Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+)CLOSING

Postby Kyuhyun Cho » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 am

Definitely, I know if I do get picked staff then I will be busy, but I didn't want to leave the rp community community, thats what I mean ^6^

I have my love and fiance,Hyuk and my past Jagiya included Jagiya and my other Jagiya
On CS ;-; Im sorry Jagiyas...Im breaking up with you, because you left...
Only the compassionate and strong can melt this ice cold heart...

CURRENTLY:"我永远是你彼得潘 我还留在时间里期盼..." Issac-Oppa, I really miss you, and Saranghae always and forever </3
I love Super Junior, SHINee, Exo and lets welcome Nu'est to the family <3
Kyuhyun Cho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miavinn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: July 15, 2011
    2.How many posts have you made in the forum : 7,011
    3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday whether a weekday or weekend.
    4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 3-6 hrs
    5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have not.
    6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes I have, as well as to color in other user's linearts.
    7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes I do. I like to see what type and styles of art people have and to see why they posted something (reading comments).
    8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Mainly just to make CS a fun and friendly site, but also to make sure everyone gets the help they need around the boards.
    9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I can keep a level head when dealing with troublesome people.
Last edited by Miavinn on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tolter barns | groveclan | buttermilks

updates ;;
life is busy
contact me on discord
miavinn#3230

Miavinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 23rd, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?: 11,422

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I don't really spend a lot of time on CS at once, but I visit multiple times a day to check my trades, PMs, forums, etc. I would say that I can spend at least 2 hours on CS collaboratively in a given day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated on multiple forums, but all of them no longer exist so they aren't worth mentioning. However, I currently am and have been a Moderator on Wolf-Haven under the name Seasonal since May of 2011.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: I have, but I'm not an artist so I don't normally publish anything. I mainly use it to experiment, doodle, and color in linearts.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: I do sometimes.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: Helping out is something that I genuinely enjoy doing. I would love to keep the Oekaki forums organized and bully-free, and I wouldn't mind approving/disapproving drawings from younger members. I feel that I have the time, experience, and dedication required to aid in these tasks. I believe that I understand the rules thoroughly and would be able to enforce them properly.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: While I do not use the Oekaki system to draw anymore, I feel that I have enough knowledge about it to help with troubleshooting and resolving any technical issues that may arise. I took mediation classes through my school about two years ago, so I feel that I would be able to handle member-to-member issues calmly and without bias. I don't have a weak stomach, either, so I wouldn't mind dealing with any inappropriate pictures that may come up here and there.

Thank-you for taking the time to read my application!

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:15 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Feb 2, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
8,497 posts
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm usually on about 5-7 days a week, depending on if I'm not busy with any "real life" situations, which don't happen to often. I'm most active during the weekends and during the summertime.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2 hours is my bare minimum every day that I'm on, but I usually tend to stay for much longer, usually 3-4 hours during the weekdays and about 6 + hours on the weekend.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, I unfortunately have not, the only forums I've moderated are adoptable threads here on CS.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes, I have used it for quite a while after I found it after I had joined.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I quite enjoy seeing the artwork in all of the boards. I can sometimes spend upwards of a few hours at a time browsing and stalking the art work posted.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Well, I’ve been a General Helper for a while now, and while it’s really fun, I feel like it’s time for me to step up my game and challenge myself a little further. I quite enjoy my duties, but I’d like to be able to do a little more for the site, such as helping out with cleaning up the oekaki boards. I tend to be on quite a bit when other staff members are not, and see activities that need some moderator action but cannot handle it myself. I want to keep members safe and continue making this site enjoyable for everyone. I will definitely still continue my General Helper duties, as that’s where I began.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I've had plenty of experience with answering questions and I'm able to answer them with ease and in a well and calm manner through my experience as a GH. I've also been involved in peer mediation for about a couple years and have learned a bit on how to solve problems between people. I do know the basics of French enough that I can communicate easily if ever needed.
I have an understanding on how the oekaki and the tools work and how to get certain things to work such as transparency for the canvas, flipping etc. I enjoy drawing on it in my free time and sometimes help others out by redlining their drawings or helping with trouble shooting issues.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby santinel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:26 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Saturday Jan 29, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3746 posts
I check in regularly throughout the day, every day unless I'm somewhere without internet. CS is one of those sites I always check in on first thing I get on my computer (same as one might check facebook).
Depends on the day. On a weekday, probably at least two hours. During weekends and vacations, however, I'd say probably half of my computer time is spent on CS, and I'm on my computer from I wake up till I go to sleep again, so that's a lot of time.
Can't say I have. You have to start somewhere, right?
Ever since I started CS! In the beginning of my digital art adventure, the oekaki was the best drawing program I could get my hands on, so I spent a lot of time on it. Later on I got SAI and Photoshop; hence I don't use it as much as before; but I know very well how it works.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I do! I enjoy looking at what other people draw, and I use the 'like' button a lot.
I want to give something back. CS has been with me through so much in my life, and I love it with all my heart -- I would never think to leave it. I want to help others get the same experience as I had (and have!) with CS, and as I am an artist this just seems like a great opportunity to do just that.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, to begin with I have lots of experience with the program (as well as tons of other programs) as I've been into digital art since I started CS in 2011. I know my way around it, and I'd be glad to help young and aspiring artists use it. I also genuinely enjoy browsing the oekaki board, so it wouldn't be a burden, but an excuse to do it even more! I don't mind seeing inappropriate pictures either.

I consider myself calm and collected, and I have experience solving conflicts. More often than not I find myself in the position of middle-man when my friends start fighting.

I feel like I'd simply enjoy the position as oekaki moderater, even though people might be mad with me and yell.

Thanks for taking my form into consideration.
Last edited by santinel on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m santinel, but you can call me san,
or santi, or whatever else, I don't mind.
Check out my music at soundcloud!, or maybe my art in my gallery.
I am doing commissions over on deviantArt.. Don't be afraid to PM me!
You can also follow me on tumblr, or instagram @synnicalart, if you like.
santinel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ukraine » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:54 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
6-7
2-4
No, sorry.
Yes!^^ But I am not that good, haha
Yes, all the time!^^
I really like helping people and I think being an oekaki moderator would be a good fit. Although I am not good at computer art, I am good with 3D art (Ceramics, sculpting), and I love art and creativeness and helping people while watching them make beautiful creations
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have taken many counseling classes at my school and my friends always come to me when they have problems!
Ukraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Sep 06, 2013 11:39 pm

I have posted 2,641 times at the time I am applying.

I visit Chicken Smoothie every single day.

It depends on the day. At the very least 4-5 hours many times a lot more.

I have moderated and owned many threads on the user made adoptable section. This has taught me a lot about how to run things and manage a lot to do. Also on even more threads I have been a pixel artist.

Here are links to a few of the threads I was/am a mod on.

(x)
    (x)
    (x)
    (x)
    (x)
    (x)
    (X)
    (X)

I am also an admin for this site

(x)

Yes you can check my gallery for some examples. I'm not the best oekaki artists on CS for sure(I am more talented at pixel art), But I know the program and understand it very well.I have mastered all of the different functions and capabilities of oekaki through experience. I also love using it and enjoy drawing on it for fun, even if I don't post something. In addition I have read through all of the Guides to oekaki threads multiple times to better my understanding.

All the time ^.^
    I allway look at the new drawings posted and go through them.
    I love the creative outlet CS provides for people of all artistic talents and the positive feedback and encouragement it gives people. I love to give positive feedback on works of art and be apart of an amazing cultural exchange that oekaki provides.

I think that my experience as a staff member in many different places and setting allows for me to bring a lot to the table. I am quick at problem solving and I have lots of free time to sift through things and well, work for you guys. I know I can handel the job and help out this amazing creative outlet that CS has given to so many people all over the world.

I have experience being both a mod and artist on many user made adoptable threads. My combined understanding of art and creativity as well as moderation seems like the perfect combination for this position.

I am also familiar with all functions of oekaki and use it when I have some time to kill. I love drawing with it and expressing myself through art.

Even though I am kind of new compared to others, I have accomplished and done a lot in the span of time I have been on CS. Many people while they may have joined earlier then me, haven't spent as much time on CS as me and haven't devoted as much time into CS as I have. I hope that even though I am considered, by some, to be a "new member" you can look past that and see I have a lot of experience and a lot of great assets and attributes that I can provide for CS in many ways.

I have been a part of many clubs and organizations in the real world that have taught me how to be a strong, tolerant leader in the real world and online. At my school I am a part of clubs that do charity to help those who are less fortunate. I helped organize and run an event where we earned 5,000 dollars for a charity, which is a lot considering the size of my school. My experience with these charities taught me crucial leadership and organization skills. I believe these skill will help me greatly with this job.

I am also a part of many groups that promote equality for others to stress the need for peace despite skin color, religion, heritage, sexual orientation, gender. I am probably one the least biased and most accepting people you will meet and I believe that is important for this job.

Finally I know a big issue that a lot of people need help with involving Oekaki is Java. I myself when first trying to use java for my computer ran into technical difficulties which made me do tons of research about java and the safety off java, how it works, and how to solve a lot of technical issues with it. I know this will help me carry out this job successfully due to the fact that I understand java inside and out.

I hope you will consider me for the position.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this, I trust that you will make the best decision for CS with your selections <3
Last edited by Simon on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destiny » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Application;
What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:05 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6788
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 5-7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-4 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No I have not. But I catch on quickly and am sure I can meet the requirements just as easily!
Edit;I assumed this meant fourms outside of cs... but if it includes cs I help moderate Lenarions owned my Metallic Dragon.
Yes! I use it all the time! I also know how to work many of its functions!
Yup! I also love leaving friendly and encouraging comments for people!
I love art. I am always working on my own skills (though they may be restricted). More importantly I love other peoples art. Its one of my favorite things. Seeing what other people can come up with. The brilliance of creative freedom. CS is such a safe and comfortable site to view art. Its one of the reasons I am so pleased to be a part of this website. The strong art community, and the joy that people offer to others while sharing their work. I would love to help extend that joy and keep cs the way I have enjoyed it the last few years.
I am an extremely friendly person, and work well with others. In real life I volunteered for a few years as a junior leader at a youth center. I worked with children between the ages of 6-12. I am unfazed when it comes to others disagreeing with my judgement. I am an exceptional listener and remain impartial when it comes to dealing with arguments between people. I can easily use the Oekaki, and now with a few trial and error issues of my own, know how to fix most Oekaki issues. I know where to direct people for help if I dont know the answers as well, and am not afraid to do so.
I AM COMING BACK TO CS
AFTER 8 YEARS

I am missing many pets from being away
Are you quitting or down sizing ?
Please, consider lending me a hand...
So I can lessen my giant gap of missing pets <3
Destiny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:09 am

Sorry, but yet again, another question: If you do get hired for the job, will you have to quit like RPs and Clubs etc. Or will you just not have much time for them?
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyensa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 am

Black Dragon ASD wrote:Sorry, but yet again, another question: If you do get hired for the job, will you have to quit like RPs and Clubs etc. Or will you just not have much time for them?

This was already answered here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2229621&start=120#p69814951
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me