January Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: January Discussion Thread

Postby Dembai » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't think that PPS is going to be RARE, I got FOUR of them. (the extras are already gone, lol)
TIP: Put pets you don't want to trade into a locked group to prevent unwanted trades!

He or She/Disabled/Artist
Dembai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greatblueikran » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:06 pm

Ok I'm so done hunting
My husband is Turukmakto we might trade unfairly and I might be helping him occasionally
Please don't ban us he usually swaps me the pets I’m missing we try to Make it even but me not knowing it’s a little challenging

My bday is dec1st

Pet's name: Malika
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
greatblueikran

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Catheren wrote:Is it okay if I get some perspective on this little guy: Image

I know I haven't seen a lot of people with him, and I am leaning towards the idea that the outcome will be rare rather than uncommon, but all the trades I've been getting have still been pretty heavy overpay asking for much older pets, 2011, 2010 pets. And I get it, it's a pps outcome and it's cute, overpay is a thing. No criticism there. It's just over the years I've gotten really good at quantifying values of pets to help make my trading easier. Even if this little guy goes rare, a 2011 uncommon is still something like twenty times the value.

I'm just getting a little bit unsure how to deal with people asking me to give them much older pets without really understanding that the time span between them really matters. I resorted to removing him from my post because I'm just so far beyond this demand-centered trading trend right now.

What do you do when you know a trade is really unfair, but you also know your partner is just going to throw a hissy-fit about an arbitrary idea that summarizes as 'popularity justifies everything?'

I very much doubt it will be rare. Uncommon at the most, but definitely not rare. I have seen many people with two or more of them, and I personally got one for a very fair trade. People are only overpaying for it because it's a cute new EPPS and they're all trying to battle against each other's offers so that they can get their hands on one. Same thing with the GUPPS.
Like others and myself have said already, just wait until the demand dies. Once people figure out they're not as rare or valuable as they want them to be, they'll be a lot easier to get, trust me.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 pm

My foxes are late adopts so I'm anxious for mine to grow! I hope I get at least one ^-^
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catheren » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys =3
Catheren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leru » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:51 pm

I only have one egg left ...
      Five hatched into this little guy,
      and only one grew into the blue chick. I think I have horrible luck haha
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm

nickjr wrote:
Catheren wrote:Is it okay if I get some perspective on this little guy: Image

I know I haven't seen a lot of people with him, and I am leaning towards the idea that the outcome will be rare rather than uncommon, but all the trades I've been getting have still been pretty heavy overpay asking for much older pets, 2011, 2010 pets. And I get it, it's a pps outcome and it's cute, overpay is a thing. No criticism there. It's just over the years I've gotten really good at quantifying values of pets to help make my trading easier. Even if this little guy goes rare, a 2011 uncommon is still something like twenty times the value.

I'm just getting a little bit unsure how to deal with people asking me to give them much older pets without really understanding that the time span between them really matters. I resorted to removing him from my post because I'm just so far beyond this demand-centered trading trend right now.

What do you do when you know a trade is really unfair, but you also know your partner is just going to throw a hissy-fit about an arbitrary idea that summarizes as 'popularity justifies everything?'

"In two months, I can probably get the missing outcome easily for just [insert reasonable value here] instead of a pet that is literally 6+ years older. Sorry, not interested"

Yeah, if you recieve an insane trade offer, just cancel. And don't offer a crazy overpay because, well, that's crazy.

You'll be able to get it much cheaper once the actual rarity is known (and I personally doubt this PPS will be anymore than uncommon) and the demand dies down. Just WAIT. Seriously, it works.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ꭺlina » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 pm

I got two of the pps one. :)
Really cute, reminds me of a penguin or some other kind of bird
eldemoreFlight RisingGuide Index
✨🎊✨ You have collected every pet ever released!! ✨🎉✨
✨🎊✨ You have collected every item ever released!! ✨🎉✨
Ꭺlina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 am

I got two PPS horses too and i just fairly swaped him for missing GUPPS 2017 dog... not understand how members can even ask for more like 2015-6 uncommon... members are already so much greedy last years
I feel... like it would start the most from july-august 2012... when was released two lions (and mainly august pps which turn into VR!) members was really crazy for him and immediately gave for him crazy offers...
it look like members still remember it and have fear... that if they not get missing outcome immediately... it will turn into rare/vr which will impossible to get later cause of super demand (like with that august lion)
and it's the best for members which trade missing outcomes away... they try to harvest from the other players
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 am

i was so excited to see him grow a little!! ah!
any opinions on what he'll look like? :0?

don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes