What should next summer event be?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What should next summer event be?

Postby grizzegrijn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Smoothies at the movies!

Pets at the studios and sets of blockbuster movies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
grizzegrijn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:20 pm

grizzegrijn wrote:Smoothies at the movies!

Pets at the studios and sets of blockbuster movies.

*only has one movie in head* S...S...Star Wars pets?!!!
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Elias Ainsworth~ » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 am

i hope they will bring the summer event soon i am so excited !!!!
Elias wrote:Image
FtM|Single|Pan
FtM|Single|Pan
~Elias Ainsworth~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Movies themed would be cool! I would to love see all the genres represented as pets :D

Maybe elements? I know we have a few elemental items and pets, but we could always use more.
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurore » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm always up for any natural themes. ^^ Safari sounds cool. Or a sort of world ecology travel event, where you go around and visit a different biome/ecosystem each day. For each one you can get a different background of the biome, some items of plants native to that area, pets based on animals native to that area. For instance, say you visit the northern New England temperate forests. You could get a forest background (the ones we have now aren't very high quality.. I'd like one like this or this or this), a birch (paper, gray, river, or yellow) or oak (red or white) or maple (sugar or red or silver) or pine (white or red or jack or pitch) tree (actual pine like based one of those species, not like the weird bushy Christmas one, wild pines don't look like that unless very young and in the open :c ), a lowbush blueberry or kalmia shrub, some forest floor plants like mayflower or dolls' eye or wintergreen, etc. Pets are more difficult since we already have many based on wildlife, but I don't think we've had a moose? That could use the draft horse lineart. I'm sure there are still plenty of non-mammal species available (grouse and woodcock plz), and maybe a dog based on a coyote and cat based on bobcat and rat/hamster/g-pig based on meadow vole. Other days could be taiga/tundra (willow ptarmigan, anyone? :D), Peruvian cloud forests, Himalayas, Great Plains, a desert, a savanna, a wetland or peat bog, a coast, an underwater environment (dragons based off tropical fish would be awesome), etc etc. I’m having too much fun thinking about this… We could have African antelopes in horse/deer linearts, bring back the April Fools chicken linearts for dancing tropical birds, a baobob tree, a big fluffy yak, a civet or genet could maybe use an edited rat or cat lineart or baby dragon lineart, some lesser-known canines like an Ethiopian wolf and summer coat Arctic fox, some lichen (especially old man’s beard), seals could use a heavily edited dragon lineart, butterfly wolves based on various insects, various fungi items, flower accessories… Lots of potential! Non-scenery items could be things like accessories made from various animals' feathers (a headdress per biome, representing the world's bird diversity?), ungulates' horns, maybe fur/tails but some players may take offense to that. There could also be clothing items based on the traditional attire of the local human culture. There could also be things like binoculars and various gear like shading hats and field guides, but I see less future use in those. I think an event like this would be very fun, versatile and probably educate some players, especially the younger or less ecologically-inclined. Maybe the tokens would be various seeds, like we're doing habitat restoration too for the story aspect and harvesting rare plants' seeds. x) Of course the event probably wouldn't have enough time for all this stuff and the whole biosphere obviously can't be captured in one event, I'm just tossing out ideas. Sorry if any of this has already been done, I stopped coming to CS for a few years and am not very familiar with what went on from around 2012-2015.

Also, an event that celebrates many different fields of science would be cool! Again it would be educative and raise awareness for some lesser-known fields (like ecology, geology, hydrology, social sciences, etc), since I feel like there's sort of a science = beakers and lab coats stereotype. Not that chemistry isn't super cool and important. But it's not the only branch of science. Though this sort of thing would be harder to come up with pets and items for, most equipment/tool items probably wouldn't be very useful and pets would be tough unless you did things related to rather than specifically based on the fields, like the anatomy pets for biology.

Not sure how I feel about a movie theme... I don't really watch movies, so most references would probably be lost on me. I assume I'm not the only CS player in such a situation and specific references could run into copyright trouble. Genres sound fun and would rely less on players' specific experiences for them to appreciate the event. There's a lot of potential for cool costume items there too.

...On that train of thought. an art museum could be cool, like pets/items based on various genres and periods of art (without copying existing works of art). Just imagine things like expressionist-style backgrounds and items. Pets that look like their photos were taken through daguerreotype, cyanotype, etc methods. Linearts edited to look like sculptures, especially the strange shapes used in abstact modern scultpures. *_* There's a LOT of room for unique and creative pets and items there. :o Aah. I'm in love with this idea too.

All in all I just like events to have lots of widely-applicable dressup items. Like backgrounds and background elements. Please please please reduce the food, plushies, etc, they're not really useful. xD And I always want more plant stuff to accurately depict specific species, like the recentish flower set. Satisfy the botanist in me. :P

Image join us
x
x

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 14 people.
I have received 12 gifts.
I have nuked 12 people.
I have received 9 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.

x
x

[art shop]
Aurore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Anticx wrote:i hope they will bring the summer event soon i am so excited !!!!

summer event is always in July '3'
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Kinda tying into @Aurore's 'nature' idea, I'd suuuuper love if Avian and Totoro came to New Zealand! Tess is from New Zealand, so wouldn't it be great if everyone, including you non-NZers, (;p) could come virtually to Chicken Smoothie's home-country?! :D We have so much unique flora and fauna as well as fascinating legends and customs that you could make pets out of, that I think it would be great! :D

(side-note: we could also get some shout-outs to Sir Peter Jackson and classic Kiwi foods! XP)
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlitterRayne » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:12 pm

This is something I posted a while back in the regular suggestion thread, but I still like the idea. :) And, it got some decent feedback, too, so I'm hoping maybe someday! :D

FlitterRayne wrote:This isn't so much a pet idea, as a suggestion for our next CS Vacation.

We've been to the sea, we've been to the skies, maybe this time we could go to the core of the CS Earth? :D

Tunneling under, getting the drill stuck and having to restart it, all kinds of weird animals, pets and peoples. It could totally work!

Just my little idea I just had, take it as you will. XD

Remembering my Mother lost last June 17th, 2017. You are loved and well missed.
Known as "FlitterRayne" on Eldemore and Flight Rising well. Trades in both places welcomed!
FlitterRayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyKorn » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:11 am

An underwater theme would be awesome. Like Atlantis for example. :thumbup:
I would like to see awesome mermaid designs and other creatures that live under the sea. :clap:

Hoarding pets designed by Swiftalu!

My Art Shop
My DeviantArt
My Toyhou.se

Wolfswelpe, DoktorNice and me live together,
so we use the same IP, I hope it's okay.

★ Art made by Wolfswelpe

Image Image
KittyKorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sky-born123 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:43 am

I think that we should have a theatre themed summer event
*Looking for Summer event items!
including summer event items from the 2015 and 2016 summer events, thank you very much :D
Pet's name: Moof
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Sky-born123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me