What has happened to the community?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What has happened to the community?

Postby Cookie1992 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 am

Monneeh wrote:

Demand is a pain in the butt, honestly :^( I recently came back properly after being kind of gone for the last few years. After coming back, I decided I'd love to own a Sunback and I was positive I could get one until I realised its demand makes it worth the same as the UR tiger dog??? So I'm slowly giving up on ever getting it as I simply can't deliver what people want. I have an UR Aussie dog but because of it's "poor demand", it's only worth a non to some people? It's frustrating but luckily I'm just as happy with my non-list pets that I've collected since 2008! :^)

Well you dont want to know what I had to pay for my UR Aussie XD It nearly makes me cry to think back to it and that for something that is so low on demand >.<
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cookie1992

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:02 am

Cookie1992 wrote:Sadly the only things I could do offsite aren't accesable as its not allowed to pay for things with deviantArt points and the site I used to use has been closed since 2011 >.<

So try something new. Go look in the offsite trades boards and see what some of the popular in demand sites are. Go make some of that onsite currency and post in their boards that you are looking for CS pets. That's the best way to find someone who "has an old CS account that they don't care for anymore".

The best way to get something is to go for it. And to find value in what you have. Today a common, tomorrow a rare.

The list does have some issues, but the list was built on evidence of successful trades and auctions, seeing what works and what doesn't. It might be out of date now as trade values ebb and flow, but it's not like it was just made up from thin air.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cookie1992 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 am

Shian wrote:So try something new. Go look in the offsite trades boards and see what some of the popular in demand sites are. Go make some of that onsite currency and post in their boards that you are looking for CS pets. That's the best way to find someone who "has an old CS account that they don't care for anymore".

The best way to get something is to go for it. And to find value in what you have. Today a common, tomorrow a rare.

The list does have some issues, but the list was built on evidence of successful trades and auctions, seeing what works and what doesn't. It might be out of date now as trade values ebb and flow, but it's not like it was just made up from thin air.

To be honest I dont really feel like playing some other game like that dragon game a lot of people play, just to convert the currency. I dont have too much time on hands and if I dont care about something I get on twice and forget about it usually XD. Besides I do not think that something a starting player/user gets on any game/site that is used for offsite trading is of too much intrest to most people.

Also I dont say the list itself is bad, not at all. There is nothing wrong with showing what are the rarest pets and what in a perfect world they would bring. Sadly most people around here simply seem to lack common sense in that this is not a perfect world. Example a diamond gets valued at 10 million so its owner put it to auction, he only get 5 million; because it was up to the people to tell him what it was worth to them. And unless you are someone that adopted like 200 of each July 08 back in the day I do not think most people actually value a UR Tiger to the x amount of nons that the list tells us its worth. THAT is the thing that bothers me; not the list but its effect on peoples mental capabilities.

People have tried to tell me that the UR tiger (but also the swirl, UR holly, dogtag etc) is worth about 2500 very rares from between 2008-2010 and as I didnt had that or of course the nons they would prefer, they figured my entire trading stock would barely suffice but they would take their loss....
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cookie1992

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:26 am

I agree with this post completely. Although I haven't been here as long as you, I can still speak from my experience in 2011 to now. The game's changed a lot. There didn't use to be such a stiff reliance on the list like there is now. I've always wished the list could just go away because instead of the mindset of "oh yeah I'm missing that pet, let's trade!" There's a mindset of, "Sorry my pet has way higher demand than yours." It's sad, really.
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 am

Aralas wrote:
    I agree with this post completely. Although I haven't been here as long as you, I can still speak from my experience in 2011 to now. The game's changed a lot. There didn't use to be such a stiff reliance on the list like there is now. I've always wished the list could just go away because instead of the mindset of "oh yeah I'm missing that pet, let's trade!" There's a mindset of, "Sorry my pet has way higher demand than yours." It's sad, really.

Yes, this 100%. Honestly returning back to the site has left me with a very bittersweet taste in my mouth, and im leaning more towards bitter. I guess I'm just getting old :lol:

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 am

I'm hoping the new list can improve the community, so demand isn't the only prominent component when it comes to trading the pets.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swifty98 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 am

When I first joined the site 6 years ago (wow, that feels like ages ago!) I made my goal to collect ALL the pets. The sad thing is, I though this was possible. I was very organized for a while and managed to trade for monthly outcomes I was missing, as well as to collect a lot of the more common pets from 2010 and 2011. I was also lucky enough to find a lot of nice users who were willing to help me out and gift me some pets. I don't remember ever receiving any crazy scam trades - then again, I was pretty new, so maybe I didn't realize how bad the trades were? Still, I didn't get my first "list" pet until 8 months later, and I kept all of my favourite adopts in locked groups.

Six years later and still, every list pet I own (which is not many, lol) was either a "gift", a pound adopt, or an 18th adopt (with the exception of one pet I traded for). The "gifts" were actually ones that I won in contests or giveaways. Aren't contests not allowed anymore? I used to enter a lot of writing and drawing competitions to win pets, but I think those have since been forbidden...anyone know why?

I don't understand how users who joined in 2016 or 2017 manage to trade for multiple December 18th sun pups, when all of my rares list pets combined couldn't even reach the main list (considering what people expect for their main list pets). I want to think that no one's being scammed in the process, but I guess that's the sad reality...how else would it be possible? Even after I gave up on collecting all the pets on the site, my dreamie was always the sunback. I kept up hope for a few years, then realized that I could literally offer every pet I own, and it still wouldn't be "enough".

I took a "break" from the site for about a year, but still came on just once a month for monthly adopts, if I remembered to do it. I'm back on now - particularly because I'm on break, haha - but I'm really just here to enjoy all the cool new designs & species, as well as to try and complete monthly collections. It's so satisfying when I have all of the pets from a recent month or event!

Alright, I'm done rambling. :P But I agree with y'all. Trading shouldn't be this exhausting and demanding. Yeah, I want fair trades, but c'mon, some people are ridiculous!
Swifty98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:42 am

smofir. wrote:I'm hoping the new list can improve the community, so demand isn't the only prominent component when it comes to trading the pets.

This is my hope too. Demand will always play a part and in the case of store pets I understand it to a degree but the demand of some of the VR normal release pets just makes no sense to me.

Cookie1992 wrote:And Im pretty sure about 90% of the rich people (meaning having at least 5-10 spare high mainlist pets/ 5-10 spare UR pets they are looking to trade) will yell at me for this, but Im pretty sure most of the poor people understand this rant very well. It is plainly impossible to get anything, I have 7 OMG so rares on my wishlist and Im pretty sure I'll never get em all unless I for a change get lucky in a december 18th draw or very very lucky at the pound.... (aka Ill settle for never XD)

Im someone that joined right at the beginning, but now almost 10 years later I feel Im still that new person that joined a few weeks ago... Just because Ive been unlucky in the 4 or 5 chances I had to get UR or any other list pets on december the 18th and I have too much decency to rip off the new players of theirs.

I get where you're coming from and there are many users who have what they have because they are happy to take advantage of others and it is truly awful but it's not the case for everyone. I would be classed as a 'rich' CS user and I definitely didn't get here by ripping people off, in fact I often let someone who has sent me a ready to accept massive list overpay know that their pet is a valuable list pet in case they are trading unaware of their pets value. I could have had a massive Dec 18th collection but chose to let people know the value of their pets instead.

I actually hate trading normally these days as the demand problem makes it too painful, which is crazy considering this is a pet collecting/trading site. Apart from monthly swaps I usually won't even bother sending a trade unless it's a swap the other person has specifically asked for - even then I often don't bother as the amount of times people edit back asking for more is ridiculous. Instead I usually wait for trades to come to me &/or hold/bid on auctions. In the case of auctions I figure it is up to the person sending the bid to decide on the value of their pets vs the pets they're offering on.

I am 'rich' because I spent real money investing in C$ & store pets over the years, spent way too many sleepless nights collecting event tokens to auction to people who didn't have the time, and due to offsite trading.

I admit I am very fussy about trading high lists but that's because most of the time, unlike my other pets for trade, they are not actually spares. As someone aiming for a complete collection if I trade a pet I only have the one of I know I'm eventually going to have to trade for that pet again so if I'm going to trade them away I want it to be for something I actually want & like not just random pets.

Just wanted to share that it's not all sunshine for all the 'rich' users either, trading is painful for most of users these days unfortunately and other than refusing to feed demand by refusing to pay the ridiculous prices and each of us trying to be as kind and honest in trading as we'd hope others be towards us I'm not sure what else can be done

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm sorry, we do not allow rant threads of any type as they quickly become harbors of negative behavior and bullying. This post is very clearly directed at a certain group of players. You can play CS however you'd like to; The Rares List is a community-created guide that you do not have to follow.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes