Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby Kasaitora » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:39 am

jprspereira wrote:
Nick wrote:
We are not adding bulk delete or bulk give to pound buttons, they're an attractive nuisance for people who get onto your account and want to wreck it as fast as possible.

A single "give pet to pound" option next to the delete option would make sense.

2 questions:
- Why do you insist on having a delete button when it seems that the majority of the community has been agreeing on getting rid of it for years? In practical terms, it doesn't matter if I keep all the thousands of common pets in someone's account, but end up deleting their high-value pets manually. A single 2 non-pet would be enough to get 20000 of common pets back. The damage isn't evenly. Deleting 1 common has much less of an actual impact than deleting a high-value pet, but the effort is the same. They're not hard to find either. There are browser extensions that select the pets within a specific rarity automatically and allow you to move them to a folder. Then you just delete them. If a delete button option is a security risk, why keeping it?
- What's the difference between a person with bad intentions hacking into one account and giving all pets to pound through a mass-donation button vs someone that uses the browser extension that adds pets/items automatically to a trade and does the same thing? Is it because the extension is 3rd party so you wouldn't be responsible for any issues it might cause? But then wouldn't allowing it to exist on your forums be your responsibility either way? Also, wouldn't CS being in control of mass donations actually be a better option over people using the browser extensions either way? Wouldn't it make it easier to reverse?

I don't mean to allow mass donations in a few clicks. There could be several verification methods. Actually, how hard is it to delete an account on CS? What protective methods do you guys use? Wouldn't those methods be safe enough to apply for a mass-donation tool? Because deleting an account and donating to the Pound is essentially the same thing when it comes to destroying an account. You could even stall the pets for 1 year in the pound if you guys really wanted. Have a non-removable popup when an account donates everything to Pound so the owner can actually reverse it for a specific time. Send emails. Idk, I feel like a malicious person sending pets to Pound is still a way better option (because it could be reversed) than having pets deleted. Any person able of hacking can script something to delete pets either way. If we have the same security for mass donations and we would do for account deletions, then the person with bad intentions would delete the account either way always as a 1st option. Meaning, the issue already exists. Having a mass-donation option wouldn't aggravate the issue. If anything, it could lead to people mass-donating to pound to "ruin" an account instead of taking more severe measures. Since the pets would be stuck in the Pound, they could always be reversed, so yay! This is also why deleting doesn't make sense. Anyone would delete the high-value pets to make sure they're not ever back/delete the account. So in the battle of having a "donation" vs "deletion" button, a "donation" one always wins. As you implied, the pets won't automatically be immediately available in the Pound to be claimed, so all these issues around hacking could be solved.

I have all the good intentions so I'm sorry if my tone is too strong or you found that I was rude. I apologize in advance if I sounded that way. I find Chicken Smoothie very fun, so I have all the good intentions to see it moving forward. I'm a very straightforward person, which can be intimidating. I'm open to hearing your opinion on this, and please correct me wherever you find that I have a misconception. We're here to try to get CS into an even better place for everyone and I believe it's through open discussions like this that we can achieve that :)

I'm in agreement with this. A mass donation locked behind safety measures similar to account deletion is much better than a delete pet button. It can be much more devastating for a person who gets hacked to loose 1 high value pet they might never feel right about having again if it's for example sentimental even if it's reversible then all their pets be thrown into the pound and waiting there on a cooldown so they can reverse it and get it back. If the community has been of this opinion for a significant while too it would be positively received to rid of it even if it's not replaced by anything.
Howdydo

I'm Joey

He/him

Dragon obsessed, anything spooky,space or nature related is my tea
Kasaitora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Raven » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:09 am

Kasaitora wrote:I'm in agreement with this. A mass donation locked behind safety measures similar to account deletion is much better than a delete pet button. It can be much more devastating for a person who gets hacked to loose 1 high value pet they might never feel right about having again if it's for example sentimental even if it's reversible then all their pets be thrown into the pound and waiting there on a cooldown so they can reverse it and get it back. If the community has been of this opinion for a significant while too it would be positively received to rid of it even if it's not replaced by anything.

Also agreed, I feel like mass donation to pound with even a month, a year of countdown would feel safe enough imo. I also don't understand what's the purpose of the Delete Pet button at all on a pet collecting website. It's so scary just having it there when all I want is to add items to a pet xD
Night Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:23 am

Night Raven wrote:
Kasaitora wrote:I'm in agreement with this. A mass donation locked behind safety measures similar to account deletion is much better than a delete pet button. It can be much more devastating for a person who gets hacked to loose 1 high value pet they might never feel right about having again if it's for example sentimental even if it's reversible then all their pets be thrown into the pound and waiting there on a cooldown so they can reverse it and get it back. If the community has been of this opinion for a significant while too it would be positively received to rid of it even if it's not replaced by anything.

Also agreed, I feel like mass donation to pound with even a month, a year of countdown would feel safe enough imo. I also don't understand what's the purpose of the Delete Pet button at all on a pet collecting website. It's so scary just having it there when all I want is to add items to a pet xD

{ just poking my head in on this specifically, it's been mentioned that the delete button is from when the site was new and you could adopt infinite numbers of pets at the time. it's an outdated feature that should've gone the way of unlimited adopts. the removal of the button is a really popular choice by the suggestion forum !! ♡
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:56 am

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:
XxFlamepoolxX wrote:Hmm I have very little coding experience but what if only users that got a certain rarity range of pet get the long cooldown? Like if you got a VR store pet, you have to skip out on the next opening for cooldown. If you just got a common, you don’t get skipped the next opening. Some sort of programming that does a sliding timer scale based on what you got if that’s at all possible

Just wanted to point out my suggestion again. I think it got looked over in the super long comments 😅 I really think it would help a lot if it were at all possible. It feels fair to me to have to wait longer if youre getting rares from the pound. It’s the tradeoff that balances things out for people that aren’t as luck in the pound. Didn’t get anything good last time? That’s ok try again. But if you did get something really good you have to wait to give others a chance

This sounds like an absolute pain to code but is my favorite idea thus far. The cooldown for unknowns could be an issue though

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:37 am

So now the best won’t be at the start of the opening anymore ?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:57 am

pizzas and scream wrote:So now the best won’t be at the start of the opening anymore ?

Nope. The pets are now more spread out by year per page. I got a vr on my 4th pound page the other day. It still drains quickly, but you’re not out of luck anymore if you aren’t there the first second
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poserpanda » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:04 pm

I have really appreciated that the pound no longer releases all of the more rare items or pets all at once. I've been able to get something of value for myself, instead of seeing 'Sprinkle Green' for the fifth day in a row. So thank you for this update!
Image]
Poserpanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me