Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Kaidaft » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Username: Cursed at the Heart
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've helped some newbies through PM
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I remember when I joined CS, I had no idea what I was doing. I'd love to help those who may have the same feeling as me, so they have a source to ask questions about anything they need. CS has consumed hours of my time, so I know the site well. Being help to others always makes me happy, and I'm always ready to help with any questions. I'd like to consider myself as a friendly person, and I'd be willing to explain parts of CS that newbies don't understand.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: On weekdays, typically, I check CS in the morning for about 5 minutes before school, then for about 5-7 hours afterward. On weekends, I'm on anywhere from 5-12 hours. I log on mostly everyday.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I have.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course.

About Me wrote:

Female
A Complete Dork
Artistic
Friendly
I love k-pop if you wanna
talk about groups
and biases, my DMs are open! :3

I love danganronpa + BTS.

A little Hello wrote:

I'm Cursed at the Heart, but feel free to call me Cursed or Kai!
Im a nerd who is obsessed with anime(Danganronpa, Fairy Tail),
Drawing, K-pop(BTS, GOT7, SEVENTEEN, Block B, +more),
and Books(Wings of Fire, Cursed, Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
I enjoy roleplays, so if you would like, send one over (1x1 are good ;3)
Kaidaft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeanW » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 am

Username: DeanW
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Swedish, French, Icelandic
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Through trading and other, have explained some bits of the trading system via PM, and have gifted pets to get them started.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I've been on CS for six years, and I have a very deep grasp of the trading concept, oekaki board, the forum, and the special events and others. I am fluent in four languages and feel as if I can use my extra time on CS to help someone else as well.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get online atleast once a day, and will be on for everything between 1 our to 12.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I read and understood all of it, to my knowledge.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I promise to do so, scout's honour.
🌸i'm gemma!
🌸my favourite animal is polar bears
🌸my favourite actor is stefan karl
🌸and i just really really love ice cream
🌸Trade me
DeanW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Centipedes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:49 am

Username: itsybitsyiguana
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): n/a
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: no
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been on CS for a pretty decent time, in my time I've been pretty active on forums and actively talking to members so I feel I've learned loads doing so and it would be awesome to teach somebody everything I know about Cs!! Plus I always see newbies being taking advantage of trade wise because they don't know how rare some of their pets are (my friend made a account about a month before dec 18th, on Dec 18th she received dozens of trades from experienced members trying to trade for her dec 18th pets while they only offered commons so I would love to help newbies avoid scamming) I'm also a helper on a few threads so I feel like I can introduce them to lots of threads if they are looking for something to do on here.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm online everyday, I check my account probably at least once a hour (more during events) and when I check I'm probably on for about 20-30 minutes!!
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes!!
┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Chime ♡ He/him
♡ owner of heartcatch
└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘
Centipedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Kalopsian wrote:I was assigned a newbie a while ago, but they don't need help anymore, so I'm reapplying.

Username: Aliria
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes, quite a lot, here's a few because it would take forever to find all of them X x X x X
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I enjoy being helpful, and I feel like a know a lot about the site so could answer most questions. Mostly, I just want to help out this awesome site!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm online pretty much every day, though the exact amount of time is hard to tell since I do a lot of switching between sites. It's definitely several hours though.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!

My newbie hasn't needed help in a while, so I'm re-applying. I did help them.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:59 am

Username:☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) since it was my first language.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes! I usually help with off-list trades now and then on the fair trade thread, also at some other various places.
Fair trade thread [x x x x x]
"How much is this pet worth" thread [x x x x]
CS Help Forum [x]
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I would love to help and introduce someone to this site! Back when I joined in 2012, I didn't really have help and got ninaja'd. I had to figure out many things by myself and it was quite challenging. I would like to prevent this from happening to others. Also, I've been on CS for a pretty long time. I've also opened my email notice for PMs, so I usually respond pretty quickly.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I always try to be on everyday! During school days, I get on for about two hours (at least) and during the weekend, I get on for at least 4.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! (:

^Reapplying because my newbie hasn't needed help for a while

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:18 am

Helped my newbie. Can I be added back on again?

Burrito Bunny wrote:Username: Burrito Bunny
    Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French
    Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Tons of times in the forums. Not so much in recent months but here's a few: x xx
    Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I always help wherever I can. I've adopted before in the past. I believe this program is very helpful for the newbies who want all the help they can get when starting out since it can be overwhelming at first.
    How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: At least once a day to check pms. I don't often post but I poke around. Always check up on pms though. I'm looking to post more too.
    Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
    Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course
    Last edited by Burrito Bunny on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Burrito Bunny
    Global Moderator

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 am

I helped my newbie and I'd like to be added to the bottom of the list! c:

smofir. wrote:Username: smofir.
    Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None.
    Have you helped anyone before? If so, please link to the post/s: Yup, many times! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3152593

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3151156

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3143409

I also visit the Introduction board. ^^
    Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I should adopt a newbie before I have a good attitude towards any user, and I know the basics of CS/general info about the website. I love helping people, especially newbies so I can share my love about CS with them, and I also love making new friends. I'll answer every question my newbie has, and I'll also love to know them better through the process!
    How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day, and 4+ hours.
    Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Of course!
    Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
    all things cute n insane
    └───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
    ▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
    she/her gamer adult silly
    ────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby gяεч » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:48 am

XD I think I would qualify as a Newbie !

(HELP ;-;)

~~~ 🎨 ~~~ 🔄
    gяεч

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:03 am

DragonOfSky wrote:XD I think I would qualify as a Newbie !

(HELP ;-;)

If you want to be adopted, fill out the form on the first page of this thread!
    I'll send out my soul
    To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me