August Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: August Discussion Thread

Postby Trexxa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Tammanae wrote:
Image x1
An excellent way to end the growths this month. I loved the face markings on this one as a pup, and they are even more exquisite with the extra detail. Needless to say, the colors on this one are my favorite from the litter as well. <3

Agreed. I wasn't sure how this last dog would turn out, but she turned out very beautiful after all <3 Such pretty bluish/greyish coloring! Also love how the markings seem to stand out more than the others, at least for me. It's not often that the last pet to grow-up grows on the last day of the month! :3 Can't wait to see September's pets!!
━━━━✧━━━━ trexxa | she/they | adult ━━━━✧━━━━
Trexxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Duh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Okay, month review time.
ImageImageImageImage
These store pets. Just. Omg. Only keeping one for now, but I managed to win a whole extra set in an art contest, so if I decide I want keep all of them they are right there. I don't know what to say other than that these are gorgeous. Favorite store pets this year by far.

Though the barn owl does not look like a barn owl to me,
I actually liked this litter, though not enough to keep any.
Its probably just because the owl lineart is not one of the
linearts I like best.

I liked these much better in the first and
second stage, but they are still SO CUTE
as adults. I doubt I will keep any, but still,
love these natural designs.

Love the color of this one, but overall not a fan of these
rats. There is nothing bad about them, and it was a
very cool idea, they just aren't for me.

Some of the prettiest BWs we have had in a
while! I am debating whether or not to keep
one/a couple of them. Fantastic colour choices
and design.

Hrrrrm... hrm. What to even say? xD
Don't like these ponies. I feel like the colours
don't go together well and the designs are
too chaotic and confusing.

Though I wanted these to stay simple, I love this
babby. <3 I am not a fan of her blue or purple-ish
siblings, I don't like the way their swirls are, but
this girl and the more red one are gorgeous. Her
face markings are really what won me over, I think.

A very predictable litter, it was easy to tell how
they would look from the newborn stage! Very nice
and simple and pretty, though a little... normal?

This is down with the ponies as my least favorite litter,
I think. The flowers seem out of place and I don't like
the overall colour choices. :/

ASDAUFADUFHASHDAHF. Keeping one of
each of these little munchkins. So cute, I
am a big fan of the second stage kitty
lineart, and that with these edits is just so
much love QAQ
Duh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pocketfox » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 pm

my opion in short

store pets- SIMPLY BREATH TAKING
owls- i am never fan of owls so..
munchkins- HNGHGNGHGHG MORE NEED MORE
cats- eh there okay not a fan
both horses- not a fan of them either
bw wolfs - pretty and differnt
tribal dog- love them all
rose dog- not a fan
other dog- cute simple
rats- deffiantly differnt

stuff here when im not lazy.

pocketfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gizmutt » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:05 pm

My thoughts -

Sigh. This is the only one of the litter I even remotely like. This site needs some more simple natural looking dogs that are not breed based - or or actual themed dogs. Random designs are fine .. but I feel that is the vast majority of what were have gotten lately .. lets switch things up a bit.

By default this is probably my favorite dog litter of the month. While I am not wildly in love with the design .. I like that the design obviously has a purpose. The rose is a bit large, but I like the colour blending. I do wish the yellow one would have been a rose as well .. but that is simply because I love yellow roses.

I am a bit torn over these. While I really do like the simpleness and over-all design .. I love antelope. The beginning blanket pup built my hopes to high. As they are, I see no resemblance to antelope what so ever. They are not Bongos people. .. nor is there enough resemblance to call them 'bongo' dogs. I guess people call call them what ever they want . The main reason I have a problem with calling them bongo dogs is that if we do - it limits the chance (slim as it may be) That we get actual Bongo based dogs.

A very well done Butterfly wolf litter. The wings are beautiful, and the design is not overbearing, yet recognizable.

I like these, quite a bit actually. I am probably one of the few that are thrilled there were not scale/texture edits. The simpleness makes them. At least in my opinion.

There really is not anything about these ponies that I like. Way to cluttered, and random. Perhaps if there were some structure to the patterns .. I dunno + They are all so similar I have a difficult time telling them apart .. They only thing I can say positive (in my opinion) about these, is that they lost the gradient.

I adore calico cats .. There was no way I was not going to like these. The only thing I would have changed would be the smudging on the other calico. It makes it look less realistic, while all the others look very realistic. It gives that outcome a bit of character though.

Like every one else and their dog, I am simply in love with these guys .. there is not one of them that I do not like.

While I get why so many people like these rats ... they just aren't my thing. Again - the colours are probably my biggest deterrent. The first and last growth are way to similar in colour. Other that that I have no real problem with them .. It is nice to see that other people do , and species other than dogs are starting to be favored. they are just not my favorite.

This owl alone made this my favorite owl litter ever. Eagle owls are one of my favorite animals, and to see them so well represented makes my heart happy.
Last edited by Gizmutt on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragontoasted » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Favorites of the Month

ImageImage
ImageImage

Of course, these are my absolute fave. Each individual is lovely, but they look absolutely amazing as a set, which is why I cannot seem to decide on a favorite. I think the color choices were perfect. Really, really, really just love everything about them.

ImageImage

Since horses aren't my favorite, I'm always excited when there are outcomes I really like. The first one looks like stones in a river, and the second a frog.

Apparently, I really like blond ponies, because this guy inspired me to start a collection group including all ponies with blond manes and tails.

ImageImage

Not to sell the other owls in this litter short, but these are absolutely beautiful. Normally, I only care for PPS owls because I like that lineart much better, but the designs of these make them my favorites this time around. I really hope this isn't our last owl litter (and, on the same note, that we have another spider litter coming to us)...

ImageImageImage

My personal favorite dogs out of their respective litters. Haven't managed get that greenish tribal one yet.

ImageImage

Of course, the munchkins. They have so much personality, it's impossible for me not to dress them up. ^-^

EDIT: This one! I thought I had included her. Guess not. ;_;

I really like the colors on this one. I also like the earthy one, but the other two aren't my favorite.
Last edited by Dragontoasted on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragontoasted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krissi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 pm

[I picked my favourites from each litter. (:]

ImageImage

I didn't think I would like this litter, but they're so pretty. <3 They look very soft with the blending, and the markings appear to almost glow. Their face markings are probably my favourite part. They are more complicated than simple, but their colour scheme makes it so they don't seem cluttered by all the marks.

Simple. They don't really stand out to me much, but this particular one, to me, has a very sweet face. I do love the stripes and face marks, and they do remind me of some sort of deer or antelope. Maybe not a bongo, but still.

As I've said before, I love these dogs. People have been saying their markings look like tattoos or stickers like it's a bad thing. I love the bold, cartoony look of the flowers. The blended colours around the edges make them look very soft as well, and now that I know they were based off a tea cup set, they seem even cuter to me. ^-^

The butterfly wolves are pretty. They just don't stand out to me at all. I do like how the spots almost look like embedded gems, though. I've never heard of a peacock pheasant before these guys were introduced.

I like the splotches on these guys. They do remind me of frogs or some sort of reptile, and the green makes them look mossy to me.

The owls are marvellous. I really appreciate the line edits, and how the're based on actual breeds of owls. Their markings are detailed and very nice. ^-^

ImageImage

I like the colours of the ponies! They look like light paintings on a dark canvas to me. Very vibrant and fun.

The rats are cool. The first thing I thought when I saw them was "magical crystal". I like how the tail looks like a little chain.

ImageImage

I love the naturally coloured cats. :D Though, I might be a bit biased because the cat line art is my favourite. They're very nicely done.

At first I didn't like the munchkin cats because, not only were they used on the PPS line art, which I'm not a huge fan of, but the line edits just looked off to me. I've warmed up to them, however, and think they're adorable. ^-^ I don't have my favourite, though, the floppy eared one. >_<

So, overall this month I was most excited about the 2nd gen cat litter, the tea cup, and the swirly dog litters. (:
Krissi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

This is my favourite set of pets of the month. I liked them from the start and I wasn't dissapointed when they grey. They have been nothing but pleasant surprises! Oh greys and browns and swirly designs, you are so beautiful. But Leurai, you need more bobs in your most beautiful litters^^. Maybe not this time since it's really neat to have all littermates in the same lineart, but still^^'.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tazzazi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I have to agree with you Spotty ^^ that litter are one of my favourite this month. I love how simple yet absolutely breathtaking they are.

My other absolute favourite would have to be this one:
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

As I love the Colour purple and those green eyes just get me :mrgreen:
tazzazi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

This just has to be my most favourite owl litter, my favourite litter by Tyr, and my favourite litter from this August. I have no idea why, but these owls are just pure love. ;3; *squees and squish hugs Tyr*
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stephajo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Fat Unicorn wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImage

This just has to be my most favourite owl litter, my favourite litter by Tyr, and my favourite litter from this August. I have no idea why, but these owls are just pure love. ;3; *squees and squish hugs Tyr*

They are pretty epic....the owl lines are probably tied with the dog lineart for being my fave on CS and I've been hoping since I joined that we'd get a really cool natural litter based on real owls....I was so ecstatic when we finally got some! Thanks Tyr!
Stephajo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me