April 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: April 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby beautifulglitter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:36 am

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:
XxFlamepoolxX wrote:
dia_dartenheit wrote:just my opinion but i dislike how this thread became a place to speculate pets’ rarity and getting depressed over hard to get pets. i come here to check people’s ideas about new designs and authors' comments about inspirations… maybe it should be renamed to “april 2024 trade talk”. i feel the whole discussion just feeds the hype.

Main thing for me is that while I understand being disappointed for missing an outcome, if everyone comes here to complain, it really brings down the mood and distracts from the positives. We should be appreciating the art and outcomes and discussing that.

I’m personally fine with speculating rarities as it helps me figure out when I have something a little higher value, but that’s literally all that has been talked about for several pages about the same pet. We get it it’s hard to get and you’re upset. Just keep trading and trying that’s how this games has always been. That’s how rarities work. It wouldn’t be rare if everyone got one.

I have to disagree partially due to the fact that I think the frustration and stuff is completely valid. This topic is to discuss the monthlies so I think it’s good to hear both the appreciation and the frustration. Happy thoughts discussing the cute pets and stuff but also talking about what is and why something is hard to get- I feel like this can benefit newer players who don’t really know what’s going on and it can also help those who may have been here a while but don’t know or understand why certain outcomes are so difficult. I feel like it’s nice to be validated and see that they aren’t the only one who is having a rough time with the monthlies. Again this is just my opinion! I enjoy scrolling and reading both sides, seeing where everyone’s heads are at

Also, in the poll that caused all of this drama, it was mentioned that the staff wanted to monitor user's feelings and experiences over the year to see how things go and what changes might have to be made. Unfortunately, there's not really another good place for those discussions- the front page of CS Discussion is filled with stickied and other long-term active threads that would push out discussion of how people are dealing with these changes. The monthly posts are the best and most timely way to keep tabs on the community, and if anyone ever hopes for a change to be made it's where they're most likely to be heard.

Believe me, I too much preferred the days when the monthly discussion threads were about theme speculation and design appreciation. It honestly was one of my favorite parts of CS, seeing all these people with such diverse interests and backgrounds make the most incredible deductions about the litters, especially when people are able to nail themes from like day 2 lol! I really hope these rare monthlies will stop so we can get back to that.
Want to get transparent pet images? Follow these steps!
  1. You must own the pet in order for this to work!
  2. Go to the Scene (My Stuff->Dressup Scenes)
  3. Create a new Scene
  4. Go to the Pets tab and find the pet you want
  5. Right-click the pet->Copy Image Address
  6. Post away!
beautifulglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:
Harley_Quinn21 wrote:
I have to disagree partially due to the fact that I think the frustration and stuff is completely valid. This topic is to discuss the monthlies so I think it’s good to hear both the appreciation and the frustration. Happy thoughts discussing the cute pets and stuff but also talking about what is and why something is hard to get- I feel like this can benefit newer players who don’t really know what’s going on and it can also help those who may have been here a while but don’t know or understand why certain outcomes are so difficult. I feel like it’s nice to be validated and see that they aren’t the only one who is having a rough time with the monthlies. Again this is just my opinion! I enjoy scrolling and reading both sides, seeing where everyone’s heads are at

Sure I’m not saying absolutely no talking about rarity speculation as I also mentioned I enjoy that. It’s when every other post is people complaining about canceling trades and “still not having x pet” or “finally got that pet I was complaining about heres a picture of it” Just edit your old comment if you want to show off that you got it we don’t need an update.

Sorry if any of this comes off as blunt but we’ve literally been ignoring the daily growths just to complain about the rainbow bw specifically. I’m over it.

No no I agree with you there it has become a bit much just about like the cancelled trades over and over^ I’m with you there. I’m more of an if you’re gonna complain in the post maybe also try to add something positive- like maybe instead of all the “dang guys 5th cancelled trade” it’d be nice to see more of “wow look at this awesome outcome, X outcome over here is still hard to find but how cool is this new one we got today” or maybe that’s just my mom brain trying to compromise lol. But no I do agree with you that this thread isn’t meant to hear about every cancelled trade out there!
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiemye » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:27 am

As someone who lurks the monthly discussions (and sometimes post, like rn), I do tend to dislike seeing like 5 pages of people complaining about some outcomes, or the introduction of rares in monthly litters.

I voted in favor because it could be a challenge, and if I don't get the rare pet, who cares? They're pixels on my computer screen. I really don't get people basically advocating for all pets being common and sometimes it really feels like "I'm okay with rares as long at it doesn't affect me personally". It's a game, and the majority of people have voted for rares in monthly litters because it'd be a challenge, that's democracy! If you feel anxious about it, take a step back, leave the site, do something else: it's really just a game.

Sure trading can get annoying, and other players can not play fair. But I don't think making all pets the same rarity (or only in the range of omgsc-common) so there's never a rarer outcome is the solution.
Reiemye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysticality » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 am

Reiemye wrote:As someone who lurks the monthly discussions (and sometimes post, like rn), I do tend to dislike seeing like 5 pages of people complaining about some outcomes, or the introduction of rares in monthly litters.

I voted in favor because it could be a challenge, and if I don't get the rare pet, who cares? They're pixels on my computer screen. I really don't get people basically advocating for all pets being common and sometimes it really feels like "I'm okay with rares as long at it doesn't affect me personally". It's a game, and the majority of people have voted for rares in monthly litters because it'd be a challenge, that's democracy! If you feel anxious about it, take a step back, leave the site, do something else: it's really just a game.

Sure trading can get annoying, and other players can not play fair. But I don't think making all pets the same rarity (or only in the range of omgsc-common) so there's never a rarer outcome is the solution.

I agree with this. I know that a lot of people want a full collection and want to get every single pet each month and it’s frustrating when that doesn’t happen right away, but it is just a game. I come on her to have fun and it’s not fun reading negative comments all day. I don’t like the overhype and over speculation of the monthly rares because I do think that that also can make the game a negative experience, but I also think that it’s good to have some sort of a challenge. On any other game you’re going to have to go through challenges that might take many attempts but you do it because the relief of finally overcoming it is rewarding. Patience is a virtue and some of us need to remember that.
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:10 am

Understand the frustration with the thread topic but there really should be a place for us to discuss monthly trades/speculation especially with the new consistent hard outcomes in litters that I voted against. May be no big deal to some but to folks who started playing recently (despite account age I started in late 2021) it's kind of rough and having a place to express that is important imo.

Proposed solution is a thread split:

[Month] Design Discussion Thread
[Month] Trade Discussion Thread

Edit: Also do not love the moralizing of litter frustration. It's okay to want different things out of a game and to express that. Saying that people are entitled, impatient, greedy, rip-offs, lack virtues, etc because they have an opinion either way is disheartening and discourages people from sharing what they genuinely feel.
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:33 pm

After Stars and Moon, we now have a planet. Wonder if one of the last outcomes will be a comet ? Or a sun slowly rising ?

SunstonePhoenix wrote:-snip-
Proposed solution is a thread split:

[Month] Design Discussion Thread
[Month] Trade Discussion Thread
-snip-

That's a great idea, but considering the hot takes thread got closed for people ranting too much for this site "standards", a monthly trade discussion thread would inevitably suffer the same fate.
There is no way no one (me included) would not complain about unfair trading methods and whatnot every time a rarer outcome appears.
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualghost » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:11 pm

Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Idk if anyone’s mentioned this before but the snake here is giving me Olive Garden vibes (idk if it’s bc of the pasta snakes but like breadsticks) so I’m curious how the others will turn out
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:16 pm

These 2nd gen ponies are so neat. I always liked the cave painting pets.
Tonight’s BW is adorable! I’m loving the set and the soft themes.

I think what we need is a casual thread where spam and rants is more tolerated. I thought we already had those, but it seems like the casual chats are only for events strangely enough. That way this chat can stay more on topic and professional while others having a rough time have a place to vent and discuss their experiences too.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harley_Quinn21 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:38 pm

Quick question - did all of the pups that split tonight go grey or did some stay the same? Mine went grey and I just wanted to know if I was missing any now! But I can’t lie I think they’re so cute grey I love it!!
Hiya I'm Hailey
I am addicted to Harley Quinn and Joker and I act way more like Harley than a sane human should.... if I’m even sane at this point.

Harley_Quinn21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Harley_Quinn21 wrote:Quick question - did all of the pups that split tonight go grey or did some stay the same? Mine went grey and I just wanted to know if I was missing any now! But I can’t lie I think they’re so cute grey I love it!!

From what I know, they all changed. Nobody has reported having one that didn’t
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me