Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby fluffedcheshire » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am

To anyone!! <33

What is your favorite litter from 2008-2010? I think my fav would probably be the toxics, but I can never seem to get one XD Oh well, lol
Last edited by fluffedcheshire on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
currently offline

hi i’m kayla / 21 / she/her
<3

i haven’t been on here in about 3 years so i’m
just getting back into it! ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡
find me on deviantART! https://www.deviantart.com/literal222messiah
find me on instagram! https://www.instagram.com/literal.messiah/
i appreciate any and all support on those platforms<3

Feel free to send me trades for any pets
that aren’t in my favorites folder, everything else is
up for grabs~!✨
fluffedcheshire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby user left » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:07 am

to ;; anyone, really.

any good song suggestions? personal favorites, and why?
user left

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

lucid wrote:
        to ;; anyone, really.

any good song suggestions? personal favourites, and why?

I've been listening to a lot of fanvideos recently, but those aside I have two song suggestions;

The Irrepressible 'Two men in love' - I feel like since I moved to Hong Kong, I've been forced to display or be open about my sexuality so much more than back home, where being heterosexual most certainly isn't a given, 'normal' or assumed. This song came into my life at a time that makes it all the more pertinent and powerful.

Royal Deluxe 'I'm a wanted man' - it just gets me in the right mood for rugby. It's one of those songs you smack up to full volume and dance along the streets to.

Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:01 am

actuallypunny wrote:to; any and all staff that can answer
how do you prefer your milo? (hot, cold? milo or milk first? or just plain milo by itself?)

Hot, milo first, with milk! We call it malt here. C:

Vincent Van Goat wrote:To anyone,
Do you listen to classical music? If so, then what is your favorite piece?

My favourite piece is Bach's prelude in C major.

lying beast. wrote:What languages did you guys learn before/ want to learn?

I took 3 years of French and learnt some Swedish in my own time. I haven't worked on either in a long time, but I'd love to pick Swedish back up again some day!

ωolfie wrote:To staffers:

Are you one who loves or hates speaking in front of a large crowd? If you want to, you could explain your reason, I'm curious :)

Neither, honestly! I'm fine with it and by no means hate it, but unless it's something I'm very passionate or interested in I wouldn't jump at the chance or anything. Back and forth discourse is a bit more interesting to me.

lucid wrote:
        to ;; anyone, really.

Anything by EDEN/The Eden Project. I love his stuff to death! It's definitely not for everyone though haha

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 am

lucid wrote:
        to ;; anyone, really.

Music takes in a very important part of my life. I can't live a single day without music.
    I will list only a few songs, but the reason I love these is the same; it's the feeling they give. It might sound weird but I choose my favourite songs after the feeling they give me, if the lyrics are great too it's even better.
    They have this; "late summer midnight happiness" feeling and to me that is one of the best feelings in the world.
    Stars - Dead Hearts (this song hold a very special place in my heart since years, but that is a different story c: )
    Pinkzebra - We Won't Stop Dreaming
    Pim Stones - We Have It All
    Syd Matters - Obstacles
    Echos - Haunt
    The Civil Wars - Kingdom Come
    SVRCINA - Island
    Sam Tinnesz - Glass Heart
    Oasis - Wonderwall
    Lord Huron - Ghost On The Shore
    Karmina - All The Kings Horses
    Livingston - The Hunter
    Foals - Spanish Sahara

//if you like instrumental music I can recommend pretty much everything from Two Steps From Hell (seriously, they are the gods of epic music)

//if you need a motivation boost though: Sweet - Ballroom Blitz (if this song doesn't get your spirits up I don't know)
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:54 am

Do any of you staffers have tattoos?
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:24 am

:3 2k17 wrote:Dear any CS Member

Do you have any pets irl at the moment? Or do you plan on getting a pet irl someday?

I've got a cat named Miss Kitty, a Shetland Sheepdog named Noel, and a cockatiel named Mango. I love them all to death!

In the near future, I'd love to get a bunny. I like flop-eared brown bunnies that have specks of lighter and darker brown in their fur - I'm not sure what it's called but they almost look like wild hares. I'd also consider a white bunny but I'm not very fond of their red eyes.

When I am financially stable with my own house and own responsibilities, I'd love to own a husky, German Shepherd, golden retriever, an Australian Shepherd, and maybe even a rescue dog of some sort. And tons of cats, of course. :3c

ωolfie wrote:To staffers:

Are you one who loves or hates speaking in front of a large crowd? If you want to, you could explain your reason, I'm curious :)

It's really odd for me. I have social anxiety and I'm generally not very good at socializing, but I love giving speeches. As long as I have time to prepare what I'm going to say and I like what I'm talking about (or know enough about it), I'm fine. It doesn't really make sense to me that I am so comfortable with public speaking, yet I am a huge introvert. I think it's mainly due to the fact that in 9th grade, I had to take a public speaking course. Usually the class has 25-30 students, but there were too many students so they had to create an extra class of 7 that I was placed in. I bombed my first presentation - I had to watch any movie and give a summary of it to the class. All I can remember is sitting at the front of the room, a nervous wreck, unable to form a coherent sentence without stuttering, and not knowing what to say.

I vowed to never put myself in that situation again, so the next time I had to give a presentation, I over-prepared myself. I gave a 10 minute symposium to an AP Biology class of 9 on polar bears but I knew exactly what I was talking about and didn't use note cards. Giving a good speech gave me a lot of confidence in my abilities, and now I enjoy speaking to audiences. I perform much better if I don't know the audience - I figure I'll never see them again - and I'm a bit shaky when I have to give speeches in front of people I've interacted with in the past or will have to interact with in the future. For example, I ran for VP of my school's anime club, and we had to give speeches on the spot. Knowing that I would see these people weekly for the next few years, I felt more pressure to get it right and I came very close to messing up many times.

If you don't like public speaking, one of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to over-prepare yourself and practice your speech several times before giving it. I like making PowerPoints with key points, and then talking about each key point. Reading off of a slide is bad and everyone can tell that you're doing it. You'll be more confident in yourself and will likely do much better if you practice and know what you want to say.

.Xeno wrote:
To:Anyone

What's your favorite movie?

The Lion King!

lucid wrote:
        to ;; anyone, really.

Not many people like my music taste (punk rock bands like Pierce The Veil) so my personal favorites are kind of obscure - but one of my favorite songs right now is I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers.

If you don't like the musical style of the song, there's a version by Against The Current and The Ready Set that I prefer. I really love the lyrics and they remind me of where I am in my life right now - confused and not really sure what I'm doing.

I've also really been into Should We Go Downtown by The Ready Set. Again, it's probably not for everyone, but it makes me think.

DrinaLestrange wrote:Do any of you staffers have tattoos?

I've been debating a tattoo for years. I think they look lovely, but I am very specific in my tastes, and the permanence of tattoos kind of scares me. I have very pale skin so I'm always debating on whether I want to keep it "pure" or not.

I love foxes, deer, rabbits, and wolves, so it's a hard choice on what I want. I was thinking of a brown wolf with some sort of Indian tribal headdress, with feathers and beads. I'd love to incorporate my other favorites but I have to keep everything hidden - my field of study doesn't allow us to even dye our hair, so I am doubtful that they would allow tattoos to be visible. I'm really thinking about that wolf though.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby n e w s i e s » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:53 am

How do you add images in your trade rules? I am theming my account to The Haunted Mansion and I want to put this image in my trade rules..Image. How would I go about putting it in my trade rules?
"Ain't it a fine life, carrying the banner through it all!"

Just remember you're a beautiful, amazing person and don't forget to smile! ♥️
n e w s i e s

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 am

raey wrote:
    Syd Matters - Obstacles
    Foals - Spanish Sahara

//sobbing from a few paces away

Alice_inDisneyland02 wrote:How do you add images in your trade rules? I am theming my account to The Haunted Mansion and I want to put this image in my trade rules..-snip-. How would I go about putting it in my trade rules?

The exact same way you put the image into a post, just without the button! You can copy the following code and paste it in there (:
    Code: Select all
    [img]https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.105416818.2118/flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg[/img]

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffedcheshire » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 am

fluffedcheshire wrote:
To anyone!! <33

What is your favorite litter from 2008-2010? I think my fav would probably be the toxics, but I can never seem to get one XD Oh well, lol

Anyone? <3
currently offline

hi i’m kayla / 21 / she/her
<3

i haven’t been on here in about 3 years so i’m
just getting back into it! ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡
find me on deviantART! https://www.deviantart.com/literal222messiah
find me on instagram! https://www.instagram.com/literal.messiah/
i appreciate any and all support on those platforms<3

Feel free to send me trades for any pets
that aren’t in my favorites folder, everything else is
up for grabs~!✨