We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Which path should we take to improve the pet rarity system?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:06 pm

Keep the current categories, but spread pets out more across the categories we have
22%
Add a new "very uncommon" rarity category
16%
Add four new rarity categories
62%

Total votes : 5068

Re: We need your feedback on an update to the rarity system!

Postby gravy » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:56 am

TANKMEN wrote:im very late coming in but im a 2009 player (previous account was purged on request, before anyone questions haha), an ex-rares list trader and i want nothing more than more granular rarities. coming back to CS, the trading scene is kind of a nightmare, the complete arbitrary rules between one rare against another (etc) is difficult to wrap your head around. with more specification to rarity, it makes it easier to match up two pets from different years by highlighting their actual distribution. this would be a good thing for people getting into trading, and is an update that should've been implemented years ago. but always better late than never, and im very grateful the staff are tackling the problem at all!

there's a lot of great mockups for colours and bars and etc but ultimately i want to state that it makes the most logical sense for OMGSR to have a rainbow bar, and customs should NOT negate the visual experience of the entire site. customs are so few and far between, cannot be traded, and they dont have a true 'rarity'. if anything, their bar should be changed or embellished accordingly to allow OMGSRs to use the rainbow. its not like any regular player is going to get one. and thats fine! but OMGSR's visuals are therefore more important to the site than custom's ^^ that's my two cents, anyway!

I’m so on board with rainbow OMGSRS

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherryfisk » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Lacuna wrote:
    - I saw some discussion about the use of the word "extremely" but if there was another suggestion to use instead I didn't see one that got support. If this is something people are concerned about, please propose what you'd prefer! Personally, I went with very > extremely because I think that it's pretty intuitive as to which one is worth "more." even if the word extremely is a bit clunky. I'm definitely open to hearing a better option!

Just hopping in with some suggestions:

✦ Ultra:
OMG so Common - Ultra Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Ultra Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Ultra Rare - OMG so Rare
OMGSC, UC, VC, C, U, VU, UU, R, VR, UR, OMGSR

✦ Mega:
OMG so Common - Mega Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Mega Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Mega Rare - OMG so Rare
OMGSC, MC, VC, C, U, VU, MU, R, VR, MR, OMGSR

✦ Super:
OMG so Common - Super Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Super Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Super Rare - OMG so Rare
OMGSC, SC, VC, C, U, VU, SU, R, VR, SR, OMGSR

--

Please bear with me, I haven't read every comment on this thread, I just read Lacuna's update here and thought I'd add my thoughts. Sorry if any of them have already been suggested! In that case, just take my suggestions as a bit of support to it. ^^;
Currently not super active, busy IRL.

If you use very small fonts, I can't read it. Sorry.
Cherryfisk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turo0 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:41 pm

Cherryfisk wrote:
Lacuna wrote:
    - I saw some discussion about the use of the word "extremely" but if there was another suggestion to use instead I didn't see one that got support. If this is something people are concerned about, please propose what you'd prefer! Personally, I went with very > extremely because I think that it's pretty intuitive as to which one is worth "more." even if the word extremely is a bit clunky. I'm definitely open to hearing a better option!

✦ Ultra:
OMG so Common - Ultra Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Ultra Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Ultra Rare - OMG so Rare

✦ Mega:
OMG so Common - Mega Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Mega Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Mega Rare - OMG so Rare

✦ Super:
OMG so Common - Super Common - Very Common - Common - Uncommon - Very Uncommon - Super Uncommon - Rare - Very Rare - Super Rare - OMG so Rare

--

Please bear with me, I haven't read every comment on this thread, I just read Lacuna's update here and thought I'd add my thoughts. Sorry if any of them have already been suggested! In that case, just take my suggestions as a bit of support to it. ^^;

Personally I find ultra one a bit confusing as uncommons are usually called uc and this would need to be changed to not mix with ultra common and as uncommon still stays as rarity it can be a bit hard for some to adapt to. New rarities are already a lot to take in so I personally don't prefer adding more confusement to it. But other of these ideas I do like, they would all be quite clear
Finnish player 🏳️‍🌈 he/him. My birthday is June 15th!
Currently really looking for these pets for my collection! So consider trading me if you have any of them available!
ImageImageImage Image
Turo0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iwein » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:49 am

Aside from extremely, incredibly would be my second pick. easy to understand and imo fits CS better than ultra or mega would
Looking for a date swap? Send me a suggestion - even if the pet is in a locked group!
Iwein

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metax » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:17 am

I think "super" works best. It's short and easy.

Also in favor of rainbow omgsrs.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
┌──────────┐

𝓫𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭
[ 52,000! ]

└──────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓪𝔁 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻
─────────────

Hiya! I'm trying to complete my
pet collection. c:

On hiatus!

║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
░░░░░░
𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐬xx
[ no stores/URs ]

✧ | dogs - 22

everything else is
finished!

Metax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyeless Jack » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:22 pm

Metax wrote:I think "super" works best. It's short and easy.

Also in favor of rainbow omgsrs.

I second the favor of rainbow omgsrs.
Pet's name: Preparations for holiday cheer!
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Eyeless Jack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:51 pm

Dropping in to say that I prefer the label "extremely"

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to pet trades by rarity
-Quick link to my trade thread
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Status: Maybe sort of kind of just a little bit obsessed with a fictional man
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Audrey_Bee » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:28 pm

Ebony Stardust wrote:Dropping in to say that I prefer the label "extremely"

I also like Extremely.

Ones like super, mega, etc the smaller words might make it easier to type out but having a word with more pizzazz would help to show its placement.

I also agree with a comment above that mentions the problem with Ultra.
uncommon is widely abbreviated to UC, not U. This would get confusing in the fair trades thread especially where these abbreviations are often used, unfortunately 😬
Audrey_Bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fellefan » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 am

I really do not want to rush or seem impatient but I would love an estimate of when staff thinks there might be an update on the topic? like will this be implemented within a month? or in the coming year? just so we know if we should halt rarer trades as we wait etc.
Fellefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:46 am

Cherryfisk wrote:
Lacuna wrote:

✦ Ultra:

✦ Mega:

✦ Super:

--

I wouldnt go with ultra, since that would be UR.
And UR already stands for UnReleased, which will cause a lot of confusion.
Extremely or extra sounds better to me.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me