What are your CS hot takes?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: What are your CS hot takes?

Postby MISSINGPICTURES » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:14 am

My CS hot take is that the staff can't do anything about the CS economy unless the community chooses to put in the work required to maintain that change. IE, stop overpay culture. The reason why it is so bad now is because of everyone overpaying and overcharging for the new pets, which (based on how I am understanding it) is not a bannable/warnable offense if both parties are aware they are overpaying (even if it is scam). If people stop overpaying for things the prices won't inflate even if there is tons of demand. But people who don't like overpaying do it anyway while still expecting staff to magically change the economy as though they weren't feeding the inflation (no one person should take the fall for this BTW). The CS economy is made by the community, so I think it should fixed by the community as well. It just isn't fair to staff to deal with that pressure while the community makes things worse by every month that passes.

Another hot take: Just because a pet is a less popular species doesn't mean should be devalued. If you want old, rare pets then you should pay the price instead of demanding that their owners lower their prices because they aren't "popular enough" for you. The rats, ponies, etc, should be just as valuable and pized as the other pets of their rarity. It isn't fair to players who want to trade what they have to just to be told they need to settle just because others consider them "second-rate trade fodder".

*Edit* I'm not sure this is a hot take but players shouldn't be super rude in their trade rules, nothing rubs me the wrong way more than when I'm looking for swaps for monthlies, then clicking on someone's profile and seeing a nightmare list of rules and threats to block people. It makes sending basic swaps very tense and stressful. When I joined and made my first post in the introductory forum I remember a staff member telling me "everyone here is super friendly - hopefully you feel welcome..." but some of these people's trade rules make me scared of making them angry. I don't like upsetting others especially if it seems as though they would blow up at me. Sometimes the community feels very unfriendly. It reminds me a lot of pixel pets and how aggressive people on there would get with their trade rules.

Sorry, if anything here sounds a little rude/off/confusing, I sometimes have a hard time telling the tone of my writing. Also if it seems like words are missing, please tell me so that I can review that part because sometimes I do drop words from sentences by mistake
MISSINGPICTURES

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ELMSTREETS » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm

Possible hot take, but some players have literal walls of text for trading rules and it is so discouraging, like I am NOT reading all of this... 😭!!! It's so unnecessary and anti-user friendly.
ELMSTREETS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teariffic » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 am

hot take: sometimes ppl send swaps bc they need the outcome ! whenever i do swaps and they're cancelled bc 'i already got that pet' i get sad bc urs is a double that i need, mine is a double, its still a fair trade. i don't get why you wouldn't just accept a simple monthly for monthly swap if you've got extras and don't hoard lol
teariffic | adult | slow replies
teariffic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby euphoricmir » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 am

trading is so frustrating. especially because people have a ton of “personal value” on things. i understand if you’re trying to collect a certain species, set, etc., etc. but it becomes overwhelming and overbearing when *everything* you are “trading” needs to be overpaid for!

to add on to this, the economy on this game is in literal shambles lol. out of all the sim games ive played/play, this economy is by far in the worst shape and it’s entirely at the fault of the community due to people “requiring overpay” for basically everything. i overpay *constantly* for simple trades and it’s irksome.
euphoricmir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PandyPanda » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 am

my hot take: old rares and new rares are worth the same

old rares are worth so much more than new rares despite literally being the same rarity. It makes it impossible to get older pets because you have to take dates into consideration and pay a stupid amount of new pets for one old pet.

I don't know if I'm being dumb and old rares are actually more rare (which wouldn't make sense to me) but I'm pretty sure all rares have pretty much the same number of pets in circulation making a 2010 rare equally as valuable as a 2022 rare and it's just the CS community that is placing this extra value on older pets.
PandyPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:45 am

teariffic wrote:hot take: sometimes ppl send swaps bc they need the outcome ! whenever i do swaps and they're cancelled bc 'i already got that pet' i get sad bc urs is a double that i need, mine is a double, its still a fair trade. i don't get why you wouldn't just accept a simple monthly for monthly swap if you've got extras and don't hoard lol

I actually want to answer this, it depends on my current trade inventory if I accept of not. I will often accept another swap, but if I get like 10 at the same time, I don't want my trade bank to be full of one outcome. The more variance I have in my bank increases the chance that I'll have what someone else is looking for, and as such that I'll get what I need! It's frustrating sometimes, 100% fair on your end, but I wanted to express that often when you post to the trade thread you'll get 1541 trades in rapid succession lmao and I don't want that many
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incognito! » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:46 am

SunstonePhoenix wrote:
teariffic wrote:hot take: sometimes ppl send swaps bc they need the outcome ! whenever i do swaps and they're cancelled bc 'i already got that pet' i get sad bc urs is a double that i need, mine is a double, its still a fair trade. i don't get why you wouldn't just accept a simple monthly for monthly swap if you've got extras and don't hoard lol

I actually want to answer this, it depends on my current trade inventory if I accept of not. I will often accept another swap, but if I get like 10 at the same time, I don't want my trade bank to be full of one outcome. The more variance I have in my bank increases the chance that I'll have what someone else is looking for, and as such that I'll get what I need! It's frustrating sometimes, 100% fair on your end, but I wanted to express that often when you post to the trade thread you'll get 1541 trades in rapid succession lmao and I don't want that many

yeah this is generally true. i try to accept most swaps but once i start ending up with 5+ of the same pet i either edit to a different outcome (most of the time) or cancel the swap if i can't find anything

my hot take, like others, is that some trade rules are so unfriendly. at the end of the day, it's just a game and people make mistakes/send silly trades.

and i do agree with the personal value/overpay culture making trades difficult, but i don't think there's an easy fix for that or something staff can just *poof* implement, it's how the game has shifted since i started playing in 2012. even back then, there were certain pets that people would pay ridiculous amounts for but trading was generally slightly easier. although even then, i got most of my extremely valuable pets from quitting users, which still happens but i feel like less frequently do they have the types of pets they did in 2012.

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pumpkin_hyena » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:53 am

hot take from a new player: I've only been around for a couple of months at this point, but it already happened several times, so my hot take is that some players with older accounts try to rip off newer players and they do it on purpose to take advantage of them/us. There are so many friendly and generous people of this platform, but it really dampens the mood if someone with an almost 10 year old account tries to offer you four uncommon pets for your very rare one. They know that this is not a fair trade so why do they offer it in the first place? Not cool at all.
pumpkin_hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alleyway » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:56 am

idk if this really counts but rarities make zero sense to me, it should just be very rare is for very rare, not all this non's, ma's and whatnot. it's so confusing, i literally do not try to trade someone because i don't understand it.

also new outcomes that don't have rarities being auctioned and people getting INSANE overtrade is so crazy to me
alleyway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horror grl » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:56 am

alleyway wrote:idk if this really counts but rarities make zero sense to me, it should just be very rare is for very rare, not all this non's, ma's and whatnot. it's so confusing, i literally do not try to trade someone because i don't understand it.

also new outcomes that don't have rarities being auctioned and people getting INSANE overtrade is so crazy to me

agree so heavily!!

+*:ꔫ:*﹤she/her. ❀ adult.
my name is paige. cat lover and film major.
I love pokemon, american horror story, and horror in general.
autistic + adhd, be patient! entp - 7w8
I love giving gifts & spreading kindness!
trying to collect every bat pet <3

stats.fm

gif credit
horror grl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me