Can we talk about the zebras?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Can we talk about the zebras?

Postby Seasonal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:30 pm

I am convinced that the Zebras are statistically the rarest pets on-site. There are three variations, and if 6-10 are being adopted pet month, that's about 2-3 of each type per month. That's 24-36 of each outcome per year. I'm not sure why they have such bad demand; there's likely a lot less zebras than the certain dogs that they are usually traded for.

*This is just my personal opinion as a CS user, not as a staff member.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lileevine » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Seasonal wrote:I am convinced that the Zebras are statistically the rarest pets on-site. There are three variations, and if 6-10 are being adopted pet month, that's about 2-3 of each type per month. That's 24-36 of each outcome per year. I'm not sure why they have such bad demand; there's likely a lot less zebras than the certain dogs that they are usually traded for.

*This is just my personal opinion as a CS user, not as a staff member.

I'd guess that, as with many other things, people simply find them less aesthetically pleasing. Also less items fit them and it's harder to get them in a more dynamic dress up pose like with dogs or other pets
✧ || UR pancake/box auction || spotted tribal auction || ✧

» kola/fae
» she/her
» mixed
» central euro timezone

» trades welcome!!
» toyhouse/goatlings @ lavender_kola
» hoarder

Lileevine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madteas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:53 pm

I got one in 2018
madteas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mosasharkus » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:13 am

I have one that’s only 71 days old
Mosasharkus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:11 am

Lileevine wrote:I actually didn't even know it was possible to get zebras like that! The only time I've had a zebra was from an 18 box and I promptly got it scanned from me for a skeleton PPPS and a few rares :') maybe scam is a strong word, I'm not sure how much the person knew about the rarity of zebras either.

Well, that was a few years ago. I hope the people who are lucky to get zebras will be alert enough about their worth!!

probably not, unfortunately. despite being crazy rare, because we've basically moved to a demand-based trading system a lot of people are now saying that the zebras are only worth "a non" which makes me very sad. so even if these players do have the knowledge to actually go and look them up, they'll still be getting inaccurate info regardless. they're worth a lot more than a measly non but nobody likes these precious beans so that's that apparently. same with the newly OMGSR rats, unfortunately.
the fact that they could even be compared to a couple of pps dragon cats, which you'll see people saying can fetch up to a sorb each, gets me irrationally worked up. a very close friend of mine just swapped her stripey boi for 1000c$ which just honestly disgusts me, but she'd been trying for a very long time to trade him off and was at the end of her tether. i hate to say it but a big part of me misses the list. -.-

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:18 am

I’m curious as to how the zebras are archived, and if there are new zebras every year or just the same ones sneaking about?
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby みりん〇°• » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:21 am

Bridgy1234 wrote:I’m curious as to how the zebras are archived, and if there are new zebras every year or just the same ones sneaking about?

Same ones.
Image☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
ImageImageImageClick for ♫
みりん〇°•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amarok. » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:41 am

Διάστημα wrote:
Bridgy1234 wrote:I’m curious as to how the zebras are archived, and if there are new zebras every year or just the same ones sneaking about?

Same ones.

there's three, in fact. the grevy's, the plains and the mountain zebras. c;

back after a long/involuntary hiatus! bear with me while i get my bearings again.
my pronouns are she/they.

i left a lot of stuff here unfinished and can't remember most of what i was up to.
please feel free to shoot me a dm over on discord at amar#8393. my inbox here
is still swamped and i'm a little too intimidated to go wading through it

amarok.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bridgy1234 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:49 am

amarok. wrote:
Διάστημα wrote:

Same ones.

there's three, in fact. the grevy's, the plains and the mountain zebras. c;

Okay thank you both!
Bridgy1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:28 am

Tess wrote:A long time ago we used to also release dragon eggs like that. Admins can check how many were adopted and who got them so when we had something new and exciting I'd be checking who had one and eagerly waiting for someone to post them to the forum and often it'd be a bunch of newbies with 0 forum posts 😔

WAIT! You special released dragons?!? This is new information to me! I can’t believe that I never heard about this. Why’d you stop? Would you consider reinstating the program that releases dragons?

@Tess, I could be wrong, but didn’t you once state that the zebras (regardless of the type) are more rare than the rarest dog on the site? Is that still accurate?

Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me