January Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: January Discussion Thread

Postby Catheren » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Is it okay if I get some perspective on this little guy: Image

I know I haven't seen a lot of people with him, and I am leaning towards the idea that the outcome will be rare rather than uncommon, but all the trades I've been getting have still been pretty heavy overpay asking for much older pets, 2011, 2010 pets. And I get it, it's a pps outcome and it's cute, overpay is a thing. No criticism there. It's just over the years I've gotten really good at quantifying values of pets to help make my trading easier. Even if this little guy goes rare, a 2011 uncommon is still something like twenty times the value.

I'm just getting a little bit unsure how to deal with people asking me to give them much older pets without really understanding that the time span between them really matters. I resorted to removing him from my post because I'm just so far beyond this demand-centered trading trend right now.

What do you do when you know a trade is really unfair, but you also know your partner is just going to throw a hissy-fit about an arbitrary idea that summarizes as 'popularity justifies everything?'
Catheren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Minimanta wrote:
ZΕL wrote:
Snow's Storm wrote:Image

I love the orange in these chicken outcomes!

Ahhhh, none of my eggs hatched into this, but I am now 100% sure I know the theme of this litter!

I assumed this one was a seven-coloured tanager

Today's outcome...
    Looks a lot like a golden tanager
    Image x

:3

Ohh, definitely looks like it!

Those are some really colorful birds, looking forward to the adult outcomes even more now =D

WE NEED A PARADISE TANAGER

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 pm

The chickens are looking wonderful. I like that they seem to be based on tanagers so far.
Silverin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueTrillium » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Nova-Moshi wrote:Man I've missed the fox AND the chick
What a night

You have them both (multiples, actually) xD They grow at the time you adopt them, not right at rollover. So if you adopted a while after rollover, they won't grow until that adopt time.
BlueTrillium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FireHope » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:38 pm

I missed the fox sadly :( I really only care about the horses,dogs, and foxes
My Kalons Always love a PM if you'd want a OOC Breeding !
FireHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nova-Moshi » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

BlueTrillium wrote:
Nova-Moshi wrote:Man I've missed the fox AND the chick
What a night

You have them both (multiples, actually) xD They grow at the time you adopt them, not right at rollover. So if you adopted a while after rollover, they won't grow until that adopt time.

Just noticed that rip me lol
•Nova•
Image Image
"If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man."
Nova-Moshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Friendlypotatoe wrote:
Ðestiel wrote:Good lord I'm happy my boyfriend got the adult 2017 Gupps o.o I got two pps myself, so we just swapped~
- anyone who's looking forward to this little litter growing up?

I know everyone is referring to this as rainbow but I personally see different metals in it more than a rainbow.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

I can't help but think this litter is a throwback to old cartoons. Like Animaniacs or maybe B&W Mickey cartoons.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amae » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Haven't gotten either chick or the fox :(. Ah well.

I have a question actually. I"m not seeing rarities on the December pets yet, I guess I haven't been active enough to see the rarities show up, when do they normally?

Amae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Catheren wrote:Is it okay if I get some perspective on this little guy: Image

I know I haven't seen a lot of people with him, and I am leaning towards the idea that the outcome will be rare rather than uncommon, but all the trades I've been getting have still been pretty heavy overpay asking for much older pets, 2011, 2010 pets. And I get it, it's a pps outcome and it's cute, overpay is a thing. No criticism there. It's just over the years I've gotten really good at quantifying values of pets to help make my trading easier. Even if this little guy goes rare, a 2011 uncommon is still something like twenty times the value.

I'm just getting a little bit unsure how to deal with people asking me to give them much older pets without really understanding that the time span between them really matters. I resorted to removing him from my post because I'm just so far beyond this demand-centered trading trend right now.

What do you do when you know a trade is really unfair, but you also know your partner is just going to throw a hissy-fit about an arbitrary idea that summarizes as 'popularity justifies everything?'

"In two months, I can probably get the missing outcome easily for just [insert reasonable value here] instead of a pet that is literally 6+ years older. Sorry, not interested"
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me