm

OK I'm not a huge deer fan, but I loved the deer this month.
Def struck something nostalgic with me.
That first purple one I thought was Spyro. xD It was the feisty face. lol
And this PPS, I can for sure see Spyro and Sparx as the inspiration for him!

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

odin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Saikiyo wrote:Yes, the inspiration for this litter was indeed Spyro, specifically Spyro 2. The Spyro trilogy is a very near and dear game to me and Ripto's rage was the first video game I ever played.

Don't you mean "near and deer"? *ahem* lol xD

For real, though, I absolutely love these deer. The original Spyro was the first console video game that I ever played and because of that, the original Spyro trilogy will always be one of my favorite series of video games. I can't wait until the reignited trilogy is released and really home it comes to the Switch at some point.

I just have to start a new hoard for this deer litter, which is quite a feat for you to accomplish. I haven't been motivated to start a new hoard for a long time just because I haven't been all too active. But these deer represent the lovable dragon and his games so well that I just can't help myself. I can't thank you enough for making this litter. It does an amazing job at satisfying my nostalgia.

~ElijahWilkes
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:54 am

Image This is hoesntly one of the best second gen litters I've seen in a while.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hocaro Kitsune » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:57 am

Saikiyo wrote:
Hocaro Kitsune wrote:Saikiyo please confirm what levels/characters the others are based on ;0;
Also what was the inspiration for the newborn?

Yes, the inspiration for this litter was indeed Spyro, specifically Spyro 2. The Spyro trilogy is a very near and dear game to me and Ripto's rage was the first video game I ever played.

Each of the outcomes were based off my favorite level from each home world. I focused on certain details and tried not to make it too close to the inspiration (changing colors and details).

Image This guy was based off 'Glimmer'. I focused on the intricate designs on the buildings. I made the base of the deer a bit dark and more of an earth tone to help bring out the grass, which if you look on cliff-sides it hangs off like moss. The building walls have dark blue and purple diamonds on them, I chose to use brighter colors such as the ones found on the large gems in the ground.

Image You guys already figured out this guy is 'Crystal Glaciers'. The bones along his neck were originally going to be a cream color but it blended in too much with the rest of the design so I made it black. The underbelly is the river of goo and the back has snow on it as well as some gems which show up on the walls.

Image This last one is a little odd as it's more based off an enemy than the level. It's based off the level 'Cloudy Temple' and the warlock enemy. The the face is pink like the Warlock's as well it's body is black like the cloak the enemy wears. The body has similar crest(?) to what the buildings have though I did it in gold to stand out from the back and that the Warlocks liked gold (gold wands and gold barriers). The blue/teal stripes are based off the tiles in buildings and the purple stripe on the back/tail is the wizard's purple head feather(?).

I would have given more hints/commentary but you guys are way too good at guess and if you figured out the theme and the last outcome wouldn't have been a surprise. I mean I saw some of you correctly guess what the last outcome would be.

As for the newborn, I chose something that was the same in every level, the home portal.

This is absolutely amazing! It seems we have a lot in common judging from the pets you’ve made :lol:
Which is why you’re one of my favorite artists and never fail to amaze me :)
Hocaro Kitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kawaiiconcept » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 am

i love all the spyro deer
they are so pretty
I never got to play spyro but i always wanted to
kawaiiconcept

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby suplauren » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Saikiyo wrote:As for the newborn, I chose something that was the same in every level, the home portal.

I adore the creative newborns like this. So awesome.
ImageImageImage

♡Puff♡
suplauren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitkat2716 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pm

I remember a little bit of Spyro! I used to play it all the time when I was little and I acually knew the deer seemed very familiar but couldn’t put my finger on it! I think it’s aweaome!
Dreamies

ImageImage]
Kitkat2716

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Looks like this little one just grew up! ^^

I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polveroso » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Can we all just stop and appreciate this litter? I really like them!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Polveroso

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me