HIRING: Mods and GH, RESULTS DELAYED UNTIL AUGUST

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: HIRING: Mods and General Helpers, APPLICATIONS CLOSING S

Postby SingSangJisung » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:07 pm

no like will they give them the job not will they read it :) sorry for miscomunication
SingSangJisung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bloodwolfie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Tess makes the final discussion so people reading the forms will not just give you the job off the bat. They will have lots of applications so they cannot just accept the second one they see.
Bloodwolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:33 pm

Hyensa wrote:
Sammaimai wrote:So I'm gonna try to make this clear but exactly who will be choosing our applications? Will it be every staff member including the moderators and general helpers or just them?

Atwood wrote:First the staff goes through all the applications individually and we each make our own lists of which ones stood out to us (either through the application itself or having already noted the person to be a good potential staff member). From there, we winnow down our own lists based on the applications and the person's posts, history and general character around the forum. Once we've got our individual lists, we nominate our top picks to the rest of the staff, check out the applications of the people other staff members have suggested and give our support to the ones we feel would be the strongest additions to the team with our reasons behind those choices. Tess then goes over that thread and considers our nominees as well as any others she personally selected, comes up with her final list and contacts those people to offer them the job. ^^

The first part of that isn't quite accurate anymore - that's how we used to do it, but with the new system things have been changed around a bit. Now all the applications for each position go into a list on the application page that each staff member can go through to vote yea, nay or maybe on. We still vote individually, but now we can see how the others have voted on a particular application, as well as seeing any comments other staff members have made right on the application, so it's all much more streamlined now. :3 What we look for and our general process is still the same though, except now we can vote Yes right on the applications we like rather than having to nominate them in a separate thread. ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyren » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:09 pm

Atwood wrote:
Hyensa wrote:
Sammaimai wrote:So I'm gonna try to make this clear but exactly who will be choosing our applications? Will it be every staff member including the moderators and general helpers or just them?

Atwood wrote:First the staff goes through all the applications individually and we each make our own lists of which ones stood out to us (either through the application itself or having already noted the person to be a good potential staff member). From there, we winnow down our own lists based on the applications and the person's posts, history and general character around the forum. Once we've got our individual lists, we nominate our top picks to the rest of the staff, check out the applications of the people other staff members have suggested and give our support to the ones we feel would be the strongest additions to the team with our reasons behind those choices. Tess then goes over that thread and considers our nominees as well as any others she personally selected, comes up with her final list and contacts those people to offer them the job. ^^

The first part of that isn't quite accurate anymore - that's how we used to do it, but with the new system things have been changed around a bit. Now all the applications for each position go into a list on the application page that each staff member can go through to vote yea, nay or maybe on. We still vote individually, but now we can see how the others have voted on a particular application, as well as seeing any comments other staff members have made right on the application, so it's all much more streamlined now. :3 What we look for and our general process is still the same though, except now we can vote Yes right on the applications we like rather than having to nominate them in a separate thread. ^^

Thanks for the help guys! Glad they changed the system a bit, it seems more functional~ :)
ᴄʏʀᴇɴImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
• ᴀʀᴛ - ᴀɴɪᴍᴀʟꜱ - •

Tʀᴀᴅᴇs Aʀᴛ sʜᴏᴘ Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs
Cyren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ Konata ♥ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:49 pm

@Atwood
Someone said that general helpers aren't part of the staff. Does this mean they don't get to participate in voting? Or any other certain event that reaquires the staff?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx
Links

xxxxx

xxxxx
BFF'S
xxxxx

xxxxx
Credits
xxxxx
♥ Konata ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Akemi Homura. wrote:@Atwood
Someone said that general helpers aren't part of the staff. Does this mean they don't get to participate in voting? Or any other certain event that reaquires the staff?

General helpers are not staff members. They are simply regular users with a colored name so users can find them more easily to ask for help and access to the simplest help tickets(which are just regular questions about the site such as how to change your username or password).
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ Konata ♥ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Metallic Dragon wrote:

General helpers are not staff members. They are simply regular users with a colored name so users can find them more easily to ask for help and access to the simplest help tickets(which are just regular questions about the site such as how to change your username or password).

Ohh I see^^ If a general helper gets a higher rank, do he/she officially become part of the staff?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx
Links

xxxxx

xxxxx
BFF'S
xxxxx

xxxxx
Credits
xxxxx
♥ Konata ♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dolce Owl » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:32 pm

Akemi Homura. wrote:
Metallic Dragon wrote:

Ohh I see^^ If a general helper gets a higher rank, do he/she officially become part of the staff?

Most General Helpers, if given a promotion, will become moderators. In those cases, they will officially become part of the staff.
Dolce Owl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Please do not give out false information; being a GH does not increase your chances of becoming a staff member and should not by any means be used as a way to get a promotion. They are completely separate. Although being a GH helps to show that you are a helpful and respectable user, it will not make you more likely to be chosen, and very few GH will become Moderators.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ Konata ♥ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Seasonal <3 wrote:Please do not give out false information; being a GH does not increase your chances of becoming a staff member and should not by any means be used as a way to get a promotion. They are completely separate. Although being a GH helps to show that you are a helpful and respectable user, it will not make you more likely to be chosen, and very few GH will become Moderators.

I see^*
Thank everyone who answered my questions
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text
text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx
Links