Username: ajohanna
    Name: Blackfire Nocturnal Night, "Noctus"
    Height: 18 in
    Weight: 35 lbs
    Colour: Blue Stained Harlequin Extreme Piebald
    Genotype: aa Bb cchcch dd EE Hh+ II Kbky Mm spsw+ tt UU LL

Are You Afraid of the Dark
    --

This collie is part of the Fall Festival!

This collie is afraid of the dark! What do they need to help them sleep at night?
    Minimum 100 words, no maximum OR at least one colored art piece with a brief description.
    Please give them an interesting, Halloween-themed name as well. Ends after 10/29.

Last edited by j. bourne on Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #459 Open

Postby sapphirespirit » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Username: sapphirespirit
Name:Samhain
Name Meaning: Samhain is believed to be the origin of Halloween, and is a pagan celebration to usher in the dark half of the year,starting halloween and lasting until the night of nov 1.
Prompt:Art wip
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Username: LemonBunny
Name: Polar North's Little Poltergeist // Rin
Name Meaning: (optional) Companion, Friend
Prompt: Rin came from a tougher background than most dogs, filled with isolation and dark rooms, he never really knew what it meant to be loved until he was adopted from his foster by Gabe, who wanted to train him to be an agility and frisbee dog, seeing how excitable and happy he was to be out of a crate. Gabe spent a long time working with Rin, getting him to open up to him, to bond with him and get to know him better, but one thing never changed over the years- How absolutely terrified Rin was of being in the dark and being alone. Gabe turned out the lights one night and heard a soft whine from the corner, a trembling Rin was just staring at him, scared of the darkness that engulfed the room. Knowing what it felt like to be scared, as he overcame stage fright not too long ago, Gabe slept with the lights on that night and Rin in his bed until he could get to a pet supply store. He bought blankets, a more plush dog bed with a heater in it, several stuffed toys and a nightlight for every outlet in the cabin bedroom, and it didn't take long for Rin to pick his new favorite toy-- A Stuffed, melanistic raccoon, which looked a lot like him now that Gabe thought about it. That evening, he plugged in all of the new night lights, blue and orange light spilled across the bedroom and Rin's eyes grew wide at the sight, he had never seen a light made in the dark like that before! So colorful! So shiny and bright! His tail wagged as he looked up at Gabe, who covered him up with his new blanket and placed his stuffed raccoon between his paws. The evening was quiet for the most part except for a strange shuffling noise that Gabe couldn't quite place, he woke up to look around but nothing was really disturbed, he shrugged it off and slept until the dawn, and when he awoke once more he noticed that Rin had dragged his dog bed next to the side of the bed that Gabe slept on the most, and was snoring peacefully, tail wagging in his sleep. (377 words)
Last edited by LemonBunny on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:10 am

Username: ajohanna
      Name: blackfire nocturnal night, "noctus"
      Name Meaning: active at night, night dweller.
      or the father owl in legend of the guardians: the owls of ga'hoole
      Prompt:

the darkness can at most times, be a terrifying thing. it is usually one of the top fears that individuals admit to. some, however, thrive in the darkness. not this canine. noctus isn't easily scared. darkness, on the other hand, is something that really spooks him. his mind likes to play tricks and forces him to see creatures moving through the darkness. watching either over him, or him. one of the few things that sooths this dog, is music. music calms him down in many situations, but without music, he would be tormented by the demons and creatures that haunt him in the dead of night.

his music taste varies, from instrumental, to grunge, to broadway, his pallet is very flavorful. some of his favorite songs to listen to at night are sad songs. they have a quiet tune and is a very soft sound to him which helps noctus fall asleep at night. he isn't a sad canine, but any sort of happy type of music just doesn't get him in the mood to fall asleep.
Last edited by avaloafe on Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:53 am

Username: Lex.
    Name: Niche
    Name Meaning: a comfortable or suitable position in life.
    Prompt:
    Niche has always been afraid of the dark since she was a pup. There was nothing that her mother could do except comfort her the best she could.
    When Niche was adopted, her owners quickly got wind of her fear of the darkness. At first, they weren't sure what to do to sooth her through the nights. They tried leaving the lights on, but it was too bright. Leaving the lights off wasn't an option.
    To get away, Niche an her owner went camping. It would be dark, but the firelight and the light from the lanterns would be enough to feel comfortable enough to sleep. They both sat by the fire, slowly letting the weight of their eyelids fall. Her owner put out the fire, and went to go turn on the lamps, but they wouldn't turn on. Niche starting whimpering, her mind caving in the darkness. Suddenly, a flash of light exploded from the sky. The moon appeared from behind the fog and clouds. Niche looked up, grateful for the light. She was able to sleep comfortably that nigh, bathing in the moonlight until dawn.
    Since, every night, she goes out to sleep under the moons comforting glare, settling down, and let's her worries melt away.
not me just figuring out i can only win one collie lmao
Last edited by Lex. on Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadeV » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 am

Username: FadeV
Name: Tremor
Name Meaning: shaking or shivering
Prompt: There's never been a specific reason that Tremor is afraid of the dark. It simply scares her when she looks down, and the darkness causes her to be unable to even see her own paws. She'll whimper and shake at night, unable to shake off the shadows that seem to be creeping in the corners of her vision. She does have a way to deal with her fear of darkness, but it's rather strange. In fact, the only way to calm her down in the dark is by playing very loud heavy metal music- The loud noise makes her calmer, and if the silence is dispersed the dark doesn't seem so scary. Although this can be a bit annoying to the other dogs, they still allow it, knowing that Tremor can't sleep without the music. How she peacefully sleeps through all that screaming and loud guitar solos, nobody knows- She seems to think of it as a very loud lullaby.
Image Image Image
Image Image
FadeV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am

Username: kennymcnenny
Name: He Comes In The Night // Bogeyman (Bogs)
Name Meaning: named after the story of the Bogeyman that is often told to frighten children, which has been around for centuries.
Prompt:
Despite his name, Bogs was not one you would find wandering around at night. He was, in fact, absolutely terrified of the dark and all that could possibly be held within it. The logical part of his brain knew there was nothing there, but the rest of him couldn't help the hair raising along his back whenever he found himself alone and surrounded by darkness. It felt like something was going to spring out at him at any given second. He also couldn't see anything and it unsettled him. He always had to sleep with at least one other collie nearby and by the warm fireplace in their cozy little cabin, otherwise, he'd just stay up and stress all through the night. Bogs is often found cuddled up with brandy in front of the fireplace, wrapped up together, and sleeping soundly. (141 words)
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:15 am

Username:BrightDays
Name:Omen of the Darkest Halloween Night/ Omen
Name Meaning: (optional)
Prompt: The only way Omen can sleep in the dark if he has some projection light that makes his room shows colorful stars at night. The stars comfort him and give him the light to see what is causing the scary sounds that make the night sound so spooky. The light also changes color and he loves watching it, and it helps keep him distracted from the nightly sounds. He also sleeps with a small stuffed elephant that his breeder gave him when she saw he was afraid of the dark and saw that he went over to it instead of his siblings. These two things help him sleep at night, even though nightmares still haunt him ever once in a while. (120 words)
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:41 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Name: Phantom
Name Meaning: (optional)
Prompt: Phantom has always been afraid of bats. They make screeching noises that he hates, it makes his ears hurt. He must sleep with a snake plushie he has, as snakes are bats' natural enemy. He will not sleep without his snake plushie ever. It is like his best friend, you don't want to lose them, they are important to you. He brings this snake plushie everywhere he goes; when he has to leave the house, his snake plushie comes along also. The snake has become a crucial part of his life. Phantom has made more friends in the past few months. (101 words)
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampire Adam » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:54 am

Username: Vampire Adam
Name: Penumbra
Name Meaning: the partially shaded outer area of a shadow
Prompt:
Penumbra loves the company of others in general, but in the dark, he absolutely relies on it. When the sun begins to set on another day, he always seeks out his owner or another collie for company, never leaving their side through the night. He won't settle down to sleep until his companion does, and he has to be close, with some part of his body touching theirs to reassure him that he's not alone. If, for some reason, he has to be alone at night, he'll hide under his favorite blanket in a room with a nightlight. However, this is very stressful for him, and he doesn't get a wink of sleep, so his owner does his best to make sure this never happens. [125 words]
On an indefinite hiatus from CS and Discord. Can still be contacted via PM.
Vampire Adam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me