Rule Change and Retirements

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Rule Change and Retirements

Postby Simon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:22 am

We have a couple of site changes to announce to the community today!

First, we have made some adjustments to the Oekaki and Adoptables Rules specifically in regard to competitions. After some discussion, we have decided that we no longer believe it is ethical for us to give away art that takes little to no effort to enter. We hope that the following changes will better standardized how we handle situations where competitions are left to rot on CS. Please keep in mind, ignoring competitions and leaving them to rot is still strictly against our rules. The change here is that we will now be handling low effort competitions differently. Previously staff would judge competitions left to rot regardless of effort. We will no longer be doing this with competitions that do not take effort to enter. We have also clearly defined what constitutes as a low effort competition below. Please make sure to read through this section of the rules carefully again.

Additionally, we have re-named this section "Oekaki and Adoptables Rules" instead of just "Oekaki Rules" as we realized that these rules also apply to the User-Made Adoptables board as well.

Bellow, please see the following rule changes, adjustments, and additions (changes are highlighted in red) :

• The Oekaki is for making and sharing art in the Oekaki program. If you’d like to use another program to create your adoptables, please post them in user-made adopts or character design shops.(Please note that the following rules also apply to these boards when applicable). “Cover adoptables” are not permitted, except for “milestone” adoptables in which case the cover must still follow Oekaki rules.

• All Adoptable Oekaki submissions must be judged or canceled (when permitted, see guidelines below) within 1 month of closing. Competitions should never be left to rot. Failure to end a contest after being reminded may result in a board warning.

• Competitions with entries requiring artistic/creative effort must end with a winner. The promised prize (in this case the character design) must be awarded at the end of the contest to an entrant, so be sure you want to give the character away. You may only change your mind if there are no forms that meet the competition requirement. Staff may intervene if the user fails to select a winner after 1 month.

• Adoptables that take little to no effort to enter (for example: raffles, FCFS) aren't subject to these guidelines and may be canceled by the host. We define "effort" as competition that requires the writing of at least two sentences/25 words or creating any new visual art. Please note that closed species rules take precedent. If a closed species requires all adoptables from competitions to be given out, artists for said species will not be permitted to cancel without a winner.

In other news, we have two retirements to announce today!

Ashki has been a General Helper since 2015. She was hired in the same cycle of GHs that I was and always such amazing team member and friend to have around. Ashki has helped countless CS users with questions over the years and thrived in her role as a GH. Recently, shehas had to focus her time more on areas outside of CS and decided it was time to retire.

WolfTales was hired in early 2019. She was an integral part of our RP mod team and helped deal with any issues that arose in that section of our forums. Over the past couple of months, WolfTales has had to adjust to a new work schedule and decided it would be best to step down from her role to make more time for her real-life responsibilities.

Please join me in thanking these two for all they have done for CS!
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rule Change and Retirements

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 am

Thanks for the update Simon!

Thanks for all your incredible work WolfTales and Ashki. I hope we still see you around <3

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 am

Awh, hope we'll still see you around some time, Ashki!
    It'll feel really weird not to see you in salmon any more, we got hired together, after all. It was a blast working with you, hope life will treat you well ♥

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:54 am

Thank you Simon!

Sad to see you go WolfTales and Ashki <3
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:18 am

Thank you for the rule update! ^^

Sorry to see you go Ashki and WolfTales, it was great working with you both! Best of luck with everything <3

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:39 am

Thank you for all of your hard work, WolfTales and Ashki! I wish you the best of luck for the future <3

Thanks for the update Simon!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogian » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Thanks for working on the rule update.
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 am

Thank ya for the update, good luck on your endeavours WolfTales and Ashki! xox

Postby Kaizoku » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:59 am

All the best to Ashki and WolfTales, hope to still see you around the site! And thank you for the rule update!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:50 am

Thanks for the rule update, it was needed!!
Thanks for your hard work you two, we'll miss you :(
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me