Trade Rant Thread [V.29][Read All the Rules Before Posting]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Trade Rant Thread [V.29][Read All the Rules Before Posting]

Postby | Aloy | » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 am

This thread is constantly used to break the rules.
We do not tolerate any kind of bullying or slander on our site so why do you think it would be okay to do it in this topic? We do not care if you post names or not, if you post mean things about another member here you are harassing them and we will not hesitate to give you a warning for it.

If this keeps going on, we will lock this thread because we are not willing to keep a topic for you just to bully others.

*This thread will now only be remade by a member of staff. The rule breaking in this topic has gotten out of hand, so maybe you guys will take them more seriously if the topic is more closely watched from now on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please note that all spam will be reported as soon as it is seen.
This is for ranting, not for seeking trades. Don't ask for missed outcomes or offer pets to other people on this topic. Please PM them or send a trade offer instead.

Other threads:
"Is this a fair trade?" Thread
The Good Trade Thread
Trading Forum
Auction Rant Thread

Tess wrote:Here's something to think about: Admins can see every trade message you've ever sent or received.

Lying about nasty trade messages to get attention on the trade rant thread is not a wise move.

When you 'refuse to report the bully' then we end up wasting a lot of valuable time searching through all your recent trade messages looking for a bully to warn. If the bully doesn't exist, congratulations, you've just wasted a bunch of staff time and we're not going to be happy with you.

Trade Rant Thread Rules

1. Do not reply to another person's post in this thread.
    That means do not comment on what other people post. Your post must be a rant. Anything else will be considered spam.

2. Do not give out usernames.
    Naming the person you're ranting about is considered bullying or harassment. Additionally, do not PM someone asking for the username of the person who sent the trade, as it is still seen as bullying. This includes asking because you want to trade with them.

3. If you see an offer you made being ranted about, don't make a scene or reply.
    They have the right to rant and so do you, but we don't need an unnecessary fight breaking out. If they didn't like your trade offer, no big deal, trade with someone different next time. If they're lying about you, report it to staff.

4. No name-calling and insults. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
    All members are to be treated with respect, regardless of how they trade. This includes COPPAed members, hoarders, new players, older players, 'noobs', people with weak English skills, etc. Rants that are directed at particular groups of players and/or how they play (e.g. anti-hoarding rants, rants against COPPAed members in general) are not permitted.

5. No spamming.
    All posts must be rants about trades. These are off-topic and well be deleted.
    • Complaining about a lack of trades
    • A trade taking too long to be accepted
    • People having not-for-trade pets in open groups
    • Being foe'd
    • Reposting a rant - if you've already ranted about it, there's no reason to rant about it again
    • Getting bad advice from the FTT
    • Things like "I think I'll quit", "I might as well quit", or anything of the like, as it looks like fishing for attention or gifts to 'make you feel better'.
    • Anything else along these same lines - Use common sense

6. DO NOT complain about receiving offers on pets that are 'not for trade'.
    If some of your pets are 'never for trade', lock the group they're in so people can't offer on them. Your group trade settings are found at the bottom of the pet group's page. If you still want to be able to get offers on them, wishlist-lock them.

7. DO NOT make up bad trades to post here.
    Deliberately sending bad trades or asking for bad trades so they can be ranted about here is spam and is not permitted. It is also not permitted to lie about what the other person said or did, and you can be warned if you post false trade messages or invent stories about receiving horrible trade messages from someone.

8. It is never acceptable to have death notes/threats in trade rules, group names, etc. It's also against the rules to have a public trading 'blacklist'.
    If you see something like this PLEASE report it to staff immediately.

9. Please report extremely rude or mean trade messages.
    If someone sends you a trade with a very rude message (e.g. 'Die in a hole', 'You're so stupid!') or one with very bad language in it, you can report them by going to their profile and clicking 'Report this player'. In the report, include a link to the trade so we can easily see what they said. Remember, if they said it to you, they may have said similar things or worse to other people who might not know they should report it.

Tess wrote:Just a reminder that being rude or abusive to other players is against the rules!

If you cancel a bad trade with a nasty message, you could get in trouble. So don't do it. If someone sends you a nasty message, you can report it, don't retaliate.

If someone tells you that your cancel message was a bit rude, don't get angry at THEM, just revise the way you cancel trades, and don't be such a bully in future.

If you sincerely can't think of a single nice word to say when canceling a trade, then cancel it without a message. There's no point getting yourself in trouble over someone else's bad trade offer.

Use some common sense, and don't throw a tantrum when other people advise you to tone it down. With their advice, you potentially avoid a board warning. Throwing their advice in their face, you encourage me to give you a board warning.

Think before you post, and think before you abuse someone for sending you a bad trade. I don't care if someone asked for 100 of your very best pets for free, if you turn around and abuse them I will still warn you for nastiness.

Difference between scamming and ninja-trading
Scamming is against the rules. It would be scamming if I sent someone a trade for their blue balloon, telling them their dog was only an uncommon, or that a trade was fair when it was obviously not. This behavior is reportable. Keep in mind not everyone knows their rarities though, but you can tell a scam easily from another trade.

Ninja-trading is sending a newbie a trade for a high rarity pet and either offering a bunch of WL, or asking "what would you like for it" and then they add, and both of you are happy with the trade. You get a good deal, but are both happy with it, and there is no lying involved. This is not against the rules, though it is frowned upon.
This thread tells you the difference between scamming an an unfair trade, make sure you check it out if you are still confused.

Old threads are...

| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trade Rant Thread [V.29][Read All the Rules Before Posti

Postby 'Possum » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 am

Why do I always end up trading everything off?

I want another Sunback and Joker sooo bad. I swear I'm not trading them this time.

I was doing so good last time, then somebody came along and offered me a Zebra. There went that Joker. I just have no will power whatsoever. :|
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby salmondragon » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 am

Where are your little black border collie? ;3; you were everywhere before I got enough to pay for you ;3;
salmondragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:54 am

I'm offering a Gearback Tribal for the 09 UR dog, and yet, nobody will accept my offer.

K then.
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 am

Yes, because my White July is worth 10 012 uncommons.
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maggie~ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 am

{mmm, new thread smell!}

I get this trade, sent with no message, while I was offline.
I would never have accepted it- it was very unfair to me.
They cancel 9 minutes later with the message:

so

Umm, what is that supposed to mean?

Later, I get this trade from the same user. Sent with the message:

please you are the first person i found with cs dollars

So I cancel with this:

1. I don't have that much C$.
2. Please don't beg.
3. This is very, very unfair to me.

And they send yet another trade, this time with no message.

Seriously?
Seriously?
I'm done -_-
"Let's go to a place where we can see every star."
★★★★★
Hi, I'm Maggie. My CS time is very limited lately because of school, so I appreciate patience with trades/PMs!
★★★★★
Trade Thread
Auction Thread
★★★★★
maggie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Qualeo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 am

Nobody reads group names. I only want it trade these certain pets FOR a certain pet, no random wish list D:
Ask for artist credit | Deviantart | Characters |Kiamaras |Art NOT by me
Qualeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noel » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 am

What part of 'I only want trade downs' is so hard to understand? That means that no, I don't want to trade my two nons and joker for your UR cat.
Periodically Existing | Trades | semi-almost-active
I am a super late to the holibomb party. Turns out keeping track is hard too- thank you all so much!
I have gifted some people!
I have received some gifts!
Noel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dakotapaws » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:56 am

I wish people would take fair offers. All I want is a swap
It trade for the BA I have enough but I can't find it al al it's vanished ;^;
Wolf Therian | Image | Image | Art Shop | Hoards
discord: dakotapaws#8971
dakotapaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueBird~ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 am

I understand why you don't want to trade C$ but at least don't be rude about it!
Pet's name: Grace~
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

YoU ArE SiMpLy PeRfEcT

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
BlueBird~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me